Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Earthdawn Roll Call


Other RPGs

1 to 50 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Osirion

So where are the old Earthdawn fans? Or Earthdawn Classic gamers?

Still my favorite system of all time.

I'm thinking about dusting off my books and running an Earthdawn game soon. I might even convert RotRL AP to Earthdawn...hmmm.

Osirion

Xaaon of Xen'Drik wrote:

So where are the old Earthdawn fans? Or Earthdawn Classic gamers?

Still my favorite system of all time.

I'm thinking about dusting off my books and running an Earthdawn game soon. I might even convert RotRL AP to Earthdawn...hmmm.

No one? Not even Mr Hank Woon???


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Xaaon of Xen'Drik wrote:

So where are the old Earthdawn fans? Or Earthdawn Classic gamers?

Still my favorite system of all time.

I'm thinking about dusting off my books and running an Earthdawn game soon. I might even convert RotRL AP to Earthdawn...hmmm.

I and my group of friends have played a multi-year Earthdawn campaign. I eventually took them through Shattered Pattern, and used the Blades adventure as a secret reason to run Prelude to War. Ironic that the players in trying to run around stopping everything, assisted Betrayer in causing just what they were afraid of.

*insert maniacal laughter*

some very very awesome moments in that epic campaign.

Osirion

I had MANY Earthdawn books.
Never got to play it... but I thought it was a wonderful setting.

I haven't picked up any of the new edition (Red Brick) books simple because they are so expensive...

Osirion

Yeah, I have a complete set if 1st ed books, but no RedBrick ones, since the price is INSAAAAAYNE...even the PDFs are crazy expensive...

I really wish I could afford all the RedBrick stuff, they seem to be doing a much better job the Living Room Games did...

Osirion

have not seen the new book, I still have my old one however

Contributor

Xaaon of Xen'Drik wrote:

Yeah, I have a complete set if 1st ed books, but no RedBrick ones, since the price is INSAAAAAYNE...even the PDFs are crazy expensive...

I really wish I could afford all the RedBrick stuff, they seem to be doing a much better job the Living Room Games did...

Hey Xaaon! You can expect more great stuff from RedBrick in the future, including (hopefully) some prices that are closer to your budget. =)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting Subscriber

Present.

Cheliax

Earthdawn Third Edition looks like it'll be released around July.

NOTE: Edited clarifying ED Third Edition and Age of Legends.

Contributor

joela wrote:
Earthdawn Third Edition looks like it'll be released around July.

Yes, we're releasing 3rd edition in July. Age of Legend 4E is still in development, and actually that's what I've been doing today (while sitting at home nursing this blasted cold; I finally caught the Paizonian Pandemic that's been floating around the office).

3rd Edition is almost a misnomer, though. There are a lot of changes, but folks who already have the classic books don't need to feel like they are being chumped and have to buy the new books, as they will still be compatible. However, the deal with Mongoose means that the book prices for 3rd edition will be a little more appealing for those who felt the classic books were too expensive.

4E is only related to Earthdawn in setting, not mechanics (even the metaplots might diverge).

But yeah, good stuff, good times. James and Carsten have all the details, and will no doubt be answering all kinds of questions over on the ED forums.


Oh man THAT is such great news!!!

Will 3rd edition basically be a re-print of RedBrick's Classic stuff?

Man, I can't believe how excited I am!!! WOOOOOO

In fact I had to create a new avatar I'm so happy!

Txoro was my highest level Earthdawn character, a t'skrang skyraider/swordmaster/warrior (Storm Crusader Master) I created a discipline combining my powers and started teaching others. I think his highest circle was 12.

Since Paizo carries Mongoose stuff, I expect to see Earthdawn stuff for sale here in July!!!


Hank Woon wrote:
joela wrote:
Earthdawn Third Edition looks like it'll be released around July.

Yes, we're releasing 3rd edition in July. Age of Legend 4E is still in development, and actually that's what I've been doing today (while sitting at home nursing this blasted cold; I finally caught the Paizonian Pandemic that's been floating around the office).

3rd Edition is almost a misnomer, though. There are a lot of changes, but folks who already have the classic books don't need to feel like they are being chumped and have to buy the new books, as they will still be compatible. However, the deal with Mongoose means that the book prices for 3rd edition will be a little more appealing for those who felt the classic books were too expensive.

4E is only related to Earthdawn in setting, not mechanics (even the metaplots might diverge).

But yeah, good stuff, good times. James and Carsten have all the details, and will no doubt be answering all kinds of questions over on the ED forums.

Also they had to call it 3rd edition in America because Living Room Games had 2nd edition...

Contributor

Txoro of Barsaive wrote:


Also they had to call it 3rd edition in America because Living Room Games had 2nd edition...

Yep, exactly. There was some internal debate about whether or not we wanted to change the edition name, but the deciding factor came down to brand confusion. We wanted to be clear that Earthdawn is alive and kicking, and our version is the current (and supported) version.

And as far as what we're changing, James will be posting a comprehensive FAQ over on the ED forums. You may have to wait before you find out which mechanics will be getting an overhaul, but most questions will be answered there.


Any word on when/if Paizo will be carrying it?

Contributor

Txoro of Barsaive wrote:
Any word on when/if Paizo will be carrying it?

I actually have no idea!


Your enthusiasm has prompted me to look into this setting, particularly as I need a new campaign for one of my groups.

Looks awesome - I'll be giving it a go!


Good to hear...Hope you like the system...here's a slight overview:

The game is all about high fantasy. The characters themselves are adepts, they can use magic to enhance their own abilities...Airships are in the setting. There are nasty nasty "Horrors" in the system, they make demons look like pussy cats. Typical way to start a campaign is to have the players make some characters and be leaving their "Kaer", a magically reinforced bunker city that name-givers fled to during the last Scourge. A Scourge is when the magic levels rise so high the horrors come through en masse...

Magic items can be legendary...you have to learn about them and perform acts or rituals to open up their powers...it might just be knowing the name of the weapon for the first tier power, but the upper level powers, those involve lengthy rituals or acts to finish, perfect hooks.

Character advancement is with legend points...the characters themselves can pretty much control how fast they level by the way they spend them.

Multi-classing is easy...and seamless

Spell casting is skill based, you weave threads for most spells then cast with a spell casting check. But you can only hold so many spells in your matrix, and casting raw spells without a matrix, is a BAD BAD Thing...but switching a spell in a matrix can be done out of combat easily, or can be attempted in combat.

Anyone else want to chime in on Earthdawn? I gotta get some work done heh.


Thanks that's very useful. I've purchased a sourcebook online and while I wait for it, I've been designing a Kaer city I've named 'The Kingdom'.

I'm going to be running this for a single player and I want to run some Kaer based adventures before they set forth into the wider world. So to create the illusion that this campaign will be very local and internalised before it opens right up.

To do this I've decided the PC will be part of 'The Kingdom's' city militia, responsible both for keeping order and maintaining the Kaer Prison. I've been giving some thought to power groups and criminals within the Kaer. I want to introduce the wider themes very gradually.

Forgive me, as I've yet to read the books, if this contradicts published material, but I have an idea that the Horrors are in fact cosmic criminals that have escaped from a transdimensional prison that has collided with the planet. This is a secret that might be uncovered further down the road. For me it also creates a mirror of the PC's own starting circumstances, as the initial story arc will culminate with a prison break within the Kaer, a small reflection of the metaplot.


Earthdawn is capital A Awesome!

I have all the old FASA stuff, and I'm really looking forward to RedBrick's 3rd ed.

Contributor

Arcane Joe wrote:


Forgive me, as I've yet to read the books, if this contradicts published material, but I have an idea that the Horrors are in fact cosmic criminals that have escaped from a transdimensional prison that has collided with the planet. This is a secret that might be uncovered further down the road. For me it also creates a mirror of the PC's own starting circumstances, as the initial story arc will culminate with a prison break within the Kaer, a small reflection of the metaplot.

Well, in a way they are imprisoned. When the magic level peaks, it weakens the barrier between planes, allowing the Horrors to spill through onto the material plane. They ravage the land for about half a millennium until the magic lowers and sends them screaming back to whatever dark pit spawns them. The current setting for ED is just after this time (known as the Scourge), a sort of post-apocalyptic period where the races are reclaiming the surface of the planet while battling the remaining Horrors and each other.

So I think the analogy of a "prison break" is apt.


Unfortunately the typical scenario when a Horror breaks the protections on the Kaer or Citadel, it will ravage the entire Kaer, and later down the line the intrepid adventurers will find that corrupted Kaer...

Not a bad little scenario tho! I might have to use a minor horror incursion as an introductory adventurer when I get my new group into it...

Of course it might just be one of the little horrors...or maybe it will be a corrupter type...and it likes influencing others into bad things...and that's what the first couple circles will entail...


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Wow. I need to check the "Other RPGs" threads more often.

I have nearly all of the FASA books (all of the Rule books and most of the adventures). I have the LR Games books, but none of the Red Brick stuff. I am glad to see that the game is getting a new edition. I will definately pick up the books.

Earthdawn had a great setting with a lot of flavor. Ahh, good times.


Woo! glad I made this thread...

I have all the FASA books and some of the LRG books also...

The setting is cool, but I'm thinking of running a Rise of the Runelords EArthdawn conversion...

Obviously the Scourge won't work, but just using the system with legend points, and thread weapons should be really fun I think.

I'll add airships to the setting to make sure Sky Raiders make sense.

I might have to make some additional races.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Earthdawn is good. Been playing it off and on for a couple years now. I really like it's take on magic weapons. There are "common" magic items, but all of the good magic items all have some story around them. And the items "level" so that sword you got at the beginning of the campaign isn't going to just become obsolete and replaced right away. It's similar to what Weapons of Legend tried to do, but in Earthdawn it's the default way that magic items work. It's really nice.

I actually started a Curse of the Crimson Throne game using Earthdawn set in Barsaive. I just transplanted Korvosa to Barsaive and made the city an exTheran city instead of an exCheliax one. And Kozavan is practically a tailor made horror. It worked pretty well for the most part. Sadly, we only got through the first adventure before the group broke up. Too many schedule conflicts.

-Kcinlive


Kcinlive wrote:

Earthdawn is good. Been playing it off and on for a couple years now. I really like it's take on magic weapons. There are "common" magic items, but all of the good magic items all have some story around them. And the items "level" so that sword you got at the beginning of the campaign isn't going to just become obsolete and replaced right away. It's similar to what Weapons of Legend tried to do, but in Earthdawn it's the default way that magic items work. It's really nice.

I actually started a Curse of the Crimson Throne game using Earthdawn set in Barsaive. I just transplanted Korvosa to Barsaive and made the city an exTheran city instead of an exCheliax one. And Kozavan is practically a tailor made horror. It worked pretty well for the most part. Sadly, we only got through the first adventure before the group broke up. Too many schedule conflicts.

-Kcinlive

Ah, that does sound like a good mixture...hmmm...now you've got me thinking of running that...bastard! LoL


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Kcinlive wrote:

Earthdawn is good. Been playing it off and on for a couple years now. I really like it's take on magic weapons. There are "common" magic items, but all of the good magic items all have some story around them. And the items "level" so that sword you got at the beginning of the campaign isn't going to just become obsolete and replaced right away. It's similar to what Weapons of Legend tried to do, but in Earthdawn it's the default way that magic items work. It's really nice.

-Kcinlive

I also like that named items can become magical. There are no hard rules, but the premise that magic is based on allows the GM a lot of leeway with magical items.

I once played in a game where another plyer with a dwarf swordmaster had a streak of bad luck and rolled horribly on attack rolls. He got fed up and named his sword "Windbeater." The GM ran with it and had the sword start to develop magical powers related to the wind. Unfortunately, the game broke up before it fully developed.

Andoran

Pathfinder Maps Subscriber

I have all the FASA and LRG books but have only read a few of them, and I have not really had a chance to play or run it yet (I only ever manage a couple of sessions before it all fizzles out).

I am actually thinking about selling my books :(


Instead of selling them, read the main book and the creature book, that's all the rules, and the disciplines through circle 8...the first adventures are easy to introduce, bring the adventurers out of the Kaer/Citadel and have them start exploring...you can explore the world more yourself as you have the characters advance...trust me, mundane creatures can be enough of a challenge by themselves...

If you do sell them, I'm sure you'll make a pretty penny, I know I paid quite a lot for mine on eBay and Noble-Knight a few years ago...

Thraxus wrote:


I also like that named items can become magical. There are no hard rules, but the premise that magic is based on allows the GM a lot of leeway with magical items.

I once played in a game where another plyer with a dwarf swordmaster had a streak of bad luck and rolled horribly on attack rolls. He got fed up and named his sword "Windbeater." The GM ran with it and had the sword start to develop magical powers related to the wind. Unfortunately, the game broke up before it fully developed.

I love thread magic...and naming, typically legendary items only became truly powerful in the hands someone who inherited the weapon after the death of the previous user.

Now here's a curiosity, if a Legendary name-giver had multiple weapons that looked the same over time, would there be multiple legendary weapons of the same name due to their legacy?

I wouldn't allow PCs to have legendary items from their own status until they attained at least Legendary Status 3.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

A player once had a normal run-of-the-mill sword but for some reason every time he rolled a hit location with it he always rolled the right or left leg. He started calling it Kneecapper. Hilarity ensued.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Txoro of Barsaive wrote:
I wouldn't allow PCs to have legendary items from their own status until they attained at least Legendary Status 3.

I would allow for abilities on par with common thread weapons. Any powerful or unique ability would have to come after the player accomplished a legendary task (such as slaying a powerful horror).

Contributor

Txoro of Barsaive wrote:


Now here's a curiosity, if a Legendary name-giver had multiple weapons that looked the same over time, would there be multiple legendary weapons of the same name due to their legacy?

Well, it depends if they shared a Name. A Name grants an object a True Pattern. Have you read the adventure Blades? In it, there are 8 daggers--the Blades of Cara Fahd--and they share a pattern (enough for each player in a party to have at least one and share in the power).


Hank Woon wrote:
Txoro of Barsaive wrote:


Now here's a curiosity, if a Legendary name-giver had multiple weapons that looked the same over time, would there be multiple legendary weapons of the same name due to their legacy?

Well, it depends if they shared a Name. A Name grants an object a True Pattern. Have you read the adventure Blades? In it, there are 8 daggers--the Blades of Cara Fahd--and they share a pattern (enough for each player in a party to have at least one and share in the power).

I have Blades, but never got the chance to run it...sounds like a fun one to run...

Contributor

Txoro of Barsaive wrote:


I have Blades, but never got the chance to run it...sounds like a fun one to run...

Yeah, it's pretty epic!


Hey my Earthdawn source book arrived - and as you already know it's fantastic! I love the talents, weapons and of course was already sold on the setting from reading this thread. I'm finding it a really rich book, reminding me of the old 2ED box set campaign settings, which were always exciting to open and look through.

I've run my first two sessions this week, very focussed on Kaer life and intrigues. The PC is witnessing social inequality and combating a criminal network, playing as a member of the Kaer guard/police.

I've dropped no hint of my intention to later take the campaign out into the wider world. I'm going to keep it this microcosmic for as long as I've got worthwhile ideas.


Txoro of Barsaive wrote:

Unfortunately the typical scenario when a Horror breaks the protections on the Kaer or Citadel, it will ravage the entire Kaer, and later down the line the intrepid adventurers will find that corrupted Kaer...

Unless! It is the waning days of the magic cycle when a Horror breaches a kaer, and it knows that the magic levels would not sustain its existence on earth. But within the magical confines of a warded kaer, there is enough of a magical concentration that it can remain this side of the Astral. (I'm can't remember if it was the stronger horrors or weaker ones that had to flee back to the Astral as the magic levels dropped. So it might be this would be a more powerful horror than Verjigorm.)

This horror's whole goal is to keep the kaer closed and powered, at least until it can discover another way to survive in the world, which means it can't destroy the population (they have to keep the wards going) and it can't let them out. So it focuses on corrupting and convincing the town's leadership that the Scourge is still going strong. That gives you a sinister excuse to have the PCs living in a sealed kaer while most of the rest of the world has emerged.


Arcane Joe wrote:

Hey my Earthdawn source book arrived - and as you already know it's fantastic! I love the talents, weapons and of course was already sold on the setting from reading this thread. I'm finding it a really rich book, reminding me of the old 2ED box set campaign settings, which were always exciting to open and look through.

I've run my first two sessions this week, very focussed on Kaer life and intrigues. The PC is witnessing social inequality and combating a criminal network, playing as a member of the Kaer guard/police.

I've dropped no hint of my intention to later take the campaign out into the wider world. I'm going to keep it this microcosmic for as long as I've got worthwhile ideas.

Sweet, it makes me so happy that I was instrumental in getting someone new into Earthdawn. Sounds like a cool campaign.


tyweise wrote:
Txoro of Barsaive wrote:

Unfortunately the typical scenario when a Horror breaks the protections on the Kaer or Citadel, it will ravage the entire Kaer, and later down the line the intrepid adventurers will find that corrupted Kaer...

Unless! It is the waning days of the magic cycle when a Horror breaches a kaer, and it knows that the magic levels would not sustain its existence on earth. But within the magical confines of a warded kaer, there is enough of a magical concentration that it can remain this side of the Astral. (I'm can't remember if it was the stronger horrors or weaker ones that had to flee back to the Astral as the magic levels dropped. So it might be this would be a more powerful horror than Verjigorm.)

This horror's whole goal is to keep the kaer closed and powered, at least until it can discover another way to survive in the world, which means it can't destroy the population (they have to keep the wards going) and it can't let them out. So it focuses on corrupting and convincing the town's leadership that the Scourge is still going strong. That gives you a sinister excuse to have the PCs living in a sealed kaer while most of the rest of the world has emerged.

It was the more powerful horrors that had to flee as the magic levels wained. That would make an interesting campaign as well...

Qadira

I'm a litle late to this dscussion but wanted to put my hand up as a devoted Earthdawn fan. I was tempted to drop DnD an go back to it when red brick took over but there were still things that needed adressing for me to get into it.

I used to DM Earthdawn back in the FASA days and it was a real bugger with all the dice mods etc. Having said that though, it is still the campaign and game that me and my gaming group always talk about. And that's after ten years playing DnD now.

I've tried twice to get a DnD game up and runnig set in the world of Barsaive, but it just never felt right. One day maybe.

Cheers

Contributor

Wrath wrote:


I used to DM Earthdawn back in the FASA days and it was a real bugger with all the dice mods etc.

Cheers

Are you referring to the pain-in-the-butt method of having to figure out the new Action Step whenever a new mod showed up? Because we fixed that (essentially stripped it away to a +1/-1 modifier to the roll instead of having to slow the game up to switch dice, though that's still an option too).


Well if you want to run D&D in barsaive, RedBrick is making a 4E campaign setting, and with the "Powers" of 4E, it should be an acceptable fit...

Interesting change Hank,

Our Group never had a problem with step changes, it was always exciting, and after a 12 circle campaign we pretty much had our step increases worked out...

Changing would to be a -1 to dice would be nice tho...(maybe -1/die rolled)


Txoro of Barsaive wrote:

Well if you want to run D&D in barsaive, RedBrick is making a 4E campaign setting, and with the "Powers" of 4E, it should be an acceptable fit...

Interesting change Hank,

Our Group never had a problem with step changes, it was always exciting, and after a 12 circle campaign we pretty much had our step increases worked out...

Changing would to be a -1 to dice would be nice tho...(maybe -1/die rolled)

wound, not would

Osirion

4e Earthdawn, that is coolness.

Qadira

Yeah, when i read 4th edition i felt it had a close feel to Earthdawn. Particulalry the inherint magic ability to heal and tap into powers.

The other thing that I struggled with was building encounters at a suitable level. I was a much less experienced DM in those days though, and I feel I do the game much more justice nowdays.

Ah well, its good to reminisce, but my group are pretty entrenched in Pathfinder and are also about to try out Warhammer 40k roleplay (which I am excited about, having played 40k since I was aabout 13).

Cheers

Contributor

Wrath wrote:
Ah well, its good to reminisce, but my group are pretty entrenched in Pathfinder...

Well, Pathfinder is also awesome on toast. ;)


My group is actually pretty excited about running Earthdawn, After we finish with Grasp of the Emerald Claw, I think I'm going to be running a game. Wooo!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Hank Woon wrote:
Are you referring to the pain-in-the-butt method of having to figure out the new Action Step whenever a new mod showed up? Because we fixed that (essentially stripped it away to a +1/-1 modifier to the roll instead of having to slow the game up to switch dice, though that's still an option too).

There were a number of times I had players not wanting to get the +1 step bonus because the current step had better odds of a getting an exploding roll. Typically d4s and d6s had better chances of rolling up than d8s, d10s, or d20s.


Thraxus wrote:
Hank Woon wrote:
Are you referring to the pain-in-the-butt method of having to figure out the new Action Step whenever a new mod showed up? Because we fixed that (essentially stripped it away to a +1/-1 modifier to the roll instead of having to slow the game up to switch dice, though that's still an option too).
There were a number of times I had players not wanting to get the +1 step bonus because the current step had better odds of a getting an exploding roll. Typically d4s and d6s had better chances of rolling up than d8s, d10s, or d20s.

Yeah, d12 sucked compared to 2d6! heh


Thanks Txoro and others : )

Here's a quick self-indulgent summary of the 'story so far'. This is a single PC campaign.

'THE KINGDOM'

Nyx lives in a Kaer known as 'The Kingdom'. It is ruled by a Theran leader who is self-indulgent and distances himself from the people. Nyx is an acolyte studying The Passions, with an eye to becoming a Priestess. The priesthood also occupy a high status in Kingdom society and enjoy wealth and privilege beyond the regular populace of the Kaer.

Nyx's friend and fellow acolyte is murdered by a killer named Hyperion. The temple are ineffectual in taking action, and Nyx, already disenchanted with the religious way of life, resigns before reaching ordination.

Instead she seeks out a notable warrior trainer and petitions him for the training required to become a member of the Kaer militia. In the tradition of these things, he is reluctant to train a member of the temple but finally relents. Nyx subsequently gains a job working for the guard, who control a nine-level prison complex known as the Pit, and organise patrols to keep law and order in the streets.

The Kaer is divided into several areas which reflect social classes. Nyx's experiences policing each strata are reflective of the differing culture of each. Most of the adventure takes place in 'Subterrainia', a dangerous underclass region (think Mad Max III). This has it's own criminal 'godfather' who expects the guard not to interfere with his business. Naturally this is an ongoing source of intrigue.

Through books, theatre and sermons delivered to the prisoners by visiting priests, Nyx gradually builds her understanding of world history and of the Scourge that has befallen them. Hence this information is gradually introduced through role-play, rather than at the outset. This reflects a Kaer focussed mentality that has become concerned with it's own politics and almost forgotten it's origins.

Meanwhile, the aforementioned killer 'Hyperion' has been apprehended and secured in the lowest circle of 'The Pit'. Secretly he is a Horror who has taken human form and is waiting for the opportunity to undermine the security of the entire Kaer. For now Hyperion is content to watch and observe human behaviour, but he has a plan to take his leave both of the prison and of the sealed Kaer itself.

Three people in the Kaer have the means to open the Orichalcum gate and one of them is the Captain of the Guard. Hyperion plans to orchestrate a prison break and in the chaos obtain the 'key' from the Captain. He intends to leave and report to his masters, to orchestrate a Horror invasion of the Kaer. However, a rare individual with the requisite spiritual and militant training will be sent out to stop him!

NARRATIVE TECHNIQUE BIBLIOGRAPHY:

Sociology Themes & Perspectives, Haralambos (1980) - 'They enjoy or suffer the unequal distribution of rewards in society as members of different social groups.'

The Shaolin Temple (1982) - The hero must prove their seriousness before receiving training.

The Terminator (1984) - Introduce information as part of the action.

The Divine Comedy (1321) - Sinners are kept in hell in nine catagories of seriousness.

The Hero with a Thousand Faces (1949) - The hero passes through a gateway between their home and the world of adventure.

Final Fantasy VII (1997) - The hero explores the world whilst driven by chasing a hated foe.


All right, all this talk of Earthdawn has got me moving on my conversion.

I'm using the Earthdawn system set in Golarion. Going to run
Rise of the Runelords.

I'm converting the following races into Earthdawn Races
Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, and Halfling.

I'm looking for a good priest or cleric discipline, since Golarion is a big Deity based world, unlike Barsaive. I Found a Healer discipline that might work, but still looking.

It wasn't until I saw that Red Brick is putting out a 4e setting, that I realized why I didn't think 4e was D&D, it was too much like Earthdawn, without being Earthdawn...

1 to 50 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gaming / Other RPGs / Earthdawn Roll Call All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.