A. Old School Dungeons
Early D&D This used a powder blue background. So We will draw this in Microsoft Word.
1. Open a Word Document
2. Go into the Draw Menu in the lower left corner.
3. select GRID and set vert/horiz grid spacings to 0.2 cm
YOu should have a nice blue background with square grid on it.
4. Go into AUTOSHAPES and select freeform from the lines option.
5. Starting at a point on the blue grid, draw a line while holding the mouse button down so that you draw three caves off a central fourth cave. As you bring the line around to a point near your origin, avoid joining them up. This provides you with a mouth opening to your cave.
6. Having a wireframe cave on your blue background it is most likely selected so go to the fill colour bucket and select white.
you should now have a white cave on a blue background.
7. Select the TEXTBOX item in each cave and streach out to a centimetre square so you can type a number designation for each cave and select NO FILLCOLOUR and NO LINECOLOUR from each menu.
8. Set the Number designation to a light grey so it is barely visible against the white.
9. Position a Text box with NO FILLCOLOUR and NO LINECOLOUR. Put in SIZE 22 ARIAL BLACK with colour set to light yellow the words THE BANDIT CAVES.
10. Select it all with a hold down mousebutton and drag. Then having selected everything in the Area, go to the Draw menu and select group.
There is your Basic D&D Dungeon.