Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Assault on Castle Whiterock


Play-by-Post

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,181 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

female human oracle of battle 4
DM Sharoth wrote:
WooT!!! 1000 posts and still going.

1000 posts and still no XP for me is what you mean! ;)

Dark Archive

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation
Merian Benvalla wrote:
DM Sharoth wrote:
WooT!!! 1000 posts and still going.
1000 posts and still no XP for me is what you mean! ;)

~gives and innocent look and starts to whistle~

We are getting there. I am trying to get you all into combat. After all, I do want a TPK. Errrrr........ Ignore that last remark!


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Is this not where the monks are said to have moved in?"

Still not officially back yet just can't sleep for some reason tonight

Dark Archive

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation
Priapus wrote:

"Is this not where the monks are said to have moved in?"

Still not officially back yet just can't sleep for some reason tonight

Priapus,

~Arien looks at you~ What monks?

Understandable. I do hope that you get some sleep, my friend!


Female Human Fighter 1

Idiah suggests that the group approach the castle furthest from the standing tower's line of sight.
I'm assuming that, because there was more than one tower, the others were originally built to cover other portions of the castle, and if we pick the ruined ones, it is less likely we'll be attacked from above.


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Um the um, monks who are looking for the artifact"

Arien?

"If the place is occupied, wouldn't it just be simpler to just go and knock on the front door? I mean instead of trying to go all the way around and stuff. It is a castle afterall and they design them to make it hard to sneak up on them. Just a thought."


Female Human Fighter 1

Arien is the drunkard monk we encountered yesterday, the one Lord High-n-Mighty was making fun of before he was making fun of us.

"Knock on the front door? It sounds like someone knocked on you and made your brains rattle if you think we'll just walk in there!" Idiah whispers to the gnome.


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Well sometimes you get a different reaction knocking on a door rather then sneaking up and/or attacking someone."he whispers back


Female Human Fighter 1

"You mean...disguising ourselves, or lying to get in? Or maybe bribing them to let us in?"
Idiah considers the possibility, but doubts such a plan would work. The people they are tracking are slavers, after all; Priapus' approach might clap them all in irons before he could get out the word "Hello."


M Gnome Bard/1st

" Um disguise.... we could try that, I guess. On the otherhand we could always just 'knock' I mean they are supposed to be monks up here. They might not be the slavers. They might just be a group who are looking for something and as such they maybe more then willing to give us some information."


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Of course, I could be wrong. You never know. We could always split into two groups though. One that knocks on the front door and the others who will find a more subtle entrance."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 1

"If a Brother order is entrenched here, then perhaps I would do well to be one of the 'knockers'? I could easily pass as an envoy of my order (it is not so far from the truth, in any case). And should the inhabitants attack me on sight, I consider myself both agile enough to defend myself and fleet enough of foot to escape."


M Gnome Bard/1st

"A couple of people should be enough, and if it looks all clear well the rest can come up later..... as an armed group, just to be safe."


female human oracle of battle 4

"We don't have enough information to make that kind of plan," Merian says, shaking her head. "We shouldn't be talking about sending a party into a potentially dangerous situation until we know what's actually down there - or at least have a better idea of it."


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Well that was my point, find stuff out. We need information and it is a possible armed encampment, walking in without some clue of just where we are going isn't going to do us much good. Did we get a message through to the girl? Did she give us any clue as to where we need to go? Is it the castle or somewhere near?"


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1
Priapus wrote:
Did we get a message through to the girl? Did she give us any clue as to where we need to go? Is it the castle or somewhere near?"

"Aye, wee one. She didst warn us of a score of orcs, coming anon to purchase her and some half-a-dozen fellow bondsmen."


Female Human Fighter 1

Idiah nods. Keeping her voice down, "The girl said she was being taken to the castle, with other captives. Since all the disappearances and enslaving is happening nearby, we suspect the castle is being used as a base of operations by the slavers."


Kael continues scouting.
He'll go back to the group and 'check in' every hour or so.


M Gnome Bard/1st

"So what your saying is, the monks maybe behind to kidnappings and as such are not to be trusted. Ok I get that. How are we going to get in then? Does anyone have a magic carpet to get us over the wall? I have always just knocked on the door performed a few songs and used that as my way into places. Just saying from experience it works. People tend to downplay your capabilities if all they think you are is a simple performer."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 1

"I have little experience in matters of subterfuge, but I have confidence in the skills of Priapus. My only worry is that should his ruse somehow fail and our intentions be discovered, our chances to save Lyssa and the other captives will likely be very slim."


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

"Our first goal must be to see the captives to safety. We must not let alarums rise till we know where they are and can make good their escape.

"Reconnaissance, then rescue, then revenge. Alphabetical order."


Female Human Fighter 1
Brother Seamus wrote:
"Alphabetical order."

Or the Ancient Azlanti/Jistka equivalent?


M Gnome Bard/1st

"I'm up for just about anything, someone take the lead, and the rest follow."

Dark Archive

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Everything appears to be quiet for the most part. You are close enough to see that someone has worked on fixing the walls a bit. It is around 1pm and the sky is starting to get a bit cloudy.

EEP!!! This is what I get for working on two tests this weekend. Sorry about the delay!

Edit - On the plus side, I made a 90.9 and a 95.5 on those tests.


M Gnome Bard/1st

How close to the castle are we?


Male Silver Dragon
Priapus wrote:
How close to the castle are we?

The treeline ends around 1/3 of a mile away from the castle.


female human oracle of battle 4

"Circle, look for entrances or people outside?" Merian suggests.


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

I turn to Merian. "Of our company, Kael and I might approach yon walls direct and unperceived. By thy leave?"


female human oracle of battle 4

Did I just get nominated party leader? Well, Merian's certainly not going to blink at it...

Nodding, Merian replies, "Good. Any other volunteers?"


Is Kael back with the party?


female human oracle of battle 4

Would he have gone past the treeline?


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Of course I could always be a distraction, if you want?"


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1
Priapus wrote:
Of course, I could always be a distraction if you want.

Struck by his selflessness, I look kindly down at the gnome. "Pray, good Priapus, that such a sacrifice should not be needed. But if it shouldst indeed come to pass, when rescuing the captured, that thou must take the attention of a score of slavers and unruly orcs unto thyself, knowest thou that we shalt sing of thy courage and valor."


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Don't look at me like that! I've gotten out of worse scraps then some orcs, of course, it was my fault. How was I supposed to know they would react that way. It was only a small shrine. You know what, lets just drop the subject..."
~walks off mumbling to himself


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

I (and Kael, I hope) move forward, hiding as the terrain allows.


M Gnome Bard/1st

~Kicks rock and frowns~
waiting is not normally his thing


Female Human Fighter 1

Idiah grips her axe and waits near the treeline while Kael and Brother Seamus reconnoiter, ready to jump into the fray if there is any trouble.


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 1

Shrugging in support of Shaemus's plan, I find a relatively camouflaged spot within earshot of the group and with a view of the castle and rest, meditating on it's defenses as I pore over the section I can see.

Should I roll a skill check?


I assume Kael is with the party.
Kael joins Brother Seamus on the scouting trip.

What time of day is it?


M Gnome Bard/1st

~hums quietly to myself hiding in a bush

~sigh~


Almost forgot about this game! Sorry! Just rebuilt my new computer, and didn't bookmark the feed..

DM:

Spoiler:

Was the human paladin of iomedae, in the dream aldan had, in fact, merian? Or was it someone else?

"I have a bad feeling about this place."


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

Brother Seamus' Hide roll: d20 + 15 = 27.


M Gnome Bard/1st
Merian Benvalla wrote:

Did I just get nominated party leader? Well, Merian's certainly not going to blink at it...

Nodding, Merian replies, "Good. Any other volunteers?"

Sure why not


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

Oh, by the way, I am keeping an eye out for raven familiars.


Female Human Fighter 1

What if the raven you spot is just a regular raven? How would you be able to tell?


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 1

Ravens conducting gridded patrol sweeps?


M Gnome Bard/1st

Looks around....."Does anyone see any animals around here?"


M Gnome Bard/1st

BumP!!!!


Female Human Fighter 1

Idiah thinks about what she's doing and holsters her axe. With the distance between the treeline and the castle open ground, she decides to string her bow and nock an arrow. Now if there is trouble she can shoot from cover, providing more effective aid to Brother Seamus and Kael.


M Gnome Bard/1st

Seeing others prepare for long rang combat, Priapus pulls out several bolts and readies his crossbow, meager thing that it is.

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,181 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Assault on Castle Whiterock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.