Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Assault on Castle Whiterock


Play-by-Post

651 to 700 of 1,181 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Brother Seamus,

~Quintus looks at you with a sad look on his face~ I was in Absalom at the time working out a deal to get some items that I need for my potions. ~almost starts to sob~ I had no idea that this had happened until Lady Chauntessa send me a message.

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Brother Seamus,

~Lady Chauntessa places the cat on her shoulder and walks over to a cabenet, opening it and pulling out a map of the surrounding area~ I can show you where Davros' body was found as well as what abductions that we know about. ~she walks to a table and clears a space before unrolling the map~

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Brother Seamus,

~Lady Chauntessa looks at you~ Ankiel? No. I have not heard of that name. What do you know of this person?

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Merian,

~Lady Chauntessa smiles at you~ Thank you for your faith. Just rember that I want you back here in one piece. ~She looks around at everyone~ Use caution. We are probably on a time limit here, but having a noble death does not solve our problems.

~she then points to the map~ Here is where Davros' body was found. ~she then points to 5 other areas around the Castle~ And these are areas where people have disapeared from.

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

To those that beat the spot check of 15...

Spoiler:
~You notice that Lady Chauntessa's eyes become slightly narrowed in anger for just a split second when she mentions the red dragon Benthosruthsa before she proceeds with her tale~

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation
Priapus wrote:

walks around the room borrowing everyones loose change and spare minor trinkets and magic items. "the wizard wont need this wand" then does a jig in the middle of the room.

Bump

~Laughter~ Sorry. I was being a bad boy. Next time when I plan on playing hookie from work I will remember to bring my stuff with me so I can be ready when the boss calls me in. I will accept 5 flogging and three beatings. Does that sound good? ~GRINS~

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

To all,

~Lady Chauntessa looks around at each of you~ My suggestion is to take Lyssa's familiar, Avros with you. He can help with finding Lyssa. My guess is that once you find her, you might be able to find some of the other missing people. Look for clues as to who is doing these abductions and what can be done to eliminate that threat. Also, be on the look out for any cluse as to if and how these people are interacting with whatever else is in that vicinity.

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Valtiro Caspisi,

~Lady Chauntessa looks at you~ I am not the one that can decide if you can join this expedition. Perhaps you should ask your potential friends here? ~she gestures to the rest of you~ What do you say? Could you use another person to help out? I know of his order and they are honorable and trustworthy. He could be of use to you.


"We could use all the help we can get." Aldan says simply. "Shall we go? I will aid in finding Lyssa, as well as information of these abductors. What say you?" He asks, looking to the rest of the group.


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Well lets follow the pet and see where that gets us. Right now I have not much better to do, and murder does so get my blood to boil. Now killing a man in an honest fight is one thing but just to kill someone and to leave their body and take their woman, that's another thing entirely."

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation
Priapus wrote:
"Well lets follow the pet and see where that gets us. Right now I have not much better to do, and murder does so get my blood to boil. Now killing a man in an honest fight is one thing but just to kill someone and to leave their body and take their woman, that's another thing entirely."

Aldan and Priapus,

~Tess looks at Priapus~ Abducting a woman would be bad enough, but Lyssa was 12 years old.

~Tess then looks at Aldan~ Be careful.


M Gnome Bard/1st
Tess wrote:


~Tess looks at Priapus~ Abducting a woman would be bad enough, but Lyssa was 12 years old.

"This too shall have to be remedied."


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

"Have we any information on the attackers? Their numbers, or their race?

"Your Ladyship, when Kael and I took Arien's story seriously, three men then tried to kill him. They did confess that they were hired to silence his tale of kidnapping and slavery, by someone named Ankiel. Mine impression was that they were local to the town, so might someone of your standing in the community have heard that name before.

"Master Quintus, canst thou cast a sending to the lass, assuring her of our intent to rescue her? Or would that, too, be more direct effort than thou might dare to muster?"

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation
Brother Seamus wrote:

"Have we any information on the attackers? Their numbers, or their race?

"Your Ladyship, when Kael and I took Arien's story seriously, three men then tried to kill him. They did confess that they were hired to silence his tale of kidnapping and slavery, by someone named Ankiel. Mine impression was that they were local to the town, so might someone of your standing in the community have heard that name before.

"Master Quintus, canst thou cast a sending to the lass, assuring her of our intent to rescue her? Or would that, too, be more direct effort than thou might dare to muster?"

Brother Seamus,

~Lady Contessa looks at you~ I will do my best to find out more about this Ankiel. It make take a while, but it might be worht the effort.

~Quintus looks at you intently and thinks~ I could try. I would have to prepare the spell. I would get no response. However, the reasurance might make a difference. Since I can only send 25 words at a time, what should I send? I would only be able to send one sending, two at the most before her abductors notice that somting is wrong. After all, they will have figured out that she is an apprentice mage.

Sending can only send 25 words at the most, right?


Yes, 25 words. But she can reply if she wishes


"I have no problem with having additional help. We are going into the unknown and more help couldn't hurt."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 1

I rise, turning and nodding to my new companions. "My thanks for accepting the help of a stranger out of hand. I assure you that you won't regret it."

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation
Aldan wrote:
Yes, 25 words. But she can reply if she wishes

~pulls out my book and reads the description~ Ah. Interesting. Thanks for verifying that!

~Quintus looks around and then sighs~ You were right, Lady Chauntessa. Wallowing in self pity will not help Alyssa out. ~He then looks around~ I will have to get some rest since I have not prepared the spell. Will you be waiting for me to send it or will you be heading out soon?


M Gnome Bard/1st
Quintus wrote:


Will you be waiting for me to send it or will you be heading out soon?

"After some coffee I am afraid, but then we shall be off right away. I suggest you memories multiple sendings good magister. That way, if there is any information that you can relay to us, about your young apprentices whereabouts after you contact her of our coming, you can. Or to warn us of any danger that we may not of but that she can provide to you, such as number of captors ect..."

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Priapus,

~Quintus sighs~ I will do my best. I had best be off to get some sleep. Good luck to you and someone please leve something that would serve as a way to alow me to get in touch with you.

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

~Quintus looks at you all~ What would you suggest that I send to Alyssa?

Come on. Offer up your suggestions. 25 words or less. ~grins~


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

"Avros safe. Describe thy location, fellow prisoners, and captors. We are sending help. Try not to kill the gnome after thou art rescued. Fondest, Quintus."


female human oracle of battle 4

Merian chuckles at Seamus' suggestion, but nods. "Good suggestions - that sort of information would be very useful."


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Hey I resemble that remark."
~Smiles broadly ~
"Seriously though, could I get some coffee?"

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation
Priapus wrote:

"Hey I resemble that remark."

~Smiles broadly ~
"Seriously though, could I get some coffee?"

Priapus,

~Tess smiles and gets up to get you some coffee~ Would anyone else like anything?

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation
Brother Seamus wrote:
"Avros safe. Describe thy location, fellow prisoners, and captors. We are sending help. Try not to kill the gnome after thou art rescued. Fondest, Quintus."

Brother Seamus,

~Quintus almost cracks a smile~ Good suggestion. I must rest. ~He picks up his staff and hobbles out~


Female Human Fighter 1

Idiah says, "How about saying, 'Don't give up. Quintus sending help. Where are you? How many captors and survivors? Try to escape if you can.' It's concise and to the point and should give us enough information."
Idiah is used to abrupt speech and isn't overly concerned with how the girl percieves the message, just that she gets it and tries to get away.

~giving a sideways glance towards Seamus, "Um...your suggestion is good too, though."


Male Human (Varisian) Monk 1

"I appreciate the need for brevity, but are you sure she should try and escape, possibly risking herself before we even arrive? She is only an 'apprentice', is she truly powerful enough to escape unaided?" I glance toward Quintus.

"Oh, and could I try some of that coffee, if it's no trouble."


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

"While the thamauturgist doth rest and prepare himself, and while our hostess makes her most subtle inquiries, we ought stage a scouting foray. Tonight, no torches. Who amongst us can go?"

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation
Valtiro Caspisi wrote:

"I appreciate the need for brevity, but are you sure she should try and escape, possibly risking herself before we even arrive? She is only an 'apprentice', is she truly powerful enough to escape unaided?" I glance toward Quintus.

"Oh, and could I try some of that coffee, if it's no trouble."

Valtiro Caspisi,

~Quintus turns to answer your question~ She only knows 2 cantrips at this time. I wish that she were more advanced. I really do. But we all learn in our own time and russing does not change what is.

Brother Seamus,

Good luck with your scouting mission.

~Quintus exits the room to get some sleep~


Kael looks at priapus with a I'm-not-the-gnome-he's-talking-about look. (and giggles)
giggles

"A scouting mission is a good idea. Is this location somewhere we can get to tonight? Or is it further from the city? If it is further than we should head out in the morning and scout at night when we get there."


M Gnome Bard/1st
Kael wrote:

Kael looks at priapus with a I'm-not-the-gnome-he's-talking-about look. (and giggles)

giggles

"A scouting mission is a good idea. Is this location somewhere we can get to tonight? Or is it further from the city? If it is further than we should head out in the morning and scout at night when we get there."

giggles

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Brother Seamus, Kael, and anyone else going,

~Lady Chauntessa looks at the map~ Lyssa was abducted here... ~points~ That is about 2 to 3 hours out. You might be able to get some clues as to where they went with her. I looked around but was unable to see any. You might notice what I missed.


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

"Off with us, then. If we be not back by morning, mayhap we'll need rescuing ourselves."


M Gnome Bard/1st

"so who all is going? I suggest those who can work well in the dark and who are at least a little stealthy."


female human oracle of battle 4

That is rather thoroughly not Merian. She'll wait for word.

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Ok. So who is joining in on this midnight scouting mission / raid?


M Gnome Bard/1st

~Whistles~

" I guess I could go, but not by myself!"


Kael pushes Brother Seamus forward, THEN, steps in behind him after waiting the required 5 seconds.
Not that it would happen that way, but if we were in a Sgt. Bilko episode...


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

Myself, then, and the gnomes. Following Lady Chauntessa's directions.

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

Kael, Brother Seamus, and Priapus,

~Lady Chauntessa looks at the three of you~ Ok. ~she then hands you a smaller map of the area~ This should help you if you get lost. Be safe. ~the map has the areas that people wer abducted from as shown on it~


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1

Myself, then, and the gnomes. Following Lady Chauntessa's map.


M Gnome Bard/1st

~looks inpatient for his coffee~
"So do we have a plan? and is there anything the others can do while we slip away for our little foray? Maybe hold a fall back position for us?"


female human oracle of battle 4

"If you are concerned about security, then I think you would have to sacrifice silence," Merian replies. "Others of us might accompany you, but not with any guarantees of subtlety. If that would be preferable, however, my sword is at your service."


M Gnome Bard/1st

" I think, what I would prefer, is for the fighter and healer and mage types, to come part of the way... sort of a safe point, where we can rush to, if subtly is lost and direct conflict is required."


Female Human Fighter 1

Idiah nods her agreement.
"My flails are at your service," she tells Chauntessa.
She smiles at Priapus, "And after all, I need to make sure I have an opportunity to pay off that debt I owe you. If you're going to risk your life, I want to be around to help save it."

Cheliax

Male Dungeon Master and Lord of all Creation

I just did some image uploading. I am not done yet, but here are a few you all might want to see. Bear with me, I am still learning the ropes.

Lady Chauntessa

The Map of the Area surrounding Cillamar


Male Underfolk Spell Thief 1
Priapus wrote:
" I think, what I would prefer, is for the fighter and healer and mage types, to come part of the way... sort of a safe point, where we can rush to, if subtly is lost and direct conflict is required."

"Priapus, half-way would still lag an hour behind us, in the wilderlands, with what light as they might see by. They would be a party in danger themselves, rather than a safe haven.

"If they be close enow to affect succor 'pon us, say a hundred yards, then I fear they would be close enough to alert distant foes. If they be far enow that we may prowl for signs and clues, say a quarter-mile or more, then I see not how they might aid us, nor we aid them were they to be set upon.

"Thy strong suit may be not stealth, under which case I well understand thy trepidation. But Kael be as the shadows, and I am like stone itself." So saying, I relax my normal skin coloration, and naturally shift to blend with the color of the wall behind me, octopus-like.

Idiah wrote:
Idiah smiles at Priapus, "If you're going to risk your life, I want to be around to help save it."

"Good lady, the risking of life cometh tomorrow, when we have the results of Quintus' spell, Lady Chauntessa's investigations, and tonight's intelligence. Worry not, peril is an easy lover, embracing all who court her.

"Kael, shall we sally forth? Priapus, doest thou join us?"


M Gnome Bard/1st

"Yes I see the logic in your words, lets get the cat and make our way to whatever fate has in store for us. Mayhaps a dead slaver or two."

*winks and head down the stairs


"Forgive me, as I don't believe I'll be of any use to anyone tonight. I'll need my rest so as to prepare my spells in the morning. As well, stealth is not my strong suit anyway. Should you find anything strange however, I could potentially help deciphering or determining it's meaning." Aldan pauses for a second, nods his head "If that'll be all for tonight, and I'm no longer required, I shall retire to my room for the night."

I'm assuming it's nighttime now..? If not, Aldan will simply not say the last statement, and sit there quietly.

651 to 700 of 1,181 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Assault on Castle Whiterock All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.