Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Curse of the Crimson Throne


Play-by-Post

701 to 750 of 990 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Come on there has to be a weapon my size in here somewhere" Celena thinks to herself as she burrows through the random items half expecting a cleaver to smash into the back of her head any second. Her hand eventually clamped around a familiar sword "Finally"was her initial though Quickly followed by "oh &*(&" As a group of armed none to pleased looking men came bursting in from another door.


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st

Reg rapidly following Keen seeing the scene before him and a foe about to strike the gnome leaps in to intercept trying to get between the pair and strikes out at what looks like the more likely foe of the bloke in a butcher's apron who looks more likely to have been butchering the corpses present in the room.

Axe attack 1d20+3: 7+3 for a total of 10 to hit namely a miss but he does use his move to try and get between him now that he has his new shield to buffer his chain shirt and dex for his AC of 18

Now if only he could master his new weapon but at the moment he's only hoping to survive long enough to remedy that particular problem...

Oh and he isn't yelling a battle cry or anything like that even he doesn't want all of those guards coming down upon them until the others are ready...

"Hope you don't mind but your cleaver wielding friend and me have some unfinished business," Reg quietly mutters as he confronts the butcher.

Sorry I am assuming he can act in the round you have just described if I'm wrong assume this is what he does when he can act


M Human Sorcerer 1

Keen shouts the command phrase for his wand, "ANGEL FARTS", and a dart of energy lances across the room into the guy with the cleaver. Then he charges across the room, claws bared so he can

Magic Missile (1d4+1=5)


Male Aasimar Cloistered Cleric 2

"Sune grant us your favor to smite the evil present!" Bean calls out lending aid to his allies, and the small figure in the room, that seems to be defending herself. casts bless


GM

The ex guard staggers a bit back with the misses blows as Reg gets between him and the gnome on the ground. Bean says a prayer to Sune as the ex guard fails to land a blow on Reg.

New round


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena watches the man run by mild surprise written over her face "Uh sure go ahead." Is all she is able to stutter out as the man goes by and she pulls herself to her feat.

Not sure If Celena has enough actions left to attack the guard after she gets up If she does

Attack

1 d 20 + 4=14 (15 because of bless)

Damage

1 d 6 + 2=7 (8 because of bless)


GM

She does


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st

In the very unlikely event this particular foe is still standing when it comes to Reg's next turn he'll attack with the axe again: 1d20+3+1 (bless): 19+3+1 for a total of 23 to hit doing 1d8+2 damage: 2+2 for 4pts of damage

Reg follows up on the butcher slashing at him with his axe with newfound confidence.

Sigh now if only I could roll higher damage!


GM

Well as Reg went first and got high enough to hit , heh it counted

The man falls after a powerful croup from Reg. Driving him to the floor bleeding


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st

"Well that was unexpected..." Reg mutters before shaking his head.

"Sorry miss, are you alright?" he asks the gnome woman.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Oh uh I'm fine thank you. but if you don't mind me asking who exactly are you lot?"


Male Aasimar Cloistered Cleric 2

"Where are the rest of them?" Bean speaks to Reg and Keen looking around, "There were six earlier, we need to find them."

He then turns to the little lady, "I'm a follower of Sune, we are looking for a friend that fell here earlier today, a dwarven lady, have you seen her?"


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Bean wrote:

"Where are the rest of them?" Bean speaks to Reg and Keen looking around, "There were six earlier, we need to find them."

He then turns to the little lady, "I'm a follower of Sune, we are looking for a friend that fell here earlier today, a dwarven lady, have you seen her?"

"I think thats another one of them, the rest is probably somewhere else in this building," Reg points with his axe.

Turning to the newcomer Reg shrugs,"Oh we were ambushed earlier and lost a friend who we've come back for, hopefully after we've had a word with them regarding the matter, by the way how did you come to be here in such circumstances?" Reg nods back to the gnome woman before returning his attention to the rest of the room.

Reg goes on guard in case the other guards are coming: Perception 1d20+2: 9+2 for a total of 11


Female Gnome Paladin 5
Bean wrote:

"Where are the rest of them?" Bean speaks to Reg and Keen looking around, "There were six earlier, we need to find them."

He then turns to the little lady, "I'm a follower of Sune, we are looking for a friend that fell here earlier today, a dwarven lady, have you seen her?"

Celena's face goes a little pale having suddenly realised who's gear it was piled up with hers "I'm sorry but I think your friend is already dead." She says sadly as she points at the mound of items and the body the two former guards were cutting up.


GM

With the gnomes words the party look upon the sene and see two bodys headless and missing hands. One looks to be a human man, the other could only be the body of a dwarf. Not far away Hands and off cast body parts make a bloody pile, peeking from underneath you see a face you all know all to well.


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
With the gnomes words the party look upon the sene and see two bodys headless and missing hands. One looks to be a human man, the other could only be the body of a dwarf. Not far away Hands and off cast body parts make a bloody pile, peeking from underneath you see a face you all know all to well.

Reg mutters a prayer under his breath as his face grows very grim.

"Once you're ready we need to secure this building afterwards I am going to need to find something to carry her body back to the Red Knights shrine," Reg explains as he focuses on keeping watch trying to keep his fury in check.


M Human Sorcerer 1

Keen's face bleaches white and he goes into a corner and vomits.

"We are supposed to take some of them alive... I am going to have a lot of trouble keeping that pledge." Seeing the bodies once more Keen shudders anew "If only those idiot street vermin knew what the meat they were eating was."

Looking at the gnome "Can we trust her to keep quiet? She wasn't here earlier but she might be with them. Either way we need to move, quickly, they probably heard us."

Seeing no one else in the room Keen carefully looks back out into the hallway and listens.

perception (1d20+3=21)


Female Gnome Paladin 5
Keen wrote:


Looking at the gnome "Can we trust her to keep quiet? She wasn't here earlier but she might be with them. Either way we need to move, quickly, they probably heard us."

Celena's face goes from mild sorrow to annoyance at Keen's words before responding in an annoyed but hushed tone. "If I was in with them why in the world would they have been trying to kill me and more importantly why would I have killed one of them?"


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Celena Ashram wrote:
Keen wrote:


Looking at the gnome "Can we trust her to keep quiet? She wasn't here earlier but she might be with them. Either way we need to move, quickly, they probably heard us."
Celena's face goes from mild sorrow to annoyance at Keen's words before responding in an annoyed but hushed tone. "If I was in with them why in the world would they have been trying to kill me and more importantly why would I have killed one of them?"

"I think there's more important things to deal with than squabbling at the moment, I'm Reg by the way and you are?" Reg mutters from where he is standing keeping his gaze on the exits from this room.


Female Gnome Paladin 5
Reg Darkwintre wrote:


"I think there's more important things to deal with than squabbling at the moment, I'm Reg by the way and you are?" Reg mutters from where he is standing keeping his gaze on the exits from this room.

"Oh yes of course" Celena responds as if just remembering how serious the situation she is in is. "I'm private Celena Ashram of the Korvosa guard." As she responds she retrieves the rest of her gear from the pile being careful not to mishandle any of the items that may have belonged to the Dwarf.

Assuming Celena's shield and javelins were in the pile?


GM

It seems to keen the battle went unnoticed, Celena finishes digging her gear from the pile

Where to now folks?


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Any idea how many of them there are?" Celena asks as she apparently begins to concentrate.

Using detect evil


GM

Celena

Spoiler:
There is evil above you somewhere.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"I think upstairs maybe our best bet I feel something........Sinister coming from up there."


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Celena Ashram wrote:
"I think upstairs maybe our best bet I feel something........Sinister coming from up there."

"Good enough, so which faith did you say you follow?" Reg asks curiously.


Male Aasimar Cloistered Cleric 2

Tell me if you heard this one before: So a Helmite, Hoarite, and Sunite all walk into a butchers shop...


Female Gnome Paladin 5
Reg Darkwintre wrote:
Celena Ashram wrote:
"I think upstairs maybe our best bet I feel something........Sinister coming from up there."
"Good enough, so which faith did you say you follow?" Reg asks curiously.

"The doombringer" Celena replies with more than a little pride in her voice "It was a vision sent by him that brought me here."


GM

Every may use the PRD to rebuild pc's if they like. We shall be converting so you may do it now


GM
Bean wrote:
Tell me if you heard this one before: So a Helmite, Hoarite, and Sunite all walk into a butchers shop...

Heh funny but reg is a paladin of the redknight not Helm


Male Aasimar Cloistered Cleric 2

true, but close enough for a government work.


GM

So up the stairs all? or ya stuffing a gnome in a sack?


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
So up the stairs all? or ya stuffing a gnome in a sack?

I thought Euphengina was a dwarf?


GM
Reg Darkwintre wrote:
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
So up the stairs all? or ya stuffing a gnome in a sack?
I thought Euphengina was a dwarf?

Heh, meant your new found friend there digging though the armor pile arming herself


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
Reg Darkwintre wrote:
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
So up the stairs all? or ya stuffing a gnome in a sack?
I thought Euphengina was a dwarf?
Heh, meant your new found friend there digging though the armor pile arming herself

Nah, we could use an extra set of arms to carry the gear we need to recover to get Euphengina raised!


Yes Mostly Human Geek 12/ Mountain Biker 8

Keen is going to ignore the gnome for now, figuring Reg would let him know if she was seriously bad.

"You guys think upstairs or should we search down here?" and remembering something "We're supposed to keep at least a couple of them alive."


GM

The group seems to come to an accord unspoken and moves toward the stairs.With no light shinning from above Keen calls forth small dancing lights as Reg takes the stairs. He enters into the rooms above. A round table sits in this room, surrounded by four wooden chairs. A stack of cards sits on the tabletop. A cabinet to the southwest hangs open, a tangle of dirty clothes and blankets within. Three thin bedrolls lie rolled up against the north wall. A forth is spread out on the floor with a snoring man inside...light spills out from the door on the far wall.


Female Gnome Paladin 5

"Well looks like we wont have much trouble taking this one alive at least."Celena quietly whispers to the others


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Celena Ashram wrote:
"Well looks like we wont have much trouble taking this one alive at least."Celena quietly whispers to the others

"Depends where the other three are," Reg whispers.

"We need their leader alive mind you even if its just to explain himself after all if he wasn't there this morning he at least deserves that much," Reg quietly adds.
"And if he was... well he still needs to answer for what he's done," Reg very quietly notes to himself.


GM

I'll need stealth checks for anyone who wishes to move across this room


Female Gnome Paladin 5

Celena attempts to move quietly across the room

Stealth

1 d 20 - 1=2

But messes it up horribly


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
I'll need stealth checks for anyone who wishes to move across this room

Reg's Stealth check: 1d20-2 thanks to armour and large wooden shield: 19-2 for a total of 17! Double checked the PRD just to be sure, have to say it is really useful!

Oh unless initiative is involved Reg is beside the sleeping man with his axe ready in case he whirls and shouts so do i make an intimidate check with Reg whispering to him that keeping quiet will quite probably save his life?


Yes Mostly Human Geek 12/ Mountain Biker 8

Keen has his wand of Magic Missile out and readies an action to use his wand if the guy tries to get up.


Male Aasimar Cloistered Cleric 2

Bean is waiting, trusting Reg to not do anything horrible, and watching around for anyone else coming up on them.


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Bean wrote:
Bean is waiting, trusting Reg to not do anything horrible, and watching around for anyone else coming up on them.

Good point does this guy look like one of those we fought this morning like fore xample the guy who goaded on the crowd or one of those who killed Euphengina?


GM

It is one of the guys from this morning. Are you waking him or gonna just leave him?


Yes Mostly Human Geek 12/ Mountain Biker 8

Does Keen see his face from across the room?


GM

With the lights floating around yes his face is easy enough to see


Male Chessentan human Paladin/Rogue 1st/1st
Keeper of Forbidden Lore wrote:
It is one of the guys from this morning. Are you waking him or gonna just leave him?

Knock him out, tie him up maybe dump him in the pile of corpses downstairs tied to his dead friend... anyone care to add suggestions that avoid making lots of noise?


Male Aasimar Cloistered Cleric 2

bean's kind of keen to removing their ability to procreate as a sort of final punishment from Sune (it seems the worse thing a follower of Sune would think of) but he's keeping that to himself for now.

701 to 750 of 990 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.