Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Blood of Dragons


Play-by-Post

201 to 250 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric (Irori)

spot (13+3=16)
"It appears we have hosts within the architecture of this mountain they call Moru."

"Would anyone mind if I checked for magics prior to entry?"

Offhand "I do like the view, however dangerous it may be."

Amelia will look at the runes around the entryway and try to decipher their script (6+1=7). If that does not work she will cast Read Magic to learn of their purpose if she is able.


Amelia

Spoiler:
You cant read the script, although from it's style and layout, you determine that it probably serves as either a welcom message or a warning.


Female Human Cleric (Irori)

Amelia casts Read Magic on the runes and prepares for anything that happens.

Detect Magic is cast on the doorway if everyone else agrees

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

"Why you be needin light", Gronck says to Kimeon has he begins lighting the lantern, "me be seein good wiv no light"

Perception check (8-1=7)


Male Halfling Ranger 2

"That's true, Gronck." Kimeon replies softly, "But the rest of them don't see as well, and we need them to stay with us. The more they can see, the more they can help us."

Kimeon adjusts the hood of his lantern until a soft glow comes over the cavern entrance.

"Amelia, are we safe to enter?"


Amelia

Spoiler:
You detect no magic.


Female Human Cleric (Irori)

"There are no magics at the entryway. The runes indicate either a warning or welcome, can't tell exactly. There are no viable threats at this time."

Amelia will try to remember the runes and have parchment and ink ready for future runes to be copied.
Int check (15+1=16) to recall entry runes at a later time


Male Halfling Ranger 2

"Away we go, then. With this lantern light, Gronck and I see about the same, so we'll go ahead. Don't you guys get too far away behind."

Turning to his big companion, Kimeon grimaces in the chill, damp air.

"Ready, my new friend?"

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Shaggy Hephalump wrote:

...The wind blows a tune of loneliness, dust and desolation as you turn to the entrance and step into the darkness…

These dreary, silent caves are a testament to the Morudhain peoples first and last attempt to settle in Mount Moru. They are all that remains of a half-built mine site, which looks like it had to be abandoned for unknown reasons. The caves still feature the vestiges of what aspired to be a prosperous mine, now reduced to a couple loose timbers, overturned mine wagons and rusted rails.

Other than dirt and wooden scaffoldings, this reduced cave features no more than a couple of rotting wooden stools and an unlit torch attached to the wall; surely a vestige of when the area was inhabited.

The cave entrance slopes slightly downward for about 30'. The 20' wide passage appears to have a small chamber that branches off from the main passage further into the cave.

"Yep, me be ready. Which way be you wantin t go?"

Copied Shaggy's description for ease of reference


Male Halfling Ranger 2

Kimeon examines the ground, leaving the lantern on the floor to creep around. To human eyes, he wanders several paces away from the light, just out of visibility.

When he returns, he says, "There are few signs of recent life here in the cavern mouth, but..."

Survival check1d20+6=11


Jack Ketch wrote:

Jack stretches, draws his starknife and says, "Finally! Now THIS is my sort of place!" He moves out about 15 feet from the party and attempts to slip into the shadows:

Perception: 1d20+3=19
Stealth: 1d20+8=20

The above. I think I got overlooked.


Female Human Cleric (Irori)

Amelia will enter the cavernous mouth and follow the others, using the hooded lanterns light as the light source. She has her torch ready to be removed if needed.

Amelia will look for anything of notice on the walls and floor, caricatures and the like.

"It appears that we are not alone here, be wary" she responds when she notices the stools that appear to be recently used.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Gronck is over by the overturned mine wagon when Amelia issues her warning and he spins around to face her checking the area out.

"Wer, wer, me no be seein no body but us"


Thavian follows the group in. He looks tense, but prepared. A slight spark of electricity rolls across his eyes.


Jack You are definately in the shadows! Sorry!!
You are midway into the tunnel.
Search check DC 15


The passage has the remains of a broken cart track running along the centre of the floor. It stops about 50' into the tunnel.


Kimeon & Gronck

Spoiler:
You both come to a crossroads, where the overturned minewagon rests amid a pile of debris. From here you might continue on this same tunnel, or else turn left or right.
Spot check DC 20


Amelia and Thavian bring up the rear. You both cant help feeling that this might be the last time any of you lay eyes on daylight again...

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Search check (20-1=19)

Shaggy

Spoiler:
Spot check (13-1=12)


Shaggy Hephalump wrote:

Jack You are definately in the shadows! Sorry!!

You are midway into the tunnel.
Search check DC 15

Jack peers about from his hiding place. (He'll be moving half speed from here on out to keep himself hidden and undetected.)

Perception: 1d20+3=14 So close, but...


Female Human Cleric (Irori)

Search (7+1=8), nothing

Amelia will look at the last of the natural light as it fades from view. She will then press on with the rest of the group, she has committed to this and will see it through, no matter the cost.


Male Halfling Ranger 2

Perception check:1d20+5=22

The halfling suddenly drops lower to the ground and tip-toes toward the overturned mining cart. From that cover he peers around on all sides, holding up his fist in the universal symbol to stop following.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Seeing Kimeon crouch down and move stealthily towards the mine cart Gronck steps back against the left hand wall of the tunnel they came down and crouches down, readying his great club as he does so.

He looks back towards the rest of the party to judge where they are before returning his concentration back to the crossroads and Kimeon.


Gronck

Spoiler:
Everything seems ok. There is a faint musky smell that you can't place...

Kimeon

Spoiler:
There is a musky smell coming from the cart. You see tiny pinpricks of red from underneath it as the light from your lamp catches something; possibly eyes.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Everyone

Spoiler:
Just to let you know that I'm visiting family over the holidays with no internet access; I'll be back online on Sunday 28th in the evening. Have a great time doing whatever you do at this time of year!


I too will be a bit busy for the next few days so if everyones ok we will resume on the 28th...


OK, I have returned!! Hope everyone had a good holiday. I will start posting again tomorrow when I am fully rested and have got my stuff in front of me.

Osirion RPG Superstar 2013

Welcome back, all!

Here's hoping you all had a great Christmas and a safe, happy new year celebration.


From where the overturned minecart is, at the centre of a crossroads in the tunnel, you can see the following:-
* Ahead of you to the North, the tunnel seems to carry on for about 50-60' before seeming to open into another chamber.

* To the left the passage runs for 25' and then becomes a T junction, leading North and South.

* To the right the tunnel heads North East before splitting and heading North and East respectively.

Your torchflame seems to gutter and bend in a slight breeze from the entrance cave. The breeze is channeled into the North East passage.


Male Halfling Ranger 2

Kimeon points to the northeast, "The air goes this way", he says. "The other passages have air, but it does not flow to here."

He looks to see what interests the other copanions.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

"Me be okay goin dat way" replies Gronck "dat smell could be comin from down dere an all"


Female Human Cleric (Irori)

To Kimeon:
I feel that going northeast is good and bad, may lead to something we don't wish to see or conflict with. There are too many variables here, we will have to choose. After a few seconds of deliberationNortheast for me then.

To Gronck:
What do you smell? What kind of thing?


Jack calls out softly from the shadows: "I'm on it." He then moves half speed down the NE corridor, keeping to the shadows.

Osirion RPG Superstar 2013

Hidden in the shadows, except to Gronk's eyes, Kimeon makes a face of rolling through the human woman's words before she comes to her conclusion. He then skulks to the northeast passage.

I keep about a thirty foot lead on the party until circumstances change. Passive Perception is 17.

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Gronck watches Kimeon making his face at Amelia and nearly laughs out loud at what he sees. Once Jack and Kimeon move in to the passage he turns to Amelia and almost whispers to her

"Me no be sure wat me be smellin... me no even sure were it be comin from but it be musky..."


Tukonen pulls out his glaive and seems very nervous, "I hope your smell turns out to be nothing good sir".


Kimeon & Jack

Spoiler:
You both progress slowly along the tunnel. As you do, the musky smell recedes behind you. The tunnel slopes gently downward. To your left, a side passage opens up, whilst the main tunnel continues onward before opening into a larger chamber some 40' ahead. From where you are you can just make out a pit in the distant chamber, a flickering torch shedding light from it's sconce in the wall.


Male Halfling Ranger 2

Kimeon presses a single finger up to his lips and waits for Gronk's attention. Pointing toward himself, he sneaks away toward the room. Pointing to Gronk, he then motions toward the passage on the right and gestures toward his eyes. He waits for an acknowledgement from his big friend. Ultimately, he turns and creeps toward the big room to get a good scout.

Stealth roll (1d20+9=26)

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Gronck nod's when Kimeon points at him and then the tunnel. Moving cautiously towards the tunnel he looks down it, ensuring that he can keep an eye on Kimeon and Jack as much as possible.

Stealth roll (18+3=21)
Perception roll (16-1=15)

Shaggy:

Spoiler:
Not sure if darkvision is always active or whether you want me to state if Gronck is using it? Assume that he always uses it if he is looking in to dark areas, if needs be.


Kimeon and Jack

Spoiler:
You both creep stealthly forward into the large chamber. Flickering torchlight illuminates the area. This mine cave has an area of roughly 1,000 square feet.
Its unworked, solid stone walls and floor suggest it was here before the mine; however, there is a well with a masonry rim on the floor.
Closer inspection reveals a line of metal rungs down the pit, allowing a man-sized creature to safely descend to whatever is below. In the far North Eastern corner, beyond the pit you can see two large, pulsating, white worm like creatures. Magots! But og a gaigantic size, close to the length of a full grown mans arm. As you enter they appear not to have senced your presense.


Gronck

Spoiler:
I judge that darkvision is always active Looking along the side passage you see that this tunnel looks even dirtier and more neglected than the others, its beams rotted, greying and filled with cobwebs.


Jack will creep slowly to within 30 feet of the beasts and ready his starknife for the attack.

Attack and damage: 1d20+4=13, 1d4+1+1d6=9

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Having looked up the tunnel and decided that it poses no immediate danger Gronck will move cautiously towards the room that Kimeon and Jack entered.

Stealth roll (12+3=15)


Male Halfling Ranger 2

The halfling stops moving when he notices Jack behind him. As Jack raises the star knive and prepares to strike the larvae, Kimeon whispers "Wait."

When Jack brings the knife down onto the giant worms, Kimeon's eyes drop to the floor for a split second. When he raises his head, his eyes narrow and he produces a small smooth stone. He takes several quick steps forward, taking his companion out of the angle and getting within good range of the rock.

"http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1879223/"&gt;Ranged attack roll (1d20+6=13, 1d4+3=7)

If the rock strikes

Spoiler:
The deft throw strikes one of the larvae and rebounds to strike the hide of the second.

rebound (1d20+4=11, 1d4+3=6)


Just to clarify. Jack's throwing his starknife from thirty feet away, not attacking in melee.

Osirion RPG Superstar 2013

awesome! I don't have Precise Shot!

To be clear, I was definitely going to just scout a few rooms ahead before we engaged anyhting. That way we can all fight. I suppose I should have mentioned that IC when I took point.

But how noisy can two flat-footed larvae be?

Lantern Lodge

Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1

Assuming that he managed to make his way to the entrance to the chamber without making too much noise, Gronck will look in and assess the situation.


Female Human Cleric (Irori)

Amelia will do a spot and listen check

Spoiler:
(both 1+3=4, critical failures)

After she stubs her toe and something gets in her eye while listening by cupping her hand too hard over her ear she tries again

Spoiler:

(spot 20+3=23 and listen 11+3=14)

Osirion RPG Superstar 2013

Hey - we moving on?


Steven T. Helt wrote:
Hey - we moving on?

Jack does the dance of the neglected PCs. He's down to three veils, people and you DON'T want to see where this ends up!

201 to 250 of 312 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Blood of Dragons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.