Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Greyhawk: The Rotting War Campaign


Play-by-Post

1 to 50 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human Expert 7th

Oreth has been mired in dark times.
First the Old One set the drums of war in motion and the embers of the Greyhawk Wars flared to life. It's smoldering flames are out in all but three areas. The Fiend-Lich's orcs in the Pomarj still war with the Dwarves, Elves, and Humans in surrounding lands, and Iuz's forces still skirmish with soldiers of Furyondy's northern border. The once Great Kingdom, fallen to bickering pieces during the Wars,and are now war torn fiefs controlled by undead Hextorians, undead or fiends, who continue to batter away at each other. Monstrous peoples and nations lick their wounds and wait for the next onslaught. Mercenary human nations hire out to both sides and wait for weakness to strike there own blows of conquest. The Scarlet Brotherhood sends their agents and assassins across the south to control the islands, shipping and spice trade to the northern lands.

Goodness is limited to scattered pockets and a few exhuasted nations in the Central Flaness.

Second, the Age of Worms did not come to pass by a narrow margin. Most do not even know how close they came to utter destruction.

Third, the Blood War came to Oreth. Devils took greater control of the Former Great Kingdom, turning people to evil and Devil worship, swelling their ranks. As the years pass, they are entrenching their values among the populaces, which assure them a steady crop of souls. The Demons respond the only way they know how. Widespread Chaos and destruction. Cagewrights try to free their lord Adimarchus and fail, leaving a huge portal hanging above Cauldron from which Carcerian forces stream through to throw all living things into chains and misery. Demogorgon initiates another Savage Tide which small groups of adventurers are, even now, struggling to avert. Finally, the Gnoll Lord Yeenoghu has found the Ghoul's Heart. It is said to be in the possession of a fallen angel, corrupted by it's evil. The lord wishes to accquire this deadly artifact but the reasons are not known. His agents have unified the previously weak demons living in the Demonscar of the Amedio Jungle, and are preparing for war.

The angel, whose name is known to only a few, has joined forces with a corrupt druid known as the Rotton One, and together are slowly turning the famed jungle into a rotted and corrupt version of itself. Scattered beings, races and tribes of the Amedio have joined together in an alliance to keep his 'Terror Forest' from spreading any further.

Greystoke, Fiend-Lich and Lord of the Pomarj has dispatched agents from the Bleak Academy and Horned Society to establish an enclave in the Hellfurnaces to find this Ghoul's Heart and claim it for him. Omicron, a Deathwalker of immense power, is the leader of this cabal but he goes against his lords' wishes an establishes a Necropatria of his own. His ambitions remain unknown save that all living things his agents encounter are brought back to his Necropolis...alive.

Just north of these threats lies the Hold of the Sea Princes. A large land once known for piracy, but of late known for civil war. Keoland in the north threatens to annex the territory if things are not brought back to order. The Scarlet Brotherhood struggles to regain more of the region they fully controlled scant years ago. Inland fiefs, cut off from support from the coast fall to monsters, bandits, and worse, or become fully independent. Free cities fight for promenance on the coast, struggling against pirates and Scarlet Brothers alike.

The territory has become wild from the coast to the mountains. If left unchecked, the horrors from the Hellfurnaces and Amedio will spill forth and wholly destroy the Hold of the Sea Princes before spreading further north.

Heroes are needed...
Remnants of the shattered Company of the Silver Scale, and their draconic patrons rise to fill the gap just north of the Hellfurnaces. The silver dragons, a good and strong family of five, along with copper and bronze dragon friends fight off the hordes as they come north, and work to unify the scattered fiefs to put up a resistance. So far they have created the Silver Scale protectorate of which they are the defacto rulers but whose administration falls to the mortals of the region. Their knights come from the Company of the Silver Scale. Once just the name of an adventuring party, but now grown through the efforts of surviving allies and grateful mortals the company once saved. They are the knights, soldiers, sheriffs, and militia of many SSP towns and hamlets. All wear a badge of office which looks much like a small great sheild in the shape of a dragon scale. They wear navy blue cloaks and come from all races and classes. Still, the people affectionately call them " The Boys in Blue".

The Boys in Blue are constantly looking for new recruits to fight on the frontlines, police the towns, or ride the back roads to bring peace to the interior and more people into the commonwealth of the SSP.

You find yourselves all veterans of your various fields in the croweded square of the free city of Sassarine, listening to a Boy in Blue barker as the crowd ebbs and flows around you.

What do you do?


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

After feeling entirely overwhelmed... ;)

A brawny young half-orc, uncombed, but not unclean, will volunteer in earnest.

DM

Spoiler:
I don't know if my age (15) will be an issue. Also I posted a link to this in the gamer connection thread. I just found it, and I don't know if the others had.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic listens with rapt and growing enthusiasm as the Blue Boy proclaims his announcement. This is just what he has been looking for. Someone must stand up to fight this evil that has fallen across the land. The Dwarven people have always been at the forefront of the battle against evil, and though their numbers are not what they once were, they will stand as strong as ever. He would make Moradin proud.

Jostling his way to the front, he tries to be among the first to volunteer.


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3

Near the rear of the crowd, a short thin man, dressed in dusty yellow robes rubs his shaven head and hitches his pack. He listens with interest to the barker's pitch.


Human

Jeric ponders the scene before him quietly, watching the recruiter with an even gaze. Knowing that he must take a stand in order to take revenge for his family, Jeric steps forward to speak with the barker.

"I am Jeric. A mage of some small skill. Perhaps you would have use for one such as I?" He asks, already knowing the answer.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

There's a stir throught the crowd as a column of men march into the square. First into the area is a group of two dozen arbalesters dressed in heavy studded leather armour and each bearing a large shield on their back.They are led by a single armoured figure bearing a maul.

Then a lone knight on a heavy warhorse behind whom comes a second group of two dozen footmen these armed with Halberds and armoured in chain..again they are led by a maul bearing footman.

At the end of the column a single man in homespun leads a Mule loaded with the knights personal possessions(which don't amount to much)

The column halts with military precision and the lone horseman rides forward towards the man who seems to be in charge of recruiting

"Greetings Sir..I am Basil de Fermer, Knight Batchelor in the service of St Cuthbert.The church sends these men, volunteers every one, to aid in the defence of these lands"

The young mans voice rings out over the square.

"In addition the church sends funds for the upkeep of these men to the amount of 750 gold pieces"

He motions to the unarmoured man who hurries forward with a small coffer.Opening it the knight withdraws a surprisingly small bag.

"Or to be more exact 75 platinum pieces"

He hands the bag to the somewhat surprised recruiting officer lowering his voice to speaking level

"Do be a good chap and see that gets to the proper people would you. and can some one see to my men"


Male Human Expert 7th

You all move up with about a dozen other eager young men and women to the barker who smiles and points to a clerk beside the dias upon which he speaks. You all line up to sign your name on parchement watermarked with the Sassarine coat of arms and what look to be holy symbols of affiliated churches.

Loud noises behind you cause you to turn and see a small contingent of soldiers from Keoland ( I believe) arrive and an imposing young officer announce their aid to the Silver Scale Protectorate by joining the Company of the Silver Scale.

The crowd mutters and jostles to get a better look at the new batch of heroes ready to fight and die in the south. Some shot hurry others congratulate you, some seem to mutter something else...

Make Spot and Listen checks please. Sir Knight, you must take a -4 penalty on your rolls as you are distracted by your conversation with the barker and the lusty eyes from the crowd for your exposed platinum.

Sovereign Court

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

Gladly sir..though the platinum is still in the bag and firmly in my grip. And we are from Furyondy..land of chivalry honour and very very British Knights. The Keolanders as every long time UK Greyhawk player knows are the French

Listen 1d20+0=3, Spot 1d20+0=7

Forsooth it appears that the gods of luck are not with me this time


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Spot and Listen (1d20 3=20, 1d20 3=7)


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3

Spot, listen (1d20+3=16, 1d20+3=13)


Human

Spot & Listen Checks (1d20+1=19, 1d20+1=21)

Wow, a natural 20 on my listen check!


Male Human Expert 7th

I promised house rules and I have decided to relate them to you as they come up. The frist rule is quirks/disadvantages. THis is borrowed from White Wolf RPGs and basically what I would like you to do is to come up with a disadvantage/quirk for your charcter and in return you get an extra feat(usable now)! The disadvantage has to be significant but not completely debilitating. For example, something that hampers an attribute by -1(face scarred from battle = -1 CHA, Stiff Joints = -1 DEX ) or two skills by -2 ( easily distracted = -2 to concentration & spot)could work. Disliking a color or chewing with your mouth open, while good flavor, are not significant enough. Come up with a disadvantage and the feat you would like to have, please.

Belthic, you see a figure moving from a shadow into an upper story window behind the dias and line of people signing up for the SSC. Jeric, you hear a voice faintly through the din say ' Fight and die?! Hahee, they will be dying faster than they think, praise be to the Heart'.

Those of you signing up for the SSC can test your religion knowledge and history knowledge for the coats of arms that appear on the document.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Spot = 10; Listen = 0


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1
Patrick Murphy wrote:
I promised house rules and I have decided to relate them to you as they come up. The frist rule is quirks/disadvantages. THis is borrowed from White Wolf RPGs and basically what I would like you to do is to come up with a disadvantage/quirk for your charcter and in return you get an extra feat(usable now)! The disadvantage has to be significant but not completely debilitating. For example, something that hampers an attribute by -1(face scarred from battle = -1 CHA, Stiff Joints = -1 DEX ) or two skills by -2 ( easily distracted = -2 to concentration & spot)could work. Disliking a color or chewing with your mouth open, while good flavor, are not significant enough. Come up with a disadvantage and the feat you would like to have, please.

These can be found as flaws in Unearthed Arcana and a few of the old Dragon Magazines. I'd rather not have one, but if it's a requirement I'll take:

Vulnerable
You are not good at defending yourself.
Effect: You take a -1 to Armor Class.

In return, I guess I would take Telling Blow from PH2. It lets me deal sneak attack damage any time I score a critical hit. Still, I'd be content with no flaw or bonus feat.


Human

If we use the flaws from Unearthed Arcana, I'd probably take the Noncombatant Flaw (-2 in melee), or the Feeble Flaw (-2 on Str, Dex, and Con checks). In return, I'd probably take something like dodge, or Combat Familiar (from PHB2). Anyhow, on with the game!

Jeric, hearing some disturbing words, glances about, looking for the source, as he hisses to those nearby.
"There is trouble afoot! Be on your guard." He says, as he tightens his grip on his quarterstaff.

I also just made a Discussion Thread for us all, as we didn't have one. It can be found Here.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Sir Basil seems oblivious to the disturbance in the crowd as he ontinues to talk to the barker about who he should speak to regarding the housing of his men

I'll take the flaw..unperceptive..-2 to spot and listen checks and take cleave as my free feat


Male Human Expert 7th

Jeric, several people in the crowd turn to you as you speak your warning, but it appears some misinterpret your intentions. some bravos tense and appear to spring on you, thinking to prove themselves to they Boys in Blue by quelling, to them, what looks like a trouble maker.
What do you do?

The rest of you have moved in to the signing table but, as yet, have not signed.

Consider yourselves five feet from the table and the clerk with a group of men in front of you.

Sir Basil, you are still on the dias with the barker, your men spread out in squads behind you.

Jeric, as some of the men appear to pounce on you, the laughter you heard earlier seem louder. please make another spot check


M half-orc Dungeon Master lvl 18

"I don't have time to waste watching you puff out your chest."

With these men all tensing up, and myself unaware of any real danger, I will try to physically force my way to the front of the table.
In case you need a strength check: 9. Not so good.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

After making arrangements to hand over command of the men to the local forces and ensuring that the money is in reliable hands Sir Basil moves towards the recruiting table and waits patiently until it is clear


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic is quietly amused at the pompous posturing, and one upmanship of the largely human population rushing to sigh up. He guessed that if his life was so short, he might be more impatient as well. Oh well, there will still be a place for a Priest of Moradin to sign up. There always was.

Belthic tries to have a calming effect over any commotion in his immediate area, and patiently waits his turn to sign up for the Boys in Blue.

Knowledge Religion
Knowledge History (1d20 1=4, 1d20 1=3)

Obviously Belthic has never heard of these guys :).


Human

Belatedly realizing that his attempt at subtlety may have backfired, Jeric scans about as he hears the laughter again, mentally preparing a spell as he does so.

Spot Check. (1d20+1=4)

That sucked.

DM:

Spoiler:

Ready Action (cast Mage Armor when threat appears)


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

would it be possible for a Knowledge Nobility roll to give me the information?

if so

Know.Nobility 1d20+3=15,Know.Religion 1d20+3=7

Obviously Basil should have paid more attention in class


Male Human Expert 7th

a host of failure. Now the hammer falls.

The attempts to learn the local human gods and noble coats of arms fail. they just don't look familiar despite elements you have seen in standards from other realms.

Jeric: four guys seem ready to spring on you. All fists and insults. No weapons.

Belthic: ignores the human scuffle and the figure moving on the roof to get closer to the sign up table. Garret: despite your obvious strength, the strapping farmboys you try to muscle through, throw you back a foot to stand next to a dwarf and stare you down, saying Wait your turn half-breed or we'll put your pig nose in the dirt where it belongs!Yeah, another says and knock the bearded tin can too. they stare menancingly at Belthic while cracking their knuckles.

Sir Belthic: The barker is uncomfortable taking the money and seems overwhelmed at the idea of berthing the men you have brought. He says for you to find his CO, Father Merdrivus, in the Sea Spray Inn just behind him.

As everyone prepares to throw down, and the clerk behind the table get up to get out of the way. Jeric, you hear the laughter again, this time in stereo. Three ragged figures throw off their cowls and robes, revealing near skeletal forms. they stand half naked, and imbedded in their chests with tubes and glowing reddish runes are large stone disks with onyx. they scream 'Praise the Heart!' and hit the central stone. A building buzz of power sounds forth from the devices and the men stand, shaking and yelling in ecstacy while their eyes glow green.

These men are spread out around the square, the nearst to you is 15' away, through a crowd of agitated new-recruits.

roll initiative, and tell me what you wish to do.


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3

Initiative (1d20+6=16)
From his position at the rear of the crowd, Thale has been considering the barker's offer. "This could be an opportunity to attract the favorable notice of the local officials." But he worries that such an obligation would conflict with his vows to the temple. Deep in thought he does not notice the gathering menace in the crowd.

As things begin to happen someone in the crowd jostles him, breaking his reverie. Hearing a paniced cry, he looks about to render aid.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Initiative: 11

I risk a glance at the nearby dwarf and say "I believe these men just insulted us. Care to assist me in teaching them a lesson." And then when the other men pull off their hoods, "Now that doesn't make a lick of sense."

For now I'd like to delay, Garret is trying to figure out what's going on.

Sovereign Court

Male variable 12th lvl Dm/5th level fanboy/3rd Lvl Pedant

Initiative 1d20+1=8

Gadzooks...IC really hates me..oh well lets get the smiting started

Basil looks around in confusion until the servants of evil reveal themselves at which point he grins widely unhooks the silver mace at his belt and moves towards the nearest target( the bastard sword is on the horse at the moment)

Meanwhile the sergeants commanding the foot men swing into action and the squads begin what appear to be practiced drills.

The unarmoured servant runs for cover


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic's eyebrows raise in surprise as the situation becomes serious. "What"s this?" he exclaims, his voice rising.

Initiative (1d20=20)
OOC(Great. Never a 20 when you really need it. Belthic was not expecting combat today, so most of the spells he memorized were non combat)

Belthic casts Protection from Evil, and readies his Warhammer.


Human

Initiative Roll. (1d20+2=9)

Thanks to the stress of the moment, Jeric reacts slowly, his mind sluggish at the task of recalling a spell. "Get help!" He calls to the fleeing clerk, knowing that such a thing is unlikely.

Jeric will undertake his previously stated action on his initiative.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

At least you get to go before me Jeric

Consolidated Initiative

Belthic of Shaduum 20
Thale Nyus 16
Garret "Sledge" Whitestone 11
Jeric Darkstar 9
Sir Basil de Fermer 8


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3
Wellard wrote:

Gadzooks...IC really hates me..oh well lets get the smiting started

Not as much as me. I rolled 5 (2+3) for know(arcana) to find out what's on the undead's chest.

The first things to catch Thale's eye are the skeletal figures. Raising his quarterstaff high, he moves toward them, wracking his brain to figure out the devices on their chests.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

I should also point out that Basil is currently AC15 as he is shieldless(it's also on the horse)


Male Human Expert 7th

sorry for the delay

Updated Initiative
Belthic 20
Hooded Figures 18
Thale Nyus 16
Garret Whitestone 11
Thugs: 10
Jeric Darkstar 9
Sir Basil de Fermer

The following unfolds:
Belthic Concentration check for your spell please Two thugs move in closer to you and seem ready to jump you.

Hooded Figures: The devices on their chests continue to whine with an increasing crescendo, forcing more passerby to stop and stare at the strange phenomenon. Some mothers scream and cover the eyes of the children as The Hooded men turn around and shout in ecstascy or breath faster. Their skin now glows a bright green and purple smoke froths from their mouths, eyes and ears.

Thale Nyus: you move your way through the crowd as best you can to get near one of the men with the devices embedded in them. True, you have never seen the like of them before in terms of undead. Howevern as one of The Hooded turn to you as you approach, the wild look in his face you do recognize as you have seen it before, sometimes in the mirror: devotion. Living or dead, The Hooded are fanatics

Garret Delays action as two thugs bear down on him. One swings low, one swings high for the head.

Thugs: Attack the dwarf and half-orc. Their allies and bystanders start to form a ring around them. The Barker looks on from the Dias and calls for Sir Basil to go inside for Father Merdrivus, but finds himself too stunned to move. see discussion page for new rule 2

Jeric: what spell are you casting? Roll Concentration check Rests his quater-staff in the crooks of his elbows to cast a spell.

Sir Basil The Barker Calls to you to find Father Merdrivus as you move off stage and towards the melee with the thugs. None of them notice that you are armed, but your men do, and quickly form into squads to present arms and go into battle stances. This draws some cries of alarm from members of the populace thinking they are about to be attacked by exotic arquebuses.

The punches from the thugs on Garret are easily blocked by the experienced warrior. The thugs attacking the dwarven priest quickly learn how solid and heavy the dwarves in their 'tin can' armor actually are.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Well I was heading for the hooded figures and my men carry Arbalests(thats a very heavy crossbow) not arquebuses and are smart enough not to shoot into a crowd of innocents

Basils voice cuts through the hubbub.."Clear the square Sergeant get these people out of here" He ignores the barker trusting on the sounds of the crowd to bring the priests forth.


Human
Patrick Murphy wrote:


Jeric: what spell are you casting? Roll Concentration check Rests his quarter-staff in the crooks of his elbows to cast a spell.

Jeric is casting Mage Armor.

Concentration. (1d20+6=20)

Jeric has only one hand occupied, so he can cast the spell no problem (you only need one free hand).


Male Human Expert 7th
Sir Basil de Fermer wrote:
Well I was heading for the hooded figures and my men carry Arbalests(thats a very heavy crossbow) not arquebuses and are smart enough not to shoot into a crowd of innocents

Sorry. I had you moving to the nearest Hooded which was by the scribe, Belthic, Garret and thugs. the other two are spread out in the square. You could be giving orders as you move off the dias.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Concentration (1d20 7=10)

(OOC what is the concentration Check for, as I moved before the skeletons they shouldn't have been within Attack of Opportunity range yet. If they were I would have moved away before casting the spell.)

Belthic looks at the strange creatures trying to figure out what they are
Knowledge Religion (1d20 1=18)


M half-orc Dungeon Master lvl 18

I'd like to jump in now.

Garret drops a quick shoulder roll to get behind the thugs, and comes up swinging.

Tumble= 16; Unarmed Strike = 5 or 7 if Belthic is giving me the flank, but I guess I miss anyway. And if the thugs are armed I provoke, but I didn't see anything about weapons.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

If I can close with the hooded on the first round I swing at it

attack 1d20+6=19

damage 1d8+1=6

if I can't close treat those as my rolls for round 2


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3
Patrick Murphy wrote:


Hooded Figures: The devices on their chests continue to whine with an increasing crescendo, forcing more passerby to stop and stare at the strange phenomenon. Some mothers scream and cover the eyes of the children as The Hooded men turn around and shout in ecstascy or breath faster. Their skin now glows a bright green and purple smoke froths from their mouths, eyes and ears.

Thale Nyus: you move your way through the crowd as best you can to get near one of the men with the devices embedded in them. True, you have never seen the like of them before in terms of undead. Howevern as one of The Hooded turn to you as you approach, the wild look in his face you do recognize as you have seen it before, sometimes in the mirror: devotion. Living or dead, The Hooded are fanatics

"I don't know exactly what's happening, but this isn't good." Thale thinks. He shouts out to the crowd around the (formerly) Hooded Figures, "Stand back from them, stand back!" As long as the hooded ones remain in place, Thale will try to get between one and the crowd and herd people away.


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3

DM, Patrick, sir, just to double check. "Skeletal figures" means really skinny live guys right. Or are we looking at undead here?


Male Human Expert 7th

Thale Think starving men in terms of 'skeletal'.. The flesh seems to be intact from what you can tell. And the one smiling full-teethed at you is breahing hard.

more later


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3
Patrick Murphy wrote:
Thale Think starving men in terms of 'skeletal'..

Good, Thale stays with his plan to get the bystanders out of the way.


Male Human Expert 7th

parent-teacher meetings delayed this post. sorry

Before the second round:
Belthic your spell goes off despite the thugs trying to attack you. The Hooded near you is gaining the color of some types of corporal undead you have read about but do not seem undead to you.

thale you face off from a Hooded who smiles wide and breathes sharply through his teeth. His eyes now glow green as he stares at you. A crowd of spectators has formed a ring around you at a distace of 10 feet.

Garret the roll is executd perfectly by puts you out of range for an attack. The thugs facing you start to turn around.

Jecric your spell goes off, no problem. You are currently about mid-way between a human traveller and the growing human ring about him and a Hooded, and from the tussle with a group of men in front of the registry table.

Sir Basil you stride forward, weapon in hand, off the dias towards The Hooded as the Blue Boy Barker pleads with you to find Father Mendrivus.

Round 2 actions please. same initiative.


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3
Patrick Murphy wrote:


Round 2 actions please. same initiative.

This may be a topic for the discussion thread, but how strictly do you want us to post in order? Since the Hooded go before me I'll wait to post until after them, but may not be able to post until tonight. I usually like to post when I can, with a couple of options depending on what happens in-game before my initiative comes up. The following is for flavor only.

Still shouting in his hoarse voice for the crowd to clear out, Thale swings his quarterstaff around in a wide arc about him to further encourage them. They've got to get back. Perhaps some real swinging will get them to move. He drops into a ready crouch, preparing for combat against the Hooded. Although he can't tell exactly what they are, Thale is convinced the hooded are some kind of magic suicide bomber, or summoning circle. Whatever, protecting bystanders is Job One. Since they won't move fast enough, time for more active measures.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic, not knowing what these things are decides to see if the power of Moradin can force them to withdraw. He moves to a non threatened position and presents his holy symbol.

"Back servants of Evil" he commands.

Turn Attempt (1d20 1=18)
Up to 5 HD.

# Hit dice turned (2d6 4=11)


Male Human Expert 7th

This may be a topic for the discussion thread, but how strictly do you want us to post in order?

Post when you can. I am trying to give people a heads up/recap of what happens each round so you have a general idea of wha each person is doing. I am hoping this will give you the general intent of your opponents without revealing everything. Plus, it is closer to the decision-making process people use in real life IMO. We often do not hav the luxury of waiting to see exactly what the otherside will do. But,if you don't like that, then wait . The problem I see with that though, is it may drag combat/encounters out more tha necessary. I guess we will see.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC
Sir Basil de Fermer wrote:

If I can close with the hooded on the first round I swing at it

attack 1d20+6=19

damage 1d8+1=6

if I can't close treat those as my rolls for round 2

As stated those are my round two actions


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3

Keeping an eye on his hooded opponent, Thale shrugs off his pack and readies himself for combat.

Since getting out of the pack doesn't leave me enough actions to move and attack, I'll ready an action to whack the Hooded one if he closes. Otherwise I'll have to make my attack next round.

Thale's readied attack results if needed:


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1
Patrick Murphy wrote:
Garret the roll is executd perfectly by puts you out of range for an attack. The thugs facing you start to turn around.

I guess I tumbled too far?

I'll close with the thugs and keep swinging.

I'll draw a weapon only if the thugs do first. And should I roll another attack or do you want to use the last one?

1 to 50 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Greyhawk: The Rotting War Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.