Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Greyhawk: The Rotting War Campaign


Play-by-Post

51 to 100 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human Expert 7th
Garret 'Sledge' Whitestone wrote:
Patrick Murphy wrote:
Garret the roll is executd perfectly by puts you out of range for an attack. The thugs facing you start to turn around.

I guess I tumbled too far?

I'll close with the thugs and keep swinging.

I'll draw a weapon only if the thugs do first. And should I roll another attack or do you want to use the last one?

another attack roll please .the tumbling too far was more story than game mechanic. You are still in an adjacent square to your foes.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Unarmed Strike Attack Roll = 20
Unarmed Damage = 6 points of nonlethal


Male Human Expert 7th

Summary round 2:
Sir Basil Strides forward through the crowd to the Hooded near the registration table. He hits the Hood full in the face with his mace. It goes down and looks up at him, still screaming praises to The Heart, through the blood of a broken nose and teeth.

Thale shout from the crowd to back away which only draws their attention more. The Hooded, seeing a crowd around him and Thale, moves slowly towards Thale arms open wide, chestplate howling.

Belthic golden light come from your holy symbol, washing the Hooded in illumination. It does not seem to like it, but it is not turned. The thugs however, ar intimidated by the display of power and stop trying to fight with you.

Jeric Mage Armor is cast.

Garret Hauls off and decks one of the men attacking him, sending him to the ground, out cold.

Thugs seem to know they face more than just a dwarf and half-orc and try to back off. The Hooded, smiles on their faces...explode.

Purple and black gas rushes out in large clouds across the square from the three Hooded that were in the square.

People shout and scream in fear and confusion. Then the gas enters the lungs, and the hacking begins.

Please make fortitude saves people


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3

Fortitude Save: (1d20+5=11) I'll presume that fails.

As Thale steels himself to step in and attack the Hooded, the man explodes. Bits of flesh spatter Thale, and smoke enters his lungs with his next breath. He begins a spasm of coughing.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic takes a closer look at these monstrosities. Maybe they are not undead...Suddenly he wishes he hadn't looked closer.

fortitude Save (1d20 4=11)

OOC: If this is vs. Poison, spells, or spell like effects roll is 13 instead.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Turning towards the hooded figures, "Somebody really needs to do something about..." Splat!! "...that."

Fort Save = 14

I'd also like to try a Knowledge: local check =10


Male Human Expert 7th

Thale ad Belthic Black oily smoke, cold as ice enters your lungs and you feel the life in the core of your body draining away. You would scream if you had the air, for the process is agonizing. 4 CON damage and save vs Fear (see house rule two in discussion thread).

Garret You hack and wheeze and fight through the pain, your spirit holding the cold smoke at bay. People are wheezing and falling around you. The thugs that just attacked you and Belthic are on the ground clutching at their throats and chests.
you knowledge check shows the Hooded men to be foreigners, maybe Baklunish ethnic group. The thugs are farmboys; country hicks with something to prove.(Geogrpahy check may help) Please make a save vs. Fear.

Jeric MIA. As this is important juncture I do not wish to play his character. But, if any character is missing for too long (what would be a fair number of days?), I think it fair that we play him as best we can, to move the story along.

Sir Basil stands in a group of hacking and wheezing people, Garret and Belthic included (though Garret made the save); waiting on Belthic's fortitude save


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3
Patrick Murphy wrote:

Thale ad Belthic Black oily smoke, cold as ice enters your lungs and you feel the life in the core of your body draining away. You would scream if you had the air, for the process is agonizing. 4 CON damage and save vs Fear (see house rule two in discussion thread).

Fear Save (1d20+2=6)

Thale gasps and heaves, fighting for breath. Unable to get air, he begins to thrash and claw at his throat.

Patrick, what are the "shaken " effects?

I'll roll Jeric's saves just to keep things moving. I don't think PsiFox will mind.
Gas save, fear save if required. (1d20+1, 1d20+3=[16, 1], [6, 3]) Looks like he may have beaten the gas save; if so the fear save isn't required?


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

As Belthic gasps in surprise, he inhales some of the awful gas. He feels weakened and unsteady on his feet.

vs. Fear (1d20 1=3)

He then steadies himself, and screams like a little girl.

OOC: Not sure I like the fear rules. Isn't that what Will saves are for? We're supposed to be adventurers not normal citizens. Also the amount of ability points we had to create the characters really doesn't allow anyone but Mages, and some Rogues to have any points to spend on Intelligence. Does this mean only wizards and thieves aren't scared. Maybe have the ability to base the fear save on some other attribute, even as a feat since people overcome fear in different ways; Will, Knowledge, force of personality and confidence. Just food for thought I can live with it the way it is.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

vs. fear = 21

Garret may not understand what's going on, but at least he's not afraid.


Male Human Expert 7th

Summary Round 3

Thale and Belthic suffered CON damage and are shaken from the ordeal (-2 all rolls for the duration of the encounter according to Rules Compendium p. 53)

Jeric and Garret Fine but alarmed. Not scared per se, but not enjoying the spectacle.

Sir Basil still waiting.

The square is in a state of chaos. People lie retching and cluthcing at their clothes and bodies, fighting for air. Some look to already be dead. Belthc's soldiers suffered the same as others in the square. The smoke is starting to clear and you can make out shadows of people crawling, rolling, and staggering around you.

what do you do?

Belthic explaination of my fear rule is on the discussion page.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic smashes at the evil humanoids with his warhammer.

Warhammer attack (1d20 3=4)

And accidentally throws his warhammer across the courtyard, screaming and running away.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Fort. Save 1d20+6=18

"THOSE WHO CAN RUN FOR YOUR LIVES" shouts the knight


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3
Patrick Murphy wrote:

Summary Round 3

Thale and Belthic suffered CON damage and are shaken from the ordeal (-2 all rolls for the duration of the encounter according to Rules Compendium p. 53)

The square is in a state of chaos. People lie retching and cluthcing at their clothes and bodies, fighting for air. Some look to already be dead. Belthc's soldiers suffered the same as others in the square. The smoke is starting to clear and you can make out shadows of people crawling, rolling, and staggering around you.

what do you do?

Patrick, are there any foes still standing? A couple posts back you wrote "The Hooded, still smiling ... explode." Or something like that. I've been assuming the fear is due to choking on the gas and the Hooded are in little non-threatening pieces. Others of us are still swinging.

If no foes remain:

Spoiler:
Thale steels himself to ignore the desparate need for air. He starts a chant invoking Pelor's healing power. Try spending mending to cast cure minor wounds (the 1hp healing orison. ) Hopefully that provides a little relief. If it works, he'll try healing as many as possible in subsequent rounds.

If foes remain:

Spoiler:
Trying to ignore the desparate need for air, Thale charges the nearest Hooded and attacks. But the tears from the smoke blur his vision. He swing goes wide.

Thale's "if foes still here" attack role. (1d20+3, 1d6+1=[4, 3], [2, 1]) .[/ooc]


Male Human Expert 7th

There are no foes standing. There are no evil humanoids. The Hooded have indeed exploded after getting your attention and that of the people in the square. Dozens are hurt, some are dead. The gas is wracking havoc with their systems. Belthic, you may wish to reconsider your last action based on this information.

The smoke, though thick, loses some of it's potency. Amid the crying and hacking of the crowd, you hear the voice of Sir Basil call for people to flee if they can. His surviving men, used to his leadership, move towards him.


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3

Desperate for air, Thale focusses on Pelor, beginning a chant to invoke his healing power. spend mending to cast cure minor (or whatever the 1 hp cure orison is called) on himself. If it helps Thale will spend all his spells easing the breathing of others. If it doesn't I guess he coughs and wretches some more while trying to help the injured and still casts all his spells healing the injured.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic, once he overcomes his fear, and realizes that the evil figures are gone quickly settles down. First he retrieves his Warhammer, then immediately looks around to see if he can assist anyone, using his healing abilities to help those less fortunate.


Male Human Expert 7th

Thale and Belthic go around their immediate area giving magical relief from the violent effects of the poison. Most people were hit pretty hard. Those lucid enough to recognize the power of priest try to call out or crawl after them. Each of you have a small gathering of folks eager for healing and protection after a minute or so.

I am under the impression you both wish to use your spells healing, yes? If not, please clarify how many spells you wish to give to the populace, and yes, this selfless act will increase xp awards if you were wondering.

Just then, a sea of wretching and coughing wracks the square. The second surge of the poison hits those afflicted. People flail out of the arms of loved ones and fall to the ground. Others tear at the clothes of those still standing. A collective groan wafts up from the square as many succumb to the second virulent thrust of the magical poison. All those affected by the poison must make a second Fort save vs. the secondary damage. Those of you not helping with the wounded can make spot checks or do other actions.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic would certainly use all his spells to help the wounded, starting with the most seriously affected.

Fortitude Save (1d20 4=14)

Not sure if my +2 vs. poison, or my +2 from Protection from evil or the -2 from shaken is in effect so I'll just post the results.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Garret starts mumbling to himself as he takes in the chaos around him. "What's the point? Die to kill a handful of townsfolk. It must be a distraction." Then he moves over to the dais to gain a better view of his surroundings (and hopes to get above the smoke).

Spot = 18


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil stands in shock as more people die around him...only brought out of it when his surviving sergeant asks him what he should do.

"Do Sergeant..what do we do? We help these poor unfortunates thats what we do. Organise the men who are still fully fit to get the living but fallen over to the temples..."

This is a new way of war for the young knight...there is no honour in it..no just fight merely the slaughter of innocents..Men women and babes killed just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He turns and sees the recruiting table still standing. Walking over to it he inscribes his name on the rolls. Then he turns to help with the afflicted.


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3

2nd Fort Save (1d20+5=9) Can anyone recommend someplace other than invisible castle to roll?

As Thale moves through the crowd healing and helping the wounded, a second wave of nausea, coughing, and wretching knocks him to his knees.
4 more con dam ?

Calling on Pelor the Shining, he struggles back to his feet to continue to care for the suffering.

spend all spells to heal what he can. He'll try to save his last cure light for a serious case. After he's out of spells it's mundane heal checks for him.

random heal checks (1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=9, 1d20+4=8, 1d20+4=5, 1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=24, 1d20+4=9, 1d20+4=19, 1d20+4=21, 1d20+4=12)


Male Human Expert 7th

Mere minutes have passed since the arrival of The Hooded. The square is a ruin. Dozens lie dead and three score more are weakened, sick, or injured. The purple-black smoke is nearly gone, revealing the carnage.

Belthic you cough the last of the poison out of your lungs but lament when some of those you tried to help shudder and die around you.

Jeric MIA
Mere feet away, Sir Basil strides by you to write his name on the scroll next to the body of the scribe sprawled across the table. Sir Basil still commands about twenty soldiers which begin following his orders of gathering weakened troops and the living but they find out that they are a bit away from the temples. These troops are organized under his command by Sargeant Brighton (War3) They bring comrades and civilians to your position.

Thale the poison wracks your body and those hopeful survivors around you watch in helpless horror as blood comes from your mouth and eyes. 1 Con damage this time, not 4

Garret you pass the knight from Furyondy on your way to the dias and step over the body of the barker as you climb the stairs. The whole things seems like a distraction to you but you can't think of what they might want to accomplish by sacri-wait. There. You spot a bloody hand sliding down the window of the second story of Sea Nymph Inn.
You remember that the barker was pleading for the knight to go into that inn and get Father Mendrivus when The Hooded arrived. Could that be him?

Out of the corner of your eye, you see the barker slowly sit up.

Groans sweep the square as everywhere, corpse open their eyes, draw breath, and get up.


Male Human Expert 7th

Thale, I use this for my rolls sometimes. Give it a try.


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3
Patrick Murphy wrote:
Thale, I use this for my rolls sometimes. Give it a try.

Holy Shiite. The dead walk.

I'm down 5 con. Is this considered the same encounter? (Am I still shaken? ) And thanks. I'll try your roller.


Male Human Expert 7th
Thale Nyus wrote:
Patrick Murphy wrote:
Thale, I use this for my rolls sometimes. Give it a try.

Holy Shiite. The dead walk.

I'm down 5 con. Is this considered the same encounter? (Am I still shaken? ) And thanks. I'll try your roller.

New encounter/running encounter. I.E. no longer shaken, but a new fear roll will be coming up. Also any spells cast previously are still running if they have durations of 3 minutes or more.


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3
Patrick Murphy wrote:

Mere minutes have passed since the arrival of The Hooded. Thale the poison wracks your body and those hopeful survivors around you watch in helpless horror as blood comes from your mouth and eyes. 1 Con damage this time, not 4

Groans sweep the square as everywhere, corpse open their eyes, draw breath, and get up.

Thale rubs his eyes to clear them, then shakes his head in disbelief. A woman he had passed over because he thought -- no, he knew -- she was dead starts to stand. Still coughing, the monk-priest retreives his staff and grips his golden image of Pelor.

New initiative? Draw breath? Really? or is it just fluff?


Male Human Expert 7th

Every living thing takes moment to overcome the shock of the event. The dead rise up, their eyes glowing green, their veins bright purple beneath still cooling skin. Their dead eyes turn everywhere to the living; friends, family, neighours, strangers...you. They all awkwardly stretch out their arms towards the living, groaning, pleading even, as if for something to eat.

roll initiative state your actions.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Initiative (1d20=1)
Hmm... what a surprise!

Belthic knew these were undead, so he presents his holy symbol...By the power of Moradin...Begone!

1d20 1=20 Turning check

HD affected by turning check. (2d6 4=12)


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Initiative = 22

I draw my falchion and point towards the inn with it. "Hey Basil, take a look at the second floor window of the inn. See the blood? My money says the mess here was just a diversion."

I then ready to attack the first corpse that comes within range (or if already within range I attack).

Readied attack = 11


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3

Holding high his golden disc of Pelor, Thale sprints to the center of a group of undead and calls upon Pelor to smite them. He'll try to use the Sun domain super turning feature, any undead he would normally turn are destroyed.

Initiative, fear roll, and turning check in that order. (1d20=14, 1d20=8, 1d20=13)

Turning effect roll 2d6+1=9

Initiative +6 = 20, Fear check +1 = 9 Turning check (13-10)/3 = 1 HD creatures can be affected and up to 9 1 HD creatures die the true death. If fear check fails, turning doesn't work at all. (I'll bet these are 2 or more HD zombies and I can't turn them anyway.)

Oh well it would have been cool. Now its going to be ugly.


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Whoops! forgot the fear check.

Fear (1d20+2=17)

Hmmm... Might have nutted up this time.

By the way I turn up to 6-HD creatures with that turn, and total of 12 HD.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

Is there a fear check yet? If so...
Save = 10
I guess I'm shaken.


Human

Sorry for being out of commission, I haven't been well.

Jeric, having stood horrified as the 'hoods' exploded, and then people began to die. When they arose, however, he knew that the time for secrecy was past - he had to act.

Init. (1d20+2=13)

Summoning his darker powers, a dark blue glow, edged with a black that seems to absorb the light, suffuses his free hand, and a blast of incredible power flies from his fingertips.

Eldritch Blast. (1d20+2=15)
Damage (1d6=2)

Jeric is blasting the nearest target, if they are within 30 ft., he gets a +1 on the attack roll, otherwise, he scores a 15 to beat the AC.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Sledge..did you remember the +4 to will saves from standing within 10 feet of a Paladin..see we do come in useful sometimes

Basil strides to his horse as the dead rise pulling his bastard sword from the scabbard(drop mace as a free action) and turning to meet the closest undead(probably the scribe)

(btw the horses fort saves vs the gas were 23 and 26(dont you love a +7 save)


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1
Sir Basil de Fermer wrote:
Sledge..did you remember the +4 to will saves from standing within 10 feet of a Paladin..see we do come in useful sometimes

DM...

Does it count?


Male Human Expert 7th

yeah, it counts as a bonus, but for my fear mechanic, it is not a will save, k?

The Walking Dead get up, necrotic alacrity moving them into the living with ravenous hunger.

Initiative and Actions:
Garret 22: Attacks a zombie, sword cleaving into the body even as it tries to reach for you, gnashing it's teeth.

Thale 20: Your golden light makes zombies squint, but none back down, some seem to pay more attention to you and you find that, though they are not close, you are surrounded.

Walking Dead 20: Move into postion to attack living foes. they are grasping and biting. Some have already grappled with victims who fight off their former friends' improved grappling ability. ;), at the beginning of the next round, each of you will have at least one foe within attacking range.

Jeric 13: Your magical blast hits the corpse of a woman in the cheek, blasting the flesh away, she turns to you and hisses. You can see bloody-black teeth through the hole you opened up.

Commoners flail, fight and run depending. Some are already food.

Sir Basil you get your weapon and notice he former scribe and one of the thugs move towards you and your horse. You hear your sargeant call out to troops to form ranks. Civilians cower behind them.

Commoners: 10

Belthic 1: Former Blue-Boy aspirants crowd around you and you release the power of your god. Six of them fall back and move towards other prey. Two other Walking Dead notice the light and move towards you.

Bloody Chaos has erupte around you...again.
Actions for round 2 please. Remember, there will be at least one enemy within 5' of you at the beginning of this round. The commoners are suffering all over the square, others have managed to run or go into buildings. Garret being a native, you do have some local knowledge of this town and I will give you some info tomorrow when I get time.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

I hit with an 11? I wish I had Power Attack.
Damage = 9

I keep working on the corpse.

Attack = 20
Damage = 12

If the corpse drops, I'll move to a flanking position with the knight.


Male Human Expert 7th

I gave you an advantage of height over the rising barker, that did it. You plunge your weapon through the chest of the thing, destroy the heart and ribs, but still it tries to get up. I shall put the results of your second in the summary later.


Male Human Monk 1 -- Cleric of Nethys 3
Patrick Murphy wrote:


Initiative and Actions:
...
Thale 20: Your golden light makes zombies squint, but none back down, some seem to pay more attention to you and you find that, though they are not close, you are surrounded.

Walking Dead 20: Move into postion to attack living foes. they are grasping and biting. Some have already grappled with victims who fight off their former friends' improved grappling ability. ;), at the beginning of the next round, each of you will have at least one foe within attacking range.
...

Surrounded, as I should be. It's what I asked for. Patrick, this is really embarassing, but I may have forgotten to roll hit points, or I may have accidentally editted them off my profile. Anyway, I couldn't find them this morning. Rolled a new batch (17), but if I gave you a number previously, just let me know and I'll use that. The Con loss hit me hard. I'm down to 8 hp currently.

Thale rejoices as the god's power starts to flow through him, but its only a trickle, not the rushing stream he'd hoped for. "Where the light does not reach, human hearts and hands must work." He lets the disc fall back to his chest and begins swinging his quarterstaff in time to a rythmic, wordless, chant.

Step toward the thinnest part of the ring of undead, hoping to break through next turn. Attack with quarterstaff.

To hit:
Roll(1d20)+3:
17,+3
Total:20

Damage:

Roll(1d6)+1:
6,+1
Total:7

I like your roller, Patrick.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil steps up to the Scribe his face set like stone against the agony he feels in his heart...these people have been violated twice..once in the manner of their death and again in their being forced to become these unholy creatures.All he can do is send them to their just rest

He swings two handed at the thing that was the Scribe.

to hit 1d20+7=24, to damage 1d10+3=7(1.5 x STR bonus for using weapon 2 handed)


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic roars in fury and attacks the leering figure with his Warhammer.

Attack roll (1d20 5=7)

No need to roll for damage.


Male Human Expert 7th

Second Round Summary

Garret: 12 Damage; pull the sword off and take off the top of the barker’s head.

Thale: damage; move to the edge of the zombie ring. Other people are fighting off undead. some around you have succumbed to bites to the face, hands, and neck. Two, a former dwarf and female human flower seller (still has her basket of flowers) assail you. You hit the woman in the eye and the end of your staff goes through it, but not quite through the skull. The weapon is lodged as the dwarf zombie attempts to grapple you . miss

Sir Basil: Your sword cuts into the collar bone and chest of the scribe who still tries to claw at you despite the gory wound.

Belthic: Your power from Moradin moves off the zombies around you and some other survivors. Two zombies remain unturned. One that was a thug coming for you while another that was a child going for Sir Basil from the flank. You attempt to hit the zombie thug, but fail to damage it.


Male Human Expert 7th

edit. thale does hit, Belthic missed. The zombie dwarf tried to grapple but failed. No AoO, they have an 'improved' ability to grapple people remember.


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

As I move to flank with the knight I speak "So what's the plan, Basil? I'm all for protecting the populace, but whoever did this had bigger plans at the inn."

Attack roll = 14 already added the flank

Damage = 14


Male Dwarf Cleric of Moradin / 3

Belthic swings his warhammer once again at the quick zombie

OOC:(Hmm thought that was an oxymoron ;).

Warhammer Swing (1d20 5=20)

Bludgeoning Damage (1d8 1=2)

Knew there would have to be a 1 somewhere

He then drops his warhammer and draws his Dwarven Waraxe. Obviously something is broken in his hammer.


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

Basil looks at the Half orc..."We deal with these and then we head for the inn".

His sword licks out towards another zombie cutting deeply

1d20+7=25, 1d10+3=8


Male Half-Orc Rogue 1

"If you say so. It just feels like we're stomping mice in the kitchen, while the rat in the larder goes unchecked."


Male Human Paladin of Iomedae1 (Warrior of the Shining Light) FC

"Aye ..perhaps you speak the truth off it..let us make our way there we can deal with anything that comes at us I think"

51 to 100 of 342 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Greyhawk: The Rotting War Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.