Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dorak's Red Hand of Doom PbP


Play-by-Post

501 to 550 of 818 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Druid (Bear Shaman)

Having gotten up with the sunrise, Augrok nods politely to the druid, Ur having roused from his rising as well. With the morning, his plans thus far are to get something to eat, and find the group, to see what they have learned is going on, and whether or not they were going to try to do something about it. Mindful of the tranquility of the grove, Augrok does not speak, but instead approaches Kin Lur to see if he is awake, and ready to go. Squinting as he glanced up at the sky, he knew the dry heat of the season would return, and he for one would rather move in the evenings. Still, it was morning, and there were things to be done.


Augrok Manyteeth wrote:
Having gotten up with the sunrise, Augrok nods politely to the druid, Ur having roused from his rising as well. With the morning, his plans thus far are to get something to eat, and find the group, to see what they have learned is going on, and whether or not they were going to try to do something about it. Mindful of the tranquility of the grove, Augrok does not speak, but instead approaches Kin Lur to see if he is awake, and ready to go. Squinting as he glanced up at the sky, he knew the dry heat of the season would return, and he for one would rather move in the evenings. Still, it was morning, and there were things to be done.

Augrok finds Kin Lur in his tree-nest, relaxing, but he's obviously awake and watching as the druid approaches. Fourthea lays at the base of the tree. When he sees the half-orc coming, he climbs down and starts to put Fourthea's gear on before slipping on his own pack. Once he's ready, he turns to Augrok - "It's going to be a hot one again, isn't it? Best to get moving before the sun's too high, eh?"


Male Dwarf Monk (4)
Mijanor Firehammer wrote:
Ergrin Stonefist wrote:


"Taking out a few patrols will warn them that they are being hunted. Is there a way too do that without tipping them off? To make them thing the patrols have left of their own accord? Perhaps some subterfuge?"
Mijanor shrugs, "Not much of the skulkin around type. Prefer to hit 'em 'ard and alot but ifin ye can pull it off I'll get chur back."

"To do that, we'll need to travel fast and know where we're going. If we are going to take out more than one patrol before they have a chance to know we're coming, then we'll need horses and eyes in the sky. You don't suppose that Augrok can talk to birds, do you? I've heard that his type can."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6
Ergrin Stonefist wrote:
Mijanor Firehammer wrote:
Ergrin Stonefist wrote:


"Taking out a few patrols will warn them that they are being hunted. Is there a way too do that without tipping them off? To make them thing the patrols have left of their own accord? Perhaps some subterfuge?"
Mijanor shrugs, "Not much of the skulkin around type. Prefer to hit 'em 'ard and alot but ifin ye can pull it off I'll get chur back."
"To do that, we'll need to travel fast and know where we're going. If we are going to take out more than one patrol before they have a chance to know we're coming, then we'll need horses and eyes in the sky. You don't suppose that Augrok can talk to birds, do you? I've heard that his type can."

Mijanor snorts, "I'm not needin any animal to be carryin me around so I can fall off and be breakin my neck. If'n ya ask me that poor half-breed be a lil too close to 'is animals if'n ya know what I mean but aye 'e might be able to get some birds on our side." Mijanor sighs, "I like 'im but 'e always be remindin me o why we be needin to get rid o the gobbo's ever chance we be gettin."


Male Dwarf Monk (4)
Mijanor Firehammer wrote:
Ergrin Stonefist wrote:
Mijanor Firehammer wrote:
Ergrin Stonefist wrote:


"Taking out a few patrols will warn them that they are being hunted. Is there a way too do that without tipping them off? To make them thing the patrols have left of their own accord? Perhaps some subterfuge?"
Mijanor shrugs, "Not much of the skulkin around type. Prefer to hit 'em 'ard and alot but ifin ye can pull it off I'll get chur back."
"To do that, we'll need to travel fast and know where we're going. If we are going to take out more than one patrol before they have a chance to know we're coming, then we'll need horses and eyes in the sky. You don't suppose that Augrok can talk to birds, do you? I've heard that his type can."
Mijanor snorts, "I'm not needin any animal to be carryin me around so I can fall off and be breakin my neck. If'n ya ask me that poor half-breed be a lil too close to 'is animals if'n ya know what I mean but aye 'e might be able to get some birds on our side." Mijanor sighs, "I like 'im but 'e always be remindin me o why we be needin to get rid o the gobbo's ever chance we be gettin."

Ergrin remains silent for a moment uncertain of how to respond.

"Well, I'm not seein' as how we'd be blinding the fort without speed of movement. Fer a small number of warriors tuh take on a larger group will be requirin' being where we are not and not being where we are," says Ergrin thoughtfully. "And then, when they look for us where we are not being, we'll be required to not be where we are now not and instead be where we once were if you catch my meaning. But, if yuh can do that without ridin' a horse, yer a better dwarf than me."

"Ah, ferget it cousin, we're just overthinkin' it, aren't we. Let's just be gettin' out in the countryside and killin' gobbos."


Male Half-Orc Druid (Bear Shaman)
Kin Lur wrote:
Augrok finds Kin Lur in his tree-nest, relaxing, but he's obviously awake and watching as the druid approaches. Fourthea lays at the base of the tree. When he sees the half-orc coming, he climbs down and starts to put Fourthea's gear on before slipping on his own pack. Once he's ready, he turns to Augrok - "It's going to be a hot one again, isn't it? Best to get moving before the sun's too high, eh?"

Squinting up at the sky, and off into the distance that the wind blew from, he sighed and nodded, giving a slight shrug. His armor was already on, and Ur was following, though she was meandering here and there in the grove, re-exploring what she had the day before. "It will. Remember where the others are?" Augrok had forgotten, though their lot could not be many places in this town. Hefting his axe onto his shoulder, he looked at the river and considered that the shortest way across was to simply swim it, but instead retraced his steps back to the ferry. He was hungry, and Ur undoubtedly was as well. He hoped this inn had a good cook.


Augrok Manyteeth wrote:
Squinting up at the sky, and off into the distance that the wind blew from, he sighed and nodded, giving a slight shrug. His armor was already on, and Ur was following, though she was meandering here and there in the grove, re-exploring what she had the day before. "It will. Remember where the others are?" Augrok had forgotten, though their lot could not be many places in this town. Hefting his axe onto his shoulder, he looked at the river and considered that the shortest way across was to simply swim it, but instead retraced his steps back to the ferry. He was hungry, and Ur undoubtedly was as well. He hoped this inn had a good cook.

Smiling, the halfling falls into step, leading Fourthea. "As a matter of fact, I do." Seeing the glance at the river, "Oh, no you don't. Or not with me, anyway. I'm taking the boat."


Male Dwarf Cleric 6
Ergrin Stonefist wrote:


"Ah, ferget it cousin, we're just overthinkin' it, aren't we. Let's just be gettin' out in the countryside and killin' gobbos."

"Best advice yet! Let's get goin."


The way things are shaping up, Kin Lur's going to be seeking spare ammunition. He will inquire of anyone that appears to be a local whether there is a bowyer/fletcher in town. That works with Small-sized equipment, if the respondent appears knowledgeable.


Male Human (Varisian) Undead Bloodline Sorcerer 2 Cleric of Urgathoa 2

Vykos comes down from his meditations just as Augrok and Kin Lur arrive at the Inn for breakfast. He sits at the table with the others, discussing their plans from the night before with the absent parties while watching them eat their breakfast.


"Vykos, I was thinking after our affair with the plant beast the other night. I have seen items enchanted to glow like a torch where the enchantment fades after a relatively short time. I have heard of such enchantments that do not fade. Is this magic something that you can cast? I understand your spells for the day are probably selected, but if this is something you can do, I would like to get something enchanted in such a fashion. Otherwise, have you found someone in town that might be able to provide such a service?"


Male Human (Varisian) Undead Bloodline Sorcerer 2 Cleric of Urgathoa 2

"I have heard of a similar spell. It creates a Flame which gives off no heat and cannot be extinguished. Supply shops usually sell them to adventurers as Everburning Torches. The spell itself however can be cast onto anything. Unfortunately I myself cannot cast such a spell. There is a Wizard in town however that may know the spell and be willing to inscribe it onto a Scroll for you. If he does so then I would cast it for you onto what ever you desire."
If Kin is willing then after Breakfast Vykos will take Kin to see Sertieran the Wise.


Vykos the Deathless wrote:

"I have heard of a similar spell. It creates a Flame which gives off no heat and cannot be extinguished. Supply shops usually sell them to adventurers as Everburning Torches. The spell itself however can be cast onto anything. Unfortunately I myself cannot cast such a spell. There is a Wizard in town however that may know the spell and be willing to inscribe it onto a Scroll for you. If he does so then I would cast it for you onto what ever you desire."

If Kin is willing then after Breakfast Vykos will take Kin to see Sertieran the Wise.

"It can wait if it interferes with the plans you've made. It was just a thought is all."


Male Human (Varisian) Undead Bloodline Sorcerer 2 Cleric of Urgathoa 2
Kin Lur wrote:
"It can wait if it interferes with the plans you've made. It was just a thought is all."

"I believe that everything is in order for us to leave this morning. If we visit him before we leave, then upon our return I am sure that he will have it ready for us. I don't think that will impact too much upon our current plans."


Vykos the Deathless wrote:
Kin Lur wrote:
"It can wait if it interferes with the plans you've made. It was just a thought is all."
"I believe that everything is in order for us to leave this morning. If we visit him before we leave, then upon our return I am sure that he will have it ready for us. I don't think that will impact too much upon our current plans."

"If it is agreeable with everyone, I would appreciate that, Vykos. So, what is the plan?"


Just a little nudge as things have settled down. It is currently morning, the group having decided to find Jorr and procure him as a guide to find the hobgoblins.

You have some business at Sertieren's house first...

For those visiting the Wizard:

Spoiler:

An old manor house stands overlooking steep bluffs over the Elsir River. Though not in disrepair, the wood is old and faded and white sheets limply hang over the windows. A small sign, buried under a once-grand awning, says HOUSE OF SERTIEREN THE WISE. NO GOLD, NO BOTHER. A small bell hangs next to the sign.

You wait for a long moment after ringing the bell before a young halfling opens the door. He is dishevelled, his hair standing on end and missing an eyebrow. His fingers show the marks of burns and ink stains, his clothing blotted in a rainbow of colours and an assortment of burns, holes, tears, and frays.

He gapes at the group for a moment. "Wow, so many at once. Well, I'm sure you want to see Master Sertieren else you wouldn't be here. Come in," he says as he moves to a side room full of books and trinkets, "the Master is in here. I'm Waylen." He smiles as he looks over the group, obviously impressed by your assortment of equipment.

He announces your presence, and an elderly halfling man rounds the corner. He is dressed in the white of a merchant, matching his long white hair tied in a ponytail. He peers out over spectacles at the group. "Waylen, get back to your studies. They don't care. Ah yes, I recognize one of you. Is there something else I can do for your gold?"


Dungeon Master Drax wrote:

Just a little nudge as things have settled down. It is currently morning, the group having decided to find Jorr and procure him as a guide to find the hobgoblins.

You have some business at Sertieren's house first...

Visiting the wizard:

Spoiler:
For Kin Lur, what Vykos suggested in the inn over breakfast made great sense, but now he absolutely no idea how to repeat it to the merchant-wizard. As a result, he will defer to the party's wizard to make the request.


Male Human (Varisian) Undead Bloodline Sorcerer 2 Cleric of Urgathoa 2

"Greetings again Sertieren. My little friend here," he indicates Kin, "would like to enquire about the purchase of a Scroll containing a spell for creating a permanent flame, such as those found on Everlasting Torches. We are heading out of town today, so if you do not have one available, we will be back in a couple of days and can pick it up from you then".


"Hmm, let me think." He pauses as his eyes seem to scan an invisible sheet of parchment, darting back and forth searching for a piece of informations. "No, I have nothing of the sort in stock, but I do know the spell called continual flame. I can prepare a scroll containing the spell for the price of 175 gold pieces. It can be ready tomorrow. Gold only, please." He nods and blinks as he finished his statement. "I also have been informed by the mayor that he can cover costs for you. Let me know now if this is the case, as this is an expensive process."

His apprentice peers in from the back entrance to this room, looking over the group with amazement. Sertieren does not notice his presence, his back to the lad.


Dungeon Master Drax wrote:

"Hmm, let me think." He pauses as his eyes seem to scan an invisible sheet of parchment, darting back and forth searching for a piece of informations. "No, I have nothing of the sort in stock, but I do know the spell called continual flame. I can prepare a scroll containing the spell for the price of 175 gold pieces. It can be ready tomorrow. Gold only, please." He nods and blinks as he finished his statement. "I also have been informed by the mayor that he can cover costs for you. Let me know now if this is the case, as this is an expensive process."

His apprentice peers in from the back entrance to this room, looking over the group with amazement. Sertieren does not notice his presence, his back to the lad.

Kin Lur whispers to Vykos, "That sounds like a lot of money. I think we'd better wait -- there are better things to spend the mayor's money on."

Turning to the wizard, he says, "Master Sertieren, I did not realize how expensive this spell would be. I cannot ask my friends to use so much of our group's funds for just me. I will come again when I have the gold myself. Thank you for seeing us this morning."

He will bow to the wizard and prepare to leave as soon as Vykos is ready to go.


Male Dwarf Monk (4)

I'm confused. Have we rejoined the others yet? Are we all together or seperate?


Ergrin Stonefist wrote:
I'm confused. Have we rejoined the others yet? Are we all together or seperate?

The ranger and the druid rejoined the others at the Green Apple Inn in time for breakfast and over eggs and bacon, Kin Lur asked Vykos if he was able to cast Continual Flame on something for him. This little sidetrip was to address that request. Whether you accompanied the spellcaster and the ranger is up to you. The plan, I believe, is to reconvene at the Green Apple Inn with any that didn't go to the wizard's abode.

I hope that helps. For that matter, I hope it's accurate. ;-P


Male Half-Orc Druid (Bear Shaman)

Foraging from nature had advantages, but some cooking just can't be surpassed, Augrok realized. The smell of breakfast cooking had his stomach growling enough that even Ur looked at him in curiosity after a particularly loud rumble. Since he was following Kin Lur, he took a little longer to get there, but he had the name, so he was fairly confident that he would be able to find the place if he got lost.

Making his way in, companion in tow (and admonished to be on her best behavior), Augrok found the table with his traveling companions and made sure to take a seat far enough away that he and Ur would not be crowding anyone. He was hungry, and planning on eating almost as much as Ur would, provided he did not get asked to leave at bringing a bear into the common room. To that end, he leaned his greataxe against the wall and made his way over to the innkeep and got their attention, speaking in his rough common. "Breakfast please. Large. For me and Ur. How much?" A gesture was made back at the bear that had settled near the chair he had occupied, taking in the sights and scents this place had to offer.


Augrok Manyteeth wrote:
Since he was following Kin Lur, he took a little longer to get there...

Oh, come on! A short joke? Augrok, I thought we were friends! ;-)


Ergrin: Kin Lur has assessed the situation accurately.

Kin Lur: Sertieren is none too happy with you for idly disturbing his "precious research". His young apprentice apologizes profusely on your way out, as Sertieren slams a door elsewhere in the house.

Just as you are about to leave, Waylen blurts out quietly "Will you take me with you?"

Augrok: Tharrma is busy serving several guardsmen before they go on duty. A few other patrons are present as well, along with some of your friends.

As you enter, a few people start a commotion over Ur's presence, which in turn attracts Tharrma's attention. She hurries over, fast as her dwarven legs will take her, and from several feet away nervously speaks. "Sir, I dinna care how much chu be willin ta pay, but if chur gonna come in here yer beastie have ta stay outdoors."

She is willing to serve food to Ur, the cost of both meals comes to 6 silver (some eggs, cereal, an apple, and some watered-down milk). For Ur she can scrounge up a large cow bone for him to chew on.


Male Half-Elf Academy Fighter 2/Rogue 2
Dungeon Master Drax wrote:
Just as you are about to leave, Waylen blurts out quietly "Will you take me with you?"

Alexei rubs his chin, ignoring his slight headache and disappointed that a whole night spent gambling could net him no useful contacts, no favors owed, and, most importantly, no battle sorcerer... but sometimes the gods provide what all manner of cunning plots cannot.

"Gentlemen, I'm thinking that if this kid can cast sleep or color spray, he's most welcome indeed! In fact, I'd be willing to take him on as a personal squire, if need be."

(Drax, for a sorcerer cohort, I'd be willing to take the Leadership feat at 6th level to cover it, if that works out.)


Dungeon Master Drax wrote:
Just as you are about to leave, Waylen blurts out quietly "Will you take me with you?"

"I cannot answer for the rest of the group, but I would be willing. First, do you realize what you are asking, young one? A lot may be asked of you -- how do you think you will be able to help us in our task?"

I may have this wrong, but I'm picturing him as a younger halfling than Kin Lur. As such, I'm thinking the ranger would try to take him under his wing.


Male Dwarf Monk (4)

Ergrin gazes around the room, trying to gain some insight into the character of this halfling wizard.

Perception (1d20+10=22)


Alexei: Leadership feat would be fine if you want more direct control over Weylan's involvement (equipment, orders, etc) otherwise he will be a stock NPC and may act according to character. Also, if and when you take Leadership I will hand over his character sheet to you and allow you to control his mechanical choices.

Kin Lur: Weylan is definitely younger than you, though he appears to have led a hard life to this point. In addition to his disheveled appearance, he bears a number of scars (both large and small), has deep circles under his eyes, and appears to bite his lips quite often.

Ergrin:

Spoiler:
Weylan's appearance gives some clues to his personality (see above posts), but your astute gaze reveals some other interesting points.

  • The walls of the room appear to have fresh coats of paint, with the strokes indicating the painter was short. On the doorframes their is noticeable damage - the wood is pitted and cracked in small patches. The cracks seem to extend under the fresh paint of the walls.

  • On a mantle in the entryway is a small pile of dry straw, leaves, and other assorted refuse. Glinting in the pile are numerous shiny trinkets.

  • Male Human (Varisian) Undead Bloodline Sorcerer 2 Cleric of Urgathoa 2

    Vykos regards Weylan impassively. "If the others have no objection to you joining us then by all means join us. What will your Master think though?"
    "We are heading into battle you know. What kind of experience do you have? I just want to make sure that you're up for it"


    Male Half-Elf Academy Fighter 2/Rogue 2

    "Vykos tells only the truth about where we go, lad. If you want to see some action, and can stand up to the rigors of the field, and most particularly if you can devote your life to sorcery in the service of your nation and your companions, then our path might suit you. But if you have ANY other aspirations... you want to be a master thief, or a sword-swinging warrior, and view magic as a part-time hobby... then your life on our road will be a short one. Indeed, if you spent any time learning some other vocation before becoming apprenticed to your master, it's too late for you."

    If this kid has given up potential caster levels for levels in Commoner, Expert, Rogue, or whatever, he's no good to us; I'd rather save my 6th level feat for something useful.


    Male Dwarf Monk (4)

    DM:

    Spoiler:

    Ergrin steps outside quietly and examines the other side of the door.

    Perception (1d20+10=14)


    Male Half-Orc Druid (Bear Shaman)

    Augrok nods, understanding the unease, even if he did not like it. Gathering his axe off of the wall, a sound to Ur had her up and following. No point in getting angry at the ones who were scared, better to just remove the both of them from the premises. Come to think of it, he had not seen the whole town yet. So he set out to do just that.


    Male Dwarf Cleric 6

    Seeing Augrok and Ur move to leave Mijanor sets his mug down with a loud thump and follows. "I be agreein with ya. It's past time ta be movin. I am thinkin the others still have themselves all tied in knots tryin to recruit children to fight a man's war. Course war 'as a bad 'abit o' not leavin even the children alone."


    Male Dwarf Monk (4)

    I believe my cousin just woke up in a tavern continuing the conversation of the night before. Not the first time a dwarf has done that. Not the first time this week.


    Male Dwarf Cleric 6
    Ergrin Stonefist wrote:
    I believe my cousin just woke up in a tavern continuing the conversation of the night before. Not the first time a dwarf has done that. Not the first time this week.

    Nor the last... :)


    Mijanor Firehammer wrote:
    Ergrin Stonefist wrote:
    I believe my cousin just woke up in a tavern continuing the conversation of the night before. Not the first time a dwarf has done that. Not the first time this week.
    Nor the last... :)

    *bump*

    "Well, friends, you seem to have a plan. What are we doing first?"


    Male Dwarf Cleric 6
    Kin Lur wrote:
    Mijanor Firehammer wrote:
    Ergrin Stonefist wrote:
    I believe my cousin just woke up in a tavern continuing the conversation of the night before. Not the first time a dwarf has done that. Not the first time this week.
    Nor the last... :)

    *bump*

    "Well, friends, you seem to have a plan. What are we doing first?"

    "Now that we be prepared for the gobbo scum and armed with alot more knowledge than we started with I say we 'ear what Alexei be 'avin ta say aboot our next move." Mijanor looks toward Alexei expectantly.


    Mijanor Firehammer wrote:
    "Now that we be prepared for the gobbo scum and armed with alot more knowledge than we started with I say we 'ear what Alexei be 'avin ta say aboot our next move." Mijanor looks toward Alexei expectantly.

    Kin Lur settles in for a lesson in military tactics and waits for the resident soldier to share his thoughts.


    At Sertieren's:

    Weylan steps outside the manor and closes the door quietly.

    "I'll be honest, since you seem like decent fellows. I expect my master would be plenty ired if he found I had gone and run off. But he wouldn't notice for days. He's sort of a nose-in-a-book type, if you catch me. Besides, if this work pays I may just be able to buy my way out of my apprenticeship."

    He looks to both sides and lowers his voice. "He isn't teaching me much anyways. Keeps going on about scrolls and books. My spells are much better than his."

    Responding to Alexei, Weylan arches an eyebrow. "Yeah, I've done my share of fighting, but my magic does my work for me. Kind of hard to learn to be a blacksmith when you know how to start fires with a gesture, you know?"

    "So where are we going?"


    M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
    Speaker Norro Wiston wrote:
    "If you're going to be wandering around in the Witchwood, I would advise you to seek out Jorr Natherson. You can't find someone who knows the woods better. His cabin is out of the way, but it could be worth the walk. If you take the Witch Trail, go left at the first big trail crossing; Jorr's cabin is about seven miles in. Or, if you're on the Dawn Way, take a right on a trail about nine miles from the forest edge. Jorr's cabin is near the Blackwater."
    Mijanor Firehammer wrote:
    "Now that we be prepared for the gobbo scum and armed with alot more knowledge than we started with I say we 'ear what Alexei be 'avin ta say aboot our next move." Mijanor looks toward Alexei expectantly.

    Unfortunately, Alexei has little to add. "Let us gather what allies we might. I motion we take this lad, and maybe go see this Jorr fellow as well, as soon as we can manage it. Mijanor, no offense, but you'll need a pony -- you still won't be able to keep up with this fine mare (patting Valentia), but at least you'll not be slowing us to the point where we miss the fight!"


    Male Human (Varisian) Undead Bloodline Sorcerer 2 Cleric of Urgathoa 2

    "Let us head off then, to the Witchwood and the home of Jorr. We will seek his input into where best to head from there."

    He turns to the young Halfling, "welcome aboard".


    Male Dwarf Cleric 6

    A dark scowl crosses Mijanor's face, "I kept up with chur fine steeds all the way 'ere and I'll keep up just fine now. Chur not gettin me op on wanna those walkin deathtraps. You get a wagon and I'll be a ridin otherways I'll be a walkin."

    FYI: He plans to force march to keep up.


    OK, sounds like we are generally on board with traveling to meet Jorr.

    Kin Lur will ride point or rearguard, head on a swivel watching for any potential threats.

    I don't know how many Perception checks will be necessary, but I'm fine with the DM making the rolls. Bonus is +8, with an additional +2 for sound-based checks and an additional +2 if the target is a giant. Just in case I'm afk during the holiday season.


    M Goblin Beer Snob 1/Freethinker 3
    Mijanor Firehammer wrote:
    FYI: He plans to force march to keep up.

    He can only force march at 20 mph (normal speed), so he's still dragging us around at 2/3 the speed we could manage on foot, and half the speed we'll do mounted. We can get there and back by the time he arrives, so he might as well stay in town! The loss of 1 party member will be easily offset, because we'll only rolling half as many wandering monster checks...

    "Mijanor, unless Torag can put wings on your feet, my friend... then needs must you bite the proverbial sling bullet and get a wagon quickly, at the least. Slow and steady is not what we need now, but rather swift and sure."


    Male Dwarf Cleric 6

    sorry, I used the wrong terminology. I meant "hustle" not "forced march". The hustle gives him a speed of 40' feet. This is as fast as any of the horses or ponies carrying a load.

    "Bah! I be keepin up doncha be worryin aboot it."


    Male Half-Orc Druid (Bear Shaman)

    Augrok chuckled at the dwarf's refusal to obtain a mount, not that he was one to begrudge anyone their peculiarities. Greataxe over his shoulder, the new addition got a long, piercing look before he turned away with a noncommittal grunt, Ur uninterested with the proceedings. He had not spent time listening to nature this morning, so he still had the magic from the day before. When they had a concrete idea of what they were getting into, he would listen then. The armed (and armored) half-orc rested his free hand on the black bear's shoulder, calming her agitation, and looked expectantly at the lot of them. They may have eaten, but he was hungry.


    Male Dwarf Monk (4)

    "You could ride 'Ergrin,' cousin," says Ergrin helpfully. "He's a good slow moving mount."


    Male Dwarf Cleric 6
    Ergrin Stonefist wrote:
    "You could ride 'Ergrin,' cousin," says Ergrin helpfully. "He's a good slow moving mount."

    Ergrin recieves a punch in the arm for his trouble which with his training he probably deftly dodges. "I be knowin chur slow but it wasn't in how fast ye walk that I was meanin. Any more "'elp" from ye and I'll be knockin ye in the 'ead with me 'ammer."


    Shortly before noon, with business sorted out and fees paid, the party manages to organize at the Green Apple Inn.

    Weylan arrives alone, carrying a sturdy rucksack and several magical contraptions dangling from his belt. He still bears the marks of his studies, though his robe has been replaced by sturdier traveling gear.

    With map secured in astute dwarven hands, the party sets off to procure the services of one Jorr Natherson...

    I have deliberately left enough time so that anyone who wants to acquire miscellaneous goods (potions and the like) can do so before departure. Post a message in the discussion page if you are doing so.

    Check the Discussion Page for an update.

    501 to 550 of 818 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dorak's Red Hand of Doom PbP All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.