Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Are YOU ready for some FOOTBALL!


Off-Topic Discussions

1 to 50 of 1,022 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Osirion

Go COLTS!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ok; once again full of hope; GO LIONS!!!
yeah, I know...pipe dream.

Taldor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Eagles!
Woo!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Callous Jack wrote:

Eagles!

Woo!

Jack, you're an Eagles fan? And here I was starting to have respect for you.

You don't live in Philly, do you?

Qadira

Go Cowboys!

Cheliax

Well I used to ba a Niners fan, but I decided that if I'm going to cheer for a losing team I might as well go all the way and so now I'm a Bengals fan. Can't quite force myself to go all the way and cheer for the Lions. ;p

Andoran

I'm not scared...GO LIONS!!!
and Wolverines, too (too bad they were the only big ten team to lose yesterday).

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Cowboys

Cheliax

gabriel davila wrote:

I'm not scared...GO LIONS!!!

and Wolverines, too (too bad they were the only big ten team to lose yesterday).

To my Utes no less.

Andoran

gabriel davila wrote:

I'm not scared...GO LIONS!!!

and Wolverines, too (too bad they were the only big ten team to lose yesterday).

wow, so y'all are 0-2 already (i say this because y'all WILL lost to OSU again...)

go 'boys and HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!

(oh, yeah, and, uh, texans, y'all do some stuff too :) )


Da Bears

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Aberzombie wrote:
And here I was starting to have respect for you.

Well, that was yer first mistake.

*throws a D battery at Aberzombie*
Woo! Eagles!

(And no, I don't live in Philly anymore, that was years ago now but I have a fondness for the city, especially the football.)


well; the football talk at work is starting; bets and smirks abound hehe; go Lions, sheesh my Tigers are doing to well though; but my Wings are still skating around with the glory cup :)


Go Gobbos!! Bloodbowl XXXXVIII, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Osirion

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Pawns Subscriber

Wondering when this was going to start.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!


GO THE WARATAHS - We are talking proper football aren't we.

http://www.waratahs.com.au/

Not the one hour game that takes three hours to play..... ummm Go the Redskins. :-)


Go 'horns! Wow, it's great to have football on again. No more having to watch crappy movies on the Scifi channel!

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

Go Browns, and go Buckeyes!

Both teams already lead the nation in injuries...

Andoran

Go Panthers! Don't choke again!

Osirion

Go Alouettes! Go! Yay!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber

Here we go Brownies, Here we go. Ruff, Ruff.

And the home....of the SOONERS!!!!!!!!!!!


Garydee wrote:
Go 'horns! Wow, it's great to have football on again. No more having to watch crappy movies on the Scifi channel!

Go Miners!!! I get to watch the 'Horns take apart my favorite college football team this Saturday (season ticket holder). I'd like to think we have a decent chance to beat UT, but I'm a realist. I'll just be happy if we beat Rice and SMU, LOL.


farewell2kings wrote:
Garydee wrote:
Go 'horns! Wow, it's great to have football on again. No more having to watch crappy movies on the Scifi channel!

Go Miners!!! I get to watch the 'Horns take apart my favorite college football team this Saturday (season ticket holder). I'd like to think we have a decent chance to beat UT, but I'm a realist. I'll just be happy if we beat Rice and SMU, LOL.

I really thought the Miners were beginning to become contenders. What happened to them?

Cheliax

farewell2kings wrote:
Garydee wrote:
Go 'horns! Wow, it's great to have football on again. No more having to watch crappy movies on the Scifi channel!

Go Miners!!! I get to watch the 'Horns take apart my favorite college football team this Saturday (season ticket holder). I'd like to think we have a decent chance to beat UT, but I'm a realist. I'll just be happy if we beat Rice and SMU, LOL.

There's always UCF.


Go Cowboys. Here’s hoping we can make it to the big show this year.
Hook ‘em Horns! Come early, stay late. Wear orange.

Cheliax

CourtFool wrote:

Go Cowboys. Here’s hoping we can make it to the big show this year.

Well if they get to keep the supersized Tony Romo from the Lemon Pepsi commercials they just might. Otherwise they will find some way to blow it.


Garydee wrote:
farewell2kings wrote:
Garydee wrote:
Go 'horns! Wow, it's great to have football on again. No more having to watch crappy movies on the Scifi channel!

Go Miners!!! I get to watch the 'Horns take apart my favorite college football team this Saturday (season ticket holder). I'd like to think we have a decent chance to beat UT, but I'm a realist. I'll just be happy if we beat Rice and SMU, LOL.

I really thought the Miners were beginning to become contenders. What happened to them?

It's hard to recruit people to come to El Paso. Preconceived notions and all that. So, we have to make do with the 2nd and 3rd rate recruits from the region. Mike Price had a lot better luck recruiting in the Pacific Northwest when he was at Washington State, but his old connections up there are hard to ring up when you have to convince a college age kid to move 2000 miles away. Plus, at Washington State, you knew that a great year would get you to the Rose Bowl. In Conference USA, a great year gets you to the what? Memphis Bowl? Look at what happened to Boise State--they went undefeated and beat Oklahoma and still didn't get a national championship chance. That's the disparity in college football. Unless you're in a top conference, you'll NEVER play for a national championship and you'll only go to a BCS Bowl IF you're undefeated and the stars are right. That really hurts recruiting and perpetuates the 2nd class cycle for most schools.

Our offenses are always pretty good, but the lack of decent recruits always hurts our defense.

But the bottom line is that few good recruits want to move to El Paso for four years. It's really hard to convince them that this is a great place to live--they want to party on Sixth Street or go hang out at the beach.

So we make do with what we have. I enjoy going to college football games too much to let a bad season or two get me down.

After four years we turn out some great players--Thomas Howard, Tony Tolbert, Chris Jacke, etc....but it's convincing them to come here that's the hard part.

Andoran

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERECOMETHEGATORS!!!

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
David Fryer wrote:
Well if they get to keep the supersized Tony Romo from the Lemon Pepsi commercials they just might. Otherwise they will find some way to blow it.

Music to my ears...

:-)

Qadira

Go Snobi!


Tony actually reminds me of John Elway. Some great plays matched by equally great bad plays.


Does he have gap'd buck teeth and a befuddled look on his face?

Well, I think my Lions will do ok if they get the Offensive line to give Kitna some protection; sheesh; I think he could be pretty good is he wasnt laying on his back staring up at the lights all the time.

CourtFool wrote:
Tony actually reminds me of John Elway. Some great plays matched by equally great bad plays.


Valegrim wrote:

Does he have gap'd buck teeth and a befuddled look on his face?

Well, I think my Lions will do ok if they get the Offensive line to give Kitna some protection; sheesh; I think he could be pretty good is he wasnt laying on his back staring up at the lights all the time.

CourtFool wrote:
Tony actually reminds me of John Elway. Some great plays matched by equally great bad plays.

I think the thing that would help the Lions the most is if Millen would step down.

Paizo Employee Sales Imp

SEAHAWKS!

What? I live in Seattle... it's required. 12th man and all.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Cosmo wrote:

SEAHAWKS!

What? I live in Seattle... it's required. 12th man and all.

Go Hawks!!

And welcome back lightless days!!

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber
Garydee wrote:
Valegrim wrote:

Does he have gap'd buck teeth and a befuddled look on his face?

Well, I think my Lions will do ok if they get the Offensive line to give Kitna some protection; sheesh; I think he could be pretty good is he wasnt laying on his back staring up at the lights all the time.

CourtFool wrote:
Tony actually reminds me of John Elway. Some great plays matched by equally great bad plays.
I think the thing that would help the Lions the most is if Millen would step down.

That would be a start. Kitna needs to be gone, too. Good statistics, decent arm - but when the game is on the line, he will find a way to turn the ball over. Kitna will break your heart.

Now, when Drew Stanton is healthy again, I think Lions fans may have a reason to get excited...


Cosmo wrote:

SEAHAWKS!

What? I live in Seattle... it's required. 12th man and all.

Down with the Seahawks. Go Niners.

And yes I realize I'm probably getting something bad in the mail from Cosmo soon. :P

Qadira RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6, Contributor

Go Ducks! Any season that starts with beating the crap out of the Huskies is a good one.

Biggest margin of victory for the Ducks since 1973, and the Duck's longest winning streak in the rivalry (5 years). Woohoo!

It's a nice consolation after the crushing loss of Dennis Dixon last year. And we've established that our third and fourth string QBs can get the job done, at least against Washington (#1 is done for the year with another pre-season injury, #2 got his bell rung and left in the second Q).


Go chiefs!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Go Chivass!!!...eer what? US football teams only?... Go Cowboys!


FC Dallas!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

…for that matter, Manchester United!


CourtFool wrote:
…for that matter, Manchester United!

I'm European, and with all my heart,I say to you all my children....

SOCCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Qadira

Tampa Bay for me, though I'll be watching the Cardinals as well.


Greyblade wrote:
SOCCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I have to disagree with you there. I enjoy American Football and Soccer. I believe Soccer has never caught on here in the states because it is not high scoring enough. Hockey may be low scoring too, but you have fights. You know…'cause we miss our coliseum and lions.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Russ Taylor wrote:

Go Ducks! Any season that starts with beating the crap out of the Huskies is a good one.

Biggest margin of victory for the Ducks since 1973, and the Duck's longest winning streak in the rivalry (5 years). Woohoo!

It's a nice consolation after the crushing loss of Dennis Dixon last year. And we've established that our third and fourth string QBs can get the job done, at least against Washington (#1 is done for the year with another pre-season injury, #2 got his bell rung and left in the second Q).

I was at the Oregon-Arizona game. Man, what a disaster that was.

Ducks!!


CourtFool wrote:
Greyblade wrote:
SOCCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
I have to disagree with you there. I enjoy American Football and Soccer. I believe Soccer has never caught on here in the states because it is not high scoring enough. Hockey may be low scoring too, but you have fights. You know…'cause we miss our coliseum and lions.

If soccer is going to make it in America, the offsides rule is going to have to be modified in order for scoring to increase.

Cheliax

Go Bradymosses!

Err, Patriots!

Spoiler:
Yes, we cheat. Hence the 'spoiler' tag. Thank you everyone for your collective schadenfreude last year. Karma is a b*!&+, and it still stings, but there is always this year!

Osirion

CourtFool wrote:
Greyblade wrote:
SOCCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
I have to disagree with you there. I enjoy American Football and Soccer. I believe Soccer has never caught on here in the states because it is not high scoring enough. Hockey may be low scoring too, but you have fights. You know…'cause we miss our coliseum and lions.

I dunno about the peoples in other parts of the globe, but in the elementary school i come from we teach our children to play soccer in the snow, rain and sun. it builds character! getting hit in the face by a fast kick and not letting it in the net? just teaches kids to handle their fear! and when colleseums come back (which they will, mark my words...), us canadians will be ready for the ones with snow covering the grounds, since we've been running in it from childhood!

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

sorry. just having a bit of fun, but the part about playing in the snow is true in montreal at least. especially when the only two things to do at recess is stand around or play soccer.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
CourtFool wrote:
You know…'cause we miss our coliseum and lions.

Here in Mex the lions are those sitting watching the games! So you can call mexican soccer an extreme/bloody sport! You have a blast of a time even if the game sucks; in fact, if the game sucks, the "audience gets more entertaining -and dangerous- :D

1 to 50 of 1,022 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Are YOU ready for some FOOTBALL! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.