Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

False Hope. Fakey's 'Hollow's Last Hope' PBP Game.


Play-by-Post

1,801 to 1,850 of 1,866 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>

Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?

"Right, Hozs."

Effan shuffles up to the open tower door and peeks inside. He steps on a few errant spiders then looks up for falling spiders or anvils before stepping in.

If it's dark I'll cast light on a couple rocks first and hand them out. And in a real powergamer rule exploiting move I'll use mage hand to carry one of the rocks.


It appears clear of threats in the room....just a bunch of old crates and barrels and such...and a lot of dust and debris near the base of the stairs that head upwards.


Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?

Effan sends a lighted rock up the stairs and follows behind, wand at the ready.

Night, Fakey.


Male Gnome Bard 2

Faldor follows Effan into the room but stares and the stairs and the debris under it. "Are those safe even?"

Faldor checks the crates for anything useful.

Perception
1d20+7=23


Male Halfling Paladin 2

When Effan nears the top of the stairs, Abe follows him up on foot.


Male Human Rogue 2

"A moment Abe. Let me take a look ahead of you." Morganst give him a wink and slips up the stairs ahead. "I'm a bit less noticeable. Just be sure to cover me".

stealth check (1d20+11+2=32)


Sorry guys, life is giving me some wicked combos lately.

The upper area of the tower, once the failing stairs are navigated, opens to the sky, cobwebs and husks of spider-sheddings are everywhere, but there is nothing else of interest up here......except for some spideregg-sacks.....a future swarm in the making.

The first floor of the tower is free of dangers and appears to have been a storeroom. Crates, barrels and boxes are stacked throughout, covered in a thick layer of dust and old leaves.


male Human Druid 2
The False DM wrote:

Sorry guys, life is giving me some wicked combos lately.

...

Hozs makes sure the swarm is not too near hatching. "Uhmmmm... innocents." the webs whisper to him though, and hoping he will be able to translate its secrets into useful energy later, he takes an eggsack carefully from the wall.


summon vermin, level 0 transmutation. casting time 60-90 days. :)

good news: I got an interem position/promossion and my time has been utterly sapped trying to learn everything. (hence the post midnight post.)

I will be posting less frequently, but will be reading and hope to be back to a schedule soon.


Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?

Effan waits patiently for Hozs to leave with his prize, then sonically blasts the remaining eggsacks. He whispers to Abe and Morganst, "I don't want to upset the boy, but we should destroy that last sack as well when he isn't looking. It will just be trouble otherwise."

Commiserations, Fakey. Congratulations, Curaigh!


M Human Scout 2
Effan Effluvium wrote:
Effan waits patiently for Hozs to leave with his prize, then sonically blasts the remaining eggsacks. He whispers to Abe and Morganst, "I don't want to upset the boy, but we should destroy that last sack as well when he isn't looking. It will just be trouble otherwise."

"Damn straight, droogy."


Male Gnome Bard 2

Anything of use in boxes?


Male Human Rogue 2

Morganst winks at Effan. "Shouldn't be too hard to see Hozs and those spiders parted."

Immediately after that he gets distracted by the boxes and barrels. Mroganst starts taking a peek to see what can be salvaged from the boxes and barrels.


male Human Druid 2
Keegan Cawley wrote:
Effan Effluvium wrote:
Effan waits patiently for Hozs to leave with his prize, then sonically blasts the remaining eggsacks. He whispers to Abe and Morganst, "I don't want to upset the boy, but we should destroy that last sack as well when he isn't looking. It will just be trouble otherwise."
"Damn straight, droogy."

"Uhmmm... I'm right here guys, I can totally... OOOH a box!" and thanks


M Human Scout 2
Faldor O'Gistoresh wrote:
Anything of use in boxes?

Empty space, evidently.


Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?
Keegan Cawley wrote:
Effan Effluvium wrote:
"I don't want to upset the boy, but we should destroy that last sack as well when he isn't looking. It will just be trouble otherwise."
"Damn straight, droogy."

Keegan's approval is no comfort to the gnome. He genuinely likes the soft-hearted druid and doesn't want to upset him.

He nods at Morganst's suggestion. "Aye. A distraction."


Boxes and barrels are opened, most of which contain long-forgotten and age-ruined stores.....work implements, rotted leather in bulk, bolts of sturdy canvas covered in mold and rot, etc....except for one long box buried under barrels in the left rear corner of the tower.
Prying the lid off of it reveals a shirt of chain fashioned from mithral, a dagger made of a dark metal that appears to be adamantine, and a light rectangular shield made of a metal that appears to be a mix of mithral and adamantine. After removing these items from the box the remaining contents can be seen.....8 pieces of barstock of mithral and 8 matching pieces of barstock composed of adamantine. Quite valuable and quite heavy. Finding a smith able to work the fine-quality metals may be difficult but would be worth the effort!

posting as I can, sorry for the delays!


Male Halfling Paladin 2

Abe admires the workmanship and materials of the items.

"By the love of Shelyn, they are beautiful!"


Male Gnome Bard 2

Looking through the items the small gnome turns towards Effan, "Can you tell if any of these have any power?"

Sized for medium creatures I assume. Kinda figure since made by dwarves.


Faldor O'Gistoresh wrote:

Looking through the items the small gnome turns towards Effan, "Can you tell if any of these have any power?"

Sized for medium creatures I assume. Kinda figure since made by dwarves.

Actually the mithral shirt can be adjusted to fit either small or medium sized characters, take about 15 minutes to adjust it, it is currently set up for medium.

And the dagger is sized for a small character.
Also I forgot, there are 2 handaxes(medium sized), one cold iron and one made of the strange hybrid metal as the shield (counts as adamantine for hardness and stuff like the +1 to hit and damage, weighs the same as normal weapon due to the lighter mithral alloy in it.)


Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?
Faldor O'Gistoresh wrote:

Looking through the items the small gnome turns towards Effan, "Can you tell if any of these have any power?"

Sized for medium creatures I assume. Kinda figure since made by dwarves.

"I'll try." Detect magic on the lot.


M Human Scout 2

"Too shiny, it is. Not natural, like. I isn't trusting alless things... Hurrm..."


Male Human Rogue 2

"Oooooh shiny! Almost as good as gold." Morganst grinned. "I bet that'll bring a few coins in."

He glances around the room again and shrugs. "I guess we leave it here and pick it up on the way back? Not sure it's wise to drag the bars around with us."


Effan Effluvium wrote:
Faldor O'Gistoresh wrote:

Looking through the items the small gnome turns towards Effan, "Can you tell if any of these have any power?"

Sized for medium creatures I assume. Kinda figure since made by dwarves.

"I'll try." Detect magic on the lot.

No magic, just good, quality dwarf-made items.


Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?

Effan looks up from the pile of goods. "No magic to be found, but what is this made of? It looks like no metal I've ever seen. And I agree with Morganst. The bars are too awkward to take now. Let's box them back up and leave it for now."

He picks up the dagger. "Some of the goods on the other hand, could be useful now. Abe or Faldor, could you make use of this." He hefts the dagger.

added items to party treasure list at the end of my profile. will take them off if anyone claims them.


Male Human Fighter 2

I again beg forgiveness to the post gods and Fakey and everyone who has been alive this past month, but i have not be around to pick my nose let alone post.
Out side i should catch up

Jaden aids the group is shareing the load,( not Frodo's ring of power what would be wrong, just heavy things) and packs as much stuff in is pack as he can. He does take note of the adamantine as it would cut thought trees like butter.Also big moveing pots, he should what the group wants to do with them.


Male Gnome Bard 2

Looking at the dagger Faldor thinks of all the famous warriors who used two blades before blurting out, "I'LL TAKE IT!"

After the outburst he quickly clamps both hands over his mouth and turns a nice red hue. "Um... That is if it's okay."


Male Halfling Paladin 2

"Sure. I do not fight with a knife."


male Human Druid 2
Jaden Thorm wrote:

I again beg forgiveness to the post gods and Fakey and everyone who has been alive this past month, but i have not be around to pick my nose let alone post.

Out side i should catch up
Jaden aids the group is shareing the load,( not Frodo's ring of power what would be wrong, just heavy things) and packs as much stuff in is pack as he can. He does take note of the adamantine as it would cut thought trees like butter.Also big moveing pots, he should what the group wants to do with them.

welcome back Jaden

Hozs offers to help carry things and loads the heavy bars into his pack. He hardly notices the extra weight, much like he does not notice the logic in waitng or any protestations.


Hozs Ferryman wrote:


Hozs offers to help carry things and loads the heavy bars into his pack. He hardly notices the extra weight, much like he does not notice the logic in waitng or any protestations.

There is at least 100 pound of adamantine and 50 pounds of mithral there, I doubt your pack can hold that. LOL.


Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?

Effan sits on the bottom stair. He pulls out a bit of food and his waterskin. He takes a few bites and some sips while he waits for Hozs to realize that he won't be able to carry the adamantine loaded pack.

"So what's next? Down the stairs in the wolf room? Or through the secret door in the armoury?"


Male Gnome Bard 2

"Let's check out that secret passage. I've always wondered what is actually behind secret doors." Faldor seems to nearly glow with the idea of exploring into something that has secret in the name.


M Human Scout 2
Faldor O'Gistoresh wrote:
"Let's check out that secret passage. I've always wondered what is actually behind secret doors." Faldor seems to nearly glow with the idea of exploring into something that has secret in the name.

"Hurrmmm... Sometimes, somesuch things not be right-like being un-secreted, eh?"


Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?

"Gurtlekep seemed friendly with the wolf. Maybe it was guarding the kobald's front door. I'll bet if we take the staris we run into them right away. The secret door might let us sneak in behind them, might lead nowhere. I vote for the secret door."


male Human Druid 2
The False DM wrote:
Hozs Ferryman wrote:


Hozs offers to help carry things and loads the heavy bars into his pack. He hardly notices the extra weight, much like he does not notice the logic in waitng or any protestations.
There is at least 100 pound of adamantine and 50 pounds of mithral there, I doubt your pack can hold that. LOL.

"uhmmm... its a magical pack. See I just load up 20 of these and 20 of those and Uhmmm..." The man's tongue sticks out and his eyes roll toward loftier realms. When he eventually finds what he was looking for he adds, "Tada! See it's not so bad."

"Uhmmm... shhhh... (secret door) he whispers."


Male Gnome Bard 2

Faldor looks around begins to fidget and finally sighs with impatience and heads towards the main building. As he gets closer to the main entrance he begins to slow hoping one of the taller folk actually gets there before him his bravery slipping away with the thought of being swallowed by any more cookery.


M Human Scout 2
Effan Effluvium wrote:
"Gurtlekep seemed friendly with the wolf. Maybe it was guarding the kobald's front door. I'll bet if we take the staris we run into them right away. The secret door might let us sneak in behind them, might lead nowhere. I vote for the secret door."

"Yea, sez I. F++&in' kobolds..."


male Human Druid 2
Faldor O'Gistoresh wrote:
... of being swallowed by any more cookery.

Hozs gulps while following the small one. "errr... or anvils..."


Male Halfling Paladin 2

Abe and Leo catch up to Faldor.

"Where are we going?"


Male Gnome Bard 2

"Going to uncover secrets best left covered" Faldor seems to be partially holding back a skipping walk with the idea of new secrets.


Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?

"In through the front door then bend around to the right to the last door on the left."

Map INto the blacked out room at upper right.


M Human Scout 2
Effan Effluvium wrote:

"In through the front door then bend around to the right to the last door on the left."

Map INto the blacked out room at upper right.

Weren't we there before?


Male Gnome Bard 2

Effan and Hoz found the secret door but no one ever entered through the door.


Male Human Rogue 2

"Secret doors sound good to me." Morganst looks around at the others, then follows Faldor. Suddenly he stops and looks back.

"Maybe we should hide those bars first. It's not a good idea to wait until Hosz's back gives out on him first."

I'm not sure where you guys have been before... I'll follow your lead I guess.


male Human Druid 2
Morganst Loreane wrote:


"Maybe we should hide those bars first. It's not a good idea to wait until Hosz's back gives out on him first."

"Uhmmm... this many." Hozs holds up three hands with fingers stretched out wide to signify the power of his muscles. To emphasize his point he twirls Miss Stick, the only object of encumbrence on his person.


Male Human Rogue 2

Morganst looks at Hosz with a mixture of horror and disgust. "Uhh... Hosz, where did you find that severed hand? Most of us only have two?"

"Oh... I know you're strong enough there. But we may need you to carry out gold and loot. Or, uhh pretty sticks and shrubs?" Morganst looked over at the others, completely unsure of what else the druid. He pats him on the back.

"Which way are we going?"

1d20+11=20 to pick his pocket and remove the spider egg sac. He will casually toss it behind him to be squashed.


Male Gnome Sor 2 EP:?

Effan notices Morganst's expression as the man watches Hozs. The sorceror sidles up to Morganst and says quietly, "He's a bit simple, but that boy's heart is pure gold. He doesn't need anymore than that."

Hope Fakey's OK. He's had some tough times recently.


Male Halfling Paladin 2

Wow, me too. I just noticed how long it has been since he last posted.

Abe watches the exchange between the others, trotting anxiously back and forth.


M Human Scout 2
Morganst Loreane wrote:
Morganst looks at Hosz with a mixture of horror and disgust. "Uhh... Hosz, where did you find that severed hand? Most of us only have two?"

Oh, man, someone else caught that. I thought I was losing my mind again.


M Human Scout 2
Effan Effluvium wrote:
Hope Fakey's OK. He's had some tough times recently.

What's going on, exactly? Should I be worried?


simply M Draco Electricus Wannabeus Expert 1, Armchair Expert (PrC) 8,
Keegan Cawley wrote:
Morganst Loreane wrote:
Morganst looks at Hosz with a mixture of horror and disgust. "Uhh... Hosz, where did you find that severed hand? Most of us only have two?"
Oh, man, someone else caught that. I thought I was losing my mind again.

*grin* not that he can count passed two...

*sends fakey healing/happiness/wealthy cookies*

1,801 to 1,850 of 1,866 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / False Hope. Fakey's 'Hollow's Last Hope' PBP Game. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.