Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Thoughts of Darkness


Play-by-Post

51 to 100 of 348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human Beguiler 1
Dayenn Naight wrote:
Dayenn Naight wrote:
Darby wrote:
"Guests, sir?"
"Ahh! Derby, there you are! Help our guests to the spare room. No, don't worry about breakfast we'll be going out but we'll be back for lunch. If any clients call, tell them I'm just across the street. Good man, Derby!"
"Darby, sir."

"Odd duck, this one," Dayenn whispers across the room to Marius "Keeps repeating his own name back at me. Quite a traumatic life. I'll tell you all about it later."


Dayenn Naight wrote:
Dayenn Naight wrote:
Dayenn Naight wrote:
Darby wrote:
"Guests, sir?"
"Ahh! Derby, there you are! Help our guests to the spare room. No, don't worry about breakfast we'll be going out but we'll be back for lunch. If any clients call, tell them I'm just across the street. Good man, Derby!"
"Darby, sir."
"Odd duck, this one," Dayenn whispers across the room to Marius "Keeps repeating his own name back at me. Quite a traumatic life. I'll tell you all about it later."

Darby leaves the room with the bags, muttering "I can hear you, you pretentious jackass."

Dark Archive

For Darby

Spoiler:
Don't forget to mention to Dayenn the visitors who dropped by. Including the hottie across the street.


Radavel wrote:
For Darby** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:

Darby knows. He's just waiting until Dayenn is almost out the door. He does that to annoy Dayenn.

Dark Archive

For Darby

Spoiler:
I see. You are into Evil 101. Hiding the remote, rearranging the furniture, hurting the dog, all other really sick sh*t.

Dark Archive

For Vivienne Spot DC 15

Spoiler:
As you read the newspaper, you notice a group of five men go into the Professor's home. Two of them are not human.

Dark Archive

For Armand

Spoiler:
The barmaid returns with your breakfast and places it in front of you. "If you intend to go out, then I suggest you wait a few moments, while the gendarmes sort them sailors outside. I wouldn't want to you to be taken by them for questioning. Who knows what might happen to you?"


Just as the party is about to leave for the restaurant, Darby pops his head out and says "Off again so soon, Master Dayenn? It would be a shame if you were to miss the clients who visited yesterday and said they would return today -- a lovely young lady with rather dangerous eyes and an extremely well-spoken dwarf."


Male Human Beguiler 1
Darby wrote:
Just as the party is about to leave for the restaurant, Darby pops his head out and says "Off again so soon, Master Dayenn? It would be a shame if you were to miss the clients who visited yesterday and said they would return today -- a lovely young lady with rather dangerous eyes and an extremely well-spoken dwarf."

"We'll be back after breakfast Derbin. Too-da-loo."


Dayenn Naight wrote:
Darby wrote:
Just as the party is about to leave for the restaurant, Darby pops his head out and says "Off again so soon, Master Dayenn? It would be a shame if you were to miss the clients who visited yesterday and said they would return today -- a lovely young lady with rather dangerous eyes and an extremely well-spoken dwarf."
"We'll be back after breakfast Derbin. Too-da-loo."

The words "It's Darby, you jackass" get lost in the closing of the door.


Dayenn Naight wrote:
Darby wrote:
Just as the party is about to leave for the restaurant, Darby pops his head out and says "Off again so soon, Master Dayenn? It would be a shame if you were to miss the clients who visited yesterday and said they would return today -- a lovely young lady with rather dangerous eyes and an extremely well-spoken dwarf."
"We'll be back after breakfast Derbin. Too-da-loo."

Marius chuckles as he walks back out the door, leans over to Dayenn "I think that butler of yours is a bit draft in the head if you catch my drift..." makes a mental note to mess with Derbo as much as possible. "So whats for breakfast Professor and who is this woman we are supposed to meet?"


Male Human Beguiler 1
Marius D'Armon wrote:
Dayenn Naight wrote:
Darby wrote:
Just as the party is about to leave for the restaurant, Darby pops his head out and says "Off again so soon, Master Dayenn? It would be a shame if you were to miss the clients who visited yesterday and said they would return today -- a lovely young lady with rather dangerous eyes and an extremely well-spoken dwarf."
"We'll be back after breakfast Derbin. Too-da-loo."
Marius chuckles as he walks back out the door, leans over to Dayenn "I think that butler of yours is a bit draft in the head if you catch my drift..." makes a mental note to mess with Derbo as much as possible. "So whats for breakfast Professor and who is this woman we are supposed to meet?"

"For breakfast, meat ... bloody if possible and salted if not! As for a beauty with dangerous eyes, that could only be ... " says Dayenn opening the door to the restaurant and then reacting with surprise to see "... Vivienne?"

I realize we travelled at night and have yet to sleep. I think I mentioned elsewhere that sleep terrifies Dayenn. He's a real whack job.


Male Human Cleric 1
Darby wrote:
Just as the party is about to leave for the restaurant, Darby pops his head out and says "Off again so soon, Master Dayenn? It would be a shame if you were to miss the clients who visited yesterday and said they would return today -- a lovely young lady with rather dangerous eyes and an extremely well-spoken dwarf."

DWARF?!? I may be short and stout, but I'm no DWARF! Why that insolent manservant, I'll... @#&$!


Male Human Cleric 1
Radavel wrote:
For Armand** spoiler omitted **

"No worries lass, I heard the ruckus earlier and I intend to be no part of it. Thank you for the warning, though, Ezra bless you my dear."


Grim follows Dayenn in stunned silence.


Female Human Bard 1

Radavel:

Spoiler:

Spot (1d20 + 1=6)

These articles are very interesting. And this Darby will certainly send me a note, when the Professor arrives. If not, he will be veeery sorry.


Male Human Beguiler 1

The professor spots Vivienne in the restaurant and heads over to her table.

"Ms. Marais, I am having breakfast with some compatriots. You are welcome to join us or to meet me at the house afterwards if you prefer discretion."

We could move this thing along if everyone wants. We are basically all in the city and going to meet up today at the house one way or another.


Female Human Bard 1

"Not exactly what I wished for in our first meeting, Professor, but your colleagues are looking very distinguished. I am tempted to join you at your table." Vivienne folds the newspaper. "But only after an acceptable excuse has been given, for letting a lady wait for an appointment. It should be the other way round..."

If Vivienne appears to be bossy, tough art not mistaken...

Dark Archive

For Nathan

Spoiler:
There is something about the woman called "Vivienne" that reminds you of your wife. You couldn't place it right now.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Nathaniel follows the group to this ‘restaurant’, his grim façade barely concealing the fact that he is feeling very out of his depth in this city.

Upon noticing the woman to whom the professor speaks, the ranger seems somewhat unsettled. He stares at her for a moment, and then quickly looks away, looking around awkwardly for somewhere to sit.


Male Human Beguiler 1
Vivienne Marais wrote:
"Not exactly what I wished for in our first meeting, Professor, but your colleagues are looking very distinguished. I am tempted to join you at your table." Vivienne folds the newspaper. "But only after an acceptable excuse has been given, for letting a lady wait for an appointment. It should be the other way round..."

"An acceptable excuse is owed but it cannot be given. I cannot discuss my clients' affairs and it was a client that kept me away. All I can do is assure you that these gentlemen and I have walked through the dangerous woods all night so as not to make you wait any longer."

Vivienne Marais wrote:
If Vivienne appears to be bossy, tough art not mistaken...

Modelled after your wife, is she?


Male Human Beguiler 1
Dayenn Naight wrote:
Vivienne Marais wrote:


Vivienne Marais wrote:
If Vivienne appears to be bossy, tough art not mistaken...
Modelled after your wife, is she?

Inappropriate joke. Sorry. :-)


Female Human Bard 1

No offence taken.

"Owed, it is? Hmhm... and what? Still to be determined...? ... But yes, I will join your little party. One question first, as you are a master of hypnosis. I have heard, that some people see images from their past and sometimes even before that. Is it true? Have you been able to breach that barrier?"


To Witchy, quietly:

"She's hot"


Male Human Beguiler 1
Vivienne Marais wrote:

No offence taken.

"Owed, it is? Hmhm... and what? Still to be determined...? ... But yes, I will join your little party. One question first, as you are a master of hypnosis. I have heard, that some people see images from their past and sometimes even before that. Is it true? Have you been able to breach that barrier?"

"That's difficult to say. The mind is like a house of mirrors shrouded in fog. When we look inward we see things that may not be substantial" says Dayenn.

'Damn, she's hot,' thinks Dayenn.

"Respectfully, Miss Marais, we should continue this discussion on my couch ... I mean, with you on my couch ... and me a safe distance away in my chair."

Dark Archive

For Dayenn, Grim, Marius, Nathaniel Vivienne and the Witchbrand

Spoiler:
The party gathers round a long table and in front of each is the order that he/she has given. The aroma of freshly cooked food is very tempting after eating a diet of hard tack and dried jerky.
Meanwhile the sun is already high up in the sky and the café’s regulars are slowly filling the empty tables. Luckily, the tables are sufficiently spaced to permit confidential conversation.

For Armand

Spoiler:
The activity outside your inn has subsided. You peer outside and the gendarmes and their charges are no longer there. Activity in the docks is returning to normal.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Nathaniel, looking as out of place as ever, hunches over his plate and eats hastily, not making eye contact with anyone unless spoken to.


Male Human Beguiler 1
Nathaniel Greenfellow wrote:
Nathaniel, looking as out of place as ever, hunches over his plate and eats hastily, not making eye contact with anyone unless spoken to.

Dayenn tries to catch Marius' eye and jerks his head in the direction of Greenfellow, mouthing the word 'trauma' as he does.

Dark Archive

For Darby

Spoiler:
There is a knock on the door. Peering through the peephole, you see a gendarme. Opening the door, the gendarme asks you, "Professor Dayenn Naight, I presume."


Radavel wrote:
For Darby** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Darby opens the door. "'Professor' Dayenn Naight," he says with ironic intonation on the title 'professor' "Is across the street feeding some creatures he seems to have found in the woods. I'm not sure if it is generousity or a desire for companionship that motivates him to bring such unfortunates home. In either case, 'Professor' Naight can be found just over there." Darby points helpfully and shuts the door if the gendarme looks away.


Dayenn Naight wrote:
Nathaniel Greenfellow wrote:
Nathaniel, looking as out of place as ever, hunches over his plate and eats hastily, not making eye contact with anyone unless spoken to.
Dayenn tries to catch Marius' eye and jerks his head in the direction of Greenfellow, mouthing the word 'trauma' as he does.

In as subtle a gestures as is humanly possible Marius gestures to Dayenn that he thinks nathaniel is "Boonkers!!" before turning to Nathaniel and politely asking him "So friend whens the last time you ate? cause I have only seen pigs eat that fast" smiles evilly


Male Caliban Druid 1
Marius D'Armon wrote:
Dayenn Naight wrote:
Nathaniel Greenfellow wrote:
Nathaniel, looking as out of place as ever, hunches over his plate and eats hastily, not making eye contact with anyone unless spoken to.
Dayenn tries to catch Marius' eye and jerks his head in the direction of Greenfellow, mouthing the word 'trauma' as he does.
In as subtle a gestures as is humanly possible Marius gestures to Dayenn that he thinks nathaniel is "Boonkers!!" before turning to Nathaniel and politely asking him "So friend whens the last time you ate? cause I have only seen pigs eat that fast" smiles evilly

"I would be careful, D'Armon. We're tolerating you for now, but that may well change if you outstay your welcome.


"thats not a threat is it? cause I am sure the Doc here" motions to Dayenn "would disagree with you entirely. sides if you have a problem with my opinion we can just take this outside...though I imagine the lovely lady here wouldn't want breakfast ruined by you starting a fight..."


Male Caliban Druid 1
Marius D'Armon wrote:
"thats not a threat is it? cause I am sure the Doc here" motions to Dayenn "would disagree with you entirely. sides if you have a problem with my opinion we can just take this outside...though I imagine the lovely lady here wouldn't want breakfast ruined by you starting a fight..."

"Neither would I. However, Haelyn," he pats his snake's head affectionately, "hasn't had breakfast yet. You'd best hope it stays that way."


"Shivering in my bootssss" chuckles


Male Human Beguiler 1
The Witchbrand wrote:
Marius D'Armon wrote:
"thats not a threat is it? cause I am sure the Doc here" motions to Dayenn "would disagree with you entirely. sides if you have a problem with my opinion we can just take this outside...though I imagine the lovely lady here wouldn't want breakfast ruined by you starting a fight..."
"Neither would I. However, Haelyn," he pats his snake's head affectionately, "hasn't had breakfast yet. You'd best hope it stays that way."

Dayenn looks at Witchbrand's snake and rolls his eyes. He considers pulling out his makeshift journal and making a note but recalls the argument last night about that and thinks better of it.

"Friends! Let food and good company win the day here. Set aside these petty squabbles. I have a feeling this is going to be a glorious day," says Dayenn.


Male Human Ranger (Skirmisher) 3

Nathaniel looks up from his plate and gazes at Marius for a minute, contempt in his eyes, whilst he slowly and methodically chews the mouthful of food. The he glances at the Witchbrand, shakes his head slightly, and goes back to his food, having not spoken a word.


Female Human Bard 1

"Gentlemen, this childish behaviour has to cease. We'd be thrown out, if this bickering continues. And I can only recommend the Petit Fours, they are delicious. It'd would be such a shame, if you would not be able to taste them."

Then Vivienne focuses her gaze on Dayenn, "And what have you planned for today, Professor, that it will be so glorious?"


Male Human Beguiler 1
Vivienne Marais wrote:

"Gentlemen, this childish behaviour has to cease. We'd be thrown out, if this bickering continues. And I can only recommend the Petit Fours, they are delicious. It'd would be such a shame, if you would not be able to taste them."

Then Vivienne focuses her gaze on Dayenn, "And what have you planned for today, Professor, that it will be so glorious?"

"Glorious? Yes, it is, isn't it?" says Dayenn confused. "Tongues cut out, indeed."

Dayenn has not slept in some time and is totally exhausted. He sleeps as little as possible normally and the march through the woods last night wore him down. He's beginning to get giddy.

Dark Archive

The waiter whisper in Dayenn's ear, "Monsieur, this gentleman would like to speak with you in private." He indicates a gendarme. He appears to be bearing a letter.


Male Human Beguiler 1

Dayenn slips away from the table and stumbles his way to the gendarme.

If I recognize him: "Yes? You wanted to see me?"

If I do not recognize him: "Yes? I am Dayenn Naight?"


"Miss Marais, as I'm sure you've guessed, it's the first time I've ever visited a city and I'm very interested in learning what life is like here from the perspective of someone who has some experience."

Grim manages, incidentally, to use the right cutlery and abides by the culinary customs quite well, having been tutored in such things by his aunt.

Dark Archive

For Dayenn

Spoiler:

You don't recognize the gendarme, Dayenn.

The gendarme greets you, "Good morning, monsieur." He hands you a sealed envelope. The red wax seal embossed by the letter "G." After handing you the letter the gendarme politely keeps his distance.

You open it and find that it is an invitation to a party being hosted by Lord-Governor Marcel Guignol in honor of the convening of the Council of Brilliance. It seems that you are moving up in the world. The invitation also mentions that you must bring a date and masks. It is a masked ball.

At the bottom of the invitation are the letters "RSVP."

Dark Archive

For Grim and Witch

Spoiler:
You notice that other diners are eyeing you strangely. It appears that it is their first time to see your like.


Male Human Cleric 1

Downing the last goats milk Armand leans back in his chair and stretches his weary body.
With the hubub subsided outside it's time to get on with the day's duties. After scaling the squeaky stairs to his room he pours some more water into the cracked washbasin and finishes off his morning washing ritual, shaves and then sits down on the bed for a moment of quiet contemplation.
Feeling better after a moment in prayer to Ezra Armand dons the rest of his clothes and heads out the door to once again pay a visit to the professor's house.

Haven't cast any spells, so the ones memorized stay the same. They're listed under Spells on my character sheet


Grim is thinking of ordering a roasted baby in a loud voice....


Male Human Beguiler 1
Radavel wrote:

For Dayenn** spoiler omitted **

For Radavel:

Spoiler:

"Yes, I would be delighted to attend but I have ... guests staying with me at this time. I don't suppose the invitation could be extended to include them as well? If not, no matter. I'm sure they will find much to keep themselves occupied."


eats his food in silence looks over at Dayenn and the gendarme wondering whats going on


"Maybe they're looking for you, Marius."


Grimnebulin wrote:
"Maybe they're looking for you, Marius."

"Nahhh! couldn't be me I haven't killed anybody....lately" he says the last part under his breath

51 to 100 of 348 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Thoughts of Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.