Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gifts of the Golden Lord (Primemover003's PS-PbP start up)


Gamer Connection

101 to 150 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Eir Haakonen wrote:


A World Serpent Inn thread may be in order, so pbpers can mingle their PCs.

Ask and yuou shall receive!

The World Serpent Inn


For prime:

Spoiler:
I'm new to the PS world so I'd like a little help figuring out where my character is from and what deity he would serve. I'm playing a Tuladhara with the true neutral alignment. I want him to have spent most of his young life training to be a Druid and then, at the age of 16, to have entered a Druid deliberative that debate the nature of neutrality by slumbering and discussing. I want him to have spent the last twenty years slumbering, leaving his body tough but ultimately atrophied beyond the point of repair (hence my strength and dexterity). Luckily, his years of studying have left his mind is the greatest of shape. The deliberative has sent him out into the world to gain more information for study since they haven't seen the outside world for some twenty years or more. After gaining new information about the world he will eventually return to the deliberative.

As for his philosophy, it is that of true neutrality. He has the belief that there is no such thing as good and bad, only systems that work better for some people. And evil society is not bad if people are given the choice to leave the system if it doesn't work for them. Anyway, that's the main idea in a nutshell.

What I mostly want to know is what you suggest for a place of origin and a deity.


If you are new to the planes you could be a Prime who walked through the wrong door and.... survived.

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Alkuin there are several druidic deities that might fit. Yours is a passive system of Neutrality (odd for a scion of the Rilmani) so Silvanus would be a pretty good choice and you probably hail from the Celtic realms of Tir Na Og. An interesting choice for philosphy and very good for Planescape. You might look into either the Sign of One or the Believers of the Source as likely Factions to join due to their even-handedness and tolerance of all beings.

Here's the write up on the Oakfather from Wikipedia

Spoiler:
Silvanus believes in the preservation and balance of nature. He is one of the most observational and detached gods, yet quite philosophical, believing that one should examine the whole situation of things, rather than resorting the most efficient or popular solution. He is an environmentalist, believing that all forms of nature should be preserved, and any attempts to destroy nature must be vigorously opposed. Most of his followers work to preserve Balance between all opposing forces outside of nature too, leading to most being True Neutral in alignment


After looking over the rest of the group, I decided that the modron was going to end up being a boring stick (at best), or in a fight with a party member (at worst). So I built this guy instead.
Calgaich hails from Tir na Nog, loves puppies, and dark brown ale, and cracking skulls. He wants to be a Hero of Legend(tm). He doesn't particularly like being from the lower planes. Okay... he really dislikes them. Okay... he prefers to crak their heads to most any others.


Calgaich mac Guidd wrote:

After looking over the rest of the group, I decided that the modron was going to end up being a boring stick (at best), or in a fight with a party member (at worst). So I built this guy instead.

Calgaich hails from Tir na Nog, loves puppies, and dark brown ale, and cracking skulls. He wants to be a Hero of Legend(tm). He doesn't particularly like being from the lower planes. Okay... he really dislikes them. Okay... he prefers to crak their heads to most any others.

AWWWHHH! I was looking forward to someone playing a good modron. What was the name of the Modron from the planescape torment video game?


Schema wrote:
Calgaich mac Guidd wrote:

After looking over the rest of the group, I decided that the modron was going to end up being a boring stick (at best), or in a fight with a party member (at worst). So I built this guy instead.

Calgaich hails from Tir na Nog, loves puppies, and dark brown ale, and cracking skulls. He wants to be a Hero of Legend(tm). He doesn't particularly like being from the lower planes. Okay... he really dislikes them. Okay... he prefers to crak their heads to most any others.
AWWWHHH! I was looking forward to someone playing a good modron. What was the name of the Modron from the planescape torment video game?

Nordom, the backwards modron.

Cheliax

Prime, I'll post the stat block for my character tonight. Thanks for your patience.


Prime, can I take items from the Magic Item Compendium? BTW, HPs are maxed, right? Will finalize the background tomorrow....


Turko wrote:
Prime, can I take items from the Magic Item Compendium? BTW, HPs are maxed, right? Will finalize the background tomorrow....

I thought Hp were just maxed for first level?


DM - this guy is done bar the background. I have given him max first level hits and average rounded up for levels 2 and 3.

Turko - are you missing a feat? one at first, one at third, and one bonus fighter feat at first. Maybe stonechildren are different.

Team Serpent - Serpico is pretty open so he is not spoilered and I don't mind advice, insults, etc about the little guy. Just be aware that one day he will be casting fireball and kobolds regard all collateral damage as acceptable.

Cheers

Shadow Lodge

Calgaich, you can't be level three man. You have a +1LA. Or am I getting it wrong, meaning that I get to be a 3rd level character too (not including my +1 LA)


Serpico Fork-tongue III wrote:

DM - this guy is done bar the background. I have given him max first level hits and average rounded up for levels 2 and 3.

Turko - are you missing a feat? one at first, one at third, and one bonus fighter feat at first. Maybe stonechildren are different.

Team Serpent - Serpico is pretty open so he is not spoilered and I don't mind advice, insults, etc about the little guy. Just be aware that one day he will be casting fireball and kobolds regard all collateral damage as acceptable.

Cheers

I believe you are supposed to round down on level 2 then up on 3 repeat as per the DMs guide. Of course Prime could change this to suit his campaign.


PsionicFox wrote:
Calgaich, you can't be level three man. You have a +1LA. Or am I getting it wrong, meaning that I get to be a 3rd level character too (not including my +1 LA)

I understand it like you have said PhionicFox.


"I love shopping!"

but I don't, any suggestions on gear? Besides that I think I'm finished.


PsionicFox wrote:
Calgaich, you can't be level three man. You have a +1LA. Or am I getting it wrong, meaning that I get to be a 3rd level character too (not including my +1 LA)

fixed


prime

Everything but description and backstory done. Everything in the up and up for you?

Mackaye

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Just for kicks, let's max all you hp's.


prime-

Especially the faction feat.

Mackaye


Just the equipment list, description and background left to finish.


primemover003 wrote:
Just for kicks, let's max all you hp's.

????

Did you really say that?

Last time a DM said that to me I died.

Qadira

Turko wrote:
Just the equipment list, description and background left to finish.

and the feat?

Cheliax

French Wolf wrote:
Turko wrote:
Just the equipment list, description and background left to finish.
and the feat?

My understanding is that having only two hit dice, Turko is not entitled to a feat at 3rd level. When he gets a 3rd hit dice that is when he gets a feat, yes?


That is my understanding of applying LA and how I worked it in Beeler's campaign.

Qadira

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't want Mr Monkey Grip to miss out.

Cheers

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Mackaye wrote:

prime-

Especially the faction feat.

Mackaye

Cadence Whisper is ok... I like the debt aspect. Let's me throw a minor aside in here and there.

Correct Radvel, 2HD has only the level 1 feat, though you do have treasure for a 3rd level PC.


I need a little extra time on my background. But I decided not to go the Loki route.

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

That's all right... back ground can be leaked out over some time if you wish. Makes it more realistic, especially because you might not have worked with some of your fellow party members until now.

I'll be working on the first installment and have it posted either tomorrow or sunday (I've had a busy week).

Mackaye where did you find the Ring and Amulet? Stick to the DMG or MIC for equipment, anything else run by me first.


Serpico's background isn't deep enough to warrant that much effort. He is simply along for the ride.

MY PC is ready for final okay - DM.

Cheerssss


I created them from the DMG. I thought it would be more kosher than running around with a backpack full of potions and it actually makes the character worse since it takes magic slots and has the same action as drinking a potion.

But if you only want standard magic items I can go back to the potion route.

Mackaye


French Wolf wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't want Mr Monkey Grip to miss out.

Cheers

Thanks for your concern. I'll be getting two feats next level up. :D


primemover003 wrote:
Stick to the DMG or MIC for equipment, anything else run by me first.

Alright! :D

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Anyone not have an MIC??? Email me if you don't, I can help ya there... zeroxero3@yahoo.com

something the PHB2 doesn's include in their standard adventurers kit that I would recommend is the Potion Belt from the FRCS it holds 6 pots that you can draw as a Free action for 1gp. Masterwork holds 10, but is a little more costly 60gp.

Taldor

primemover003 wrote:

Anyone not have an MIC??? Email me if you don't, I can help ya there... zeroxero3@yahoo.com

what is MIC? Do you mean magic items compendium? Or microphone? Or is it some sort of chat program?

I need more hints with acronyms . . .


primemover003 wrote:

Anyone not have an MIC??? Email me if you don't, I can help ya there... zeroxero3@yahoo.com

something the PHB2 doesn's include in their standard adventurers kit that I would recommend is the Potion Belt from the FRCS it holds 6 pots that you can draw as a Free action for 1gp. Masterwork holds 10, but is a little more costly 60gp.

Those pots would so get broken in a melee. Just sayin.


In a metal sleeve I think a pot stands a pretty good chance of moderate punishment.


primemover003 wrote:
something the PHB2 doesn's include in their standard adventurers kit that I would recommend is the Potion Belt from the FRCS it holds 6 pots that you can draw as a Free action for 1gp. Masterwork holds 10, but is a little more costly 60gp.

Is there a scroll version. With 4 Strength, scrolls have been homemade over "heavy" 1oz potions. Something like a quick release scrollcase (that doesn't weigh much itself.

I have the MIC but I rarely look at it.

Cheersss


Serpico Fork-tongue III wrote:
primemover003 wrote:
something the PHB2 doesn's include in their standard adventurers kit that I would recommend is the Potion Belt from the FRCS it holds 6 pots that you can draw as a Free action for 1gp. Masterwork holds 10, but is a little more costly 60gp.

Is there a scroll version. With 4 Strength, scrolls have been homemade over "heavy" 1oz potions. Something like a quick release scrollcase (that doesn't weigh much itself.

I have the MIC but I rarely look at it.

Cheersss

I'm willing to carry your excess equipment. Also, I believe there is `a scroll belt.

BTW, anyone recall the issues of Dragon Mag where the Chainmail factions are featured? Thanks.

:D


Turko wrote:


I'm willing to carry your excess equipment. Also, I believe there is `a scroll belt.

BTW, anyone recall the issues of Dragon Mag where the Chainmail factions are featured? Thanks.

:D

Food and drink would be good. I can just about manage the rest.

Ta

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Hey all sorry I didn't post anything over the weekend but we had a death my wifes family so I'm kinda helping with all the arrangements and such. I'll get something started in the next few days or so however.


Sorry to hear about that, pm.

Take your time, dude.

Qadira

All the best to you and your family.

Regards
Andy

Cheliax

My symphathies to you and your family, PM. Take your time.

Taldor

I love RPGs but the real world comes first. Take whatever time you need, I don't think anyone here minds waiting.


Serpico Fork-tongue III wrote:


Is there a scroll version. With 4 Strength, scrolls have been homemade over "heavy" 1oz potions. Something like a quick release scrollcase (that doesn't weigh much itself.

There is, it's called a Scroll Organizer. It works like a potion belt, but for scrolls instead (free action to pull out, don't have to search for correct scroll if it's already in the Organizer).

It's seriously handy.

By the by - My character's not done yet, but I'll hopefully have some time at lunchtime today to get it all finished. I just need to buy gear, basically.

Oh, and Prime? Take your time mate, RL always needs to come first (even if it sucks).

Peace.


Getting info on Ysgard is hard. I'm gonna have to do a character bio that does not reveal my ignorance of the planes.

Hmmmmmm.

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kruelaid wrote:

Getting info on Ysgard is hard. I'm gonna have to do a character bio that does not reveal my ignorance of the planes.

Hmmmmmm.

What do you need to know?


Just need some reading.

If someone could direct me to a 4 dollar PDF I would be really pleased, and then I could begin asking questions.

Stuff on the net is pretty sketchy.


Does Planes of Chaos cover what I want?

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kruelaid wrote:
Does Planes of Chaos cover what I want?

Don't have it, but flipped through it years ago. I think that's the one you want.

101 to 150 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gaming / Gamer Connection / Gifts of the Golden Lord (Primemover003's PS-PbP start up) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.