Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Gifts of the Golden Lord (Primemover003's PS-PbP start up)


Gamer Connection

51 to 100 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Cheliax

primemover003 wrote:

Rad, the Stonechild is Go! You're gonna be hurting for hp's and skill points though... but from a guy who has a hard time playing anything other than humans (that bonus feat and +1skill pt /lvl is like crack) it's tough to go like that!

Starting Cash is as the DMG for 3rd level. No more than 1/4 of that may be spent on any one item. Magic Items from the DMG and MIC are kosher, run any other requests past me so I can look them up.

Psifox you make 6... so far the only role not filled is the skill monkey. Maybe a Lurk? Nathri are feral lil suckers! I still remember the illustration from the PSMC3 of them! Where is the PC write up of the Nathri?

I'll alternate levels with the monster class and the fighter class. Will get cracking.


You're a pbp maniac, Rad.

Cheliax

Just trying to get my money's worth for all the gaming products that I'd bought. :D

At a computer shop, buying a new laptop so I can do my work and pbp at the same time, wherever I may be....


With the exception of gear and background I think I got Karrin all put together, does anyone see anything missing? Information the DM might need?

"Wazzup, we gonna stomp stuff or what?"

"Eir Haakonen I totally love your hair! We should totally hang out or something I know this great bar and stuff , , ,"

(Karrin is 21 going on 16 and is quite needy for friendship)


Here is Schema the Telepath!


Karrin Kind wrote:


(Karrin is 21 going on 16 and is quite needy for friendship)

Does she like older men? (charm, psionic) Of course she does!


Karrin Kind wrote:


"Eir Haakonen I totally love your hair! We should totally hang out or something I know this great bar and stuff , , ,"

(Karrin is 21 going on 16 and is quite needy for friendship)

Great, Eir is 20 going on 35.


Radavel wrote:

Just trying to get my money's worth for all the gaming products that I'd bought. :D

At a computer shop, buying a new laptop so I can do my work and pbp at the same time, wherever I may be....

Lol.

Well, the truth is, that if you are gonna post daily for one, you might as well post daily for 3 or 4.


Awesome, I'm in!

I'm looking into something on the Druid or Bard track. Something to pull some back-up healing. Maybe a wonky multi-class. Not sure on race yet. I'll get it set-up tonight. I know I'm slowing everyone else down.

On another note, Kruelaid where you located at in the great abyss known as China? I'm in Shijiazhuang.

Alkuin


Alkuin wrote:

Awesome, I'm in!

I'm looking into something on the Druid or Bard track. Something to pull some back-up healing. Maybe a wonky multi-class. Not sure on race yet. I'll get it set-up tonight. I know I'm slowing everyone else down.

On another note, Kruelaid where you located at in the great abyss known as China? I'm in Shijiazhuang.

Alkuin

No frickin way, brother! Greetings!

I'm in Weihai, Shandong.


What're you doing there? I'm teaching English at a military academy.

Alkuin


I teach oral English, British lit, Shakespeare and writing at one of China's fine institutions of higher learning, Harbin Institute of Technology, Weihai campus.

Taldor

Kruelaid wrote:
I teach oral English, British lit, Shakespeare and writing at one of China's fine institutions of higher learning, Harbin Institute of Technology, Weihai campus.

interesting I just completed some TESL training. Small world.


Wow...smaller than I ever imagined.

Are you studying as well? I've been here for about six months now and I pretty much speak more Chinese than I do English on a daily basis. Perhaps we could trade study tips!

Alkuin

Taldor

Alkuin wrote:

Wow...smaller than I ever imagined.

Are you studying as well? I've been here for about six months now and I pretty much speak more Chinese than I do English on a daily basis. Perhaps we could trade study tips!

Alkuin

No I'm just tutoring students back home right now but I'm definitely thinking about teaching overseas. I was thinking Korea but I've heard a lot of good things about China.


DM:

Are you allowing the taking of feats if you don't have the reqs for it, just not usable unless you have the stats? Asking b/c I want to take some feats for when I'm wild shaped, but my base stats don't allow it.

Also, monster feats available for while in shape change?

Alkuin

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Alkuin wrote:
Are you allowing the taking of feats if you don't have the reqs for it, just not usable unless you have the stats? Asking b/c I want to take some feats for when I'm wild shaped, but my base stats don't allow it.

But you can't even Wild Shape yet, right? That would make it impossible.


Knowledge of the feat does not nessisarily mean that you can perform the feat because your body does not allow for it.

Example, we all know how to slam dunk a basketball, but our bodies prohibit it. So, were I able to grow two feet and jump twice as high I wouldn't need to re-learn how to slam dunk, it would just now be possible.

I could see someone knowing theoretically how to use Improved Grab long before their body allowed them to actually make use of it.

Alkuin

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Alkuin wrote:
I could see someone knowing theoretically how to use Improved Grab long before their body allowed them to actually make use of it.

I agree to some level (I understand what you mean), but mechanically I don't. But hey, that's not for me to decide - the DM, of course, will have final say.

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Alkuin wrote:

DM:

Are you allowing the taking of feats if you don't have the reqs for it, just not usable unless you have the stats? Asking b/c I want to take some feats for when I'm wild shaped, but my base stats don't allow it.

Also, monster feats available for while in shape change?

Alkuin

Ah, no... it's by the book folks. If you don't qualify, you don't qualify.


Roger!

I thought if any world would let this slide it would be PS so it was worth the question.

Mackaye is born! Have some stats in the profile and will work out possessions and backstory later today.

One think that needs GM okaying is using the Spontaneous Rejuvenation alternate Druid rules from PHB2.

Alkuin


Prime is it OK if I start with Mithral chain shirt for encumbrance reasons? its 1100gp and I plan on starting with no magic items or pots.

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Spontaneous Rejuv is cool, Schema a mithril shirt is practically the equivilent of +1 armor, which I already said no to. The 675gp limit is there for a reason.

The problem with most people starting above 1st level is that they blow all their money on one or two items and neglect support equipment. It's a recipe for a TPK... you never know when you'll need that extra +1 or the immunity to x that comes from a potion or scroll, vial of antitoxin, etc. Organically grown characters are more survivable than leveled up PC's IMX... I ususally use the MIC's new quick start rules for characters higher than 1st level which allows for more organic PC's. It works pretty well.

And Psionic Talent only adds 2 for the 1st time, then it's 1 pp per time taken so Psi Talent x4= 5pp, not 14


Talking to Karrin.

"... and I mean they NEVER wash. So anyway, they've got this berserker, Jurgal, who is the pinacle of gorgeous once you wash him and if you can ignore the scars and he was working me all evening, grabbing me and trying to force his way into my leathers and I figured you know, Eir, you might as well give the guy a go cuz he's probably gonna get chopped to bits on the next raid anyway and WHOA was I ever glad I took him up. I mean the guy was... was... well like this [Eir holds her hands up about 10 inches apart] and he tied me to the the freaking bed. What an animal. So, girl, take my word for it, Ysgardian berserkers are totally a go."


"Um wow, that really, really . . . interesting? You sure do know a lot about men! My father always said that men are wicked creatures that would lead a woman to sin, or something, he didn't really say how though . . . hmmm, do you know how a man could lead a woman to sin?"

<Karrin probably has no idea what "like this" means. She seems very interested none the less.>


primemover003 wrote:

Spontaneous Rejuv is cool, Schema a mithril shirt is practically the equivalent of +1 armor, which I already said no to. The 675gp limit is there for a reason.

Not a problem

primemover003 wrote:


And Psionic Talent only adds 2 for the 1st time, then it's 1 pp per time taken so Psi Talent x4= 5pp, not 14

I'm sorry but I think you need to reread the feat sir. It specificially says that each time you take the feat the number of power points you gain is increased by one. Then they give the following example: you gain three power pionts for taking this feat a second time.

So 1st time is 2, 2nd is 3, 3rd is 4, 4th is 5 =14 bonus points.

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

Yep you're right... I'm was at work and only glanced at the SRD (which doesn't have the example). Hmmm... maybe I should look at that for my current PsyWar.


Karrin Kind wrote:

"Um wow, that really, really . . . interesting? You sure do know a lot about men! My father always said that men are wicked creatures that would lead a woman to sin, or something, he didn't really say how though . . . hmmm, do you know how a man could lead a woman to sin?"

<Karrin probably has no idea what "like this" means. She seems very interested none the less.>

Why hello ladies ... did I mention I was from Ysgard?


"Hey handsome."

She looks... down there.

"You buying?"

Looks at Karrin.

"You should start with something a little more... humanoid. Then work your way up."

Eir lloks back and smiles at the Bariaur.


primemover003 wrote:
Yep you're right... I'm was at work and only glanced at the SRD (which doesn't have the example). Hmmm... maybe I should look at that for my current PsyWar.

It is nice because Psywar get more feats than psions (You could really crank your Pts). However, a Psywars feats are a lot more needed (IMO) than psi points.


So prime, are you recommending taking a lot of expendables like pots and powerstones etc.? I wasn't really considering this because I didn't want to take advantage of the system. It was always my view that most magic items are difficult to purchase (with the possible exception of healing pots at temples or the like). If you recommend the contrary however....I guess we are working for a trade company!


Eir Haakonen wrote:

"Hey handsome."

She looks... down there.

"You buying?"

Looks at Karrin.

"You should start with something a little more... humanoid. Then work your way up."

Eir lloks back and smiles at the Bariaur.

"Lady, I'm nothing if not accomodating." The muscled bariaur gives a feral grin.

Heh. We so have to figure out a way to cross over these two campaigns...


Thorn of Clovenwood wrote:


Heh. We so have to figure out a way to cross over these two campaigns...

That would be an Adventure indeed!


Eir Haakonen wrote:


"You should start with something a little more... humanoid. Then work your way up."

"Ok!"

<big smiles . . . completely oblivious>


Dm Prime,

Eir would like a couple of bottles of wine from Baldur's halls to give as gifts.

Are such things within the realm of acquirable?


Thorn of Clovenwood wrote:

"Lady, I'm nothing if not accomodating." The muscled bariaur gives a feral grin.

"It's looks like I'm the one that will have to do the accommodating. What was your name again... ummm... Thorn of Long-wood?"

A World Serpent Inn thread may be in order, so pbpers can mingle their PCs.


"I'd like to mingle.." smiles the ugly little runt of a kobold. "Sespecially wiss you femalessssss, kiss kiss."


"Excuse me, smutty newt, but we are having a conversation."


"And would you mind keeping the toad OFF the table please?"


"Hey, we're not judging you on looks. Don't send us that trouble"

*Makes a point of showing his poison barb*


"What in the name of Odin!?"

"Well... what the heck. There's still room so you might as well take a seat."

Eir orders another round of drinks.


Fezrik grins, showing wickedly sharp, pointed teeth.

"Obliged."

He leaps up onto a seat, his legs dangling over the edge.

"For a human, you sure are a pretty one."

Again, that toothy grin.


"So why are we here, again?"


"SSo Sssorriee, toad free tea from pussle outsise." With that Serpico chomps the toad and joins the girls.

"Wot you srinking, girlssss. Get you very sick and eeesssy for me."

Alias still has plenty to be updated this week including a possible familiar. Working on spells at the moment.

Taldor RPG Superstar 2013 Top 4, RPG Superstar 2011 Top 16

You query one of the spunky Gnomish serving girls of the World Serpent about it and she replies, "Why yes we do have a wide selection of Ysgardian vintages. A Fine bottle of Baldur's best is only 10gp. We also have a single bottle of sparkling cider from the orchards of Idun, though it is 10,000gp."

...A crossover would be very interesting!


Serpico Fork-tongue III wrote:

"SSo Sssorriee, toad free tea from pussle outsise." With that Serpico chomps the toad and joins the girls.

"Wot you srinking, girlssss. Get you very sick and eeesssy for me."

Schema watches the scene develop before him and thinks to himself, "Feminine whiles. The most rudimentary form of charm person."

Taldor

Serpico Fork-tongue III wrote:


"Wot you srinking, girlssss. Get you very sick and eeesssy for me."

"I'm drinking grog!"

<Karrin holds up a big mug of the stuff, secretly hoping to impress her new friends by showing how mature she is by being able to drink the cheap and disgusting booze>

Qadira

Serpico burps a breath of toad over the table and his tongue waves over the grog and then returns the smell and taste of the drink to his nostrils.

"Iss sorrie for sisss," apologises the well-mannered wizard.

"Smellss goo. Have one of siss pleeses," he continues to the bar staff.

51 to 100 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gaming / Gamer Connection / Gifts of the Golden Lord (Primemover003's PS-PbP start up) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.