Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Other Eberron Campaign


Play-by-Post

151 to 200 of 1,601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Varies (tends towards Male) Changeling Warlock 3

"I'm... better with my tongue than my fists," he gave a crass wink in Mirra's direction. "Not much of a fighter. That's... about the best of it, and some very mild, uh... sorcerous talent."

The half-elf grinned. "I'm not gonna be much help here, so I'll just stay out of ya'lls way. That sound good?"


Male Human Ardent 5 / Flayerspawn 1
Rayne wrote:

"I'm... better with my tongue than my fists," he gave a crass wink in Mirra's direction. "Not much of a fighter. That's... about the best of it, and some very mild, uh... sorcerous talent."

The half-elf grinned. "I'm not gonna be much help here, so I'll just stay out of ya'lls way. That sound good?"

Benedetto wonders why a fellow who isn't 'much of a fighter' would be wearing armor and carrying a dagger, but that line of thought wasn't going to get anyone anywhere. The half-elf doesn't want to pull steel, that's his choice.

Benedetto turns to ask Colvare a question, but then suddenly, and badly, misunderstands Rayne.

"Fair 'nuff. I grew up 'round folks who are, like you say, skilled with their tongues, too. You hang tight till the time comes, and when we find the killer, we'll let you get inside his head."


M Elf (Aeranal) Cleric 2
Shagraat wrote:
Turning to Hamathin, "This footprint you've found. Is it humanoid? Does it point away from the corpse, and if so, in which direction. Let's start this hunt."

Hamathin points it out to the hobgoblin. "Look here -- it's humanoid, but on the small side. Maybe a woman, or an elf? And barefoot."

Hamathin turns to the others to better introduce himself. "I am a priest of the Undying Court, with all that that implies. I have been granted today by my ancestors some divination magic and some healing charms. I also am comfortable with the sword and bow, but, as you can see . . ." His voice trails off, and he shrugs.


Varies (tends towards Male) Changeling Warlock 3
Benedetto wrote:
"Fair 'nuff. I grew up 'round folks who are, like you say, skilled with their tongues, too. You hang tight till the time comes, and when we find the killer, we'll let you get inside his head."

Rayne's face twists in a panoply of confusion.

"Uhhhh.... sure. Just let me know."

What the hell have you gotten yourself into now?


Benedetto wrote:
"As I said, I'm a guardsman."

Andrei nods at the group, pleased to know everyone's skills. "Excellent. I would suggest at the first that we attempt to shed some more light on the situation - literally."

"If there are no signs of a weapon, could it have been caused by magic?" He asked, his hand resting on his longsword again. "Perhaps we should find a way to draw our murderer to us. Any suggestions?" He asked, looking for assistance.

"Interrogation is good, but we need to capture the culprit first."


Female Half-elf Beguiler 3nd
Rayne wrote:

"I'm... better with my tongue than my fists," he gave a crass wink in Mirra's direction. "Not much of a fighter. That's... about the best of it, and some very mild, uh... sorcerous talent."

The half-elf grinned. "I'm not gonna be much help here, so I'll just stay out of ya'lls way. That sound good?"

Mirra turns to Rayne, "So you like to use your tongue do you. If your not careful it might get you in trouble."


Male Shifter (Longstride) Barbarian 2/Fighter 1

"Let's get it on then. Waitin's not me strength."


Varies (tends towards Male) Changeling Warlock 3
Mirra d'Medani wrote:
"So you like to use your tongue do you. If your not careful it might get you in trouble."

Rayne grinned impishly.

"It certainly wouldn't be the first time, ma'am."


Mirra d'Medani wrote:
"So you like to use your tongue do you. If your not careful it might get you in trouble."
Rayne wrote:

Rayne grinned impishly.

"It certainly wouldn't be the first time, ma'am."

I'm feeling dirty, yet curiously aroused.

While Mirra and Rayne flirt, does anyone have a defined plan?


M Hobgoblin Monk 3

"Hit iss time to hunt - yess?" There's a rapid, percussive quality to his voice similar to the rumble a conversing lion might make - but quieter. It distorts his words. Looking at him, his canines look more pronounced and he has fallen into a subtle fighting stance.

"Theeeese back exitss probably go to another two story chamber like thisss." This is followed by an unintelligible string of what might be goblin tongue.

Move Silently 14
Spot 17
Listen 13

Shagraat pads as quietly as possible towards the rear exit of this room, heading directly into the deepest darkness available. Is there a door that must be opened or is it just an arch into a further room?


Male Human Ardent 5 / Flayerspawn 1

Benedetto follows / bellwethers the group along.

"Remember, first one in a room, look up, as well as around. Last one in a room, take a good look behind."


Shagraat wrote:

"Hit iss time to hunt - yess?" There's a rapid, percussive quality to his voice similar to the rumble a conversing lion might make - but quieter. It distorts his words. Looking at him, his canines look more pronounced and he has fallen into a subtle fighting stance.

"Theeeese back exitss probably go to another two story chamber like thisss." This is followed by an unintelligible string of what might be goblin tongue.

Move Silently 14
Spot 17
Listen 13

Shagraat pads as quietly as possible towards the rear exit of this room, heading directly into the deepest darkness available. Is there a door that must be opened or is it just an arch into a further room?

It's just an arch.


By the way, as a note to everyone, there isn't much point rolling perception checks unless I tell you to. Given the medium we play in, I'm not going to penalise you if you haven't rolled a check where it would have been helpful, but you didn't necessarily know - you might just not have got round to posting, rather than failing to be perceptive. So I will always ask for one if there is anything to see or hear.


M Hobgoblin Monk 3

Sorry - still test driving these new dice to shake out all the crappy rolls. BTW, I have a 5 for profession(cabinet maker). And a fantastic 6 for swim! I'm just going to keep rolling.


M Elf (Aeranal) Cleric 2

"Light, I can do," offers Hamathin. He strikes a sunrod. "I'll bring up the rear, to let Shagraat have his shadows."


Male Shifter (Longstride) Barbarian 2/Fighter 1

"Ah can see better in glum than others. Ah'll follow Shagraat."


Male Human Sorcerer 3

Ok, so we are in a group, I am in the middle, with a glowing bolt, and Hamathin is at the back with a lit sunrod. Shagrat and Urthona are heading for the back archway? Is that right?


Female Half-elf Beguiler 3nd

Mirra digs in her beltpouch and pulls out a piece of paper "One second, this might help later." She walks over to the foot print and lays the paper over it and lightly presses down. Pulling up the print on the paper she waves it in the air to dry it and then rolls it up on puts it back in her pouch.

"Ok I think we have figured out that Rayne will cower in the middle with everyone else around him and Urthona and Shagraat will be our scouts. Lets go." Mirra throws a smirk at Rayne as she draws her sword and dagger.


Male Human Sorcerer 3
Mirra d'Medani wrote:

Mirra digs in her beltpouch and pulls out a piece of paper "One second, this might help later." She walks over to the foot print and lays the paper over it and lightly presses down. Pulling up the print on the paper she waves it in the air to dry it and then rolls it up on puts it back in her pouch.

"Ok I think we have figured out that Rayne will cower in the middle with everyone else around him and Urthona and Shagraat will be our scouts. Lets go." Mirra throws a smirk at Rayne as she draws her sword and dagger.

Colvare seems to have recovered from his momentary wrath. With a grin to Mirra:

"Ahem...Both Myself and Rayne will be cowering in the middle, if you please. After you..."


Taking the lead, Andrei moves into the nearest room, taking care to scan the ceiling, as well as the ground.
"Everyone, stay close." The Knight said, quietly.

I rolled a six. :(


Male Human Sorcerer 3

Spot: 1d20+3=11

Colvare takes a not so good look aroun on the way in, taking care to be at the center of the group and to keep the bolt high to illuminate as much as possible.


Male Shifter (Longstride) Barbarian 2/Fighter 1

Urthona follows close on the heels of the knight, as the group enters the next room, longsword drawn, ready for action.


M Elf (Aeranal) Cleric 2

For lack of a better weapon, Hamathin carries his dagger in one hand, with the sunrod in the other.


Female Half-elf Beguiler 3nd

Mirra walks just ahead of the light source. This is a lot better than following some cheating husband. The thing I don't get is how the owner of the small feet could pull the man up and over the railing? And why bare feet?
These thoughts run though Mirra's head as the group attempts to quietly search the rooms.


The party gradually start moving through the museum galleries, moving cautiously among the exhibits. At this level, they can look down on the cases and displays, the exhibits in the galleries mostly composed of wall cases with various items - dwarven artefacts recovered from Frostfell, armour and weapons dating back to Karrn the Conquerer, even the odd item supposedly dating back to the time of Lhazaar the Navigator. But eyes are not on the historical treasures but on the eerily dark and quiet - no sign of life, even, oddly from any guards, which surely could be expected. That is, until...

The party enters a new hall. At first all is dark, and then suddenly a light is shining from the next hall along, though it seems to be simply the feeble glow of a lantern. A voice - a man's - suddenly calls out in outrage.

"Wha..! What are you doing!? How did you get in here!?"

Then a woman.

"Professor, no! Get back!"

There is the rasp of a large weapon being drawn from a sheath, and then the man again.

"No, NO!!" The last turning into a scream that is abruptly cut short with a wet, crunching sound.

Then a third voice, deep, inhuman, rumbling.

"Karok ta gro!"

If you speak Giant:

Spoiler:
"Kill her!"

At this a yelling immediately ensues from multiple throats.

If you speak Elven:

Spoiler:
Various shouts, in a fairly difficult Elvish dialect, along the lines of: "Get her!" "Take her!" "For the Great One!"

There is a pounding of booted feet and a woman, dressed in leather armour and with a longsword belted at her waist, runs in at full tilt into the hall the party are in, her dark hair flying behind her.

Spoiler for Colvare and Andrei:

Spoiler:
It's Alidaber.

Almost immediately after come five elves - black-skinned, but with strange whorls of white in patterns across their limbs and faces. They shriek blood-curdling warcries in their native tongue and whirl long, bladed chains about their heads, their armour seemingly scraps of crudely-stitched animal skins. Their bare feet slap on the cold marble floor.

As they dash into the hall, both notice the light from the lofted bolt in Colvare's hand. The woman barely stops but yells, "RUN!"

The elves pull up short in surprise, giving the woman a brief head start as she hurtles between the dioramas. The leader, with a few brief hand-signals, sends four of his number up the stairs to the gallery, and then sets off alone in renewed pursuit of the woman.


Male Human Sorcerer 3

"Alidaber!"

Initiative: (1d20+2=15)

On my go.

Spoiler:

Colvare stops, and with a gutteral shout, and a wave of one fist, throws a bolt of deep orange flame directly at the elf chasing his old friend

Magic Missile Damage: (1d4 1=2)


(It might be better to post in sequence - you don't know where you are yet.)


Male Human Sorcerer 3
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
(It might be better to post in sequence - you don't know where you are yet.)

After reading through both of your other pbps, I thought you might say that!

I will copy out of the spoiler into sequence when the dastardly Americans wake up, and we have an order.

Just for future reference, that is my standard action in combat, cover my friends with fire-spells.


M Elf (Aeranal) Cleric 2

Rubs eyesYeah, yeah, what is it? Oh, init -- 14+1=15


Male Human Ardent 5 / Flayerspawn 1

Benedetto calls out "Stop that lone elf."

Initiative 1d20+1 = 16

What's our range to the leader elf?


M Hobgoblin Monk 3

Initiative (d20)9 + 7 = 16.


Male Human Sorcerer 3

So, initiative wise that's:

  • Shagraat(16)
  • Benedetto(16)
  • Colvare(15)
  • Hamathin(15)

up to now....

As for range, Aubrey said the rooms are around 100ft long, and 30ft high, I would guess the gallery is 20ft up. As I read it they have come out of the same side of the hall as we are on the gallary, so we are up, they are down. Also, I would guess both groups start a little in, so ranges should be somewhere less than 100ft, or round about.....

That a good guess Aubrey?


Male Shifter (Longstride) Barbarian 2/Fighter 1

Initiative (1d20 3=9)


Female Half-elf Beguiler 3nd

Init 2+1= 3 Awesome

Mirra sees the women running towards them and some darks skinned elves running after her. Wells those chains would pull that poor man up pretty easy and that must be Krone.

Would most people in Khorvaire know what drow are ?


Mirra d'Medani wrote:
Would most people in Khorvaire know what drow are ?

An elf or half-elf would. Anyone else - a DC 10 Knowledge (Nature) or (History) check. But you recognise them as players, so not to worry.


Colvare wrote:

As for range, Aubrey said the rooms are around 100ft long, and 30ft high, I would guess the gallery is 20ft up. As I read it they have come out of the same side of the hall as we are on the gallary, so we are up, they are down. Also, I would guess both groups start a little in, so ranges should be somewhere less than 100ft, or round about.....

That a good guess Aubrey?

Not bad. Be prepared for the first unleashing of coordinate-based combat in this PbP. A word of advice - draw a map, you will lose track of where people are otherwise, guaranteed.

The room is 100' long and 65' wide with the gallery, 10' wide, running around its perimeter. There are doors in the middle at either end, on the narrower sides at both levels. There are stairs running up to the galleries from the middle of both of the longer sides. There is room to move under the gallery, except where the stairs are located, the gallery being 20' above the main hall.

In coordinate terms, the letters A to M run west to east across the top, and the numbers 1 to 20 north to south down the side, each letter and number denoting a specific square on the battlemap. The PCs are approaching from the south, the drow have come in from the door in the north. The gallery therefore occupies the squares A-B/1-20, C-K/1-2, C-K/19-20, and L-M/1-20. The doors are at at G1 and G20, the stairs at A/9-12 and M/9-12 and run upwards in a north to south direction.

Please place yourelves on the map, somewhere in A-M/19-20. The drow are at G5 (the leader), H4, F3, G2 and G1. Alidaber is at G9.

Initiative so far:
Alidaber 22
Shagraat 16+
Benedetto 16-
Colvare 15+
Hamathin 15-
Drow 13
Urthona 9
Mirra 3

Waiting for Andrei and Rayne.


M Elf (Aeranal) Cleric 2

I'm bringing up the rear, so G20. Where's the girl? Also, is Colvare right that we're all upstairs, and they're all downstairs?

EDIT: Editing while I'm replying -- no fair! I take it Alidaber is the girl? Also, is paizo.com deadly slow for everyone today, or just me?


Hamathin wrote:

I'm bringing up the rear, so G20. Where's the girl? Also, is Colvare right that we're all upstairs, and they're all downstairs?

EDIT: Editing while I'm replying -- no fair! I take it Alidaber is the girl? Also, is paizo.com deadly slow for everyone today, or just me?

It does seem a bit slow, off and on. Colvare called out her name (maybe it was in his spoiler) so yes, she is Alidaber.


Male Shifter (Longstride) Barbarian 2/Fighter 1

My position should be I19.


Male Human Sorcerer 3

Put me at H19

As Aubrey said, when we hit my Init, I will be shouting Alidaber's name.

Aubrey:

Spoiler:
Aubrey, how much chatter can we get off? I am guessing that whoever shouted in Giant, we haven't seen yet?


Colvare wrote:

Put me at H19

As Aubrey said, when we hit my Init, I will be shouting Alidaber's name.

Aubrey:
** spoiler omitted **

(In response to the spoiler - anything reasonably brief, within reason. You don't have to be in initiative order to talk, but bear in mind what you could say in six seconds or less.)


Male Human Sorcerer 3

"Guys, I'm guessing that whatever shouted in Giant, it wasn't these Elves!"


M Hobgoblin Monk 3

Sooooooooo slooooooooooooow. Reminds me of dialup!

So my initial position is K19. Are the woman and her pursuers running full tilt across the floor of the chamber, headed south? If so, it looks like the only chance of getting between her and her pursuers is to run full speed back into the room we just left and descend via a stair in that room. Was there such a stair, or am I best served running to the stairs at M9-12?

I don't want to over-complicate your combat by introducing a new room (to the south) if unnecessary - it just looks by the initial setup like they're going to do that for us, and I want to try and head off the pursuit.


Male Human Sorcerer 3
Shagraat wrote:
Are the woman and her pursuers running full tilt across the floor of the chamber, headed south? If so, it looks like the only chance of getting between her and her pursuers is to run full speed back into the room we just left

I don't know, I'd say the quickest would be a leap off the balcany! I have this cold feeling inside though that said woman is going to die before she makes it to the dorr, hence ending Aubrey's problem.


Female Half-elf Beguiler 3nd

I will be starting in F19.
Are we in the gallery or on the main floor?


Male Human Sorcerer 3

We are in the Gallery....


Varies (tends towards Male) Changeling Warlock 3

Init: 17 + 2 = 19. Put me in C19.


Someone roll for Andrei and place him on the map, and then we are good to go.


Shagraat wrote:

So my initial position is K19. Are the woman and her pursuers running full tilt across the floor of the chamber, headed south? If so, it looks like the only chance of getting between her and her pursuers is to run full speed back into the room we just left and descend via a stair in that room. Was there such a stair, or am I best served running to the stairs at M9-12?

I don't want to over-complicate your combat by introducing a new room (to the south) if unnecessary - it just looks by the initial setup like they're going to do that for us, and I want to try and head off the pursuit.

There is such a stair - the room you just vacated is basically identical to this one, so you should be able to compute your movement.

Qadira

Male Simian druid 12, poo-slinger 3, gator fan 3

My wife rolled a 3 + 1 = 4. If it's any consolation, Andrei, she's been ridiculed.

EDIT: He's placed at E19.

151 to 200 of 1,601 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Other Eberron Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.