Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Splintered Isles


Play-by-Post

201 to 250 of 1,609 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Roman spoiler

Spoiler:
Read that as you need to roll more damage.

For ease of use here is the next round of initiatives. Round 3 I believe.

Shulim 14
Fazaam 12
Yrar 10
Burning Dead Servant 7
Man from Jungle 6
Fudrick 4
Roman 3

Yrar-Kynlas


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

Yrar, burning mad , takes a step back from the blow. His groin ignites like a wick on a candle, then the rest of his body follows. Screaming and flailing his arms, the searing Half-Orc drops to the ground in an attempt to extinguish the flames.

5-foot step back before dropping to the ground

Burning guy's turn. FYI: Yrar does not like him.

The Exchange

Mr Firezombie looks about for a new target. At random the creature tries to clobber down onto Fazaam's head.

Attack roll 5, Damage would have been 6 points.

The blow whistles aimlessly past everyone.

Man in jungle's turn.


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

"Ah-HAH! You MISSED you foul fiery excuse for a torch!" Fazaam laughs at the creatures' wide swing. Hasan bravely peeks his head up over Fazaam's for a split second, and gives the creature a distinct raspberry.

Meanwhile, Fazaam's eyes quickly flick over the creature, noticing the oily trail from the burning thing to the flames.


Male Human Wizard 1

Back on my turn...

Shulim, his body weak from pain, fumbles for the [insert water container here], flinging its contents at the burning creature with a weak battlecry.

Fort save to prevent falling 'asleep': 1d20+1=17

I wasn't sure what kind of roll you would want for the water splashing, so I'll leave that to you, mister DM.

The Exchange

Shulim Al'Bheddah wrote:

Back on my turn...

Shulim, his body weak from pain, fumbles for the [insert water container here], flinging its contents at the burning creature with a weak battlecry.

Fort save to prevent falling 'asleep': 1d20+1=17

I wasn't sure what kind of roll you would want for the water splashing, so I'll leave that to you, mister DM.

Shulim is approximately 30 foot from the monster in the edge of the tall grass. He can take out his goatskin this round as a move action. He could move up 20 feet as another. In the end I'll need an attack roll for hosing my burning beast, ranged touch, range 10ft, damage roll 1d4 for effect on flames (high is good). Being on 0 hits you have few choices.

The man in the jungle will delay. Ghari that's you.

Fudrick over to you.


Would scanning the camp for something to use against this thing count as a full round action? Also would it allow AoO since I am not paying any attention. What about a 5' move away and scanning the camp?


Male Human Ranger 1 (XP826)

"Kraaaaakis!!" A leather-clad man burst from the shadowy verge of the forest, his hat flying from his head. Skirting the edge of the pit he charged into the melee, stabbing furiously at the burning man's back with his short sword. 14 to hit 5 damage if I can charge or flank, please adjust accordingly French Wolf. It looks like there's room for another melee opponent.


Roman Whiffs, Missing the firey beast at the surprise turn of events.

Spoiler:
Natural 1

The Exchange

Fudrick Boddymil wrote:
Would scanning the camp for something to use against this thing count as a full round action? Also would it allow AoO since I am not paying any attention. What about a 5' move away and scanning the camp?

My guess is that the supplies you brought in are in the centre of the camp, say about ten foot from you. There are jars of water there, i.e. 4 twenty pound clay jars sloshing with water. Scanning or spotting would be a move action and I think you could avoid an AoO especially if you step away from the monster.

The Exchange

Ghari ibn Ayyadi wrote:

"Kraaaaakis!!" A leather-clad man burst from the shadowy verge of the forest, his hat flying from his head. Skirting the edge of the pit he charged into the melee, stabbing furiously at the burning man's back with his short sword. 14 to hit 5 damage if I can charge or flank, please adjust accordingly French Wolf. It looks like there's room for another melee opponent.

Ghari you are fine to do this and you end up next to Roman.

A man crashes into the fight next to Roman, his sword cuts into the burning corpse, again to no avail.

The Exchange

Roman misses a beat as the man appears in the fight.

It is the end of the round but Shulim and Fudrick are still to confirm their actions. From now on I'd prefer to stick to one person's actions at a time so please do not post out of turn. That includes me!

Shulim/Fudrick to act next, end of round three.


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Copy that, try to post in initiative order. Just a note, my last out of order post had no actions, just trying to keep up the 'Cavalier Commentary', like this one! :)

Fazaam does a double take as a familiar voice is heard, and a familiar form throws itself into the fracas.

"Garyn? GARYN! I knew you were alive! Yer too dang stubborn to die!" Fazaam crows cheerfully.


With each blow struck the burning body continues to fight. Nothing seems to affect it and as the battle wears on the fire is on the verge of spreading to those in range. Sensing the parties desperation Fudrick shouts out, "GRAB THOSE CLAY WATER POTS! HIT HIM TO PUT THE FLAMES OUT." Fudrick take a swing at the creature hoping to knock it back into the pit or give the others enough time to act.

attack (1d20+1=9)

bleh


Male Human Wizard 1
French Wolf wrote:


He can take out his goatskin this round as a move action. He could move up 20 feet as another. In the end I'll need an attack roll for hosing my burning beast, ranged touch, range 10ft, damage roll 1d4 for effect on flames (high is good). Being on 0 hits you have few choices.[/ooc]

I don't have a +1 attack bonus, so I guess I'll just have to draw my waterskin out. Confirmed action: Drawing waterskin.

The Exchange

Shulim I believe its your go again. I'm trying to get everyone to note who's turn is next out of character because that should speed things up a bit. I could delay you until the end of the round but it doesn't seem fair when you are only getting one action. Remember that it is an improvised weapon and you are "firing" into combat.

Start of Round Four
Shulim 14
Fazaam 12
Yrar 10
Burning Dead Servant 7
Man from Jungle 6
Fudrick 4
Roman 3

Shulim's go.


Male Human Wizard 1

No worries.

Shulim, his waterskin at the ready, moves to get a clear shot at the charred cadaver - his footsteps unsteady. Aiming the now un-stoppered end, Shulim squeezes, spraying water at the flaming figure.

Move action - getting to 10' away from the monster.
Manual attack roll. I'm presuming DEX is the mod. Roll: 15-4+2=13.

Fazaam, you're up.

The Exchange

Shulim jets water at the creature, however his aim is off and he manages to cover Fazaam's back, just missing the monkey, Hasan. Then as the last drops drip out, Shulim's eyes roll up, going white then he slumps to the ground in a heap.

Second action, automatic -1 hit points.


Male Human Wizard 1

Damn, no dramatic victory leading to passing out for me!

You can do it guys!


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Batter Up!

Fazaam's joy at seeing his friend is interrupted by a wet feeling on his back.

"Hasan! He's not THAT scary! I know you didn't just,..."

He stops as he glances over his shoulder and sees the gnome, Shulim?, collapse to the ground next to the jars of water that Fudrick was shouting about.

"Hasan, roll!" He shouts suddenly, throwing himself backwards away from the flaming engine of destruction.

Fazaam's TUMBLE check (If needed): (1d20 7=19) Woo-Hoo!

He rolls backwards and regains his feet before the monster can take a swing at him, Hasan walking on top of his body as he rolled like a ball. The monkey barely has time to regain his grip on the ponytail before Fazaam lurches for the clay pots, Hasan screaming like a siren. Reaching them, he sticks his rapier's point into the ground, and grabs the already opened water jar with both hands.

"Gangway guys!" He shouts. "We need to douse the fire AS WELL as the beast! I think they might be connected! Soak 'em both!"

Actions, tumble to move w/out AoO from the thing to the water jars. drop weapon w/ flair! (free action) grab water jar (standard action)

Can I make a Knowledge check to figure out if the fire is indeed linked to this thing or not? I'm guessing right now from your posts info. If so, then:

Fazaam's KNOWLEDGE (Arcana) check: (1d20 8=11)

Hm, Maybe not! ;P

YRAR, Batter up!


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

Yrar puts out the flames in seconds from his thundering rolls on the ground. Cloths burnt and shredded to ruin, the Half-Orc stands as steam saunters upward, leaving his body. Staring at the corruption that caused his latest injuries with a death gaze, Yrar says nothing. The Half-Orc simply raises his maul, leaps towards the creature, screams at the top of his lungs, “YYYYYYRRRRRRRAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,” and swings.

Maul Attack (Roll 6+5=11), Damage (Roll 2+6=8)

The guy that Yrar does not like and the guy that Yrar cannot hit, yeah him. It is his turn.

The Exchange

No longer concerned by the half-orc and his wee hammer, the burning servant slams an arm towards Fudrick.

Attack roll 15, Damage (slam)2 + (fire)4. Reflex save DC12 or start burning like an acolyte of a sun god should.

As the creature turns, a large charred arm falls to the ground splattering oily blood around.

Ghari, fancy a go?


Male Human Ranger 1 (XP826)

Seconds into the fight, Ghari is already feeling overmatched, "What is this thing?" But there is nothing for it but to keep swinging.

Attack roll (1d20+2=13)

{url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1480001/]Damage (1d6+1=3)[/url]

Fazaam, I hope the water works.

Fudrick, you're up next.

The Exchange

Damage (1d6+1=3)

Your first bracket, Ghari. Problem with digits, I think.

The Exchange

Ghari's blow cuts into the charred flesh, and the creature turns baleful. Angry hot eyes fix on his next target.

Fudrick, over to you.


The burning undead slams its burning arm into Fudrick side. Knocking him off balance and catching his sleeve on fire. As the blow lands the creatures arm falls off. The stump pumping black, putrid blood onto the ground. The arm twitches a few times before going still.

Realizing he is now on fire, Fudrick starts screaming in pain. He drops to the ground to smother the flames.

reflex (1d20+3=8)

Roman is next I believe.

The Exchange

The second gnome hits the deck, but this one quickly dowses the flames with earth.

Unfortunately he lies at the feet of the monster.

Raging Roman


Male Half Sea Elf Druidic Avenger 1 XP 393

Ignoring the chaos around him, Roman sticks with the tried and true, beat on the thing until it stops moving.

Spoiler:
17+4 = 21 (didn't count flank) Damage = 6, well a 2 is better than a 1 but still....

The Exchange

Roman's quarterstaff thuds into the burning zombie and charred flesh flies away.

End of round four. Shulim next, I need a stabilisation roll, then Fazaam. Under the circumstances I'm not concerned if you post before Shulim.


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Fazaam checks his grip on the heavy water jar, and nimbly dashes back into the fray. "Ho there my fiery friend! You look thirsty, have a drink!" He laughs as he throws a splash of water towards the walking pyre,...

Chug as per ooc thread, -4 for improvised, +3 for Dex= -1 to hit touch AC

Fazaam's to 'Splash' & 'damage' rolls: (1d20-1=18, 1d10=3)

"Hah!" Fazaam crows, "Now cool down yah hothead!" He laughs.

1 splash left in the urn, Yrar, batter up!

The Exchange

The charred chest and face is now clearly visible as Fazaam's water sizzles away flames.


Male Human Ranger 1 (XP826)

Head and chest visible, check, but was the flaming horror visibly discomfited, annoyed, weakened?

The Exchange

Nope, disappointed, hurt feelings or even cooler temper.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

Yrar can’t seem to get over how much his singed crotch hurts as he takes another half-hearted swing at the fiery monster.

Sorry for the lackluster post, just real busy today, and I’m pissed that my dice are suckin’ balls right now. - Maul Attack (Roll 7+5=12), Damage (Roll 6+6=12)

stupid undead fiery jackass’s turn

The Exchange

The creature turns on the angry Roman and kicks up into his leg.

Oh boy, Attack roll natural 20, followed by a 16 confirmed critical hit, damage 7(slam)+1(fire) near minimum damage. Roman - Reflex save DC13 or you are on fire.

The kick impacts the druid's thigh and seems to stick there for an eternity.

Ghari go for it.


Male Human Ranger 1 (XP826)

Seeing the man beside him struck and his armour smoulder, Ghari knows he could be in trouble. He steps in, stabbing high, trying to attract the undead's attention. Then retreats, trying to keep his sword threateningly in-line with the undead's chest.

Net effect, attack and 5' step back. attack roll (1d20+2=19) damage (1d6+1=3)

If I can get him to focus on me, maybe I can do a full defense retreat and you guys can whack him in the back.

Fudrick, put some hurt on this thing.


Rolling around the ground a thought quickly passes through Fudricks mind, "Stop, drop, and roll. Who would have ever thought that simple phrase taught to school age children would be so important." Getting the last of the flames out he quickly scrambles to his feet. Eyes blazing in rage he swings his scimitar at the smoldering ruin of a man. "GRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. GO BACK TO THE AFTERLIFE YOU ABOMINATION". His weapon slowly arcs through the air before finally slicing into the creature.

Attack roll (1d20+1=19)

Crit Conf (1d20+1=5)

At least I got a hit in this time.

Damage roll (1d4=4)

Roman's turn

The Exchange

The scimitar slices a large gash in the zombie's chest. Momentarily the creature staggers and barely stays on its feet.


Roman gritting his teeth against the rising heat, continues to swing his staff.

Spoiler:
16+4=20 7damage

The Exchange

Logos wrote:
Roman gritting his teeth against the rising heat, continues to swing his staff. ** spoiler omitted **

Roman's staff smashes into the creature's neck, and it crumbles under the blow, slumping to the among everyone.

The charred head rolls away back into the fire.

130XP all round.


Male Human Ranger 1 (XP826)

"Well struck, friend!!" Ghari claps Roman on the shoulder. "Ghari ibn Ayyadi" He does a quick flourished semi-bow. "At your service and your family's."

"Hasan, you're safe! Get your worthless steed to give to me a hand over here with this little fellow." Ghari's wide grin belies his words though. He is obviously glad to see Fazaam too.

Waving for Fazaam to join him, Ghari hurries to the fallen Gnome (Shulim) and begins to examine him.

heal check (1d20 +4=11) maybe with a little help from Fazaam.

If Fazzaam and Ghari have a moment alone over the body , Ghari whispers,

Spoiler:
Good to see you, Fazaam. Sorry about running off like that. I was spooked. Are these guys ok?"


As the creature lays on the ground smoldering Fudrick can't help but wonder about his cousin. "Is this what has happened to Zatari? This abomination ... no this was once a man. He is not the abomination. Whatever foul creature created him is the cause of all this. We need to get to the dig site as soon as possible. But first we need to tend to our wounds. This thing was hard enough to bring down with all of us hacking away at it." Turning to the rest of the group he sees Ghari and says, "It is a welcome relief that you showed up when you did. This" pointing to the still smoking corpse, "man was proving to be tougher than he looked." Fudrick looks around at the others. He rushes over to Shulim and examines him.

Heal Check (1d20+4=8)

Gently checking his wounds Fudrick uses a strip of cloth to take the dart out and toss it into the fire. "I don't know if the poison is still in him or not, but I can bring him back from unconciousness. Do any of you know anything about poisons?" Pulling his wand out he closing his eyes and says a gentle prayer to Hettama. As the wand moves in slows circles above Shulim the top starts to glow and tiny golden sparkles flow from the wand down to his body. As the healing magic starts working the wounds, internal and external, start to mend. The color returns to Shulims face and he stirs slightly, looking at peace.

I expend enough charges from my wand to bring him back up to full health

After caring for Shulim he goes to all the others to check their wounds.

Let me know who has what wounds. Thank you.

After checking over everyone briefly Fudrick says, "Lets turn this camp inside out. There has to be something here we can use."

Spot Check in camp (1d20=14)

"After we get resupplied we need to head up to the dig site. My cousin, if still alive, should be able to tell us what happened. We can decide on our actions after that." pointing at the corpse, "There is another body out there somewhere from the beach. Lets stay on guard and have a couple people keep a watch out."


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Fazaam unceremoniously dumps the remaining water from his jug onto the body, then smashes the jar onto the body with all his might. He then straightens with a smirk, and brushes his palms together.

At Gharin's comments, he looks at the monkey now perched bravely on his shoulder. "Best tell your friend to stick with the group next time, I could have saved him all that thrashing about in the jungle!" Smiling at Gharin, Fazaam swaggers over to join him next to Shulim. "Of course, I'm as likely to harm him as help him, but I did pick up a few things onboard the ship,... let's see here,..."

Fazaam's heal to assist other: (1d20=10)

That should get Him an extra +2, right?

While they work, Fazaam whispers,...

Spoiler:

"I don't think any of us are too sure about the other yet, but they seem ok."

Aloud in a normal voice Fazaam cries, "What do you mean I ran off?! I was supposed to be the bait, YOU were supposed to take it from behind! 'Mighty Hunter' my elvish arse!" His grin revealing that he is happy to see his friend again.

"I think we've done all we can here,... If you guys want to try I won't be offended. I don't suppose any of you have any gods that owe you a favor? He could use a bit of serious healing. Especially if we're gonna make that hike in time to get to the dig now."

Fazaam looks at the others, particularly Fudrick and Roman, then looks at the swiftly setting sun.
Indicating to Gharim that he should watch the treeline, He gets up, goes over to the small wooden chest that Shulim unlocked (before he got himself injured on the big chest trap,) opens it, retrieves whatever was clanking around inside, and examines it.

Thank goodness that battle didn't take long, in game time. We can still make it if we hurry!

EDIT- Cross post away! heh.


Male Half Sea Elf Druidic Avenger 1 XP 393

Roman seems genuinely pleased with the praise, until he stops to sniff his own burning gear, and drops about and covering his face begins to roll.

Ref, 16+1

what damage did i take from a round of flame

The Exchange

The heal check with the assistance of Fazaam, reveals that Shulim is on -2 (I rolled his stabilisation roll), the poison is still coursing through his veins, and I believe that your wand has 8 charges, not enough to bring him back to full health.

Fudrick spoiler

Spoiler:
If you have a cure light wounds spell left you may want to use it on Shulim. The wand makes a great last resort.

Fazaam, the chest has a set of poor quality cutlery, a clay foodbowl, and the clanking came from a clay pot with a stopper in it. There are also two rolled up pairs of short trousers.

The Exchange

Roman Maelstrom wrote:

Roman seems genuinely pleased with the praise, until he stops to sniff his own burning gear, and drops about and covering his face begins to roll.

Ref, 16+1

what damage did i take from a round of flame

Your reflex save is enough to avoid being set alight. No fire damage.


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1
French Wolf wrote:


Fazaam, the chest has a set of poor quality cutlery, a clay foodbowl, and the clanking came from a clay pot with a stopper in it. There are also two rolled up pairs of short trousers.

Fazaam holds out the clay pot with the stopper on top. "Fudrick, does this look like it belongs to your cousin? It rattles. Otherwise I would think it might be spices or something." He starts to open the stopper, then decides to wait until Fudrick has a chance to look at it, and puts it on the ground.

Fazaam places the two rolled up pair of shorts on the ground, then Hasan hops from his shoulder and helps him unroll them.


French Wolf wrote:

Fudrick spoiler
** spoiler omitted **

Ok, I use CLW instead to heal him for 5 dmg. I thought I updated the charges on the wand, but it doesn't show. I think I have more than 8 charges left. I'm not saying you are wrong I tend to forget a lot of things. When I get a chance today I will go back through the posts to find all the times it was used.

CLW (1d8+1=5)

Fudrick looks at the pot, "No my friend I do not know what it is. My cousin and I did not see each other much. He lived in a city and I was born and raised on my family's ship."

Did we go through all the chests yet? Specifically the one with the dart trap? Also what about crates? The one that was nailed shut.

The Exchange

The healing power of the Sun God clears some of the wounds on Shulim and his eyes flicker open. Shulim is on 3 hit points

The chest in the hut is locked still. It is five foot long by two foot high. The other chests are open and have been thoroughly searched now.

The nailed shut crates contained bits of pottery and other small shards of a dig. They too have been thoroughly investigated.

The stoppered clay pot that Fazaam has given Fudrick bears angular writing on its surface. It feels heavy for its size and doesn't slosh with liquid.

If opened

Spoiler:
The pot is filled with grey earth. As the afternoon light plays across the earth, it glitters with flecks of gold.

If opened, Knowledge (religion) check DC15

Spoiler:
This is dwarven healing earth, called Sunka Herka.


Examing the writing and making nothing of it Fudrick pulls the stopper out. "Some kind of grey colored dirt with flecks of what looks like gold in it."

Can I take a Knowledge check even if not trained in it? It seems reasonable to know some basic information on religion even if you don't study or subscribe to it. I have not looked at the DC spoiler yet.

Know Religion (1d20+1=20)

Below is what happens after I get the above info.

"Lets see what is in the chest. Since the trap triggered already is it safe to open?"

201 to 250 of 1,609 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Splintered Isles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.