Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Splintered Isles


Play-by-Post

151 to 200 of 1,609 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Fazaam Al-Nak'Bar wrote:


"Well then," He addresses the two talkative ones. "If we are to cooperate against fell beastie, Perhaps introductions are in order?"

He performs an elegant mockery of a formal bow, one ankle behind the other, straight legged, bowing stiffly at the waist with his arms outspread.

"I am, Fazaam."

With the light quickly fading Fudrick helps Roman light the torches around the camp. As he is working he speaks quickly with Fazaam, "Well meet Fazaam. I am Fudrick, the big guy is Yrar, the one helping him with defences is Roman, and the one laying down over there" He points at the other Gnome still badly hurt, "is Shulim. We came bringing supplies for my cousin Zatari when we came upon all this. Since you are not with my cousin and his team what are you and your companions doing out here?" Fudrick looks at Fazaam with a raised eyebrow.

Qadira

Once the dagger is cleaned it shimmers with a silvery sheen. It bears the mark of a Bidikah craftsman and fits the scabbard perfectly.

One masterwork dagger.


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

"Well met all, well met indeed. Hrm. Here, let me help you with that!" Fazaam says as he abandons his pose and jumps to help Roman and Fudrick light torches and gather useful items for defense into the center of the camp. What ever else he may be, it is clear that he is used to, or at least unafraid of, hard work. He is also clearly stalling having to answer Fudrick's question.

He even goes so far as to send Hasan on top of the tent/shack, where the monkey acts as if he were a lookout, peering at the jungle all around before returning to the safety of Fazaam's shoulder and chattering nervously.

Fazaam surveys the hasty defensive handiwork as if he were the captain of a ship. Feet apart, hands on hips, clearly another pose. Until his gaze meets Fudrick's still-upraised eyebrow. He sighs, and gives a self depreciating smile.
"Well, you seem decent enough folk. And seeing as how we all seem to be in a bit of pickle barrel here together, and Garyn is gone, and that fool Yorall is dead," the last is said with a barely suppressed hatred, no, iron-coated glee. "I guess it won't hurt to tell you the truth of the matter."

At this Hasan begins chattering in Fazaam's ear, but Fazaam reaches up without looking and covers the monkey's mouth with an obviously well-practiced motion.

"Hasan believes 'Silence is Golden', I think he should practice what he preaches." Fazaam says with a stern glare at Hasan, followed by a bit of food.

"Please remember that truth is stranger than any story-teller's fiction, and that this tale is not as sinister as it may first sound. The what we were doing here is simple enough. We were sent to spy on the gnome Zatari's camp and report back what we saw. I don't know what information she was looking for! Only that we were to report back everything we saw at the camp!" He hastily adds. Holding up his hands against the outburst to come.

"The why is somewhat more complicated. We, that is, Garyn and I, are currently UNwilling 'Corsairs' sailing on the Sea Harem under command of the Sea Witch, Zerea. UNwilling mind you! The only reason we stay there is because she is holding Garyn's sister as a 'guest' onboard to ensure our 'cooperation'. Though she is seriously pushing her luck this last week," he mutters darkly. The moment is gone as quickly as it came, and he continues.

"She sent us to the island with one of her favorite boot-lickers, Yoraal, to spy on the camp, as I said. With instructions to return in no longer than a week, or Temusa, that's Garyn's sister, would take a turn for the worst, health-wise." He explains, concern on his brow belying his light hearted tone.

Fazaam shrugs, "I'm not sure what happened here." He says, indicating the camp. "The last I saw, it sounded as if they had found something in what they called the 'Chamber of Urns'. At the dig up the hill. It looked like a large silver urn best I could tell. Zatari and one of his men, Mokarin I think? were arguing over whether or not to open the urn here or wait. Zatari put his foot down and I thought that was it. But early this morning Zatari and his servants left unusually early. We don't know why, But they left so early we couldn't follow without being spotted. So we waited. It was Yoraal's turn to watch."

Fazaam's perpetually cheerful countenance assumed a grim look. "All Yoraal would say was that some servants returned, running, and bearing a body. They were grabbing stuff to run when they were attacked. Yoraal wouldn't say by what, he only called it an 'evil one'. And he was a dark-hearted bilge rat that didn't scare easily." Fazaam spat at the ground to emphasize his dislike for the man, followed by the sign commonly used to ward off the evil spirits that were attracted to those who speak ill of the dead. "He would only tell us that one was attacked and sliced it with a Jambiyah, and another was dragged into the forest."

"We all heard the screaming, and when it stopped. Yoraal insisted that we run for the rowboat and try to make the Sea Harem before dark. He stopped about halfway there to relieve himself,... and here we are!" Fazaam finished with a flourish and a smile.

He faces Fudrick. "You said that Zatari was your cousin?" He asks, he then places one elegant hand over his heart, and says solemnly, "I swear to you now, that I had nothing to do with whatever happened here. And that in return for your allowing me into your camp in my time of need, I will do my best to help you discover what has happened to your cousin."

"Besides", He continues in his regular, lighthearted tone, "I admit that my curiosity is kindled! I wish to see for myself what they have discovered here, what fell beast they may have unleashed, and what in the Splintered Isles is Zerea's interest in all this?" He asks, his fine elvish eyebrows furrowed in contemplation.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

Yrar declined the dagger earlier in the episode. It was one of the ‘Deleted Scenes’ :)

The Half-Orc nods to the Elf while keeping his focus on the jungle. Tense and standing ready with his Maul, he just says, “I am Yrar,” as an introduction while ignoring all of the pompous jestures.

Once it seems that the imminent danger has passed, Yrar looks to work with Roman to secure the camp. “Better wake Shulim and get him away from the edge. Maybe get that fire pit going also.”

Yrar moves around doing what he can until he hears the Elf speak of the enslavement of a woman, “Somebody in need?” His voice rises and a growl comes forth and it seems he is about to enter a rage-like state, like the one when fighting the boar. After some heavy breathing and pacing, he snarls through his thick beard, “Whatever evil is on this island, I will fight through it. Then we will get to this woman and rescue her.” He turns to the jungle and starts roaring, “HEAR ME BEAST? COME TO ME NOW, AND WE WILL FINISH THIS.” Breathing heavy, Yrar holds his maul ready for an impending attack.

For supplies, Search Check (Roll 14+2=16)

Great gaming today guys. Work is busy today, but I added what I could.


Male Half Sea Elf Druidic Avenger 1 XP 393

As Roman works with Yrak, he says quitely but not hiddingly with a smile.

"Where I come from we have a word for that sort of creature," gesturing towards the elf or his monkey, it being hard to tell which, looking Yrak in the eyes he says "Translated I think it would be Liar?..."

Watching Yraks later beconing of danger he shakes his head " Above or below the waves, nature plods along at her own pace, and to attempt to change it otherwise is to invite ruin"


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1
Yrar wrote:
“Whatever evil is on this island, I will fight through it. Then we will get to this woman and rescue her.” He turns to the jungle and starts roaring, “HEAR ME BEAST? COME TO ME NOW, AND WE WILL FINISH THIS.” Breathing heavy, Yrar holds his maul ready for an impending attack.

Fazaam looks at Fudrick, wide-eyed, and indicates Yrar with a thumb.

"And they call ME melodramatic?" He says with a grin to disarm any hostile feelings.

"Besides, since she is not only Garyn's sister, but my girlfriend, I think that's MY line!" He grins.

Qadira

Fudrick finds that the table has Zartari's papers in a typical mess. He always a bit like that. On top of three old scrolls of scribbled notes is an unfinished letter to Fudrick, beside which is a large pot of ink and a pen.

Zartari’s Letter

Spoiler:
Hey, cousin, may the Cailim bless you as he has me! Such a find. The other explorers will have to take notice now. When I was sent to this little island I think that they were laughing behind my back.

Well look who is laughing now. I told you before that it was important. Well while I await confirmation from the city, I have continued to dig. You should see it. The diggers have worked hard and we found a special chamber. In it are things that will make my name and shock the Isles.

You’re good with people. What should I do about a servant that thinks he knows it all? I have one, Mokarin, he always makes jokes about my size and tries to make the orders, like he is someone special. The Badasah have used him before, but I wouldn’t use him again. He smells too like he slept in the rotten corner of a bazaar.

It’s all a big secret but I know you will keep your lips still. It’s about the dwarves. Here on Shelitan. Anyway must dash I’ll finish this another time, when I’m less busy.

Zartari’s Notes
The notes are a mish mash of scribbles and writings filling three old scrolls. These are all rough comments and idle doodles that make reading near impossible. They aren’t coded but they do refer to Zartari’s notebook, which must contain his documentary. Unfortunately the notebook isn’t here.

Anyone studying the notes for at least half an hour, make an Intelligence or Decipher Script check.

DC 15

Spoiler:
Most of this is a mess, since the scrolls themselves weren’t blank before they were used. A sign of Zartari’s lack of funds. There are several references to a hag or witch, the Chamber of Urns and some kind of language in silver.

DC20

Spoiler:
The hag is connected to the moon in one corner of a scroll and that probably means something to do with Tellora. The language in silver, is Mithor. A word that sounds dwarven.

Qadira

There are a few points while everyone is busy in the camp. Note that there is about two and a half hours of light left to the day.

1) Banking the fire is no problem. What do you actually do to secure the camp and how long do you spend doing it? Refer to the initial description of the camp for an idea of what is available.

2) Are you intending to stay here tonight? In which case I will need watches etc. This kind of ties in with the defence/securing of the camp.

3) Are you going to do anymore with the corpse? if anything.

The nailed crates contain pieces of pottery , small shards which have been chalked with numbers, numbers up to about 200.

The covered box contains what is left of their supplies. It includes several containers of fruit, and the usual imperishables, salt, strong spices and the like.

There are also 2 chests in the camp which as yet are untouched...


Fudrick looks at the group and says, "Here's what we need to decide. Do we finish preparing the camp for defense and wait for whatever is out there or head up to the dig site?" He points at the body on the table. "Whatever made those sucker like marks on him is out there. If it knows we are waiting for it then it may decide to go after the ones at the dig, if it hasn't already. I for one do not want to know we lost my cousin and his workers because we waited until daylight." He pauses for a moment in thought. "Yrar can you toss that body into the fire? I don't know what happened to the other corpse but if it started to walk again then this one will to. Let's burn it and then decide what we will be doing." As he turns to inspect the chests in the camp he calls back, "Make sure you search it good. He may have a clue or something we can use on whatever is out there."

Fudrick examines the chests as best as he can without opening them.

Search on chests (1d20+1=19)


Male Half Sea Elf Druidic Avenger 1 XP 393

Roman Speaks Up, "Getting out of here does not rely on some miraculous combination of events happening or being observed, simply that some common sense is observed. Tactically moving in the evening, especially in the jungle is fool hardy at best, and it only gets worse the darker it gets, aside from Yrak, I don't think any of us can see in the pitch darkness, while I wouldn't doubt that it could. Also notice that it has been attacking people while isolated, alone. That suggests two things first that its smart of at least lucky, at least as smart as an animal, and probably smarter if it can think to follow, these guys," roman says Pointing at the monkey and elf " and strike only when someone sets foot into the scrum, even a little. the second thing it suggests is that the beast is not so strong as to be able to get the better of several armed men at once, or else it would of , and our little monkey friend wouldn't be here..." A flash of resignation crosses the half elfs face.

Looking at the Gnome somewhat compassionately, Roman continues "Furthermore, I think you all really abandoned the victims when you decided that the camp was more important to investigate than the scream no? No use crying over the winds or the currents, I say we start afresh in the morning after securing the camp. Althought of course I will defer to Yraks judgement, if nothing else his courage and ability have been proven. " a somewhat derisive look at the fallen gnome underscores my points about the very real issues that we all committed to when we came here as apposed to finding the source of the screams in the jungle.


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Assuming that Fudrick lets me examine the notes,...

Int/Decipher Script check: (1d20 4=17)

"Hm." Fazaam glances at Fudrick. "No offense to your cousin, but these notes are a mess. I don't think the scrolls themselves were blank before they were used. There are several references here to a hag or witch, the Chamber of Urns and some kind of language in silver. Sorry, That's all I can make of it." He says sincerely, handing the papers back to Fudrick.

He listens to the sea elf's unexpected speech, raising an eyebrow at his comments about screaming in the jungle.

"Well, I dare say I can probably see as well in the dark as your large friend here. The question is, do you know how far away the dig is from the camp? If we know we can get there and back in two hours, or even there before dark and encamp ourselves there, then is it worth the risk to save any others?"

He strokes his chin, "Of course, Yorall saw the men running back FROM the dig, carrying a body. Logic dictates that they are already well aware of the creature. And if they are still alive, and not here, then in it is because they are already holding a defensible position. THEN the question becomes, do we hole up here, or bravely race to try and join up with survivors? And as our seaweed loving friend here pointed out, even the creature seems to be aware that there is safety in numbers."

Fazaam grins. "And on THAT note, I have no intention of getting separated from anyone else on this accursed island! I'll stay with you lot, no matter your choice. But I always have been the 'Rush Forward' type!"

Mr Wolf, I've been watching this camp for over a day, did we ever follow them up to the dig? I know which path they took from camp to go there,... If so, then I know how long it would take to reach it!


Male Half Sea Elf Druidic Avenger 1 XP 393

raising a arched eyebrow and a slightly angry and slightly amused expresion at "seaweed loving", Roman turns to Yrak and says "looks like it is up to you then, it appears as if the children need guidence to reason and survival" with a heavy eye towards the little folk and their new aquantance.

Qadira

Let me know if you throw the body into the fire, as Fudrick instructed.

Fudrick, the chest in the hut is of strong dark wood, mahogany, and it is bound with iron. It is only 1 foot high, 2 foot wide and about the length of a longsword. It has a deep lock and no key.

The chest under the shelter nearby is closed and padlocked, but it isn't a big only being about a two foot box.

Shulim isn't asleep, "If you two cannot decide, I could use the dagger?" He comes to his feet.

Roman spoiler

Spoiler:
Yoraal took you and Garyn up the volcano on the second day, it took about an hour to get to the open ground near the top. A tough walk.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

Per the letters, Yrar can’t read, so he takes no interest.

While Yrar is preparing the defenses he makes a point to walk close to Fazaam, “So, that monkey,” pointing to Hasan, “you talk to it? In all my time in the jungle, never talked to a monkey,” he says with a grunt as he looks over at Hasan and smiles, “Ate one or two … but never talked to one.” His smile disappears quickly and he gazes back at the Elf as his tone become more serious, “You mentioned the girl has a week. How long has it been already?”

Fudrick Boddymil wrote:

"Yrar can you toss that body into the fire? I don't know what happened to the other corpse but if it started to walk again then this one will to. Let's burn it and then decide what we will be doing." As he turns to inspect the chests in the camp he calls back, "Make sure you search it good. He may have a clue or something we can use on whatever is out there."

Yrar nods and moves back into the shed. He vision falls over the body and a chill runs down his spine. He looks back momentarily to see if his companions notice this second of weakness. ’I really hate the dead’, Yrar thinks to himself as he remembers the incident in his past. He sticks his head outside, takes a deep breath, then reenters. Staying as far away as he can, he uses his maul to uncover the body and looks over the man. He does his best to follow Fudrick’s instructions while still keeping a distance.

Search Check (Roll 7+2=9), If Yrar can, he will take 20

Using his maul, he covers the body. To the best of his ability, he wraps the corpse up tight while attempting to not lay a hand on the body. Touching only the cover, Yrar starts dragging the body outside and toward the fire pit for disposal. When depositing the body into the fire, he makes every attempt to save the cover.

Roman Maelstrom wrote:


Looking at the Gnome somewhat compassionately, Roman continues "Furthermore, I think you all really abandoned the victims when you decided that the camp was more important to investigate than the scream no? No use crying over the winds or the currents, I say we start afresh in the morning after securing the camp. Althought of course I will defer to Yraks judgement, if nothing else his courage and ability have been proven. "

Yrar spins with momentary anger but lets it go and just grumbles, “You are right. Maybe we could have done something.” The Half-Orc pauses momentarily before restarting, “But then again, you and I seem acquainted with nature. We may have been able to do something, but this is not the land for our Gnome companions, and this jungle is unknown to us both.” Yrar shakes his head, “I am no leader, and my judgment is not worldly. If we are to survive, we need to work and think together. I have fought a solitary battle most of my life. Never a true victory.” His eyes go distant for a moment as if remembering, but they snap back quickly, “Roman, I appreciate your confidence in my abilities, but as you pointed out already, my judgment is not always best. You seem full of wisdom, so what you say, I listen to as well.”

Yrar puts his hands on his hips and scans his companions, his gaze eventually falling on Fazaam, “So you have been here. You have watched Zatari. With the daylight fading, do we have time to reach the dig sight before nightfall? If we do, I say we go. If not, we should stay, work to defend, and plan for a long night.”

Sorry again everyone for my absence. This should cover everything up to the point where we decide whether we defend or move to the dig site, depending on distance and daylight. Let me know if there is something I missed, my brain is still trying to recover.


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1
Yrar wrote:
“So, that monkey,” pointing to Hasan, “you talk to it? In all my time in the jungle, never talked to a monkey,” he says with a grunt as he looks over at Hasan and smiles, “Ate one or two … but never talked to one.” His smile disappears quickly and he gazes back at the Elf as his tone become more serious, “You mentioned the girl has a week. How long has it been already?”

Hasan squeaks and his eyes go wide as he sinks behind Fazaam. Fazaam laughs with Yrar, pretty sure that he is joking. He face betrays true emotion before he hides it once more behind his cavalier grin.

"Two days," He says grimly, "Plenty enough time to help your friends family, and return to rescue her!" HE forces a grin, "And I will! With or without Garyn." He finishes solemnly.

Fazaam watches Yrar as he disposes of the body, and contemplates the Sea-elf's words once more as Yrar talks to him.

Yrar wrote:
“So you have been here. You have watched Zatari. With the daylight fading, do we have time to reach the dig sight before nightfall? If we do, I say we go. If not, we should stay, work to defend, and plan for a long night.”

Fazaam chews his lip for a moment, seeming to weigh options. Then he grins once more. "Well, it seems that Yoraal had been here before. The first day he took us to the dig site in case we needed to watch there. It took us at least an hour to get there. And it's a good hike. But we might make better time taking the trail. But it looks like we should have JUST enough time to get there and back before full dark. Or get there and dig in you'd rather.

"So, shall we go? I say taking the fight to the enemy beats waiting for the enemy to find us! Let us go to see if we can aid any survivors!" He cries, flourishing his rapier with an eager grin.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

"If it takes us an hour, then there is still time to reach the site and help. I say we go."


Male Half Sea Elf Druidic Avenger 1 XP 393

Roman smiles at the half orc's modesty before clapping him on the back and saying "The true test of wisdom is knowing its limits, My Good Man Gnome and Elf see to the injured one and the chests, a sling or perhaps a stretcher could be jury rigged for either.

speaking to the half orc, Roman says " lets find anything useful and handy in the camp, and then make a plan how we are going to defend an injured gnome, and a fool while marching, That hammer of yours is impressive, but perhaps a ranged solution is possible" Looking at the fading light and the dense jungle foilage, roman sighs "or not, I swear its like the deep one made this place to the fit and measure of the maze forgetting only the solution..."


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Fazaam pouts at Roman's words.

"Here now! I am many things, but I am NOT a fool! Well, most of the time anyway, everyone has an off day. However, While I do enjoy the challenge of combat mano-a-mano, I agree that keeping the beastie at bay is a good idea! And I happen to have my bow with me, so I can help in that at least." Fazaam proclaims happily, returning his rapier to his belt and unlimbering his short bow from where it is tied to his pack.

"SO,?" He asks, fitting an arrow to the string and testing the draw, "A quick check of the Chest and box to see if there is anything useful, and then a brisk hike?" He glances at the fading sunlight.

"Time, Tide, and it seems the sun, wait for no one." He grins, apparently impressed with his own cleverness.

Qadira

The fire begins to burn the body down. All of a sudden it ignites in the wood, as if someone had thrown oil on the corpse.

Above the high flames, dark coils of smoke rise up into the afternoon sky. There they scatter into the four winds.


Female Human Cleric 2

Annoyed and injured, Shulim starts eating some rations.

"Look, I don't need a stretcher. But that dagger would be good," he comments.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

Yrar looks to the sky seeing the dark flames float overhead before dissipating in the wind. “If it was unaware that we were here, it probably knows now. When we do find it, I hope it tastes good … second thought, seeing that explosion and that black blood, I‘m not eatin‘ it.”

Looking over at Shulim when he speaks while having a discussion with Roman, Yrar smiles, “Well, you heard the Gnome. He’s fit to walk. And someone give him that damn dagger already.” Looking back to Roman, “And no worries, if need be I can hit from a distance. I just like the sound my hammer makes.” Yrar then turns to everyone, “As the Elves both said in their own way, the sun leaves whether we like it or not. Let’s go.”

Qadira

The golden blanket is largely clean despite the bloody corpse it covered. It is well crafted silk cloth threaded through with gold. It's pattern is that of the Sun God, Hettama, a figure with his head bathed in golden light.

Worth about fifty auris. Weighs 4lbs. Whoever takes this item, please add it to their equipment list.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

“In case we do not return, I’ll hold on to this coverlet. The stink of the dead did not ruin it, and it’s to valuable to leave.” Yrar folds it up and puts it in his pack. The Half-Orc walks over to the supply box and pulls out a few select pieces of fruit and bites deep into one with a crunch. Its sugary juices drip through his beard adding a glistening shine to the otherwise coarse hair. “Grab .. some … fruit … for … the … trip,” Yrar mumbles between bites of the tasty fruity. Once he swallows with an exaggerated movement of his head he continues, “who knows when we’ll eat next. If we run out of food we might have to eat the monkey. And trust me, they’re all bone,” he says with a smile and a glance at Hasan as he uses his gauntleted hand to pick at his teeth. Removing his hand, his smile disappears as he grumbles, “No matter how much potential food I kill.” Finished stuffing the fruit in his pack along with the coverlet, he closes his pack and puts it back on his back, “So we ready? Fazaam, lead the way.”


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Fazaam watches the body suddenly combust, and the thick smoke rise into the evening air.

"Well," He comments to no one in particular, unless he is talking to the monkey. "That was,... unusual." His cavalier attitude and flippant smile failing to hide the keen focus of his gaze, which doesn't seem to miss a singe detail.

While Yrar claims the 'golden blanket' and stuffs his pockets, and face, with fruit, Fazaam wanders over to the Chest and wooden box/crate.

"Well Fudrick, with your permission, perhaps we should see if there is anything val, er, useful in these before we go?" Fazaam smiles engagingly. "I have no talent for locks, and no weapons large enough to do damage to such a heavy chest, but I bet I can get the lid off of this crate,..."
And he suits actions to words, using his Jambiyah to pry the lid off of the crate. Unlike his rapier, the curved dagger is plain, heavy and worn. The condition of the blade indicating it is used far more often for its current purpose than for battle.

Assuming no one stops him, he opens the crate and examines its contents for something useful, and following that, valuable. But he has no wish to anger his new 'friends'(IE=Protectors) or waste time arguing as the sun descends. He hopes and hints that someone will open the Chest, but will not force the issue for the same reasons. AFTER the chest/crate is resolved,...

Yrar wrote:
“So we ready? Fazaam, lead the way.”

Fazaam nods, grins flippantly, and nocking an arrow to his shortbow, takes the lead. His tread is steady and elfish-ly light, but as he approaches the wall of wilderness, close observers might notice a flicker of uncertainty cross his fine-boned features. His monkey rides atop his pack, peering over his head like some strange hat.

Mr Wolf, Clarification. Is this the grasslands we are headed into? Or the jungle proper? (Trees, etc?) Might make a difference on future actions of me and the monkey. Thanks. :)

Qadira

The heavy mahogany chest is left for now.

The other box in the shelter next to the hut, Fazaam tries to open it, but his dagger isn't strong enough to free the hasp and padlock. The box itself isn't that heavy and something is rolling around inside.

Every one and then it thuds against the flimsy wood.

Fazaam spoiler

Spoiler:
The tall grasses are in clumps among the jungle and odd clearing as you travel up the slope. Gradually the trees lessen, the grasses shrink in height and the cover disappears. The top 500 feet or more is bare ground.


Female Human Cleric 2

Shulim takes the dagger from Roman or Fudrick, unless they kick up a fuss.

Then he goes over to the box, that Fazaam is having problems with and bends down. A few seconds later he gets up with the padlock in his hands.

Then he moves into the hut and the chest.

Seconds later there is a yelp from inside and Shulim staggers out with a black tipped dart in his throat.

"It was trapped!" he croaks.

Qadira

There is an invisible post before this one. Of most importance is that Shulim tried to open the chest in the hut and staggered out with a dart in his neck.

A log falls down the side of the fire and rolls out onto the camp ground.

Then the whole burning corpse dislodges more wood as it stands up and staggers out of the fire pit. One arm waves across the face of Shulim with a trail of oily flames following its progress.

Shulim ducks and weaves away towards the box and Fazaam.

In an attempt to speed play up I have rolled everyone's initiative. In future combats I'll ask one of you guys to do it (whoever reads the initial post first probably).

Shulim 14
Fazaam 12
Yrar 10
Burning Dead Servant 7
Fudrick 4
Roman 3

All of you are within 1 move action of the creature. Its back is against the fire pit but it can still be flanked.

The monster roars at the fleeing gnome,"OOwwwraaaa!"

Qadira

Fazaam next, Shulim has acted.


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Fazaam smiles his thanks to Shulim for opening the lock, and starts to cautiously open the crate as Shulim enters the Hut. He is startled as Shulim staggers back out, clutching his neck and muttering 'Trapped". He gets up to assist, when the burning body decides that it isn't comfortable on this pyre, and gets up.

Fazaam, glancing wistfully at his bow lying next to the crate, looks at the flaming, mobile, corpse and begins to grin. He takes a step to place himself ahead of the injured gnome, and cries, "My friend, you look like your burning up, here, let me help you cool down!"

Fazaam makes a simple gesture with his right hand, and a coating of frost seems to form on his hand, leaving a wisp of steam in the warm humid island air. He snaps his finger towards the flaming corpse, and cries "Thyrori!" as a pale, thin beam reaches from his outstretched finger towards the shuffling abomination.

Fazaam to hit:(1d20+3=16) and Dmg:(1d3=2)

Fazaam then whips his rapier from his waist, and holds it defensively before him. "Um, guys?" He calls, "I think I just annoyed it!"

Elvish:

Spoiler:

Thyrori = 'Frostbite'

5' step to get ahead of wounded gnome, (protecting the wounded with all of my 5hp!) cast Ray of Frost (standard action), pull rapier (move action) and fighting defensively (if I can) for the extra AC. ( I'm still confused between the fighting defensive and full defense actions) Hm, maybe I shoulda cast that Mage armor first! Oops!)

Qadira

Full defense and fighting defensively are standard actions. You can pull out your rapier.

The creature howls, "Yoouuuuudiiii," as the glistening ray disappears into the body of fire.

Yrar your go.


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

"I knew I should've smashed it," Yrar growls as he bounds up to the flaming undead corpse. "Man, I really hate the undead. I wish they would just die," he screams as he swings his maul.

Maul Attack (Roll 3+5=8), Not needed, but what the heck … Damage (Roll 3+6=9)

Burning Dead Servant, you're turn. Better make it count. You're mine next round!

Qadira

Swaying like a fat merchant drunk in the bazaar, the shambling pyre leans away from the hammer blow, then its arm slashes across as Yrar dodges.

Attack roll 6,

Drunk on fire and denied its victim, the creature continues to trade blows with Yrar.

Fudrick! fudrick! fudrick!


Fudrick snaps his head around at the sound of the log tumbling out of the pit. He points and shouts, "IT'S COME ALIVE." As the others attack it with weapons and magic he readies his sling and let's loose a bullet. The bullet whistles through the air and strikes the undead menace square in the chest. I hope anyway :) Little bits of skin break off from the impact and black stinking blood oozes out of the small wound. Fudrick wringles his nose in disgust and readies another bullet.

Attack: Burning Undead Servant (1d20+2=17)

Damage: Burning Undead Servant (1d3=3)

Mr. Wolf:

Spoiler:

Do you want me to do a timewarp post to cover the conversation up to this point? I did not realize this weekend would prove to be a popular choice to post. :) If not then we can move on from this point. Other than being a part of the conversation there was nothing major going on to be involved in. In which case Shulim can take the dagger as he said earlier. I had a really nice post of Fudrick getting mad at Roman for thinking we gave up on Zatari and the others.

Thanks for the great game so far.


Roman rages and enter's combat with the beast.

Spoiler:
Rage and then Charge, 14+6 for 20 to hit, Damage = 5 Bludge, AC -2 til next turn


Male Human Wizard 1

My turn again?
Almost collapsing from pain, Shulim staggers away from the burning creature, his movements unsteady. The pain washing through his small frame making it hard to think, Shulim belated realizes he should be trying to help, but for some reason, he can't make that thought transform into action.

At 0 HP, I can only take one action, right? - move action to get away, using the party as cover.

Qadira

Fudrick Boddymil wrote:

Fudrick snaps his head around at the sound of the log tumbling out of the pit. He points and shouts, "IT'S COME ALIVE." As the others attack it with weapons and magic he readies his sling and let's loose a bullet. The bullet whistles through the air and strikes the undead menace square in the chest. I hope anyway :) Little bits of skin break off from the impact and black stinking blood oozes out of the small wound. Fudrick wringles his nose in disgust and readies another bullet.

Attack: Burning Undead Servant (1d20+2=17)

Damage: Burning Undead Servant (1d3=3)

Mr. Wolf:
** spoiler omitted **

Fudrick Spoiler

Spoiler:
I suggest that Fudrick is mulling over the whole conversation and will throw it at Roman when the fight ends. How does that sound?

Fudrick bullet lands on the ground at the creature's fight, the attack going unnoticed.

The angry Roman smashes at the flame corpse hitting it solidly but again the creature seems intent on Yrar.

Qadira

Shulim Al'Bheddah wrote:

My turn again?

Almost collapsing from pain, Shulim staggers away from the burning creature, his movements unsteady. The pain washing through his small frame making it hard to think, Shulim belated realizes he should be trying to help, but for some reason, he can't make that thought transform into action.

At 0 HP, I can only take one action, right? - move action to get away, using the party as cover.

I moved Shulim about twenty feet from the fight. He can move again either into the western jungle or northern tall grasses (which he is closest to) or there is the entry trail down to the beach to the south. Come on Shulim take a pick.

Fazaam your turn


Male Human Wizard 1
French Wolf wrote:
I moved Shulim about twenty feet from the fight. He can move again either into the western jungle or northern tall grasses (which he is closest to) or there is the entry trail down to the beach to the south. Come on Shulim take a pick.

This is next turn, right? The grasses will probably be my choice - go and hide in the tall grass.

Just checking.


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Seeing the injured gnome stagger for the edge of the clearing, Fazaam calls out,

"I wouldn't go too far friend, our mystery beast may be awaiting us. Here now you overgrown campfire!" He hollers, returning his full attention to the battle at hand.

Fazaam quickly reaches into his vest pocket and throws a powder into the air over his head. He quickly sketches another pattern in the air, ending with his hand facing palm out, and intones "Teiros Eisys!"

The powder instantly begins to sparkle, and instead of falling begins to spin around Fazaam like a whirlwind. In an instant it has whirled tighter and tighter until it has settled, completely covering both Fazaam and Hasan in a translucent second skin which glimmers faintly in the dimming light.

"Come on Hot Stuff, Let's see how you fare 'gainst an Elvish warrior!" He crows, moving sideways to line himself up opposite from Yrar across the flaming monstrosity. He bounces on his toes, grinning as he anticipates the attack to come.

Elvish Translation:

Spoiler:

"Teiros Eisys!"= 'Mystic Armor'

Cast Mage Armor, move action to line up a flank across from Yrar, leaving enough room between me and the flamer to allow for a charge. (20'?)

Qadira

Shulim you can move into the tall grass this round. I moved you back in round one. This is round two. Fazaam the flank is fine and the magical description is superb.

Yrar - I believe you said this time the monster was yours. Show us!


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

Yrar's frustration grows after a few more swings and misses. Breathing heavy with spittle splattering out his mouth, the Half-Orc winds up ready to put all of his might into the next blow. "Lights out Fire Man!"

Maul Attack (Roll 17+5=22), Damage (Roll 3+6=9)

Qadira

"Weeeecaarrrrsss" shouts the creature at the blow.

Attack roll 19 + lots = hit. Damage slam = 4 + Fire = 6, Reflex save Yrar DC 12 or you are alight.

The burning monster lifts one leg and kicks up between Yrar's, smacking into his nether regions a fiery foot.

Fudrick over to you. Could I have a Spot check at -2 for starters please

DC10 or greater Spot result

Spoiler:
In the jungle shadows to the south (about 40 feet away) is a humanoid figure, then it is gone. You noticed the flashing silver eyes.


French Wolf wrote:

Fudrick over to you. Could I have a Spot check at -2 for starters please

Spot Check (1d20=17)

Before I continue do you want me to finish up my actions or just the spot check for now?


Male Half-Orc Barbarian / 2

Reflex Save (Roll 7+2=9), Is the Spot Check just for Fudrick? If not, are there additional Spot Check penalties for being on fire?

Yrar, surprised that the fiery menace is still standing, momentarily doubles over from a blazing foot to his place of pride. He tries to bounce away, but his swing is too heavy. His movement carries him into the creature, setting the, already scarred, Half-Orc on fire. Yrar howls through the pain.

Qadira

Fudrick Boddymil wrote:
French Wolf wrote:

Fudrick over to you. Could I have a Spot check at -2 for starters please

Spot Check (1d20=17)

Before I continue do you want me to finish up my actions or just the spot check for now?

You can do either, but I suggest you spot, read, then act. The choice is yours.

Yrar, I asked Fudrick for the Spot check because he is the least distracted by the fight. His spot roll of 17 decides just how distracted he is (or isn't) in this case.
Note that putting the flames out is a full round action and I reckon it doesn't draw attacks of opportunity, but will stop further damage.


Fudrick gets a sick feeling in his stomach as he sees Yrar take a fiery blow below his belt. He quickly wonders, Can Half-Orcs have childern? As he shakes the thought from his head he spots something in the jungle. Yelling to his compratiots, "WATCH YOUR BACKS! I SAW A SHADOW OF MAN IN THE JUNGLE TO THE SOUTH. LETS DEAL WITH THIS BURNING PILE OF TRASH QUICKLY! Fazaam, Shulim keep clear of tall grass and jungle." As Fudrick finishes speaking he pulls his scimitar and shield out and moves to the burning undeads other side opposite of Roman.

From what I understand the undead came out of the pit with his back to it. Yrar intercepted him and is in front. Roman moved to one side to get a flank attack in. Which should leave his other side exposed for me to flank as well. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Qadira

Works for me. Fazaam can still charge in next to you and get a flank bonus from Roman. Roman - its your go, +2 bonus from Fudrick now.


Althought his staff has no sledge head, its still preety massive in its own right, Roman Attacks again with a large overhead pound.

Spoiler:
Attack, 9 +4 +2flank =15 Damage =5


Male Noble Elf Spellcaster 1

Seeing Fudrick close in with the flaming creature, and Roman batter at it with his staff, Fazaam cannot control his eagerness any longer.

With a sudden burst of speed Fazaam lunges forward, racing on his toes. Hasan screaming with either delight or fright hanging onto Fazaam's ponytail for dear life.

As he reaches the creature, he lunges forward and lands in a perfect fencing pose, grinning, his rapier tip aimed for the creature's chest,...

Fazaam Rapier attack:(+3 weapon finesse, +2 flank, +2 charge): (ATT:1d20+7=16, DMG:1d6=3)

OK, playing the 'smart guy' now. The creature seemed to react when I frost ray'd it. Does any of the hits it's taking seem to be doing anything to it? OTHER than ticking it off?!? Spot roll if needed:

Fazaam Spot check: (1d20+2=11)

Qadira

The burning servant continues to focus its energy on its burning victim. It barely turns a head to notice the rest of the party surrounding it.

Fazaam, your weapon is almost useless (best guess) and there is a black oil slick trailing from the firepit to the ground under the monster.
Roman - your weapon is managing to land a good solid hit.

Yrar's go, low on hits, burning, pride in tatters, yep undead rock!

151 to 200 of 1,609 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Splintered Isles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.