Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Quotes Thread


Off-Topic Discussions

701 to 750 of 1,464 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Andoran

"Cream rises to the top. So do people who die at sea."
- attributed to Bill Watterson

Qadira

"BRING IT TETER!!!"
-taig.

Andoran

Josh Gates - "I would like to buy an enormous container of fireworks."
Shopkeeper - *points*
Josh Gates - "Oh, good sweet heaven above..."
Shopkeeper - *takes massive crate of fireworks off of shelf*
Josh Gates - "Yes, that's the one! Where can I light it?"
Yuan Uyue Hao - "In the middle of the street."
Josh Gates - "Oh, China, I love you! Who's got a lighter?"

- From the latest episode of 'Destination: Truth'

Andoran

"[Walt Kelly] hiring a ghost artist to work on 'Pogo' is like Arnold Palmer having someone to hit his chip shots."
- Charles Schulz

Andoran

"Metal is like rap, but for white people."
- idiot frat boy in the parking lot


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

Josh Gates - "I would like to buy an enormous container of fireworks."

Shopkeeper - *points*
Josh Gates - "Oh, good sweet heaven above..."
Shopkeeper - *takes massive crate of fireworks off of shelf*
Josh Gates - "Yes, that's the one! Where can I light it?"
Yuan Uyue Hao - "In the middle of the street."
Josh Gates - "Oh, China, I love you! Who's got a lighter?"

- From the latest episode of 'Destination: Truth'

LOL. That one really got me. I think I'm gonna go out and blow s%## up now.


"Being drunk is a good disguise. I drink so I can talk to a!+#%~%s. This includes me."

--Jim Morrison

Andoran

Kruelaid wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

Josh Gates - "I would like to buy an enormous container of fireworks."

Shopkeeper - *points*
Josh Gates - "Oh, good sweet heaven above..."
Shopkeeper - *takes massive crate of fireworks off of shelf*
Josh Gates - "Yes, that's the one! Where can I light it?"
Yuan Uyue Hao - "In the middle of the street."
Josh Gates - "Oh, China, I love you! Who's got a lighter?"

- From the latest episode of 'Destination: Truth'

LOL. That one really got me. I think I'm gonna go out and blow s%!@ up now.

Figured you'd like that one.


“Some people do not become thinkers simply because their memories are too good.”

– Friedrich Nietzsche


“The sway of alcohol over mankind is unquestionably due to its power to stimulate the mystical faculties of human nature, usually crushed to earth by the cold facts and dry criticisms of the sober hour.”

– William James (1842-1910)


“When we try in good faith to believe in materialism, in the exclusive reality of the physical, we are asking ourselves to step aside; we are disavowing the very realm where we exist and where all things precious are kept – the realm of emotion and conscience; of memory and intention and sensation.”

– John Updike

Andoran

"Christianity: the belief that some cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree."
- anonymous /. user

Andoran

I think this post might be from my old college roommate. Seriously.


“If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn.”

– Andrew Mason


“Inside every older woman is a young girl wondering what the hell happened.”

– Cora Harvey Armstrong


Conservative extremists like to say, “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.” One way we can ensure that this appears to be true, I suppose, is to be sure that we never use the word terrorist for anyone but foreigners. -Russell Smith


By ascribing human motivations to dumb machines, I am, said MacCallum, committing the “pathetic fallacy.”-Russell Smith


“Self-confidence is at the root of most of our confidence in others.”

– La Rochefoucauld

Andoran

"You never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of magic and religion. Only man behaves with such gratuitous folly. It is the price he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, intelligent enough.

-- Aldous Huxley.

Andoran

“All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours.”

Aldous Huxley


“It is true that we emerged in the universe by chance, but the idea of chance is itself only a cover for our ignorance. The more I examine the universe and the details of its architecture, the more evidence I find that the universe in some sense must have known that we were coming.”

– Freeman Dyson


“Television newsmen are breathless on how the game is being played, largely silent on what the game is all about.”

– John Kenneth Galbraith

Andoran

"I used to think that my gravestone would say 'He Played Ted.' Now, I'm pretty sure it'll say 'He Also Played Ted'."
- Keanu Reeves


It’s funny how film titles turn out in franglish - Warren Clements


The eye of a friend is a good looking glass - Irish proverb


Where would the Irish be without someone to be Irish at? - Elizabeth Bowen A House in Paris

Andoran

Steven Purcell wrote:
Where would the Irish be without someone to be Irish at? - Elizabeth Bowen A House in Paris

She does have a point.

Andoran

Steven Purcell wrote:
It’s funny how film titles turn out in franglish - Warren Clements

I know I've posted this before, but:

"PARIS, le 7 Juillet. Monsieur le Landlord--Sir: Pourquoi don't you mettez some savon in your bed-chambers? Est-ce que vous pensez I will steal it? La nuit passee you charged me pour deux chandelles when I only had one; hier vous avez charged me avec glace when I had none at all; tout les jours you are coming some fresh game or other on me, mais vous ne pouvez pas play this savon dodge on me twice. Savon is a necessary de la vie to anybody but a Frenchman, et je l'aurai hors de cet hotel or make trouble. You hear me. Allons. BLUCHER."
- Mark Twain, in Innocents Abroad

Andoran

"Just because the government isn't out to get you doesn't mean they won't."

"Perhaps it is time to rethink that hallmark tenet of today's compulsory political propriety, namely that all groups are in all ways equal. What if they aren't?"

"America knows how to get even with a country. It doesn't know how to get even with six congenitally furious goat-herds from an unsuccessful culture with too much sand."

"We have become two nations sharing a country."

- Fred Reed


“There [are] two opposing drives in human nature: the drive toward closeness to other human beings, and the drive toward being independent and self-sufficient.”

– Anthony Storr in Solitude: A Return to the Self


It's easier to improve talent in an enthusiastic musician than to create enthusiasm in a talented musician - Phil Coulter (no relation to Ann so far as I know)


“As humans, climate change is uniquely difficult for us, partly because we’re not used to thinking of long timescales, partly because it’s not in our nature to perform favours for people that aren’t born yet and partly because we have this double edge to our nature – ferociously clever and ingenious, which is what’s got us into this mess, but also very tribal.”

– Ian McEwan, British novelist


I wasn't sure where to put this, but I thought it was cute.

"An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine, which I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2,112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in the US capital which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the US than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion:
The US should pull out of Washington"


Bumper-Stickers Seen On Military Bases.

"Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."

" U.S. Marines - Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club."

" U.S. Air Force - Travel Agents To Allah"

"Stop Global Whining"

"When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine"

Naval Corollary: Dead Men Don't Testify.

"The Marine Corps - When It Absolutely, Positively Has To Be Destroyed Overnight"

"Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back"

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

"What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil"

"Marines - Providing Enemies of America an Opportunity To Die For their Country Since 1775"

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Anyone Who Threatens It"

"Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon"

"It's God's Job to Forgive Bin Laden - It's Our Job To Arrange The Meeting"

"Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl"

"One Shot, Twelve Kills - U.S. Naval Gun Fire Support"

"My Kid Fought In Iraq So Your Kid Can Party In College"

"Machine Gunners - Accuracy By Volume"

"A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy - Blessed Be The Peacemakers"

"If You Can Read This, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran"

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem." ...Ronald Reagan

Andoran

Bitter Thorn wrote:
The US should pull out of Washington

I've been wondering why we haven't for years.

Andoran

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Ronald Reagan

Speaking of which...

Shadow Lodge

The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

"We have become two nations sharing a country."

- Fred Reed

Read a very good article on this subject about a year ago. Can't find it now. :/


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Ronald Reagan
Speaking of which...

LOL!


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

"Christianity: the belief that some cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree."

- anonymous /. user

ROFL

Andoran

BitterThorn wrote:
"Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon"

QFT


"If you want to dine with the devil, you need a looong spoon!"- Jack Palance (Cyborg 2)

Andoran

"If atheism is a religion, then health is a disease."
- Clark Adams


Orthos wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

"We have become two nations sharing a country."

- Fred Reed

Read a very good article on this subject about a year ago. Can't find it now. :/

Link it if you come across it please.

Shadow Lodge

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Orthos wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

"We have become two nations sharing a country."

- Fred Reed

Read a very good article on this subject about a year ago. Can't find it now. :/
Link it if you come across it please.

Found it.

It's Time to Part Company


If you love wealth more then liberty, the tranquility of servitude better then the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. ----Samuel Adams


"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other fourty nine." ----Thomas Jefferson


"In the beginning a patriot is a scarce man: Hated, feared and scorned; but in time, when his cause succeeds, the timid join them, because then it costs nothing to be a patriot."----Mark Twain


Orthos wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Orthos wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

"We have become two nations sharing a country."

- Fred Reed

Read a very good article on this subject about a year ago. Can't find it now. :/
Link it if you come across it please.

Found it.

It's Time to Part Company

I like that.

Thanks!

Andoran

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."
- Dom Helder Camara


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

- Dom Helder Camara

:)

701 to 750 of 1,464 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Quotes Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.