Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Wicht's RotRL


Play-by-Post

3,701 to 3,750 of 3,937 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Male Human of the Shoanti Shriikirri-Quah Tribe Barbarian 3
DM Wicht wrote:
The poor goblin is quickly dazed, overwhelmed and tied up (I won't make you roll to the inevitable conclusion). He glares around at all of you, pure hatred in his eyes.

"That feels better," says Mitnal. "The goblin-friend look was making me uncomfortable."


Female Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 / Cleric 1 of Sivhana

"Yeah, but the goblin-enemy look is making me feel uncomfortable," Jessa declares, "I never should have put that charm on him. Now I feel so guilty about it..."

She looks around again at their surroundings. "Well, if we're going to rest here, we'd better make sure we reactivate that trap. And we've got to secure this goblin to make sure he doesn't gnaw through his ropes and escape...or worse, slit our throats during the night or bring back lots of his friends."


Male Human of the Shoanti Shriikirri-Quah Tribe Barbarian 3
Jeslara "Jessa" Eventide wrote:

"Yeah, but the goblin-enemy look is making me feel uncomfortable," Jessa declares, "I never should have put that charm on him. Now I feel so guilty about it..."

She looks around again at their surroundings. "Well, if we're going to rest here, we'd better make sure we reactivate that trap. And we've got to secure this goblin to make sure he doesn't gnaw through his ropes and escape...or worse, slit our throats during the night or bring back lots of his friends."

'Please just let me kill him. Please just let me kill him. Please just ...,' thinks Mitnal before casually picking up his klar and saying. "Jeslara? Maybe if you feel bad, I should take the goblin out in the hall and let him run free as I'm sure he was meant to do."


heheh ^_^


Female Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 / Cleric 1 of Sivhana
Mitnal wrote:
"Jeslara? Maybe if you feel bad, I should take the goblin out in the hall and let him run free as I'm sure he was meant to do."

"I already thought of that, Mitnal. But, as upset as he looks now, I'm sure he'd just go find more of his friends and lead them right back to us. And, as beat up as we are, I'm not sure we could hold off another group of goblins."

The girl sighs and rubs her tired eyes. "It would have been so much easier if I hadn't charmed him and he'd just fallen in battle like the others..."


Male Raven (Magical Beast) n/a

"RAWWK! Off with his head!" Blackwing announces in the middle of Jessa's indecision. The bird always seems to give voice to the things she would never contemplate herself.


Male Human of the Shoanti Shriikirri-Quah Tribe Barbarian 3

"What's that bird on about," says Mitnal with loud, feigned surprise hoping to distract the goblin. Bluff check: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Attack with klar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Unless that's a coup-de-grace because he's helpless.


"Aaack!" says the goblin, attempting to duck and roll out of the way. Mitnal clips a bit from his ear and shoulder.

The goblin proceeds to wail and scream as he rolls on the floor trying to wiggle loose from the ropes.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Celestial Bloodline) 4

"Mitnal, what...? Oh, damn."

I pluck the wand from my belt and use another charge.
magic missile (2d4+2=5)


Male Human Ki Mystic Monk 4

Kenzo gets between the large barbarian and the little goblin. "Mitnal! We can't kill him! Not while he's tied up! C'mon, man, I was just trying to put him to sleep. Seriously."


The Magic missiles hit, "Aaagh, Stupid Longboots not fighting fair! Let me out. I'll kill you. Stupid dog lovers with nasty horses. I'll curse you."

He doesn't seem happy.


Male Human of the Shoanti Shriikirri-Quah Tribe Barbarian 3
Kenzo wrote:

Kenzo gets between the large barbarian and the little goblin. "Mitnal! We can't kill him! Not while he's tied up! C'mon, man, I was just trying to put him to sleep. Seriously."

"Why not?" asks Mitnal confused, certain that he will never understand these lowlanders. "It's a goblin!"


The goblin continues to shriek, "I hope your horses kick you when you are eating! I hope your dogs bite you when you are sleeping and eat off your ugly noses! I curse you with a plague of fleas and broken teeth! May the dark mother kiss you with disease and rotting bones so that the wild beasts will grow fat on your putrid corpses!"


Male Human of the Shoanti Shriikirri-Quah Tribe Barbarian 3

"It's making too much noise!" complains Mitnal. "Just kill it!!"


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Celestial Bloodline) 4

"By Our Fair Lady will you just shut up!"

In a state of confusion and annoyance, I cast daze upon the noisy goblin.


Male Human Ki Mystic Monk 4

Hmmmm . . . interesting question. Can you coup de grace for nonlethal damage? He's bound, so he's helpless for an automatic hit & critical, and monks can choose lethal v. nonlethal damage. Anyone see why not?

"Excuse me," Kenzo says to Mitnal, and then turns around and punches the goblin hard, square on the jaw.

Nonlethal damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Nonlethal damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


We'll let Kenzo knock him out.

The goblin dazed and tied is no match for the young monk's fist. His eyes roll and he stops squirming and shouting.


Female Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 / Cleric 1 of Sivhana

"Gag him," Jessa flatly suggests, "And then tie a rope to him and hoist him way up to the ceiling or something. That way, if he does manage to free himself, he'll just fall and sprain an ankle or something so he can't run..."

She looks around the room with a shudder. "It's the only way I think I'll feel safe here."


Male Human of the Shoanti Shriikirri-Quah Tribe Barbarian 3
Jeslara "Jessa" Eventide wrote:

"Gag him," Jessa flatly suggests, "And then tie a rope to him and hoist him way up to the ceiling or something. That way, if he does manage to free himself, he'll just fall and sprain an ankle or something so he can't run..."

She looks around the room with a shudder. "It's the only way I think I'll feel safe here."

'I can think of other ways,' thinks Mitnal but he proceeds to gag the goblin, tie it, and looks for a way to hoist it to the ceiling.


Male Human Ki Mystic Monk 4

"Alright then," Kenzo says as he plops down on the ground. "So who wants to stand first watch with me? And how do we secure the door?"


Male Raven (Magical Beast) n/a

"AWK?" Blackwing mutters and waddles over next to Kenzo.


The night passes uneventfully, except for the snoring of the sleeping group members. In fact, it is deathly silent here, under the island. Even the flickering skulls don't make a sound and in this particular room, it is impossible to hear the ocean.


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Celestial Bloodline) 4

I would have volunteered for either first or final watch.

Need my 8 hours.


Female Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 / Cleric 1 of Sivhana

Same here, but looks like we're all safe.

"Well, let's hope the fact that the night passed uneventfully means those goblins have fled their nest. Or, perhaps they're too frightened to come down here?"

She looks to make sure their goblin captive is still...captive. Then, she starts checking on everyone to assess their readiness to push on...whether deeper into the ruins, or back to Sandpoint.

What's our hit point situation? Jessa should be able to channel energy a few times to put folks back on their feet.


Don't forget that you have both Nualia and the goblin as prisoners.


Male Human Ki Mystic Monk 4

"How much of this place do you think we've seen?" Keliwyn asks as he stretches to loosen up muscles stiff from a night of sleeping. "Now that we have Nualia, do we check out the rest? Or head back to Sandpoint?"


Male Human Ki Mystic Monk 4

"How much of this place do you think we've seen?" Keliwyn asks as he stretches to loosen up muscles stiff from a night of sleeping. "Now that we have Nualia, do we check out the rest? Or head back to Sandpoint?"

Kenzo is at full hp. I think.


Female Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 / Cleric 1 of Sivhana

"We should question her..." Jessa whispers, nodding at Nualia, "We need to know what she knows about this place. And, any plans she had for attacking Sandpoint. Otherwise, our attempt to stop her could all go for naught."


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Celestial Bloodline) 4

Up to 6 hit points!

I whisper back: "Can you charm her?"


Male Human of the Shoanti Shriikirri-Quah Tribe Barbarian 3

Mitnal sits in a corner and polishes his klar.


Female Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 / Cleric 1 of Sivhana
Gyorgy Elberion wrote:
I whisper back: "Can you charm her?"

"Maybe. But have you seen her hand? With that kind of religious 'blessing' my magic might have a hard time taking effect...especially if Lamashtu still watches over her. I suppose we should start by seeing what we get out of her with a normal discussion. Then, if appealing to her own pride doesn't loosen her tongue, I suppose we could try a charm."


Male Human Ki Mystic Monk 4

"Her, on the otherhand," Kenzo's says, "I don't mind leaving alone for some one-on-one time with Mitnal."


So what is the plan?


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Celestial Bloodline) 4

"Um, I think we should get out of here without disturbing anything else."

I look around the room and shrug: "We've done what we came to. If we need to come back, we can."


Female Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 / Cleric 1 of Sivhana

"We should at least talk to her before we pull up stakes," Jessa advises, "Who knows what she might have disturbed here. Ancient Thassilon fought incredible wars many years ago. If she's tapped into just a fraction of anything they left behind, it could positively devastate Sandpoint."

"By taking Nualia out of here...and slaying that goblin chieftain upstairs...we've hopefully deprived her army of its leadership. But that Lyrie and Orik are still on the loose. And even what's-his-name...Tsuto? Didn't you say he escaped? The town could still be in a lot of danger if they...or even the goblins...return and pick up where Nualia left off."

"Let's find out what we can first. Then we can decide on getting out of here..."


Male Human of the Shoanti Shriikirri-Quah Tribe Barbarian 3

Mitnal acquiesces with a shrug and continues cleaning his klar.


Nualia is just awake, though still weak from blood loss. She is not happy about being trussed up and doesn't seem to want to talk. Methods of persuasion will need to be devised. Sense Motive rolls can also be made.


Female Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 / Cleric 1 of Sivhana

"Finally, you're awake!" Jessa greets their captive, "This is quite the archaeological find you have here. But I don't think you know what you're dealing with. The Thassilonians commanded incredible power. But, without fully understanding it, that power can't be properly controlled and it could completely consume the unprepared."

I'm trying to remember what we've all learned about Nualia so far...so someone help me here...

"Look, Nualia, you've been through a lot. But none of that warrants attacking Sandpoint with an army of goblins. We've already slain the chieftain upstairs and routed the rest of his tribe. Lyrie and Orik abandoned you. That bugbear is dead. And we sent every last one of your yeth hounds back to the Abyss. And, yes, I know what they are...and I know what you are, too...or what you tried to become. This is all wrong for you. You're just a girl who had a hard life and some very bad experiences. But you don't have to let those things change you into a monster. It's not too late to turn back."

"Now tell us, please," she asks, "What did you find here in these ruins? We read Tsuto's journal. And we know you consulted with the quasit under the Glassworks. So we know you came here for a reason. What was it?"

Sense Motive check... 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Human Ki Mystic Monk 4

Jessa channels Dr. Phil . . . .

"Jessa,I don't expect she's going to tell us much. Okay, Mitnal might get her to talk, but not you. Not unless you make her your 'friend' like you did with the goblin," Kenzo says. He looks to the others, and then adds, "I say we bring her back to Sandpoint, and get out of her. We've caused enough havoc that any invasion should be delayed, if not off completely. Without their leaders, the goblins will likely scatter and run."


Male Human (Varisian) Sorcerer (Celestial Bloodline) 4
Kenzo wrote:

Jessa channels Dr. Phil . . . .

"Jessa,I don't expect she's going to tell us much. Okay, Mitnal might get her to talk, but not you. Not unless you make her your 'friend' like you did with the goblin," Kenzo says. He looks to the others, and then adds, "I say we bring her back to Sandpoint, and get out of her. We've caused enough havoc that any invasion should be delayed, if not off completely. Without their leaders, the goblins will likely scatter and run."

"I think Kenzo's right, we've done what we came to do."

I shrug and look around the room; "If we need to come back and mop up then we can but we came to stop an attack and I think we've done that."

I turn to Jessa: "Don't look too hard at the ruins, I know you're interested but you can find out what she has to say back at Sandpoint, and Brodert can help you out."


Male Human Ki Mystic Monk 4

"So, what do you all say? Shall we get out of here?"


Female Human Wizard (Diviner) 2 / Cleric 1 of Sivhana

"I don't know." Jessa seems unsure. "I'll be just as worried about what else might be lurking in these ruins...like that huge beast we saw earlier...that might yet threaten Sandpoint. But it's up to you guys. I certainly can't stay here alone."

Taldor

Jeslara "Jessa" Eventide wrote:
"I don't know." Jessa seems unsure. "I'll be just as worried about what else might be lurking in these ruins...like that huge beast we saw earlier...that might yet threaten Sandpoint. But it's up to you guys. I certainly can't stay here alone."

"Jess, look at me, my clothes are sticking to me. With my own blood."

I cast my arm out, indicating the whole place: "Nualia is defeated, her mercenaries sent packing. At the very least the invasion is disrupted enough that we can go home, make sure everyone is alright, and then come back."

[ooc]Looks like two votes to leave, one to stay... it's all up to Mitnal."


Male Raven (Magical Beast) n/a
GeraintElberion wrote:
Looks like two votes to leave, one to stay... it's all up to Mitnal...

"RAWK?"


Everyone turns to look at the big barbarian.


Male Human Ki Mystic Monk 4

Hey, what happened to Eugen? I knew it was a while since he posted, but didn't realize exactly how long it's been.


Kenzo wrote:
Hey, what happened to Eugen? I knew it was a while since he posted, but didn't realize exactly how long it's been.

I'll give him a nudge.


Male Human Fighter 1

thanks for the nudge! I need to catch up and try to post, I'll have some time to do that later today. been having a hectic term.


Male Human Fighter 1

excerpted - Eugen's journal of (exploration crossed out) random travels, pg. 73

Day... something, lost track...
let's just say XX (fix this later)

...

Feeling a bit out of my element at the moment, not quite sure what to do with myself. Helped Gyorgy and Mitnal truss and suspend the goblin (the poor bugger started crying while we were hoisting him, we had to get Kenzo to knock him out again just so we could get some sleep. I took pity during my watch and gave him a little rat's blood to drink, mostly for the practical purpose of having something to do and also keeping him quiet so the others could sleep.)

Find myself mostly crouching around in corners waiting and watching. Trying to keep one eye on Nualia (not really convinced she's declawed) and the other on the nearest exits... One ear out for sounds of attack (hard to hear anything over that infernal fountain), and the other ear listening for any plans that get my hackles up.

So far so good, so far so quiet. No plans, no attacks, no change. Itchy fingers. Knees getting sore from all this crouching, I should switch back to pacing maybe. Or take a nap.

As far as plans go Jessa seems to have the best local knowledge, but she seems hesitant or unsure, maybe she is just waiting, not wanting to commit alone. Fortunately the rest of us seem foolhardy enough to plunge into anything that seems to have a solid beginning and at least the hint of a positive outcome.

I don't know what we should do. Cut off Nualia's head and let the demons out, or haul her back to town and risk letting her charm the life out of everyone. Take her with us and travel deeper into these catacombs. I'm not sure. For now I'll wait and see what the others envision. Maybe there's some way to keep her from harming innocents while we bring her to justice, or maybe some way to take advantage of her knowledge. Even tied up she seems double edged.

...


So, go or stay?

3,701 to 3,750 of 3,937 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Wicht's RotRL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.