Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Combat Maps


Rise of the Runelords

151 to 200 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Watcher! wrote:

I had an afterthought...

I said this earlier, but I wanted to restate it.

If you want to thank me, go out and run a Pathfinder game as soon as possible, and make it the best game you can.

Most of us would like to see the Pathfinder campaign setting and brand be as strong as possible. We can buy stuff, we can review stuff, and we can stick our tongues out at WOTC all day long...

...But nothing will take the place of a really fun game in the hearts and minds other people, who might then spread the word.

That will make Pathfinder strong. It's best 4th Edition survival vitamin we could give to Paizo- regardless of what they're going to do or not do when 4th edition finally comes out.

Thanks again!

Well it practically sells itself-my players are in love w/ golarion after just book # 1....and between PF, the crit deck, and the battle board, they are planning on buying lots of stuff from paizo...

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Send them my way please.

sirurza@gmail.com


I'd love to see them, as well.
Austinnickell at gmail.com :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I would also love to see them as well. Email: shinwonmoon@hotmail.com

Oh, and I just installed PosteRazor and have been trying to figure out the dimensions to get all the beautiful maps to scale (one inch squares so I can put my minis on them). Anyone know how to do this? Paper and ink is not a concern. :D

Thanks in advance :)

The Exchange

Hey, why dont you upload the maps and ther files at rapidshare or megaupload (or another one that you may like)?
that way you can just post the link and ppl will DL it without bothering you.
Edit: if you do so, plz upload a .rar with all of them. thanks
Edit2: if you dont like to upload things, send the maps to me too =P neyvictor@gmail.com.


Available for download here.

Enjoy!


THANKS LILITH!


Pathfinder Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I downloaded the maps, and they look great. I don't have any fancy programs, but I do have access to a color laser printer.

Using something like MS Paint, is there an easy way to make sure that the files print 1" to the square across multiple pieces of paper?

My first test run of the glassworks basement on black and white resulted in squares that were too small.


I will add myself to the evergrowing list.

andrewibhunt@yahoo.com

Thanks!


colour me interested

achwas at bigfoot dot com

Big thanks !

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Lilith wrote:

Available for download here.

Enjoy!

Just so you know, they are now available for download (see link in quote), without anyone having to e-mail them to you.


Michael F wrote:

I downloaded the maps, and they look great. I don't have any fancy programs, but I do have access to a color laser printer.

Using something like MS Paint, is there an easy way to make sure that the files print 1" to the square across multiple pieces of paper?

My first test run of the glassworks basement on black and white resulted in squares that were too small.

I'm not sure Michael. I know that they were saved so that the original size is actually 1" to five feet.

Sorry I'm not more helpful in that regard, but I had a color plotter to work with, and now so does the fellow that has been helping me print the ones out of the books.


Djoc wrote:
Lilith wrote:

Available for download here.

Enjoy!

Just so you know, they are now available for download (see link in quote), without anyone having to e-mail them to you.

Quite right Djoc, you can now help yourself!


Cesare wrote:

I would also love to see them as well. Email: shinwonmoon@hotmail.com

Oh, and I just installed PosteRazor and have been trying to figure out the dimensions to get all the beautiful maps to scale (one inch squares so I can put my minis on them). Anyone know how to do this? Paper and ink is not a concern. :D

Thanks in advance :)

use photoshop to scale the image to proper dimensions, then use posterrazor


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Ebolav wrote:
Cesare wrote:

I would also love to see them as well. Email: shinwonmoon@hotmail.com

Oh, and I just installed PosteRazor and have been trying to figure out the dimensions to get all the beautiful maps to scale (one inch squares so I can put my minis on them). Anyone know how to do this? Paper and ink is not a concern. :D

Thanks in advance :)

use photoshop to scale the image to proper dimensions, then use posterrazor

And if you don't have Photoshop you can use GIMP instead (which is a free image manipulation software ala Photoshop). Click HERE if you want GIMP for Windows.


More importantly (to me at least :P) what am I going to use for maps for PF # 2? Also, is it true that future PFs will have more PDF-friendly maps, making printing maps to use for play easier? Has this happened yet?


nevermind-i just tinkered with # 4, and cutting and pasting maps could NOT be easier, even removes the room # tags! wow!


Ebolav wrote:
nevermind-i just tinkered with # 4, and cutting and pasting maps could NOT be easier, even removes the room # tags! wow!

<nods>

That really sort of made any future efforts redundant. Though I did have a buddy to help me with Chapter Two.


Pathfinder Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I was able to open the JPG in Adobe because I have PDF writer, not just the reader. I scaled up a bit and was able to print out the glassworks map at just about 1" per square.

I also printed out the PDF version of the original festival area map by erian_7

Thanks to everyone who worked on these!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Michael F, could you further elaborate how you made it work? I'm a bit computer illiterate, so I might need to be walked through this. I have Posterazor.


Pathfinder Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Cesare wrote:
Michael F, could you further elaborate how you made it work? I'm a bit computer illiterate, so I might need to be walked through this. I have Posterazor.

I didn't bother with posterazor. If I write-click on the bit-map or JPEG files, one of my options is to "convert to PDF". I'm no techie, so I have no idea if this is because I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat 6.0 installed on this PC, not just the reader.

When I click on "convert to PDF", the bitmap or JPEG file opens in Adobe. It doesn't actually save a new file to the disk unless you request that when you close Adobe.

Anyway, when I click on print in Adobe, I get some options in a dialog box. I choose "tile all pages" from a drop down list, which will cause whatever I'm trying to print to splash accross multiple pages.

There's a small print preview pane in the print dialog box that I use to estimate if I need to scale up the print job to get 1" squares. I estimate the scaling by the number of squares in the map. If it's 24 squares by 20 squares, I know I need it to take up most of 3 by 2 sheets of letter size paper, or a total of six sheets. I muck with the scaling until the preview pane shows me that I hit my target, then I hit print.


I would like to receive the maps. I hope it's not to late.

brad-pet@hotmail.fr

Regards.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Lilith wrote:

Available for download here.

Enjoy!


Great maps! Thanks a bunch! Saved me tons of work as I never got the hang of Dunjinni and just gave up on it. It just never seemed to work for me. But these maps of yours are fantastic.

Again Thanks


Odonna Mirrin wrote:

Great maps! Thanks a bunch! Saved me tons of work as I never got the hang of Dunjinni and just gave up on it. It just never seemed to work for me. But these maps of yours are fantastic.

Again Thanks

You're welcome!

Dundjinni is tricky to the point of being annoying. When last I frequented the site, they had a tutorial- but you couldn't complete the tutorial without the full version of the program (certain things were disabled in the free trial).

They don't have a manual, they have a Help file. It's not bad, but it's not good either. And I rarely like to be that harsh, but in this case I will be. The Forum Admins would pass my questions off with "read the manual" and when I told them it wasn't in the Help Files and defied them to prove me wrong, they backed off.

Last I checked, you can't run the current version of Java, but an older version. If you be the current version you have to uninstall it and downgrade. If you don't- the program doesn't work and the mouse won't drop anything where you need it to be. They may have patched that by now.

Resizing and printing is a chore, and just as tricky as folks on this board have found using .bmps and .jpegs.

You can move around certain art pieces in folders that you've imported manually, but if it's art that has been insalled through a self-installing file- you have leave it right where the program put it, or it won't work.

See what I mean?
None of this was particular difficult after spending time researching stuff on their forums, but it's a lot of stuff to bear in mind in trying to use an allegedly easy program.

I hear CCC is more difficult to use, but Dundjinni needs a programming overhaul.


I would love a copy of the maps (dundjinni format or jpeg or whatever) if Watcher! or anyone else could send a copy.

pjenders{at}gmail.com

Thanks a bunch!


Riley wrote:

I would love a copy of the maps (dundjinni format or jpeg or whatever) if Watcher! or anyone else could send a copy.

pjenders{at}gmail.com

Thanks a bunch!

There's a nice help yourself link just a few posts above this one...


Me too, please, if you're still at it. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Thanks, Watcher! I missed Lillith's link....

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Sorry for being late to the party. I would love to be included in your map share.

deathboy1_home@yahoo.com


I would really love to be included in the map share as well! Thank you for your hard work!

calmatreun@gmail.com

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps Subscriber

I know the files are available as jpegs, but if I could get Dundjinni files that would be great.

christian.johnson at gmail.com


Thanks for the interest!

There is a nice "Help Yourself" link

HERE

While you're at DMTools. org.. please look around. Lilith, a community regular, has a nice little website there. Maybe you feel like continuting to her resources!


Christian Johnson wrote:

I know the files are available as jpegs, but if I could get Dundjinni files that would be great.

christian.johnson at gmail.com

I'll see what I can do.


No don't print them, do like I do. Take your big computer monitor and gently lay it face up on four rolls of toilet paper for legs and use it as a game board. Just make sure you have felt on the bottom of all your figs, or you'll have a beach of a time getting the scratches out. Then just open the pdf of the adventure and zoom in until it becomes to scale.Now you can just scroll the direction the party is traveling. Works really well when the whole group is reduced to 1/12 there normal size by an exploding rod of wonder too.

Wouldn't be so geeky if someone actually did that?

};{>
Rustle

The Exchange

Russell Akred wrote:

<snip>

Wouldn't be so geeky if someone actually did that?

Rustle

All you need is an overhead projector. Hang it from the ceiling and project from your laptop onto the table. Voila!

I'm being serious here. Not that hard. Only issue is a long enough cord from projector to laptop.

-Derek


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Derek Lane wrote:
Russell Akred wrote:

<snip>

Wouldn't be so geeky if someone actually did that?

Rustle

All you need is an overhead projector. Hang it from the ceiling and project from your laptop onto the table. Voila!

I'm being serious here. Not that hard. Only issue is a long enough cord from projector to laptop.

-Derek

As a matter of fact, several gaming groups do something similar to this and there's a whole thread over at ENWorld where they discuss this kind of setup.

Linky to the thread


Yeah, I went to bed thinking of how to do it.

I pictured scanning the maps into photoshop and scaling them up to 1" per square. Put a top layer of black covering all the non map areas and put a black background behind it all. Separating the map in to layers with one room per layer so you can show rooms as the players enter them. Then right above the background layer of black make all the map layers masked by a 8" circle of light surrounded by the 50% opacity area that extends out twice as far. Then as the torch carrier moves the GM can move the light source mask.

Oh how wonderfully geeky. Now I just have to talk the wife into either the projector or the big screen monitor.

Rustle


You all have inspired me to have some fun with Turtleback. Since there is a combat and other encounters there I think a map is in order. So here is Turtleback population 400 on the shore of the Stoval River. Not a combat map per say but you can use it to plan one.

Turtleback Ferry Map

http://www.creativeservicesdesign.com/pathfinder/turtleback.pdf

Now I just need to run the adventure for my table.

Rustle


Russell Akred wrote:

You all have inspired me to have some fun with Turtleback. Since there is a combat and other encounters there I think a map is in order. So here is Turtleback population 400 on the shore of the Stoval River. Not a combat map per say but you can use it to plan one.

Turtleback Ferry Map

http://www.creativeservicesdesign.com/pathfinder/turtleback.pdf

Now I just need to run the adventure for my table.

Rustle

Looks awesome! Good Job!

Liberty's Edge RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Great map!! Thanks for making it available to us lazy slobs.... :)


catdragon wrote:
Great map!! Thanks for making it available to us lazy slobs.... :)

I second that, on behalf of all the lazy slobs out there :)


Ebolav wrote:
catdragon wrote:
Great map!! Thanks for making it available to us lazy slobs.... :)
I second that, on behalf of all the lazy slobs out there :)

The nice thing is you can zoom in really close. Close enough to use as a battlemap if you so choose. Take it to 800% and see what I mean.

Rustle


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Awesome Russell! Thank you.

Russell Akred wrote:

You all have inspired me to have some fun with Turtleback. Since there is a combat and other encounters there I think a map is in order. So here is Turtleback population 400 on the shore of the Stoval River. Not a combat map per say but you can use it to plan one.

Turtleback Ferry Map

http://www.creativeservicesdesign.com/pathfinder/turtleback.pdf

Now I just need to run the adventure for my table.

Rustle


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Maps Subscriber

Raises his hand.

Mind if I have a copy of the maps too?

Shot them to me at abillings at kc dot rr dot com

Thanks!


Watcher! wrote:

Good Lord, I thought there might be one person.

Heh.

Lilith is right.. I export them to .bmp format, so no special viewers are required. The files are kinda big, so I'll zip them into individual folders. There might be a couple e-mails.

Some can be cropped even further to reduce the file size, save paper and ink. I'm not a graphically inclined person, so bear that in mind. I got Dundjinni to overcome a shortcoming, to enhance a natural talent. Eh.. but they came out pretty good. They'll bridge the the mind's eye to the actual descriptive tet.

If I don't do it this afternoon, I will do it when I come home from work this evening.

I am interested ... thedmspeaks @ gmail.com


Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Ebolav wrote:
catdragon wrote:
Great map!! Thanks for making it available to us lazy slobs.... :)
I second that, on behalf of all the lazy slobs out there :)

I too must bow tankfully as one of the lowly lazy slobs, great works guys (and lady).


I've been making some floorplans for Burnt Offerings and Sandpoint. I'm a bit behind you lot as we plan to start the adventure in two weeks.

The plans can be found at rpgmapshare.com and a search for runelords will find them all.

So far I have done:

The Rusty Dragon Inn
Vin's General Store for the Shopkeepers Daughter event
Barett's House for Monster in the closet event

I've also nearly finished the Glassworks as I hadn't seen Watchers version, may or may not bother now.

These are all done in Dundjinni too and I have supplied versions with and without grids.

If anybody can think of other locations that would be worth drawing up I'm happy to help. Just let me know but I'm going to focus on the first adventures and Sandpoint first as that's what we are likely to need quickest.


Gr4ys wrote:


I've also nearly finished the Glassworks as I hadn't seen Watchers version, may or may not bother now.

You are far more proficient than I am!

If you like, I can send you my Dundjinni original files of the Glassworks. Then you can doctor mine up without starting from scratch.. It might save you some time.


Watcher wrote:
Gr4ys wrote:


I've also nearly finished the Glassworks as I hadn't seen Watchers version, may or may not bother now.

You are far more proficient than I am!

If you like, I can send you my Dundjinni original files of the Glassworks. Then you can doctor mine up without starting from scratch.. It might save you some time.

@Watcher - I'd be interested in the raw DJ files, if you're willing to share. I d'led the PDFs that were available, but when blowing them up to battlemap size they get a little pixelized. (If you do, address is robby.anderson -at- yahoo.com - and many thanks.)

I'm going to start creating maps as well for ones that don't exist (or aren't available) - I'll make sure to follow the excellent example set here and share them. :)

Liberty's Edge

I would love to see the fight at the festival scene with grid. I plan on taking these to Kinkos and printing them out on the plotter.

Thanks

151 to 200 of 270 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Rise of the Runelords / Combat Maps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.