Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Gobbo's Savage Tide


Play-by-Post

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,313 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

“Be at peace Seann,” murmurs the priest. “This thing is now at rest, and we shall need your focus to help us through the trials to come.”


Male Human Wizard 9

A difficult target at the best of times, there are also a number of his allies standing in the way of their remaining foe. Marius therefore opts to hold his position for now. "Surrender is an option, you know," he tells the rather heavily outnumbered man.

Delay action, most likely meaning a skipped round unless an opportunity presents itself.


Startled, the man stops swatting at the butterflies for a moment, “Surrender? I was surrendered, you damn kids.”

“Look, just put your weapons back in their sheaths and calm your pet here and we’ll all go and see the Lady. You young folks might not know this yet, but it is not nice to keep a lady waiting!”


“How can we know you do not lead us into a trap?” asks Eldin, lowering his wand and hoping that his companions will follow his lead and choose to parlay … but knowing from past (recent) experience that he has no control over whether they do or do not.


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
G'mork wrote:

Startled, the man stops swatting at the butterflies for a moment, “Surrender? I was surrendered, you damn kids.”

“Look, just put your weapons back in their sheaths and calm your pet here and we’ll all go and see the Lady. You young folks might not know this yet, but it is not nice to keep a lady waiting!”

"Hey, I'm not touching him. You calm him down."


Male Human Wizard 9

"You will, I trust, forgive me if I am not disposed towards being nice to the lady," Marius says, fixing him with a glare, "Surrender - true surrender - also implies that we need not worry about fighting you in the future. However the negotiations might go. Have we that assurance?"

His tone of voice is ever so slightly cynical. No assurances at this point would persuade him to lower his guard, but wantonly killing everyone they run across will leave precious little incentive for anybody to surrender in the future. Not everybody in the guild is a vicious, treacherous bastard, and there are definitely people whose blood he'd rather not have on his hands.


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid 3 Experience points-3000

The Beast becomes Terin again and raises his scimitar to the instructor's throat.
"You call me a 'pet' one more time or use your cruel animal treatment methods upon me one more time and I swear by all the Gods of the Natural Order that I shall end you."


Male Human Fighter 3

Tyndal moves next to Eldin. "Hey Father, you mind fixing me up?"

He points to the spreading purple bruise on his ribs and his smashed nose.

Tyndal says, "I say we end him right now...he's just going to jump us when the deal with the Lady goes south. Convince us we need you old man, or you're going to end up with your dead dog right here"


“Not at all,” Eldin inclines his head, keeping a wary eye on the old man. He wipes the zombie g*$~ off the end of the wand with the edge of his cloak and then touches it to Tyndal’s bruised flesh, evoking the healing energy.

Heal: 3+1 = 4. Time permitting he’ll give Tyndal another dose if he’s still wounded.

The priest has been trained in diplomacy, and considers leading the parlay with the old man … but he sees little value in it, given the antagonistic attitude of some of his companions. He would feel uncomfortable in negotiating a truce only to have it broken by one of his companions. Eldin doesn’t get too caught up in concepts of honour and truth, but he tries to do the right thing – and that wouldn’t be right.


Eldin Farstrider wrote:
“How can we know you do not lead us into a trap?” asks Eldin, lowering his wand and hoping that his companions will follow his lead and choose to parlay … but knowing from past (recent) experience that he has no control over whether they do or do not.

The old man smirks a little as he replys, “You don’t, but I can tell you I won’t and we can all pretend I’m a thief with a heart of gold. Deal?”

Marius Hawk wrote:
"Have we that assurance?"

“See, now if you’d used that brain earlier, you wouldn’t have ended up tied to a chair.”

Indifferent, the elder trainer asks Terin to accompany him, “Two legs, if you don’t mind.”

Eldin Farstrider wrote:
Time permitting...

Should be enough time while everyone is gabbing.


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
Eldin Farstrider wrote:
“Not at all,” Eldin inclines his head, keeping a wary eye on the old man. He wipes the zombie g~@~ ...

g~@~ ?

By the way; Mike, I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for an art workshop at the Savannah College of Art and Design, and I'm not sure about what kind of internet access I'll have, so if I haven't posted by tomorrow evening, please NPC my character.


Seann Eoghan wrote:
By the way; Mike...

Will do, appreciate the heads up. Still recovering from my whacked out sleep schedule from yesterday, was nice to get out, though. Have an awesome time; learn lots!


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
G'mork wrote:
Seann Eoghan wrote:
By the way; Mike...
Will do, appreciate the heads up. Still recovering from my whacked out sleep schedule from yesterday, was nice to get out, though. Have an awesome time; learn lots!

I'm here, and I have internet! WIN!


Seann Eoghan wrote:
I'm here, and I have internet! WIN!

You are ahead of me then, hah. Grats on a safe arrival; internet good (well, when it isn’t causing the illusion of societies morals to circle the drain with its evils, anyhow)!

Tyndal Maelglum wrote:
“Convince us we need you old man, or you're going to end up with your dead dog right here"

The man mulls over Tyndal’s comments, retrieving a small vial of iridescent blue liquid from his pocket as he does so. “Truth be told, young man, you probably don’t need me, and I most certainly would attack you again if you were impertinent enough to be rude to my mistress.”

With a mock toast in your direction, he quaffs the contents of the glass container, following up the drink with a loud, “Ah!,” and smacking his lips a bit. He continues, “That said, I’m not overeager to kill myself by throwing my body in front of your group a second time, so at least come with me and hear the Lady out. You might find what she has to say worth your while, and not having murdered me could result in a better offer!”


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid 3 Experience points-3000

And when we turn her offer down? Then what? You and her gang up and attack us? You are surrendered. Allow us to bind your hands and tether your feet and I swear you shall live no matter what goes on between your master and us, otherwise I would rather deal with you now and that won't leave you living.
Make a choice.

*readies an action to attack if he looks to flee.*


The man sighs and claps his hand to his forehead, "You still don't get it, do you son? I train escape artists for a living."

“I learned a long time ago not to presume to speak for what the lady might or might not do. It’s why I’m still alive, unlike that Penkus fellow.”


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid 3 Experience points-3000

Terin gives a vicious looking smile, "Are you sure about that Penkus part?.......
So what do we do to ensure you don't team up with your master against us?"


“Well, dead or run off, he ain’t been back for quite some time now,” he tells you. Exasperated, he says, “I can’t imagine how you young folks made it down this far.”

Can I get spot and listen checks from Marius and Seann?


“It seems that we are at something of an impasse here,” speaks Eldin, stepping forward, “but our main quarrel is not with you nor your lady, but with one Vanthus Vanderboren. Perhaps your lady can help us find him. Now, you were heading to see her and we were heading to see her, so why do we not both proceed in this direction? We give an undertaking to talk with the lady rather than rush in with blades drawn, if you will undertake to allow us the chance to speak freely without being ambushed. Does that sound fair?” He looks at much as the rest of his group as the old man.

No doubt things will not be as simple as all that, but the fact remains that they will sooner or later need to face the Lady of the Lotus, and if they are to be ambushed he would rather it was within striking distance of her than not.

Diplomacy: 14+8 = 22.
Another wand charge on Tyndal: 6+1 = 7


Male Human Rogue 2/Swashbuckler 1

"Indeed, shall we see what she has to say? Questioning corpses is so much less informative..."


Male Human Fighter 3

"But a lot more profitable, corpses tend not to care when you take their stuff."

Tyndal wipes the dried blood off his face and nods at Eldin with thanks.

"Let's just get this over with. Just kill him first if there's a doublecross"


Male Human Wizard 9

Spot: 1d20+1=14, Listen: 1d20+1=17

"Insofar as I have a voice in the matter, he does raise valid points," Marius says, "I imagine how well the negotiations will go will depend very much on what the Lady thinks you have to offer her. And of course whether you're willing to offer it."

For his part, Marius continues to keep an eye out. The longer they stand about talking, the better the odds of reinforcements showing up. He somehow doubts that event would be greeted with peace and goodwill from anybody.


The grease dissipates, drying into a sticky resin.

Marius Hawk wrote:
Spot: 1d20+1=14, Listen: 1d20+1=17

Intent on the old man, you spot nothing out of place, though you have the sense of soft-soled shoes scuffing on stone from behind you. Three, maybe four people?

“As you don’t appear to be in any hurry to see my mistress, perhaps you can tell me how it is you came to be down here and how you made it past our defenses? That kind of information could prove valuable for strengthening the guild in the future.”

For Eldin or Terin:
Sense Motive DC 16:

Spoiler:
Although eager to hurry you along, the old man appears to have switched tactics and is now delaying you. He casts a few surreptitious glances behind you when he believes you aren’t paying attention.

Eldin Farstrider wrote:
Diplomacy: 14+8 = 22.

“Finally. Good to see someone making sense, I’m not getting younger you know. Are you ready to follow, or should I expect a knife in my back?“

“As much as my word is worth to you, I promise you will not be attacked until after you conclude your meeting with the lady.” Oddly enough, he raises his voice a bit for this comment, as if speaking to someone other than your group.


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
G'mork wrote:

“Well, dead or run off, he ain’t been back for quite some time now,” he tells you. Exasperated, he says, “I can’t imagine how you young folks made it down this far.”

Can I get spot and listen checks from Marius and Seann?

Spot: 7 + 0 = 7

Listen: 14 + 0 = 14


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid/4
G'mork wrote:


“Finally. Good to see someone making sense, I’m not getting younger you know. Are you ready to follow, or should I expect a knife in my back?“

“As much as my word is worth to you, I promise you will not be attacked until after you conclude your meeting with the lady.” Oddly enough, he raises his voice a bit for this comment, as if speaking to someone other than your group.

1d20 2=5 sense motive.

Who are you speaking to? You've made your choice I see...treachery!
Terin shifts into Beast form as a swift action and attacks.
1d20 6=18 attack, 1d6 5=8 damage.


Seann Eoghan wrote:
Spot: 7 + 0 = 7 / Listen: 14 + 0 = 14

The goings on ahead hold your rapt attention, and you hear nothing but the voices and the trickling of water farther down the cave system.

The Beast -Terin wrote:
1d20 2=5 sense motive. Terin shifts into Beast form as a swift action and attacks.

Wouldn't the sense motive failure make him seem...more...believable?


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid/4
G'mork wrote:
Seann Eoghan wrote:
Spot: 7 + 0 = 7 / Listen: 14 + 0 = 14

The goings on ahead hold your rapt attention, and you hear nothing but the voices and the trickling of water farther down the cave system.

The Beast -Terin wrote:
1d20 2=5 sense motive. Terin shifts into Beast form as a swift action and attacks.
Wouldn't the sense motive failure make him seem...more...believable?

In theory, yes, but that was to sense something prior to him talking as if to let someone behind us hear what he is saying. Terin doesn't like this guy one bit and that is the reason for his attack, the prior sense motive check to that doesn't matter. That act and him quaffing a potion have Terin angered and now he feels a trap.

My sense motive was to sense him stalling.


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
The Beast -Terin wrote:
G'mork wrote:


“Finally. Good to see someone making sense, I’m not getting younger you know. Are you ready to follow, or should I expect a knife in my back?“

“As much as my word is worth to you, I promise you will not be attacked until after you conclude your meeting with the lady.” Oddly enough, he raises his voice a bit for this comment, as if speaking to someone other than your group.

1d20 2=5 sense motive.

Who are you speaking to? You've made your choice I see...treachery!
Terin shifts into Beast form as a swift action and attacks.
1d20 6=18 attack, 1d6 5=8 damage.

Seann is panicking.

"What the HELL ARE YOU DOING?! Are you TRYING to get us ALL KILLED!?"

As his agitation builds, a halo of green begins to surround him, and his eyes flash golden.


Male Human Wizard 9

Making a note to himself that anything approaching reason is clearly a lost cause with Terin along, Marius moves to take cover from the expected attack from the rear, sighting his crossbow down the corridor.

"We're about to have company, people," he says.

Readied action to shoot at the first person to come into view.


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid/4
Seann Eoghan wrote:


"What the HELL ARE YOU DOING?! Are you TRYING to get us ALL KILLED!?"

ROARRRR!!!

If you speak Beast(which isn't possible)-
Spoiler:
I am trying to friggin' avoid an ambush, you twit! This bastard is trying to meet up with his superior to have a unified attack and I think there might be someone he is signaling behind us to try to coordinate this ambush! *Beast is a very efficient language*


Sense Motive: 16+3 = 19 … a bit late I know.

Eldin sighs and looks heavenwards, before preparing for battle. Yes, the old man was almost certainly stalling so that allies could move into favourable position, and yes, there would probably be an ambush prepared and waiting for them if they followed him to the Lady. But obscurely (perhaps naively), Eldin believed him when he said they would have a chance to say their piece, and he had hoped to at least have the chance to do this thing as bloodlessly as possible – either through diplomacy, or through a direct and sudden strike at the guild’s leader without having to fight through the entire guild to get to her … that chance now appeared to be gone.


Yeah, it would have worked. He was letting them know not to strike, but hey, the best laid plans and all that... ;) Apparently I've made you too jumpy, hah!


The Beast -Terin wrote:
*Beast is a very efficient language*

Ha!

Frustrated to distraction, Terin leaps upon the trainer. The beast has had enough! Clawing and biting at the old man, the closer he comes the more it feels as if he’s attempting to attack through a thick haze as the air around the elder solidifies with physical force.

Terin, can you make a will save please? The DC is 11, the potion he drank was Sanctuary. If you succeed, your attack works as normal (he’s AC 15, so it is a hit), otherwise you find he can’t be attacked.

"Not this again. One way or another, you're going to meet the mistress!"

Marius whirls around to witness a trio of descending blackjacks. As the weighted clubs connect with his forehead, he discharges his crossbow at the lead rogue (AC 14) . The world goes dark.

Attack (Sap) (1d20+1=15, 1d20+1=13, 1d20+1=17) \ Nonlethal damage - saps; sneak attack (1d6+1=7, 1d6=1, 1d6+1=4, 1d6=4, 1d6+1=2, 1d6=3)

Surprise round concluded, roll initiative please. :)

Yar, sucktastic init rolls on my part: Init (Rogues / Monk). (1d20+6=9, 1d20+2=9)


Male Human Wizard 9

1d20+3=8, 1d8=3 No joy there.


Marius Hawk wrote:
No joy there.

D'oh. I was hoping for some sort of heroic critical takedown before they walloped you. Never leave the wizard in the back in a thieves guild...


Male Human Fighter 3

Initiative (1d20 2=10)


Init roll of 8? That puts Eldin at init 9 - I assume the bad guys will have better dex scores that he, so he'll act after them.


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid/4

Made the will save to attack him-1d20 4=20


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)
The Beast -Terin wrote:
Seann Eoghan wrote:


"What the HELL ARE YOU DOING?! Are you TRYING to get us ALL KILLED!?"

ROARRRR!!!

If you speak Beast(which isn't possible)-
** spoiler omitted **

"GAAAH! Hey, I'm not stopping you!"


Male Human Rogue 2/Swashbuckler 1

Init 10 also, if we're going with the one-roll method...
Muttering angrily about choke chains, Ardan resumes his assault on the old man. 1d20+1=10
"What the..?!"
Had a threat until I remembered the will save!


Ardan wrote:
Had a threat until I remembered the will save!

That things a bugger, eh? I considered making it more apparent beforehand, but didn't want to spoil the frustration.


Initiative:

Ardan
Terin
Marius
Tyndal
Seann
Rogues
Trainer
Eldin

If anyone would like to change their initiative order, 1 action point will grant you a +4 to your initiative for this combat.


G'mork wrote:


If anyone would like to change their initiative order, 1 action point will grant you a +4 to your initiative for this combat.

Eldin will do so.

Spinning about, the priest is in time to see Marius fall to a trio of rogues. Fearing that they may take the opportunity to finish off the unconscious man, the priest's reflexes take over, and he quickly touches the healing want to Marius, sending a burst of positive energy to revive him.

Wand heals 6 points of damage and removes a like amount of non-lethal damage.


Eldin Farstrider wrote:
Wand heals 6 points of damage and removes a like amount of non-lethal damage.

Sweet! As you had to blow an action point to do so, I have no problem with Marius acting this round.


Terin up. :)


Male Wood Elf (+2str,+2dex,-2con,-2int) Druid/4

The Beast lunges up at the Trainer's throat, trying to rip out his windpipe with The Beast's long, feline fangs. 1d20 6=26 natural 20, 1d6 5=9, 1d20 6=24 critical confirmation, 1d6 5=8 for 9 damage or 17! if the critical is confirmed.
If the trainer is dead, The Beast lets out a terrible roar that reverberates through the hall.


Rock on. I blew the plaster off my Critical Hit Deck, and as we're talking fangs we'll go piercing for...Perfect Strike!

Spoiler:
Triple Damage (good change that's a kill or a knockout, I'll check his hp in a lil' bit)


Checked his char. sheet, he's def. down for the count. Nice hit!


Marius
Tyndal
Seann
Up!


M Human (Oeridian) Wizard (Transmuter) 1 / Favored Soul 2 (Lirr)

"Bloody hell!"

Seann whips around with his spear, but in his frenzy, misses by a mile.

Attack: 3 base. I've been rolling horribly today.

2,051 to 2,100 of 2,313 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gobbo's Savage Tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.