Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Paizonian Coloseum


Play-by-Post

101 to 150 of 219 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Wow, two crits from the opposing fighter. How on earth are we supposed to deal with that?!?!

Looks like it is up to the spellcasters to save the day:)

Looks like this round might be over real soon.


I'm going to bed now, so I'll roll Jacyn's init now so I don't hold everybody up tomorrow.

Init 1d20+7=24 well, looks like I keep my spot at the top of the initiative order.


M Human Cleric 1

Haad's initiative = 19

"I'm surrounded by weaklings!"


WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE


Male Dwarf Druid/1

"Camela attack!"pointing at Haad. Handle animal check 1d20+7=13, needed a 12 (dc10 + 2 because Camela is injured).
Camela moves to L5-6 & M5-6 and attacks Haad. 1d20+0 bite=7 for a miss.

Cashmere moves up to stand beside Ennoch "You like de dead, wizard. You make 'im dead too! *pointing on the ground at Shins* I will make sure none shall harm you!" Double move to S6 (included the extra movement penalty for going over the low wall)


rolling initiative 1d20+6=22!

Next up Ennoch


Male Halfling Rogue 1

Initiative 13+4=17


Initiative: 22
I keep bleeding my lifeblood onto the sand.
Could use some healing here!

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2
Raurik 'Shins' Strakeln wrote:

Initiative: 22

I keep bleeding my lifeblood onto the sand.
Could use some healing here!

Don't forget to roll your 10% chance to stabilize (x2 now).

Ennoch is up!


Male Human Necromancer 1

Ennoch winks at Cashmere and nods knowingly, kneeling down to thrust his dagger into Shins' throat.

Full round action: Coup de grace on Shins. Auto crit, max damage. 6 damage. Fort save DC 16 or die. Invisible Castle is now blocked by the firewall at work (grrrr!). Would Fakey or the Arena Master roll my init for me please?

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2
Ennoch the Black wrote:

Ennoch winks at Cashmere and nods knowingly, kneeling down to thrust his dagger into Shins' throat.

Full round action: Coup de grace on Shins. Auto crit, max damage. 6 damage. Fort save DC 16 or die. Invisible Castle is now blocked by the firewall at work (grrrr!). Would Fakey or the Arena Master roll my init for me please?

Ennoch's initiative 1d20+2=11

Shin's needs to make a DC16 fort save. If he succeeds, he needs to make 2 d100 checks to see if he stabilizes (10% chance or lose another point of damage for each check).

FH


Female Half-Illithid/Half-Succubus Wizard 6/Loremaster 10/Web Monkey 10/Artist 6

Blooooooood! Give us blooooooooooood!

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2

Still need initiative from Aldurin. EDIT: Nevermind, Found his profile:
Aldurin's initiative= 1d20+3=9

fh


Oops, I forgot about the stabilization chance! Stabilization 1: 71 Stabilization 2: 15 Fort 20
By my count I' now down to -9.

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2
Raurik 'Shins' Strakeln wrote:

Oops, I forgot about the stabilization chance! Stabilization 1: 71 Stabilization 2: 15 Fort 20

By my count I' now down to -9.

Do you want to rolloff for initiative between Cashmere and Shins (we tied) or go by initiative modifier?

FH


I don't think it really matters. I'm at -9

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2

Initiative Order:

Jacyn 24
Cashmere & Camela 22
Shins 22
Haad 19
Talin 17
Ennoch 11
Aldurin 9

Jacyn is up.


Male Dwarf Druid/1
Raurik 'Shins' Strakeln wrote:
I don't think it really matters. I'm at -9

I will free your spirit to ride upon de hot desert winds, great warrior!


Male Half-Orc Monk 1

Looks like it is time to engage the enemy in more close range combat.

I cast Mage Armor on myself (AC is now 17), and move to G7.

Cheliax RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

tdewitt, is there any chance we can get the row of numbers repeated at the bottom of the map as well? Having to scroll up to check the number row and then scroll back down to find things at the bottom of the map is somewhat bothersome and I always have to double-check myself to make sure I've got the right square. Thanks!


Fatespinner wrote:
tdewitt, is there any chance we can get the row of numbers repeated at the bottom of the map as well?

Done. Can I get a recap of the Ini?

Also, Ennoch, Brilliant! For a second there, I thought you were actually going to heal him! ROFL!

Andoran

Male Mothman Expert 5
mevers wrote:

Wow, two crits from the opposing fighter. How on earth are we supposed to deal with that?!?!

Looks like it is up to the spellcasters to save the day:)

Looks like this round might be over real soon.

Depending on which team yer rooting for, it's either very lucky or very unlucky that AWED is away, and the arena master has been rolling for him. He hardly EVER rolls that well in my pbp game!


Male Dwarf Druid/1

Camela attacks Haad, trying to bite him. Attack 1d20+0=8 Another miss!
Cashmere looks down Shins, says "May the hot desert winds scour the weakness from your soul." He then jams his spear into Shins' chest and gives a vicious twist. Auto hit, auto crit for 3d8+9=24
Goodbye. May the desert heat forge you a better soul.

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2

Shins joins his partner Lidda in the afterworld.
Haad is up next.


Crap. Well, goodbye Raurik. I can play him in another battle right? Or should I start creating a new character?

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2
Raurik 'Shins' Strakeln wrote:
Crap. Well, goodbye Raurik. I can play him in another battle right? Or should I start creating a new character?

I believe we all get restored to normal after each bout in the arena. I would say keep him. I plan on running another match right after this one and hopefully a couple other people decide to be Arenamasters also so we can have a few bouts going at a time. I would suggest that any who want to be in the next matches who don't have gladiators should create a character per the guidelines set forth on the original thread.

Just my thoughts.

FH

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2

Haad is up!


M Human Cleric 1

"F+#* off, camel!"

Smiting the camel. 23 to hit, 11 damage.

"Take that! I'll deal with your short-arse master next!"


Male Dwarf Druid/1

Vile Hextorian, You will pay for this outrage! My poor Camela, hold on, my desert blossom!

Talin is up.


Male Halfling Rogue 1

"AAAAAA I am missing all the fun." Talin puts his head down and runs around around the center circle ready to join in the action.
moved to L9


Female Half-Illithid/Half-Succubus Wizard 6/Loremaster 10/Web Monkey 10/Artist 6

I expect a big "I WON!" from somebody when this bout is over so's I can start drawing up a picture of 'em. :D

Cheliax RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

Lilith wrote:
I expect a big "I WON!" from somebody when this bout is over so's I can start drawing up a picture of 'em. :D

Are you going to draw the winning team or just the one character who contributed most? If you're going for the main contributor, it's Aldurin all the way!

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2
Fatespinner wrote:
Lilith wrote:
I expect a big "I WON!" from somebody when this bout is over so's I can start drawing up a picture of 'em. :D
Are you going to draw the winning team or just the one character who contributed most? If you're going for the main contributor, it's Aldurin all the way!

No way! Camela is the star! ;P

Ennoch is up!


Male Human Necromancer 1

The black wizard moves swiftly to the scene of battle, using the camel as a body shield between himself and the Hextorian cleric. He grins wickedly as he begins his incantations, releasing a wave of terror on the cleric.

Move to L4, cast cause fear on Haad. DC 14 Will save or flee in terror for 1d4 rounds. Even if you succeed, you are shaken for 1 round.


M Human Cleric 1

Fear save = 7

"Yaargh - Lord of Tyranny, why have you forsaken me?!"

Cheliax RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

Haad Knut wrote:

Fear save = 7

"Yaargh - Lord of Tyranny, why have you forsaken me?!"

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't expecting that to work out so well. Excellent! Could Fakey or the Arena Master roll the 1d4 for me to see how long Haad spends reeling in horror? Mwahahahahaha!

FYI, this is the status condition I've inflicted: Frightened: A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can. If unable to flee, it may fight. A frightened creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.

Masked

*Cheers the terrifying Necromancer*

MORE BLOOD! MORE BLOOD!


Male Human Necromancer 1

Seeing the cleric's eyes widen in horror, Ennoch grins and points a slender, withered finger at Jacyn. "You're next, elf!"

Andoran

Male Human Expert 2 / Commoner 1
Mothman wrote:
mevers wrote:

Wow, two crits from the opposing fighter. How on earth are we supposed to deal with that?!?!

Looks like it is up to the spellcasters to save the day:)

Looks like this round might be over real soon.

Depending on which team yer rooting for, it's either very lucky or very unlucky that AWED is away, and the arena master has been rolling for him. He hardly EVER rolls that well in my pbp game!

I never roll that good in my PbP games.


Here is the duration of Ennoch's spellCause Fear Duration 1d4=2
I'm almost done with the site. It will have the rules, character creation guidlines, and a leaderboard. You can still use Shins, or you can roll up another. Kadrenis doesn't want to play Lidda anymore so she rolled up another character.

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2

Aldurin is up!
Wait isn't Aldurin's owner still away? Vissigoth, I think you need to take his turn again (crit, crit, crit,....).


Female Half-Illithid/Half-Succubus Wizard 6/Loremaster 10/Web Monkey 10/Artist 6
Fatespinner wrote:
Are you going to draw the winning team or just the one character who contributed most? If you're going for the main contributor, it's Aldurin all the way!

I'll draw the team...if they don't turn on each other and decide There Can Be Only One.

BLOOD! BLOOD! BLOOD!


Aldurin moves to M7 and attacks Haad.
Attack and Damage Rolls (1d20+4=15, 1d10+2=7)
A rare miss!


Male Half-Orc Monk 1

Moving to J3, and yelling "You're all talk Ennoch. Take this!!" I throw my Alchemists fire at Ennoch. Ranged touch attack 1d20+3=19 Hit!! For 1d6=5 damage.

Damn I am rolling well.

Here is the info for Alchemists Fire

Spoiler:
Alchemist’s Fire: You can throw a flask of alchemist’s fire as a splash weapon. Treat this attack as a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 10 feet.

A direct hit deals 1d6 points of fire damage. Every creature within 5 feet of the point where the flask hits takes 1 point of fire damage from the splash. On the round following a direct hit, the target takes an additional 1d6 points of damage. If desired, the target can use a full-round action to attempt to extinguish the flames before taking this additional damage. Extinguishing the flames requires a DC 15 Reflex save. Rolling on the ground provides the target a +2 bonus on the save. Leaping into a lake or magically extinguishing the flames automatically smothers the fire.


Male Human Necromancer 1
Jacyn Tiadeth wrote:

Moving to J3, and yelling "You're all talk Ennoch. Take this!!" I throw my Alchemists fire at Ennoch. Ranged touch attack 1d20+3=19 Hit!! For 1d6=5 damage.

Ennoch seethes in pain, the flames rolling over his cloak. "You will pay!!!"

Note to self: Use leftover money to buy disposable items.


M Human Cleric 1

"That's funny and scary at the same time! Ha ha! Yaaaargh!"


Male Dwarf Druid/1

Camela got splashed also with the alchemist's fire for 1 damage. Camela attacks Haad again:1d20+0=11 Camela's teeth fail to gain purchase on Haad's armored torso. A miss!
Vile wizard! Twice now you have damaged my Camela! Now you are to be paying.
Cashmere moves to N5 and chucks his spear at Jacyn 1d20+2=16.
Damn! My spear vas flying true! It seems to have encountered a field of energy that embraces mine foe. Miss.

Haad is up and scared.


M Human Cleric 1

Withdrawing from L7 to D7.

"Master of the Lash, forgive my weakness!"

I assume I'm allowed to do the withdrawal action and avoid attacks of opportunity. I'm frightened, not panicked, so far as I can tell.

Masked

*Cheers Jacyn's burning of the Necromancer*

BLOOD AND FIRE! BLOOD AND FIRE! BLOOD AND FIRE!


Male Halfling Rogue 1

"Come back here you cowardly whelp" Talin yells as Haad runs to the far end of the arena. Talin focus on the wizard draws his bow and looses an arrow.
4 + 5 = 9 Miss

101 to 150 of 219 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Paizonian Coloseum All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.