Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

The Lands Above the Mist


Play-by-Post

51 to 100 of 338 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1
DM Vissigoth wrote:

Dahak's flail slams into the two gang members. You can use your slam attack as an off-hand attack (was that what you were trying to do?).

Revan's turn.

Well the heavy flail is two-handed, so it is using it as a "natural" attack at a -5 to hit, as if i had claws or a bite... You can allow it or not based on me using a two hander


M Elf Druid3/Monk3

Ashur has been assessing the situation Sorry about the unexpected absence and on his next turn Just so you don't have to wait for me again he will attack the nearest "gang member", who clearly are a threat to the serentiy of this town and establishment, with an unarmed strike 13+6 to hit, 4+2 damage.


Male Human Rogue 4 / Wizard 3

Shrugging off the biting pain in my shoulder, I growl at the arrogant man and notch another arrow in my bow. Never been one for grace under fire, I snap off a shot as quickly as I can, not taking the time to aim carefully. Not caring if it hits or not, I then bolt away from the approaching gunman, to try and take some meager cover behind one of the bar's tables.

Standard Action, Ranged Attack.
To-Hit roll total: 15.
If hits: 6 damage

Move action: Three squares upwards, one square NW Diagonal, (placing me between the wall and the table).


m human Fighter 5 / Vigilante 1
DM Vissigoth wrote:

We've waited long enough.

Ashur and Jed delay thier actions until they get back (Jed can roll Init for the next round).

My frikkin' wireless adapter crapped out! Anyway...

Initiative: natural 20 + 5 = 25

Jed is getting frustrated. He finally finishes reloading his pistols, and draws a bead on one of the gray-armored men with both guns.


I'll have limited internet access over the next few days; probably until Thursday night. I might be able to post occasionally but don't wait for me.

Andoran

Male Human Expert 2 / Commoner 1
Dragonmann wrote:
DM Vissigoth wrote:

Dahak's flail slams into the two gang members. You can use your slam attack as an off-hand attack (was that what you were trying to do?).

Revan's turn.

Well the heavy flail is two-handed, so it is using it as a "natural" attack at a -5 to hit, as if i had claws or a bite... You can allow it or not based on me using a two hander

No. You can't use an off-hand attack when your using a two-handed weapon.

Andoran

Male Human Expert 2 / Commoner 1
Jedediah Sparks wrote:
DM Vissigoth wrote:

We've waited long enough.

Ashur and Jed delay thier actions until they get back (Jed can roll Init for the next round).

My frikkin' wireless adapter crapped out! Anyway...

Initiative: natural 20 + 5 = 25

Jed is getting frustrated. He finally finishes reloading his pistols, and draws a bead on one of the gray-armored men with both guns.

Are you gonna give me attack and damage rolls?


Ashur, your attack drops G4.

Revan, your arrow hits the gang member in the stomach. He is very weak from the ninja's poison and drops to the floor, writhing in pain.

The short woman continues out of the door.

Spot check DC 20:

Spoiler:
As the door swings open and shut, you see the short woman surounded by gaurds and a tall man in silver armor headed for the door of the tavern.

The red haired man stab at and misses Gang Member 2.

Both of the poisoned gang members succumb to the deadly poison and die.

Lucian's turn.


Masculin Personality Warforged Barbarian 7
Vissigoth wrote:
Dragonmann wrote:
DM Vissigoth wrote:

Dahak's flail slams into the two gang members. You can use your slam attack as an off-hand attack (was that what you were trying to do?).

Revan's turn.

Well the heavy flail is two-handed, so it is using it as a "natural" attack at a -5 to hit, as if i had claws or a bite... You can allow it or not based on me using a two hander
No. You can't use an off-hand attack when your using a two-handed weapon.

No problem... never sure how all that stuff works, not like i need an extra d4 damage...


m human Fighter 5 / Vigilante 1
Vissigoth wrote:
Jedediah Sparks wrote:

Initiative: natural 20 + 5 = 25

Jed is getting frustrated. He finally finishes reloading his pistols, and draws a bead on one of the gray-armored men with both guns.

Are you gonna give me attack and damage rolls?

Detect Evil first, then, if of evil alignment, I'll attack.


DM Vissgoth wrote:
Both of the poisoned gang members succumb to the deadly poison and die.

Yeah, he used a 4500gp per dose poison on petty thugs. I'm presuming that I can't really do anything unil next round.

Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1

Pardon my possible absence for the next few days... my formerly sick son has created a currently sick father and other son...

and well sitting up to type makes me woozy


Male Elf Monk4/Ninja3

I was just trying me shurikens to see what the poison would do! Kinda spaced that I have a hand crossbow! Anyway, Spot=17+11=28. Finally made the DC!

Laucian dives for the nearest table and shelters underneath

Tumble = 20+11= 31
Hide= 12+9+23
Sorry about my lack of posting, if I am slowing down the game feel free to NPC me Vissgoth


M Elf Druid3/Monk3

Spot check...13 ick.

Ashur surveys the scene, and looks for the closest person who appears to be threatening the innocent citizens here. Any of the gang members close to me? Within 20ft? 40?


Sorry about not posting. Let's get this show on the road.

The front door bursts open and a tall man in silver armor steps in from the street, followed by eight Greycloaks of the city watch, all wielding muskets.
"No one move," the silver armored man shouts, "Everyone drop your weapons and get down on the floor!"

The two patrons hit the floor before the words are evey out of his mouth.

The two surviving gang members move towards the bar, putting thier backs to the hard wooden counter.
"It's about damn time," gang member 3 says to the silver armored man.

The red haired man steps off of the table and throws his dagger to the floor.

What do you do?


Am I correct in assuming that this is the next round?
I fade from view again and move next to the door. I smile slightly, watching the scene unfold.


Myrkar wrote:

Am I correct in assuming that this is the next round?

I fade from view again and move next to the door. I smile slightly, watching the scene unfold.

No. It's the end of the combat. I'm trying to get the story moving, we've spent WAY to much time fooling around in this hole in the wall (sorry, my bad).


Oh, okay.
I attempt to melt into the shadows behind me, avoiding the attention of the guards.
Hide 19 (16+3)


Male Human Rogue 4 / Wizard 3

Similarly, I'll try to fade into the shadows as best I can. If nobody notices me, I'll slip my bow over my shoulder to keep my hands free. If someone does notice me, I'll simply comply with the order to drop my weapon.

If I think I can get away with it, I'll let a free hand drift down to a potion flask, in case I need it in an emergency.

Hide check: 19 + 10 = 29


Masculin Personality Warforged Barbarian 7

My most abject and humblest of apologies... sometimes acting in character sucks...

Maroooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Draconic

Spoiler:
Random animalistic charging noise

I charge the 45' between me and the new leader... Whoever this man is, he is in colusion with the brigands who started the trouble in this place.

Full attack: Charge HS
Attack roll: 13+12 normal +2 charging +6 action point - 6 power attack = 27
Damage if applicable: 5 + 7 strength + 1 enhancement +12 power attack = 25

NOTE: The charge should cause another round of 'fear' checks for everyone... you know, in case the musket guys are prone to rolling ones


Male Human Rogue 4 / Wizard 3
Dahak Ironheart wrote:

My most abject and humblest of apologies... sometimes acting in character sucks...

Maroooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Draconic
Random animalistic charging noise.

I charge the 45' between me and the new leader... Whoever this man is, he is in colusion with the brigands who started the trouble in this place.

Revan suddenly chokes himself with barely-contained laughter both in character and out!


Masculin Personality Warforged Barbarian 7

Oh certainly, not one of my wisest moves... but given that I am a ragiang barbarian, and these people have an announced association with the "brigands" I am about to get blown to bits for a misunderstanding...

but at least I am doing it in character...

sheesh


Male Human Rogue 4 / Wizard 3
Dahak Ironheart wrote:

Oh certainly, not one of my wisest moves... but given that I am a ragiang barbarian, and these people have an announced association with the "brigands" I am about to get blown to bits for a misunderstanding...

but at least I am doing it in character...

sheesh

Oh believe me, I'm not knocking your decision-- it's definitely fits the character! It's just an undeniably hilarious mental image, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

Don't worry though, I may have a plan to save your metal alter-ego, despite himself. Whether he likes it or not!


In case this isn't a new round I'll do this next round
Time to end this idiocy I think to myself. From the shadows I form tiny tendrils of Eldritch power and send them writhing across the floor of the tavern to the bodies of the fallen where they envelope the corpses. The corpses begin to rise somewhat stiffly, limbs hanging lifelessly as blank eyes stare forward as they walk forward towards the newcomers. "Kill the ones in armor!" I hiss to my newly arisen minions and then step back into the shadows, easily shaking off the fear from the strange barbarian.
Will 16 (10+6). I'm using my The Dead Walk invocation. It animates 12 HD of zombies, all of which are under my control. If there are more than 12 HD of the dead then I animate the corpses nearest to the armor clad people. Hide 13 (10+3)


[sarcasm]You guys are ruining my game! Damn players![/sarcasm] Seriously, great RP Dragonmann, put probably not the best desicion.

The silver armored man shouts, "Fire!" All of the gaurds fire thier rifles.

Everybody in the room not in a prone position takes 27 (6 points of which are fire) damage. Rexlex save DC 18 for half. If you are chaotic take an extra 6 (or 3 if you save) damage. If you are evil take an extra 6 (or 3 if you save) damage.

[/ooc]BTW these guys are the City Watch. They are NOT bad guys. Jeez.[/ooc]


Masculin Personality Warforged Barbarian 7

Reflex 13+5 - YAY half damage, no alignment damage, and the fire damage doesn't clear my resistance... I only take 13

Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1
DM Vissigoth wrote:

[sarcasm]You guys are ruining my game! Damn players![/sarcasm] Seriously, great RP Dragonmann, put probably not the best desicion.

BTW these guys are the City Watch. They are NOT bad guys. Jeez.

I knew that from the beginning... Sometimes, being a barbarian sucks... Although I might suggest something formal like "In the name of the king and the city watch, I command you to throw down your arms" oh well, next time...


Male Human Rogue 4 / Wizard 3

Reflex save: 24 -- 0 damage taken (thank you, Evasion!)
And now to make things really fun!

Seeing the men bringing their muskets to bear, I quickly throw myself into a rolling crouch behind the large table, letting the others around me take the brunt of the gunfire. From the man's attire and his commands, surely he must be a part of some local militia-- or even worse, a holy zealot of some sort.
Either way, these men are going to have backup. Lots of backup. And that means things will be getting out of hand really soon. Time to make an exit, stage right.

As I roll forward, a plan formulates in my mind. Might as well do something about this half-crazed machine-man in the process, right? After all, he may be completely unstable, but he also seems pretty naive. That makes him useful...

I ready a spell and let fly, centering it as best I can to disrupt the silver armored man and his goons.

Standard Action: Cast Darkness. As I'm not too clear on their positioning, I want to center the spell on whichever square will inhibit line of sight from as many gunmen as I can, while at the same time possibly trying to engulf the silver-armored man as well.


M Elf Druid3/Monk3

Ref 14+7=21. Yay monks!

Ashur barely dodges the blast, taking the edge of it as he throws himself to the ground. He then picks himself up, and sits in what he hopes is a non-threatening manner. BTW, Ashur is usually not very threatening looking, having the whole "vagabond, dirty begger" look going. That is if they didn't see him put the smack down on that gang member...


m human Fighter 5 / Vigilante 1

Reflex save: 17 + 7 = 24 (half damage)

Jed grunts in pain as he is grazed by several bullets. He silently praises his God for deflecting the bullets away from any vital areas. The vigilante rises to his feet, pistols uncocked and pointed towards the ceiling, slowly moving towards the city watch.


Male Elf Monk4/Ninja3

Would I be subject to the damage? I thought I was hiding under a table. But anyhoo... Refl= 8+12=20, made the DC and I take no damage thanks to improved evasion.

Yikes, this is a change for the worst! Thinks Laucian as he crouches as far under the table as he can squeeze himself.

I'd better be prepared! Better shoot these goons before they get me

Laucian is readying his handcrossbow, should be out by my next initiative turn.

Andoran

Male Human Expert 2 / Commoner 1

Why! Why! Why! Why do you do this to me?

The silver armored man shouts, "In the name of the Baron of Southshire and the Lord Mayor of Danport, I command you to throw your weapons to the floor and surrender NOW!" as he and the rest of the gaurds reload their weapons.


I roll underneath the nearby table as the I hear the sounds of the guns firing but I'm too slow to entirely avoid injury. As I crouch under the table I begin to formulate a plan. I Begin to tentitvly move towards the door, following the wall. My minions should be able to keep them occupied for a while, particularly with the help of the magical darkness. If I can sneak out of the door then I should be able to leave this place, never to be seen again by these backwoods fools.
Reflex 19 (13+6) How long will it take me reach the door? Do you want to me roll for my minions or do you wnat to do that yourself?


Masculin Personality Warforged Barbarian 7

The lancing light of illumination finally criticals the grim iron clad darkness of my ignorance, shaking my assumptions so soundly as to shake loose the shackles of unbridled rage. Deftly, I flip my heavy mace through the air, catching hold of the short chain 'tail' hanging from the bottom, rendering the wearpon useless, but as near to the ground as I intend for it to get. Staring deeply into the speaker's eyes, my mind wrestles with the weight of the revelation he has just poured into my being.

Finally I speak.

"Gehn?"

Draconic
[spoiler]"Huh?"{/spoiler]

Assuming I made it to attack range, I use a 5' step to back away


Male Human Rogue 4 / Wizard 3

Similarly, I will try to use this opportunity, and the cover of Darkness to head for the door and be out of this place.

However, if it looks as though even a single guard might spot me, I'll first down a potion of invisibility. I won't waste it if my odds are good, but Revan's not a risk-taker, so I'll need a rough idea of whether or not Revan could reasonably think he can make it without using extra resources.

Once I'm outside, I'll proceed to observe from a very safe distance, and see if I can figure out what's going on.


m human Fighter 5 / Vigilante 1
Vissigoth wrote:

Why! Why! Why! Why do you do this to me?

The silver armored man shouts, "In the name of the Baron of Southshire and the Lord Mayor of Danport, I command you to throw your weapons to the floor and surrender NOW!" as he and the rest of the gaurds reload their weapons.

"I am the TRUE LAW! The WORD of GOD himself, you hear? And a TRUE lawman NEVER LETS GO OF HIS WEAPONS!"


Masculin Personality Warforged Barbarian 7
Jedediah Sparks wrote:
Vissigoth wrote:

Why! Why! Why! Why do you do this to me?

The silver armored man shouts, "In the name of the Baron of Southshire and the Lord Mayor of Danport, I command you to throw your weapons to the floor and surrender NOW!" as he and the rest of the gaurds reload their weapons.

"I am the TRUE LAW! The WORD of GOD himself, you hear? And a TRUE lawman NEVER LETS GO OF HIS WEAPONS!"

Um, sorry, what was that Vissigoth, didn't hear you, something about you running the game? what game?


m human Fighter 5 / Vigilante 1
Dahak Ironheart wrote:
Jedediah Sparks wrote:
Vissigoth wrote:

Why! Why! Why! Why do you do this to me?

The silver armored man shouts, "In the name of the Baron of Southshire and the Lord Mayor of Danport, I command you to throw your weapons to the floor and surrender NOW!" as he and the rest of the gaurds reload their weapons.

"I am the TRUE LAW! The WORD of GOD himself, you hear? And a TRUE lawman NEVER LETS GO OF HIS WEAPONS!"
Um, sorry, what was that Vissigoth, didn't hear you, something about you running the game? what game?

Don't worry, I have something planned. if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, what you think I'm thinking would be moronic. Cheers.


Male Human Rogue 4 / Wizard 3
Jedediah Sparks wrote:

Don't worry, I have something planned. if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, what you think I'm thinking would be moronic. Cheers.

Ah, but see, we know that you know what we think you think we think you're thinking we're thinking.

Therefore, obviously, we are going to intentionally let you think that, so that you won't think about what we're really thinking about thinking!


m human Fighter 5 / Vigilante 1
Revan Del Rey wrote:
Jedediah Sparks wrote:

Don't worry, I have something planned. if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, what you think I'm thinking would be moronic. Cheers.

Ah, but see, we know that you know what we think you think we think you're thinking we're thinking.

Therefore, obviously, we are going to intentionally let you think that, so that you won't think about what we're really thinking about thinking!

You think?


Masculin Personality Warforged Barbarian 7
Jedediah Sparks wrote:
Revan Del Rey wrote:
Jedediah Sparks wrote:

Don't worry, I have something planned. if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, what you think I'm thinking would be moronic. Cheers.

Ah, but see, we know that you know what we think you think we think you're thinking we're thinking.

Therefore, obviously, we are going to intentionally let you think that, so that you won't think about what we're really thinking about thinking!

You think?

Personally, I never touch the stuff...

Andoran

Male Human Expert 2 / Commoner 1

Sorry guys, I'm going on vacation and will be away from the internet for a while. Hopfully, I'll be able to get the battlemap updated and get the game back on track before I leave. I'm leaving this week and won't be back until June 24. If anybody wants to take over DMing until this little situation in the bar is settled, let me know and I'll email you the info you need to finish this encounter. If not, then we'll just take a break and pick up where we left off when I get back. If anybody wants to leave the game, no hard feelings. Sorry again for the short notice (I didn't think I was going to be able to get off work, but my boss just told me today that I could have off.)

Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1
Vissigoth wrote:
Sorry guys, I'm going on vacation and will be away from the internet for a while. Hopfully, I'll be able to get the battlemap updated and get the game back on track before I leave. I'm leaving this week and won't be back until June 24. If anybody wants to take over DMing until this little situation in the bar is settled, let me know and I'll email you the info you need to finish this encounter. If not, then we'll just take a break and pick up where we left off when I get back. If anybody wants to leave the game, no hard feelings. Sorry again for the short notice (I didn't think I was going to be able to get off work, but my boss just told me today that I could have off.)

No sweat, have a great time...

And nobody is dumb enough to want Dahak in charge of both sides...


Male Human Figher/8 Rogue/3 Ranger/2 Slacker/5 Loafer/2

I think you're doing a fine job as DM, Vissigoth. I'm good with the idea of a small break until you get back.

Have a great vacation!


No problem, I'll wait. Have fun on you're vacation!


M Elf Druid3/Monk3
Laucian Liadon wrote:

Would I be subject to the damage? I thought I was hiding under a table. But anyhoo... Refl= 8+12=20, made the DC and I take no damage thanks to improved evasion.

*doik!* I have evasion too. Duh!


m human Fighter 5 / Vigilante 1
Ashur Yenaiwalae wrote:
Laucian Liadon wrote:

Would I be subject to the damage? I thought I was hiding under a table. But anyhoo... Refl= 8+12=20, made the DC and I take no damage thanks to improved evasion.

*doik!* I have evasion too. Duh!

Heh. Yesterday, my boss at the TV station (a fellow gamer) narrowly dodged a falling tripod. He explained how he (6'2", 340 lbs.) could move so quickly by saying "I have Evasion". My response: "Me too." I then proceeded to trip over a stack of blank VHS tapes and fall on my ass. I amended my statement by saying, "Scratch that. I have Uncanny Dodge. It's Uncanny how I cant't Dodge things."


Male Elf Monk4/Ninja3
Jedediah Sparks wrote:
Ashur Yenaiwalae wrote:
Laucian Liadon wrote:

Would I be subject to the damage? I thought I was hiding under a table. But anyhoo... Refl= 8+12=20, made the DC and I take no damage thanks to improved evasion.

*doik!* I have evasion too. Duh!
Heh. Yesterday, my boss at the TV station (a fellow gamer) narrowly dodged a falling tripod. He explained how he (6'2", 340 lbs.) could move so quickly by saying "I have Evasion". My response: "Me too." I then proceeded to trip over a stack of blank VHS tapes and fall on my ass. I amended my statement by saying, "Scratch that. I have Uncanny Dodge. It's Uncanny how I cant't Dodge things."

what a cool job dude! what do you do at your job? Also, incredible dialoge, you had me rolling on the floor!

Enjoy your vacation Vissgoth!


m human Fighter 5 / Vigilante 1
Laucian Liadon wrote:


what a cool job dude! what do you do at your job? Also, incredible dialoge, you had me rolling on the floor!

I'm an "assistant" at a public access local TV station-- basically an intern who isn't going to college. I file used tapes and DVDs, make runs to the soda machine, and screw around on the computer for a good part of the day. Since the entire station comprises a total of two rooms, and is located in the local high school's attic (because we're cheap bastards), we have to tape scool functions in order to keep our premises. Since there isn't a lot of stuff that ever happens in Ticonderoga, NY, myself and the four other guys that work there pretty much sit around all the time. It's pretty cool. But, alas (sort of), I leave the station in the summer to work at a Boy Scout camp, so I miss eight weeks out of the year. I'm leaving for job #2 in two weeks.


Male Elf Monk4/Ninja3

what a cool job! The only thing I have done that is nearly as cool as that I work at a local theater. Mostly tech work, but still cool. I even got to work a performance at a really large theater here in Pueblo.

51 to 100 of 338 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Lands Above the Mist All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.