Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Frequently Asked Questions


Customer Service

101 to 123 of 123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Cosmo,

I'm sorry to be asking this question so late in the game, but you know how summer is...

I went through the transition page and converted my remaining issues for Dungeon and Dragon to Pathfinder and also signed up to be a charter subscriber. However, I'm curious to know how the conversion matches up. I know the transition page said we could convert to Pathfinder at a "generous discount," but could you clarify the actual conversion. I had 5 issues remaining of each (a total of 10 mags) and the converstion option said I would receive the first 4 issues of the new subscription. Is that the correct converstion: 10 for 4? I realize that Pathfinder will be a superior monthly product and thus cost more, I just want to make sure there wasn't some mis-representation on the website due to glich or whatever.

And, I must take a moment to thank all of you at Paizo for your dedication to excellence in the product(s) you publish. While I am new to your services, I have none the less enjoyed being a part of it for the last year. I look forward to many more years of superb content, adventures, and gaming material.

Three Huzzahs for Paizo!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Cirdan Nenharme wrote:
I know the transition page said we could convert to Pathfinder at a "generous discount," but could you clarify the actual conversion.

It's not a simple "X issues gets you X volumes" conversion. The primary factor is the potential refund value of your subscription (which takes into account how much you paid for each issue, and how many issues were remaining) but it also figures in shipping costs and a few other things. And while we're doing all that math, we're generally rounding up and providing other padding in the formula to make sure that Pathfinder is a really good deal for you. The bottom line is that the estimated value of the Pathfinder issues you're getting will be noticeably higher than the refund value would be.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Thanks for the clarification, Vic. If the quality of Pathfinder is as high as we are all expecting, then you truly have been generous, even without the discounts! Your efforts to provide a valuable and timeless resource to all of us is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

I'll spare you the fine details of my particular circumstance, and get directly to the key questions:

1) Will it be possible to find out what Dungeon back issues will be available under the back issues transition option without actually committing to that option?

2) Will it be possible to select Dungeon back issues on the morning (Eastern time) of September 1? I will be going overseas that day, and am wondering if I am doomed to picking over the dregs after I return.

3) Will PDF versions of Dungeon back issues be valid selections under the back issues option? If so, then the answers to the first two questions really do not matter very much. Tangible copies would be nicer, but the content is the important thing. Note that I am supposing here that, if PDF versions will be valid selections, then all such issues will be available under the transition, because scarcity would not be a consideration. If (for some reason) this is not the case, then the answers to the first two questions regain their significance (to me).

Paizo Employee PostMonster General

willmontgomery wrote:
1) Will it be possible to find out what Dungeon back issues will be available under the back issues transition option without actually committing to that option?

Yes. Select the back issues option, click the "save changes" button, and you'll be taken to the issue selection page. As long as you don't click the final "place order" button, you can go back to the transition page and select another option.

willmontgomery wrote:
2) Will it be possible to select Dungeon back issues on the morning (Eastern time) of September 1? I will be going overseas that day, and am wondering if I am doomed to picking over the dregs after I return.

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to pick issues Sept. 1.

willmontgomery wrote:
3) Will PDF versions of Dungeon back issues be valid selections under the back issues option? If so, then the answers to the first two questions really do not matter very much. Tangible copies would be nicer, but the content is the important thing. Note that I am supposing here that, if PDF versions will be valid selections, then all such issues will be available under the transition, because scarcity would not be a consideration. If (for some reason) this is not the case, then the answers to the first two questions regain their significance (to me).

Yes, every back issue we have available in PDF format is available on the issue selection page.


Will there be a cut-off date by which back issues will need to be selected if using the back issue option? Whats the usually turn around time for converting a Print into a PDF?

The reason I am asking is that a recent issue (relatively speaking) is not currently available in either Print or PDF (though it may eventually), but I would hate choosing a issue I don't really really want just to clear my account by a certain date.

Thanx.

Grand Lodge

Sorry if this was posted before and I skipped it with my bleary eyes..

I converted my subscription over to Pathfinder and am getting 7 copies for the trouble (thanks btw!). I'd like to continue to get Pathfinder afterward, but I do not want to get 2 copies of the magazine (i.e. by signing up now and your records showing I have 2 copies per month - 1 paid for and 1 free (till my 7 converted copies run out)). Can this be done? and would I get the "charter subscriber" moniker added above?

thanks a ton!

FW

Osirion

frank whited wrote:

Sorry if this was posted before and I skipped it with my bleary eyes..

I converted my subscription over to Pathfinder and am getting 7 copies for the trouble (thanks btw!). I'd like to continue to get Pathfinder afterward, but I do not want to get 2 copies of the magazine (i.e. by signing up now and your records showing I have 2 copies per month - 1 paid for and 1 free (till my 7 converted copies run out)). Can this be done? and would I get the "charter subscriber" moniker added above?

thanks a ton!

FW

If you sign up for the month-to-month subscription now, it will not start, and you will not be charged, until your transition issues run out.

You only have until Monday to get the "Charter" tag and recieve the free Player's Guide hard copy.

-Ungoded the Answer-Dragon

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Grim Hunter wrote:
Will there be a cut-off date by which back issues will need to be selected if using the back issue option?

None planned, but we also won't guarantee that you'll have the option forever. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that print issues will be selling out, so your selection will generally become more limited as time goes by.

Grim Hunter wrote:
What's the usually turn around time for converting a Print into a PDF?

Our contract requires that the issue be off the newsstand for a year, so that's why recent issues aren't available as PDFs. Older issues, well, we're working on them as fast as we can.


Hi, I am a long time subscriber. And by long time I mean back in the double-digit edition numbers. :) I just signed up with an account to see my transition options and it says:

The Transition Screen wrote:
You have no issues of Dragon or Dungeon remaining after the final issues are shipped.

The problem I have with this is I resubscribed with a 3-year subscription about two years ago. According to my records the payment was made in 2005 and therefore my subscription should run through 2008. The number on my label is 1085319 if that helps someone look me up. I don't know how the transition screen is supposed to know that I do or don't have issues remaining since the registration process didn't ask me anything about my existing subscription... but I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Thanks for your assistance.


Never mind, two minutes after I posted this I found the "My Subscriptions" option, and I'm all set. Sorry for wasting your time...


I have subscribed through mail for the past four years, and every payment thus far has been made by check. However, when I tried to set up my transition from Dragon to Pathfinder, I noticed there is no option to pay by mail. Is this a possibility? I would prefer not to use a credit card, and I would even be willing to pay for the year's subscription up-front.

Thanks.


I am trying to use the store credit from my leftover subscription, but it is not showing up as a payment option. When in September will it be added to our accounts?


I am in the same boat. I can not find where my credit is.


TOG wrote:
I am in the same boat. I can not find where my credit is.

Scary, no response from Paizo.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

silvorfithrade2759 wrote:
...I noticed there is no option to pay by mail. Is this a possibility? I would prefer not to use a credit card, and I would even be willing to pay for the year's subscription up-front.

Currently, we're only offering ongoing subscriptions by credit card.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Devon Apple wrote:
I am trying to use the store credit from my leftover subscription, but it is not showing up as a payment option. When in September will it be added to our accounts?

We haven't set a specific date yet (but, as we've said, it will be in September). We'll e-mail everyone as we credit their accounts, so you'll know when you've got it.


TOG wrote:
I am in the same boat. I can not find where my credit is.

I also am wondering about the store credit.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

NecroMaster wrote:
TOG wrote:
I am in the same boat. I can not find where my credit is.

I also am wondering about the store credit.

It will be added to your account later this month. We'll e-mail you at that time.


Hmmm... It has been over a week now since my first inquiry. It is September 15th and I must admit I am getting worried.

When you say "September" and don't say mid to late September, it is assumed you mean the first half of the month.

For example, if you mean September 30th, then please do not say September. Tell us October and then we will be surprised when you get done early, not late.

Please keep us in the loop about our credit.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

TOG wrote:
When you say "September" and don't say mid to late September, it is assumed you mean the first half of the month.

That's not an assumption I believe is common—what do *you* say when you mean "sometime in the month of September," then?

We say "September" because we don't have an exact date yet. If we had specifically meant the first half of the month, we'd have said so. If we had specifically meant the last half of the month, we'd have said so. And if we had an exact date, we'd tell you that.

Gary has a few more bits of code to polish, but there's a somewhat decent chance it will happen next week. It's also possible it will take until the last week of September. But we do expect it to happen in September.


Vic Wertz wrote:
TOG wrote:
When you say "September" and don't say mid to late September, it is assumed you mean the first half of the month.

That's not an assumption I believe is common—what do *you* say when you mean "sometime in the month of September," then?

Actually, "sometime in the month of September" means something completely different to me than "in September." I figured that since the announcement was made months in advance, and you want to put your best foot forward as a company, that you would make this a priority and have it handled in early September with an announcement about not worrying about our money and that everything was going smoothly with the transition.

Since you are able to purchase things at a significant discount without being an actual brick and mortar store, it makes sense to try and get folks to purchase items from your store and not request checks / refunds. Leaving them without any announcement as to progress other than a very vague "in September" isn't professional and possibly causes people to change their mind and just ask for their money, which is a loss for you short term and long term.

The longer it takes, the more your customers worry about what you are doing with their money that you have had in the bank for years (at least in my case you have had my money for four years).

I know that we are nearing the end of the third week in September, and all I have asked for is for some credit to purchase something in your store instead of asking for my money back. This supports you in that you don't take as big of a hit as a check, and you get some extra revenue because I imagine most people will spend more than their credit in merchandise. Further you take less of a loss because of the discount that you purchase these items at.

Surely it can't be that complicated to set up a simple credit for those that have requested it. After all, you have the ability to give credit to people who asked for refunds in the past, so the system does have that functionality. It almost seems faster to just manually give each person a credit as opposed to a programmer spending months on figuring it out.

I look forward to an e-mail that has my credit that I requested in May.

Paizo Employee Sales Imp

TOG wrote:

...

Surely it can't be that complicated to set up a simple credit for those that have requested it. After all, you have the ability to give credit to people who asked for refunds in the past, so the system does have that functionality. It almost seems faster to just manually give each person a credit as opposed to a programmer spending months on figuring it out.

I just wanted to respond to this one point. If we had ten or twelve people who were getting store credit, this might be the case. However, this is not the case. We are dealing with a large number of people.

As far as the dispensation of the transitioned store credit goes, please believe that your store credit will be available as soon as possible. However, to ensure that the credit is dispensed correctly to everyone who selected this option, it requires that new code be written into our system.

Furthermore, I feel that the implication that we have been neglecting this since the announcement in April and that we haven't made every effort possible to put our best foot forward in every aspect of this transition time is somewhat unfair. We have striven to be as transparent as possible throughout this process. We have kept our customers as informed as we could. We have said all along that your credit would be in available in September (actually, IIRC, back in April/May the estimate was September or October), and your credit will be available in September.

I am very sorry that you interpreted "in September" to mean "the beginning of September". I am very sorry that you are disappointed. I genuinely want to assure you that your credit is coming and it will be available soon.

Thanks,
cos

Paizo Employee PostMonster General

Everyone who's selected store credit as their transition option should now have it available. (Check your email!)

Going forward, if you haven't made your selection yet and choose store credit, you'll get the store credit granted immediately.

(This also applies if you've already chosen to get a check refund -- you can still change your mind and get store credit immediately.)


Gary Teter wrote:

Everyone who's selected store credit as their transition option should now have it available. (Check your email!)

Going forward, if you haven't made your selection yet and choose store credit, you'll get the store credit granted immediately.

(This also applies if you've already chosen to get a check refund -- you can still change your mind and get store credit immediately.)

Sorry to be a pain but I have no e-mail that mentions what to do about the store credit.

I saw a few days ago that I have store credit, it is listed on my log in screen. However, it is not automatically applied to my shopping cart, and I do not see a promo code to try. I tried a few variations of store credit, and transition, but no luck in the promo fields.

Can you point me in the right direction so that I can utilize the store credit?

Also, I tried both finishing up my previous order and trying a new order from scratch. I finally tried to order from two different computers, no luck. :-(


I think I figured it out. I was able to apply the credit to my order. Interesting though, when I checked out it said that there was a problem and that the system administrator had been notified.

I will try to place the order again later then.

Thanks!

101 to 123 of 123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Customer Service / Frequently Asked Questions All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.