Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

The Long Trek


Play-by-Post

351 to 400 of 454 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Deruwyn wrote:
so that means that your back in the game?

Yeah. But AWED is out, so you're still in. Confusing, eh?


Londer Cross wrote:
Will Trev Oli wrote:
What...how, and by the way its your guys turn, the ogre like thing has ended his turn.
i am passed -10

Well, that's generally how characters die.


Suddenly, in the middle of the battle, a bizarre figure appears out of an impossibly small hole in the sky.

The odd man is exactly six feet tall, and if anyone decided to weigh him, weighs exactly 150 pounds. He has uniformly gray skin, and is completely hairless. He wears a pair of green wraparound sunglasses, and is covered from the neck down in a slick, black, oily material. His chest is covered by an insignia resembling a hexagon with an eye in the middle, but it is in turn covered with another symbol, this one resembling a capital 'A' surrounded with a jagged circle. Wrapped around his waist is a spiked chain, with a dagger tucked into it. In his hand, he carries a large, empty bell jar.

"Greetings nice people of Faerun!" says the strange figure, apparently oblivious to the battle raging around him.

He turns to the ogre-thing, and extends the bell jar toward it.
"You must be their chief! To you I present a very very good shiny gift, courtesy of outer violet gases."

He (it?) then turns to the rest of the adventurers and combatants.
"You I am speaking to see me, correct? For I am Free User 9-12-17-088, but you may call me Jergbilax'kjahilulknlkn'kni, if you like. Ha. Ha. I was joking, funny? I can be called any name, but I prefer to be known as 9. Wouldn't that be fun?"

9 grins, then pauses.

"Who am I?"

He then whips around with preturnatural reflexes, simultaneously whipping the dagger from his improvised belt and throwing it at the ogre-thing.

Attack roll: Natural 20, confirmation: 10 + 20 = 30, damage: 4d4 + 6 = 20 damage


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22

I suppose that i should attack to!
Deruwyn carefully aims at the opponent. the ogre-thing As she shoots, she wispers an undesernable word and the arrow's path leaves a freezing trail in the air.
Initiative=12 Attack roll= 19+24=43 Damage 1d8+9+1d6cold=18 (if chaotic total damage is 20)


I step backwards and drink a healing potion.
16 points damage healed. I'm up to 39 hit points.


9 capers about aimlessly.

"Moo moo moo moo, I am voodoo cursing you! Boo!" he yells as he runs in a tight circle in the midst of the fray.


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2

Yo I thought you left, well welcome back, i guess, as you ceep pounding and pounding on the asailant he seems to get angrier and angrier and to get more and more powerful. Seeing a newcomer he seems to see that his predicement is an impossible one and begins to flee, he is now 190ft away.


"Come back, happy person of Faerun! I need brain samples!"

9 runs about 100 feet towards the creature, then stops. His arm shoots out like a rubber band, extending to cover the distance.

Grapple check: 9 + 20 = 29

9's arm, now stretched to the width of a drinking straw, coils around the thing's neck, bringing it to a screeching halt.

"Hi hello, come now tomato bastard! Now I help you peel the luggage!"


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2

Twisting in inferel rage at this halt in his retreat he lashes out, attack, 48 dammage 36 48 if C or G. He then screams to the heavens in a strange planar dialect calling for a strange ally, a portal is riped out of the killside before you and an army of strange axiomatic supernatural beings pour forth each one undeniably undead and decaying on the spot. Then sudenly you feel a presence that has been there for the entire battle leave and see the great and powerful Lich cleric leave the seen in a dark wormhole, he seemed ot be satasfied that the new plarnar allies should do the job of DESTROYING YOU, BTW this message is for Kazir, I recomend that you use meteor swarm, these new enemies are weak enough to be killed in one casting of MS.


I'll cast meteor swarm on my turn.


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22

Deruwyn with unatural speed reaches into her quver and pulls out a completely black arrow, and aiming toward the nearest undead enemy, looses the shot. Attack roll 43. DM, please be so kind as to make a will save for the undead I just attacked(evil cackling) Then, sucking in a deep breath, spits forth a gout of green acid from her mouth also note that any of the undead in a 120ft line in front of me must take 60 points of acid damage, next round add 30 points to the same undead, breath weapon usable again in 1 round! Yee-haw!


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22

could the DM please tell me when my breath weapon has recharged, I will tell you the length of rounds it will take


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2

The acid melts through the bodies of the undead creating a corocive line 120 ft long killing all those in its path.


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22

what about the will save?


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2

He is dead and failed the will sv even is the dc is 18, however the evil body guard is still there.


9's arm suddenly transforms into a battleaxe.

"Hey people! An adventurer is me! Look waht I can do!"

9 then proceeds to swing the battleaxe toward the remaining enemy.
Attack roll: 16 + 20 = 36 I assume that hits. Damage 1d8 + 3 = 7 + 3 = 10


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2

Enraged even more the evil body guard's eyes flare and he seems to tap into a mistical power, EVILEVIL


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2

He screams with an inferel rage and swipes at the Dragon Shaman, attack 39 dammage ... 38


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2

I assume that Kazir casts M, swarm, and this kills all the undead animals.
and then D's turn


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple
Will Trev Oli wrote:

I assume that Kazir casts M, swarm, and this kills all the undead animals.

and then D's turn

Did I just fall off the map or something?

Well, I was in france. Which is like another planet.

Nym regards the newcomers with uncertainty, but then turns his attentions back to his foe who has apparetnly changed again. I'm very confused. Where did the ogre go and why is an extraplanar lich attacking us???

I cast storm of vengeance over the crowd of enemies. I concentrate for 4 rounds, dealing 6 acid damage, 33 electriciy damage, and 20 bludgeoning damage. In the first round, those who fail the fortitude save are deafened for 4 rounds.


Nym Hassan wrote:


Nym regards the newcomers with uncertainty, but then turns his attentions back to his foe who has apparetnly changed again. I'm very confused. Where did the ogre go and why is an extraplanar lich attacking us???

I cast storm of vengeance over the crowd of enemies. I concentrate for 4 rounds, dealing 6 acid damage, 33 electriciy damage, and 20 bludgeoning damage. In the first round, those who fail the fortitude save are deafened for 4 rounds.

Noticing Nym's return to reality, 9 turns his head approximately 235 degrees to face the elven cleric.

"Hello. Someone set up us the bomb. Will you be my friend?"


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22
Free User 9-12-17-088 wrote:

9's arm suddenly transforms into a battleaxe.

"Hey people! An adventurer is me! Look waht I can do!"

9 then proceeds to swing the battleaxe toward the remaining enemy.
Attack roll: 16 + 20 = 36 I assume that hits. Damage 1d8 + 3 = 7 + 3 = 10

Dude, What the heck are you?????


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22
Will Trev Oli wrote:

I assume that Kazir casts M, swarm, and this kills all the undead animals.

and then D's turn

Do you mean me or another PC?


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple
Free User 9-12-17-088 wrote:

9's arm suddenly transforms into a battleaxe.

"Hey people! An adventurer is me! Look waht I can do!"

9 then proceeds to swing the battleaxe toward the remaining enemy.
Attack roll: 16 + 20 = 36 I assume that hits. Damage 1d8 + 3 = 7 + 3 = 10

Deruwyn wrote:
Dude, What the heck are you?????

According to him, he is a Keeper. They have many talents, apparently.


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple
Will Trev Oli wrote:

I assume that Kazir casts M, swarm, and this kills all the undead animals.

and then D's turn
Deruwyn wrote:
Do you mean me or another PC?

You're the only one who's name starts with D


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22
Nym Hassan wrote:
Free User 9-12-17-088 wrote:

9's arm suddenly transforms into a battleaxe.

"Hey people! An adventurer is me! Look waht I can do!"

9 then proceeds to swing the battleaxe toward the remaining enemy.
Attack roll: 16 + 20 = 36 I assume that hits. Damage 1d8 + 3 = 7 + 3 = 10

Deruwyn wrote:
Dude, What the heck are you?????
According to him, he is a Keeper. They have many talents, apparently.

Yeah, that is the understatement of the century! What source book are they out of? They might make interesting NPC's for some of my campains, by the way Mr Shiny (or Free User 9-12-17-008) awsome roleplaying!


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22
Nym Hassan wrote:
Will Trev Oli wrote:

I assume that Kazir casts M, swarm, and this kills all the undead animals.

and then D's turn
Deruwyn wrote:
Do you mean me or another PC?
You're the only one who's name starts with D

So I am (blush,blush) sorry about that!

Deruwyn, still in the air and still holding her long bow, fires an arrow at the main threat. When it connects, frost spreads from the spot leaving a faint mist in the air.

Natural 20!!!! Critical conformation 20+24= 44 Another 20, this is for real!! This is not a joke!!! Give me a second, recovering and looking for the stats on instant kill, hear they are, just need to make a succesfull hit!!! here i go! Total of 32 (crossing fingers)


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22

Sorry Mr DM, I was so exited i forgot to write in my damage!
2d8+1d10= 18 (28 if C)


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22

oh FYI, all my rolls for this campaign are made on Dice Bag


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple

BTW, what's happening w/ my spell? How is it affecting our opponents?


Deruwyn wrote:


Yeah, that is the understatement of the century! What source book are they out of? They might make interesting NPC's for some of my campains, by the way Mr Shiny (or Free User 9-12-17-008) awsome roleplaying!

Dey be out of the Fiend Folio. Rawr.


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple

O ever vigilant DM, where are you?


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2
Nym Hassan wrote:
Will Trev Oli wrote:

I assume that Kazir casts M, swarm, and this kills all the undead animals.

and then D's turn

Did I just fall off the map or something?

Well, I was in france. Which is like another planet.

Nym regards the newcomers with uncertainty, but then turns his attentions back to his foe who has apparetnly changed again. I'm very confused. Where did the ogre go and why is an extraplanar lich attacking us???

I cast storm of vengeance over the crowd of enemies. I concentrate for 4 rounds, dealing 6 acid damage, 33 electriciy damage, and 20 bludgeoning damage. In the first round, those who fail the fortitude save are deafened for 4 rounds.

NOOOO, the lich was there hiden and recently left, and the ogre is still there, I just called him by his job title, body guard to the lich, which was the great cleric of cyric, and here is the turn order,

Ogre
Nym
D
(I am making small nick names for every one so I can type everything faster)
9
Kaz
lets try to keep it that way though the campaign.


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple
Will Trev Oli wrote:
I assume that Kazir casts M, swarm, and this kills all the undead animals.

Errr...

I guess this means my Storm etc. spell was useless. If it is at all possable, I may like to change that to Flame Strike, on the BBEG. 53 damage, 27 of that is fire, the other 26 is holy damage.

"The fury of Kelemvor is upon you! Feel his fire! You cannot hope to win!"


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple
Will Trev Oli wrote:


Ogre
Nym
D
(I am making small nick names for every one so I can type everything faster)
9
Kaz
lets try to keep it that way though the campaign.

OK, sorry. What I just posted I do on the next round.


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2
Nym Hassan wrote:
O ever vigilant DM, where are you?

Sorry guys I went on a camp out with my BS troop. Back to the action, as the evil ogre dies he releases all his evil... infernal explosion... any way the battle field grows calm and the sun comes out from behind the clouds and brightens the entire area, revealing a strugling evil warior crawling slowly away about 30 ft from you, moaning in pain, Nym as you see this man using your clerical link to your diety you sence a slight unease but however Kelemvor speaks to you telling you that this man has done nothing to cut short a life in a brutal or any other way, and Kelemvor tells you this man has a gift that can help you on your journey and in the end to attempt to kill the great cleric of Kelemvor.

Sorry I didnt say the ogre is dead D, your hit will count on your next enemy.
BTW the man is at 0 hp and dying fast(-3)per turn, due to some unknown affects on his moral character. Init doesnt mater, you may do what you wish but remember that your needed in 5 minutes in the Pig.


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22

so the thing i shot with two 20's in a row isn't dead? I though if you rolled two twenty's in a row, then scored a succesful hit the creature would instantly die! What the f*&^'s going on???????? >;-@

Deruwyn, recovering from the recent attacks, cast around to see if the rest of her comrads are okay. Seeing the badly wounded man her compasionate nature takes control of her and she swoops down next to him. I was still in the air by the way! She reaches down and gently touches the man while concentrating on the draconic power within her, and with a gently cry, the man is surrounded with a faint golden aura. I have NO idea what the touch of vitality looks like, so I am making this up as i go along As the aura encircles the man, he seems to gain strength and his wounds start closing and healing right before all our eyes. 40 HP healed through Touch of Vitality, I can still heal 180 points of damage this day
"Are you alright?" she askes, helping the soldier to his feet.


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22

by the way, if any one needs healing I can heal you. Might be best to look good at the PIG!


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22
Will Trev Oli wrote:
He screams with an inferel rage and swipes at the Dragon Shaman, attack 39 dammage ... 38

BTW, what did the thing attack me with? Swiping is rather ambiguous.


Nasty, brutish, and short. Except not. Who are you, where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22

how far are we from the pig? can I carry everyone? I have a str of 28 I should be able to carry all of you!


Deruwyn wrote:
how far are we from the pig? can I carry everyone? I have a str of 28 I should be able to carry all of you!

Huh?


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple

PIG!? What pig? I thought we were going to see some plot hook aka another priest of Kelemvor. I didn't hear anything about a pig.

Anyway...

Seeing D's speedy response to the aid of the wounded man, Nym takes out three cure serious wounds potions and takes them himself. New hp total: 98, assuming my visage of the deity spell wears off.

"I too have healing, if others are in need of it.

Newcomer... I am sorry, we must introduce ourselves. I am Nym, high priest of Kelemvor. Our current journey requires that we move too quickly for further introductions, but I am afraid that your unique ability in flying may not help now, I alone carry much weight. Could you perhaps carry these two you have assisted? My god tells me that they are not unrighteous, so we are required to assist, but as I have said, my companions and I are in a bit of a hurry."


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple

Also, Will, as a fellow DM, may I recomend making the death of a super evil being a bit more dramatic. The "explodes in evilness" was a good start, but give us more details please. One of us died in that fight, I want to see his unholy corpse spread out over the multiverse in a fine dust or something.


"PIGGY piggy piggy piggy. Piggy go MOOO! Now where was I? I I I I. It's fun to say. Just like groggy. Groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy. VOOP VOOP ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! No way, captain! No way Jose! You can't say it, OK! So what was I saying?"

9 begins doing a little happy-dance right in the middle of the battle.


Female Elf Dragon Shaman/22
Free User 9-12-17-088 wrote:

"PIGGY piggy piggy piggy. Piggy go MOOO! Now where was I? I I I I. It's fun to say. Just like groggy. Groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy groggy. VOOP VOOP ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! No way, captain! No way Jose! You can't say it, OK! So what was I saying?"

9 begins doing a little happy-dance right in the middle of the battle.

WOH, that was unexpected!

By the way, the Pig is a bar that we have to go to or something, never got that straight either. But i am trying to read the rest of the campign so i won't be quite so lost
Will, our DM, mentioned the Pig in his last post, and said that we needed to be there in five minutes.

"Greetings Nym, High priest of Kelemvor. My name is Deruwyn, and I am a dragon shaman of the Copper Dragon. I will go into further detail later, but a more presing matter is at hand, if I fly your other compainions to their next destination, how will you travel?"


GAAAH! I can't TAKE IT ANYMORE! I'm out.

9 disappears unexpectedly in a puff of raw chaos.


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple
Deruwyn wrote:
Greetings Nym, High priest of Kelemvor. My name is Deruwyn, and I am a dragon shaman of the Copper Dragon. I will go into further detail later, but a more presing matter is at hand, if I fly your other compainions to their next destination, how will you travel?"

"Our companion here," Nym motions to Kazir, "is skilled in the arts arcane. I believe he may still have a spell to transport us there in the time alloted Overland flight? would that do it if you don't have any more teleport prepared? If he has expended his allotment of the appropriate spells, I may be able to aks my god for some similar effect I may have gate prepared, I don't have my character with me right now.


M Human (undead) Gymnast-6 Logician-3 Fighter 2

Sorry Nym, I didnt have much time to create something more dramatic, I had just returned from a trip and was about to leave and go do arends when I wrote that. The Pig is the pub that the good cleric of Kelemvor asked you to meet him at, it is about 5 miles away,and you are close enough to teleport,I rented Lords of darkness for the Colorado Springs Library and it has some info on Cyric and his following so I apposogise to those who have that book and are questioning the authenticity of the recent encounters. Here is a better end to the barbaric evil ogres life,
As his flesh is pelted by the vengeful storm the body guards eyes flare red and his mouth opens wide as he screams in shear pain, his scream accompanied by those of those who he brutaly killed in the many years he had surved the evil god of trikery and murder, his body seems to melt into the earth, disolving into a strange jet black goo as he falls to the ground dead never agian to torment the good of faerun. every PC gains 10000 xp for killing the beast and his army. A minute or so later the battle field is silent, the grass on the field green, the sky blue and the birds chirping in the warm breeze.
That Better?
BTW Nym, you should have a dislike/hatred of 9 for his chaiotic attitude.
BTW2 Does any one here play rune scape? I am Master Noth1


M Moon Elf Cleric/Divine Disciple
Will Trev Oli wrote:

Sorry Nym, I didnt have much time to create something more dramatic, I had just returned from a trip and was about to leave and go do arends when I wrote that. The Pig is the pub that the good cleric of Kelemvor asked you to meet him at, it is about 5 miles away,and you are close enough to teleport,I rented Lords of darkness for the Colorado Springs Library and it has some info on Cyric and his following so I apposogise to those who have that book and are questioning the authenticity of the recent encounters. Here is a better end to the barbaric evil ogres life,

As his flesh is pelted by the vengeful storm the body guards eyes flare red and his mouth opens wide as he screams in shear pain, his scream accompanied by those of those who he brutaly killed in the many years he had surved the evil god of trikery and murder, his body seems to melt into the earth, disolving into a strange jet black goo as he falls to the ground dead never agian to torment the good of faerun. every PC gains 10000 xp for killing the beast and his army. A minute or so later the battle field is silent, the grass on the field green, the sky blue and the birds chirping in the warm breeze.
That Better?
BTW Nym, you should have a dislike/hatred of 9 for his chaiotic attitude.
BTW2 Does any one here play rune scape? I am Master Noth1

Yay!!!

Is the 9 for 9/10 or some supplemental rule-lingo I am unaware of? I understand I dislike*10 the guy, you mentioned he was a follower of the enemy of my god.

351 to 400 of 454 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Long Trek All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.