Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

What are you listening to as you browse the message boards?


Music & Audio

4,501 to 4,550 of 6,632 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>

The 8th Dwarf wrote:

I am listening to the When Diplomacy Fails Podcast , The Austro-Prussian War of 1866.

It is very good History Podcast and I recommend it to anybody interested in how wars start.

Ooh, that looks like an interesting page!

I, sadly, am afraid of podcasts, but I remember there's one you recommended on the Gore Vidal page that I must listen to one day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:

It would be nice to have 1/10th of his talent (and it would be ace if RW played Pathfinder), but sadly, no :)

Mind you, using the same reasoning, the Comrade above must be Charlie Haden, so here's me and him and Carla Bley

Warning: may contain jazz.

Ooh! I'll be Charlie Haden, that's cool.

See how it all ties together? (Kind of)


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:

The Who--"I Can See for Miles"

The legendary one-note guitar solo!

Oh ye-ah!

EDIT: I think I see Limeylongears's mum again.


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
The 8th Dwarf wrote:

I am listening to the When Diplomacy Fails Podcast , The Austro-Prussian War of 1866.

It is very good History Podcast and I recommend it to anybody interested in how wars start.

Ooh, that looks like an interesting page!

I, sadly, am afraid of podcasts, but I remember there's one you recommended on the Gore Vidal page that I must listen to one day.

Why are you afraid of podcasts - they are just Audio YouTube except there is a far higher percentage of quality shows and its free.

Yes the stand up comedian/social commentator Greg Proops tells a few stories about Gore Vidal. His eulogy was both funny and almost as cutting as something of Gore's.


One time, long ago, someone, probably you, recommended a podcast and I clicked on the link and it told me I had to download something.

Well, I fell for that trick once on a porn site and, let me tell you, never again!

Really, though I don't listen to people talking much; I never listen to the news or any talk programs. I prefer information to come in through my eyes and for rockin' tunes to come in through my ears.

But, the Boxer Rebellion? The Boer War? The Sepoy Revolt? I might have to give in...


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:

One time, long ago, someone, probably you, recommended a podcast and I clicked on the link and it told me I had to download something.

Well, I fell for that trick once on a porn site and, let me tell you, never again!

Really, though I don't listen to people talking much; I never listen to the news or any talk programs. I prefer information to come in through my eyes and for rockin' tunes to come in through my ears.

But, the Boxer Rebellion? The Boer War? The Sepoy Revolt? I might have to give in...

Bummer - people can be turds. if you have iTunes you can get the podcasts for free from there with no nasty surprises. I get a lot of NPR, BBC, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, and indi podcasts from there.

If you have an Android device you can get podcast APP.


Iron Maiden. More Iron Maiden...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:

It would be nice to have 1/10th of his talent (and it would be ace if RW played Pathfinder), but sadly, no :)

Mind you, using the same reasoning, the Comrade above must be Charlie Haden, so here's me and him and Carla Bley

Warning: may contain jazz.

Ooh! I'll be Charlie Haden, that's cool.

See how it all ties together? (Kind of)

I thought this was pretty good until they got to the "guitar solo", at which point it stopped being pretty good and started being SUPER FANTASTIC!

I want to marry a woman like that (poor her)

ALso, hearing this, by Sugar, a few days ago reminded me of what a brilliant song it is....


One more spin for Mahmoud before he goes back on the shelf.

Live decades later with a bunch of white boys


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm getting mildly obsessed with the Guruh Gypsy LP. At some point I'm going to have to break my self-imposed no credit card purchases rule and get that and the Amanaz album from A Well-Known Tax-Avoiding (allegedly) Internet Retailer, since they're the only people who seem to sell it.

Here's why

And again

And again. Not exactly Styx, but strangely compelling nonetheless...

EDIT: Also, couldn't let this one slide... Bettie Page dancing to The Seeds!


Ah, I had forgotten about that link in the Prog Thread. Will have to listen to as soon as I finish listening to 23 Beats Off

As for Internet Record Buying, I try to avoid it: my last purchase (of Barbara Manning's Lately I Keep Scissors and the first Pere Ubu LP, IIRC) resulted in my checking account being defrauded for $600!


Limeylongears wrote:
EDIT: Also, couldn't let this one slide... Bettie Page dancing to The Seeds!

Speaking of 23 Beats Off, maybe I'll just watch this over and over and over.


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:

Ah, I had forgotten about that link in the Prog Thread. Will have to listen to as soon as I finish listening to 23 Beats Off

As for Internet Record Buying, I try to avoid it: my last purchase (of Barbara Manning's Lately I Keep Scissors and the first Pere Ubu LP, IIRC) resulted in my checking account being defrauded for $600!

Handy info, but this seemed to direct me to the Baker's Union web page :)


Woops!

Fixed.

Also,

Vive le Galt!


Wintersun-Time
Cradle of Filth-The Manticore and other horrors

Andoran

Pavement - "Spit On A Stranger"
Tengger Cavalry - "Wolf Totem"
Dropkick Murphys, with Fat Mike, Chris Cheney, and Lenny Clarke - "Going Out In Style"
Dropkick Murphys, featuring Bruce Springsteen - "Peg O' My Heart" (traditional)
Dropkick Murphys - "Rose Tattoo"
Mastodon - "Blood and Thunder"
Jets To Brazil - "I Typed For Miles"
Jets To Brazil - "Chinatown"
Social Distortion - "Making Believe" (cover)
Social Distortion - "Story Of My Life"
No Use For A Name - "The Trumpet Player"
No Use For A Name - "Soulmate"
No Use For A Name - "Justified Black Eye"
Motorhead - "Heroes"
The Bruisers - "Intimidation"
Lagwagon - "Lullaby"
Big D and the Kids Table - "LAX"
Big D and the Kids Table - "My Girlfriend's On Drugs"
The Tigermilks - "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying" (cover)
Jeffrey Foucault - "Miles From The Lightning"
The Plugz - "Electrify Me"
Bad Astronaut - "Linoleum" (cover)
Against Me! - "Pretty Girls (The Mover)"
Brian Fallon - "Sowing Season (Yeah)" (cover)


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

Pavement - "Spit On A Stranger"


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:


The Tigermilks - "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying" (cover)

Heh, reminds me of listening to the album they took their name from on a cassette tape which was a copy of a copy of a copy (etc for about 10 or 11 times) because it hadn't been released on CD yet, and getting one of the vinyl copies was not something a 16-18 year old who didn't even live in Glasgow could even dream of.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*shudder* That post ended up so darn hipsterish sounding I had to go find a mirror and make sure I hadn't grown an ironic moustache while I typed it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules Subscriber

New awesome nu school covering old school

Iced Earth - Creatures of the Night

They also cover God of Thunder, Burning for You, and The Number of the Beast, Highway to Hell, Black Sabbath, and one of my all time favorites

Dead Babies

Taldor

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Tales Subscriber
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

...

Jets To Brazil - "I Typed For Miles"
Jets To Brazil - "Chinatown"
...

I adore that album.

Monkey Gone To Heaven by The Pixies is currently on the radio.


GeraintElberion wrote:


Monkey Gone To Heaven by The Pixies is currently on the radio.

You're listening to the same show I am :)


Kajehase wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:


The Tigermilks - "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying" (cover)
Heh, reminds me of listening to the album they took their name from on a cassette tape which was a copy of a copy of a copy (etc for about 10 or 11 times) because it hadn't been released on CD yet, and getting one of the vinyl copies was not something a 16-18 year old who didn't even live in Glasgow could even dream of.

Heh, I didn't even notice.

Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying

I only saw them once in Boston and they did a Pixies tribute where they let someone from the audience come up and sing Gigantic. The woman only knew the first verse and ad-libbed lyrics about her boyfriend for the rest of the song.


Posting North by Northwest links and watching Eva Marie-Saint shoot Cary Grant led me here.


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:

The Weirdos - "Solitary Confinement"

Life of Crime with vocal melody stolen by the Stereo MCs (remember them?)

We Got the Neutron Bomb live


The Truth Beneath the Rose - Within Temptation

Shadow Lodge

Eternity's Shylock ~ Malcolm Brown


Lake Of Tears - Headstones. Lady Rosenred before and Path Of The Gods thereafter. Also Iron Maiden.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

3 Hur-el

And two Baris Manco tunes.

A long (ish), sultry one

And a short, slightly disturbing one

Plus a version of the same song with a female vocalist. Still a bit creepy...


Limeylongears wrote:

Here's why

And again

And again. Not exactly Styx, but strangely compelling nonetheless...

Link

Still digesting Limey's Indonesian finds and am moving over the link from the Prog page for easier, uh, digestion.

Andoran

Some of the songs that have been on heavy rotation lately:

Dropkick Murphys - "Going Out In Style"

Dropkick Murphys - "Walk Away"

Jets to Brazil - "I Typed For Miles"

Jets to Brazil - "Chinatown"

Social Distortion - "Footprints On My Ceiling"

Joey Cape - "I Must Be Hateful (acoustic)"

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "I Won't Back Down"

Bruce Springsteen - "Born to Run"

The Gaslight Anthem - "Handwritten"

The Gaslight Anthem - "Great Expectations"

No Use For A Name - "The Trumpet Player"


kid rocks "chickens in the pen"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ready to get sexy?

Walk On By


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Rush's "Clockwork Angels" at present, and Orden Ogan's "To The End" pretty much ceaselessly last week. :)

Andoran

Bad Astronaut - "Minus"
Boards of Canada - "Echus"
The Beatles - "Hard Day's Night"
Jets to Brazil - "King Medicine"
Tim Minchin - "Storm"
The Gaslight Anthem - "Great Expectations"
Staind - "This Is Beetle" (cover)
Blues Traveler - "Hook"
Howard Shore / London Philharmonic Orchestra - "Concerning Hobbits"
Greg Brown - "Lord, I Have Made You A Place In My Heart"
Chuck Ragan - "Nothing Left To Prove (live)"
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "The Waiting"
Television - "See No Evil (alternate mix)"
Television - "Friction (alternate mix)"
Television - "Marquee Moon (alternate mix)"
Social Distortion - "Making Believe" (cover)
Social Distortion - "Prison Bound"
Social Distortion - "Footprints On My Ceiling"
Hot Water Music - "Mainline"
Hot Water Music - "State of Grace"
Hot Water Music - "Drag My Body"
Hot Water Music - "Trusty Chords"
Gin Blossoms - "29"
Gin Blossoms - "Pieces of the Night"
The Wallflowers - "One Headlight"


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules Subscriber
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
The Beatles - "Hard Day's Night"

Run For Your Life...one of the scariest Beatles songs


drunken_nomad wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
The Beatles - "Hard Day's Night"
Run For Your Life...one of the scariest Beatles songs

Yeah, but it's, well, Getting Better all the time.


So, I'm driving around town today, goin' places and gettin' my car fixed and [bubble bubble bubble] and, as per ritual, I'm listenin' to the classic rock station.

And they play Paradise City which, okay, fair enough, that was a long time ago, but then they follow it up with Sabotage!

[Curses the inexorable March of Time]


Still haven't gotten around to Limey's latest new find, but, in the meantime

Emily Kane

Taldor

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Tales Subscriber

As Christmas approaches, these are a great alternative to choirs.


The OBC soundtrack to The Drowsy Chaperone.

Andoran

Chuck Ragan - "Lost and Found"
Chuck Ragan - "Do What You Do"
Chuck Ragan - "Don't Say A Word"
Chuck Ragan - "Ole Diesel"
Ramones - "Strength To Endure"
Richard Thompson - "Beeswing"
Jets to Brazil - "Morning New Disease"
Gin Blossoms - "29"
Social Distortion - "Reach For The Sky (live acoustic)"
Greg Brown - "Eugene"
Greg Brown - "Summer Evening"
Johnny Cash - "I Won't Back Down" (cover)
Dropkick Murphys - "God Willing"
Dropkick Murphys - "Amazing Grace" (traditional)
Dropkick Murphys - "Fortunate Son" (cover)
Dropkick Murphys - "1953"
Dropkick Murphys - "Walk Away"
Traveling Wilburys - "Handle With Care"
Lagwagon - "Alison's Disease"
Neil Young - "Old Man"
Neil Young - "Harvest Moon"
Joey Cape - "Broken Record"
Joey Cape - "Alison's Disease"
Fugazi - "Waiting Room"
Gang of Four - "Paralysed"


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "I Won't Back Down"

Yay!! Although there weren't that many (if any) Heartbreakers on this one. In fact, I think it's the only record that is credited solely to Tom Petty.


Limeylongears wrote:

3 Hur-el

And two Baris Manco tunes.

A long (ish), sultry one

And a short, slightly disturbing one

Plus a version of the same song with a female vocalist. Still a bit creepy...

Humbled again by the master of psychedelic Third World music, Limeylongears!


King's College Choir (with Sir David Willcocks and Sir Philip Ledger - Palestrina: Masses and Motets

Andoran

Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - "I Won't Back Down"
Yay!! Although there weren't that many (if any) Heartbreakers on this one. In fact, I think it's the only record that is credited solely to Tom Petty.

I just listed it as that to save space. The song is performed by Tom, Mike Campbell, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, and Ringo Starr. So, according to the Rule of Three, this could be considered a lost Wilbuys track: three Wilburys, two Beatles, and two Heartbreakers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Locked Within the Crystal Ball" by Blackmore's Night.


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Jeff Lynne

You know, I don't think I can name a single ELO tune. I hear they used to be big.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules Subscriber
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Jeff Lynne
You know, I don't think I can name a single ELO tune. I hear they used to be big.

Dont Fear the Reaper?

Thirty Days in the Hole?
All the Young Dudes?
Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves?
Sledgehammer?
c'mon man :)


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Jeff Lynne
You know, I don't think I can name a single ELO tune. I hear they used to be big.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Drunken Nomad. Apart from all the classic ELO hits he's mentioned, there's also:

10538 overture and Do Ya

Telephone Line

I love ELO - quite a different band when they started (with Roy Wood) compared to where they ended up, as AOR Titans.

And as a special treat, because I know you're just dieing to see a hairy man in makeup miming with a French Horn in a Phil Spector "tribute", Here's Roy himself, with Wizzard

4,501 to 4,550 of 6,632 << first < prev | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gamer Life / Music & Audio / What are you listening to as you browse the message boards? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.