Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Fan Created Levels


Maure Castle


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

Hi, I would like to start out with saying that I'm a big fan of the Maure Castle series. As a DM, I ran about six players through this adventure after exhausting my homebrew campaign around 12 or 13th level and loved the entire dungeon, although we ended after my players defeated Eli in the statuary and thus never had the chance to run them through the rest of the castle (although we may revisit it later).

Alright, enough about me. I guess my real question concerns whether or not RJK ("Uncle" as he goes by on here) is in the habit of accepting fan created levels for maure castle? (I know dungeon accepts fan-created adventures already.) There are a lot of levels remaining in Maure Castle that are as yet unpublished (the family crypts, the outer sanctum, the reliquery, the old dungeon, even the lost city of the elders, and perhaps a few others I've missed) so I'm sure he's got to be real busy (about one year transpires between each issue that contains a level). Although fans wouldn't know the hidden motives for some of the storyline information presented in the series by RJK, the theme of the series wouldn't be lost.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the adventures and hope to run my players through the levels they never reached in the future. Keep up the good work!


According to RJK and James Jacobs, RJK is supposed to have the 1st draft of the Family Crypts AND one other level that has not been named to Dungeon Magazine in I believe March or April (2007). I don't know when they will actually see print, but I'm hoping at least one will be out by this summer.


I'd love to see some fan-created levels, myself. Beware though: if I like them, I may adopt them into my version of Castle Greyhawk: http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_grodog.html :D :D

Allan.


lost city of the elders.. im waiting!!! :)
Afterall we got the book and just waiting to use the dagger..


Rob will eventually release LCotE, but it's a BIG project---likely a 96 page book, at minimum.

Allan.


grodog wrote:

Rob will eventually release LCotE, but it's a BIG project---likely a 96 page book, at minimum.

Allan.

Which means that it will never happen. Productivity just isn't his thing, from what I've seen so far.


Gurubabaramalamaswami wrote:
Which means that it will never happen. Productivity just isn't his thing, from what I've seen so far.

I guess it depends on your definition of productivity: while certainly some projects have been shifted around in priority, cancelled, etc., Rob has written/published the following adventures from 2004 onward:


  • Dungeon 112 - The Statuary (Paizo; July 2004)
  • Maze of Zayene 4 - The Eight Kings (Different Worlds; August 2004)
  • Dungeon 124 - Chambers of Antiquities (Paizo; July 2005)
  • Dark Chateau (Troll Lord; November 2005)
  • Cairn of the Skeleton King (Pied Piper; August 2006)
  • Dungeon 139 - The Greater Halls (Paizo; October 2006)
  • Tower of Blood (Pied Piper; February 2007)
  • The Original Living Room (Pied PiperFebruary 2007)

Allan.


About 2 products a year and some of them not of very lengthy content. I'm watching Richard Pett and Nick Logue and several others churn out lots of really great content that is destined to be every bit as revered as Kuntz's work and also keeping their commitments.

I just wonder how old I'll be to have to see a complete Castle Greyh...uh..Zagyg. Or the "official" City of Brass.


Gurubabaramalamaswami wrote:
I just wonder how old I'll be to have to see a complete Castle Greyh...uh..Zagyg. Or the "official" City of Brass.

Rob's not working on the Castle Zagyg project any longer, so I have no idea; after a quick check on the TLG site, CZ should be available at GenCon 2007 if they stay on schedule.

Rob can't publish his version of the City of Brass until PPP reacquires the rights from Kenzer, which is in the works, but nothing can be done with what Rob wrote for them until the property is back in his hands. That simple.


grodog wrote:
Gurubabaramalamaswami wrote:
I just wonder how old I'll be to have to see a complete Castle Greyh...uh..Zagyg. Or the "official" City of Brass.

Rob's not working on the Castle Zagyg project any longer, so I have no idea; after a quick check on the TLG site, CZ should be available at GenCon 2007 if they stay on schedule.

Rob can't publish his version of the City of Brass until PPP reacquires the rights from Kenzer, which is in the works, but nothing can be done with what Rob wrote for them until the property is back in his hands. That simple.

Sorry folks! Looks like I should've checked my email first. Didn't mean to offend anyone and I didn't realize that the subject was so volatile. My apologies.


Has anyone created "fan" levels? I expect to run Maure Castle within the next several months and would like any ideas that I can grab ahold of.


I've been working up various encounters and details on the surface lands of the Maures, in the hexes that surround Maure Castle. Mostly still notes, but I'll post something here when I have sufficient info to be worth sharing.

I don't know of any fan-created levels, offhand, but would certainly love to hear about them as folks write them up!

Allan.

Dark Archive

grodog wrote:

I've been working up various encounters and details on the surface lands of the Maures, in the hexes that surround Maure Castle. Mostly still notes, but I'll post something here when I have sufficient info to be worth sharing.

I don't know of any fan-created levels, offhand, but would certainly love to hear about them as folks write them up!

Allan.

When might we be able to see some of those notes? Sounds cool.


Not for a little while still: our newborn's 9 weeks old, so we're finally starting to catch up on lost sleep :D

Allan.

Dark Archive

grodog wrote:

Not for a little while still: our newborn's 9 weeks old, so we're finally starting to catch up on lost sleep :D

Allan.

Congrats man! I can totally feel for you, with two of my own over here. If only there was a way you could store sleep till needed. Anyway good luck, and I await your post when ever you feel up to it!


I've been working on my version of Castle Greyhawk, which will eventually integrate with Castle El Raja Key/Maure Castle via teleporters and other nefarious transporters, so I'll be working on these notes again in the next month or two.

If you're curious, several of my CG levels (including a few new ones) are posted @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_castle_grodog.html. Even if you're not running Castle Greyhawk/Zagyg, the levels can easily be inserted into Maure Castle :D

Allan.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Older Products / Dungeon Magazine / Maure Castle / Fan Created Levels All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Maure Castle
More Maure Castle?

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.