Starfinder Flip-Mat: Starship, The Sunrise Maiden

Starfinder Flip-Mat: Starship, The Sunrise Maiden

Add Print Edition $19.99

Add PDF $10.49

Facebook Twitter Email

It's Your Ship Now!

Whether the heroes are hopping between neighboring planets or exploring distant worlds on the frontiers of the galaxy, no Game Master wants to spend time drawing every cabin and companionway on a starship. Fortunately, with this double-sided, oversized Starfinder Flip-Mat, you don't have to! This Flip-Mat features two ready-to-use science-fantasy scenes, designed specifically for use with Starfinder's Dead Suns Adventure Path but suitable for play with any space-based adventure. The detailed interior of the Sunrise Maiden starship is depicted on one side while the exterior of the ship inside a docking bay is shown on the other.

Don't waste time sketching when you could be playing. With Starfinder Flip-Mat: Starship, The Sunrise Maiden, you'll always be ready when your players head for the stars!

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-035-4

Note: This product is part of the Starfinder Maps Subscription.

Additional Product Images


(click to enlarge)
Starfinder Flip-Mat: Starship, The Sunrise Maiden Starfinder Flip-Mat: Starship, The Sunrise Maiden

Product Availability

Print Edition: Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 7 business days.

PDF: Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO7307


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Announced for May 2018! Image and description are not final and may vary before release!


Oooooooo...

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Great!

I only wish it would have come out sooner than before part #6 of the AP.

Well, it´s a great map and i´m gonna buy it! :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Class Deck, Maps, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Cool. I like the idea of the exterior scene on the reverse side.

Dark Archive

5 people marked this as a favorite.

I've just seen that this will be a "bigger" flip-mat.

The interior of the "Sunrise Maiden" is 20 square broad and 37 squares long, but the hull is about 10 squares broader and 5 squares longer on the interior back cover of AP #1.

A "bigger" flip-mat is 27 squares broad and 39 squares long.

It will be good to have a little space on the port and starboard sides for entry into the two cargo holds.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Very good idea. Although it's would be much more useful if it was released earlier.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Seconded, great idea, a little bit too late for early adopters.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I hope we´ll get a flip-mat with the "Thaumtech Cairncarver" from AP#2 on one side and maybe the as yet untitled starship from AP#3 on the other side!

Liberty's Edge Contributor

Marco Massoudi wrote:

I've just seen that this will be a "bigger" flip-mat.

The interior of the "Sunrise Maiden" is 20 square broad and 37 squares long, but the hull is about 10 squares broader and 5 squares longer on the interior back cover of AP #1.

A "bigger" flip-mat is 27 squares broad and 39 squares long.

It will be good to have a little space on the port and starboard sides for entry into the two cargo holds.

I'm curious to know how they'll fit the ship and the docking bay details on the other side of the map. It seems the ship interior will just fit on the bigger map with a little to spare. The hull and full wingspan should take up more space. I don't know how they're going to have room for any of the docking bay details.

Paizo Employee Creative Director, Starfinder

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Paris Crenshaw wrote:
Marco Massoudi wrote:

I've just seen that this will be a "bigger" flip-mat.

The interior of the "Sunrise Maiden" is 20 square broad and 37 squares long, but the hull is about 10 squares broader and 5 squares longer on the interior back cover of AP #1.

A "bigger" flip-mat is 27 squares broad and 39 squares long.

It will be good to have a little space on the port and starboard sides for entry into the two cargo holds.

I'm curious to know how they'll fit the ship and the docking bay details on the other side of the map. It seems the ship interior will just fit on the bigger map with a little to spare. The hull and full wingspan should take up more space. I don't know how they're going to have room for any of the docking bay details.

The exterior map shows one side and wing of the ship and the docking bay, not the entire exterior.

Liberty's Edge Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Robert G. McCreary wrote:
Paris Crenshaw wrote:
I'm curious to know how they'll fit the ship and the docking bay details on the other side of the map. It seems the ship interior will just fit on the bigger map with a little to spare. The hull and full wingspan should take up more space. I don't know how they're going to have room for any of the docking bay details.
The exterior map shows one side and wing of the ship and the docking bay, not the entire exterior.

That makes sense. Thanks, Rob!

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Is this "over-sized" Flip-Mat format the new standard, or only for some products released?

Dark Archive

xidoraven wrote:
Is this "over-sized" Flip-Mat format the new standard, or only for some products released?

It is not the standard, it's identical to the "Bigger Flip-mat" products of the Pathfinder line (which fold down to the same 8 x 10 squares as the normal ones).

That being said, the Starfinder flip-mat line seems to use the "oversized" size more often than the Pathfinder line, which in this case (and with other starships) is necessary due to the size of the ship.
In other cases (like the next one "Asteroids") it feels totally unnecessary to make it 27 x 39 instead of 24 x 30 in my opinion.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
xidoraven wrote:
Is this "over-sized" Flip-Mat format the new standard, or only for some products released?

It seems you were on to something:

The next two Starfinder Flip-Mats are going to be oversized.

There are now 9 "Bigger" Pathfinder flip-mats & 5 "oversized" Starfinder flipmats.

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I just want to make sure I am not using an out-dated format to make maps that could be used on Flip-Mats and related items. If both formats are still being used for the foreseeable future, then I can accommodate that pretty easily in my designs.

I do not own any of the bigger/over-sized map products, but own many 24x30 Flip-Mats, quite a few Map Packs by Paizo, as well as several sets of older D&D modular tile sets (two-sided, not very marker friendly, and come in a box with maps on its two main faces, top/bottom). I always wondered if Paizo might eventually employ this sort of multi-function product layout (like Vic mentioned on the other thread.

Paizo Employee Creative Director, Starfinder

1 person marked this as a favorite.
xidoraven wrote:

I just want to make sure I am not using an out-dated format to make maps that could be used on Flip-Mats and related items. If both formats are still being used for the foreseeable future, then I can accommodate that pretty easily in my designs.

I do not own any of the bigger/over-sized map products, but own many 24x30 Flip-Mats, quite a few Map Packs by Paizo, as well as several sets of older D&D modular tile sets (two-sided, not very marker friendly, and come in a box with maps on its two main faces, top/bottom). I always wondered if Paizo might eventually employ this sort of multi-function product layout (like Vic mentioned on the other thread.

At the moment, 24x30 is still the standard for Starfinder Flip-Mats (the product descriptions for upcoming Flip-Mats have been fixed to display the correct size). There will be occasional bigger exceptions, like the Basic Starfield and Sunrise Maiden Flip-Mats.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

How did I miss this annoucement?!?

Really looking forward to this one! :)

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber

I am so excited to see this!

Hmm


Why must we wait so damned long?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I wonder how usefull this will be in the AP with players making changes to their version of the Sunrise Maiden.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Starfinder Superscriber

It would have been and still would be nice to have a map pack of ALL of the combat area from the AP. I was highly disappointed that the Club/bar map wasn't of the place in pt 1 of the AP. I have been pretty disappointed in how useless the Flip maps have been to running the AP.


I can see a scenario in the future, where you will deal with a Hesper using this map.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Is it just me or is the scale of the ship different on each side? The side showing the interior shows the entire length of the ship from nose to tail, but the side showing the exterior does not. They're almost the same, pretty close actually, but the difference when viewed side by side stands out to me.

Dark Archive

Fumarole wrote:
Is it just me or is the scale of the ship different on each side? The side showing the interior shows the entire length of the ship from nose to tail, but the side showing the exterior does not. They're almost the same, pretty close actually, but the difference when viewed side by side stands out to me.

You are correct.

Sadly two or three squares of the cockpit are missing at the front. ;-(

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Starfinder Flip-Mat: Starship, The Sunrise Maiden All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.