Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Starfinder Armory

Our Price: $39.99

Preorder expected

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Outfit yourself with only the best supplies for interstellar adventure with the hardcover Starfinder Armory! Within this directory of futuristic equipment, you'll find tons of adventuring gear for the Starfinder Roleplaying Game, from weapons, armor, and augmentations to technological items, magic items, vehicles, and more! Also included are new equipment-themed player options for every Starfinder character class! Starfinder Armory is a must-have companion volume to the Starfinder Core Rulebook. With this galactic inventory of inventive gadgets and gear, you'll always have exactly what you need to explore new worlds and wonders!

978-1-64078-041-5

Note: This product is part of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscription.

Product Availability

Preorder - Expected approximately .

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO7108


See Also:



Product Discussion (41)
Paizo Employee Webstore Coordinator

Announced for July! Product image and description are not final.


7 people marked this as a favorite.

Will this have towels.

Also, Yay!!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Hardcover?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Page count? Hopefully more than 160 for the price.


Ooooooo


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*Crosses fingers for an extra page, paragraph, sidebar, or something that gives a satisfactory answer to why shields and armor work they way they do; i.e., why your shields don't take damage until after your armor has already failed to do its job despite shields being traditionally envisioned as OUTSIDE and IN FRONT OF the armor.

It's not a gameplay issue at all; it's a world immersion issue.


July can't get here fast enough. :)


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

Just in time for my birthday! Was really hoping for a book like this. So glad its coming out soon.

Dark Archive

I expect this book to be 160 pages, as it is the same price as the Alien Archive.

So we now seem to know the three Starfinder hardcovers in 2018:

-"Pact Worlds" in march

-"Armory" in july

-"Alien Archive 2" in oct-dec


Also, they redid the Starship skill DCs. Any chance of that appearing in print here? Just for the convenience of having that in print, I mean.


Alright! Here come the tech toys!


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Gorbacz wrote:
Hardcover?

These "isometric" pictures have always been hardcovers.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:
I expect this book to be 160 pages, as it is the same price as the Alien Archive.

Good catch!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Hoping for Grav Tanks* I like.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Mechs? Or at least better power armor (and not ones that make players rediculous sizes.

Liberty's Edge

Tectorman wrote:
Also, they redid the Starship skill DCs. Any chance of that appearing in print here? Just for the convenience of having that in print, I mean.

Where?


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Paladinosaur wrote:
Tectorman wrote:
Also, they redid the Starship skill DCs. Any chance of that appearing in print here? Just for the convenience of having that in print, I mean.
Where?

See the Starfinder FAQ here.

Grand Lodge

Marco Massoudi wrote:

I expect this book to be 160 pages, as it is the same price as the Alien Archive.

That's really small for this price though.

The Alien Archive was top notch quality, only feedback you could give about it is that it's too small per $. We can't use the argument anymore that Starfinder is a game where we would still need to find out the popularity.. ;-)


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Tectorman wrote:
Also, they redid the Starship skill DCs. Any chance of that appearing in print here? Just for the convenience of having that in print, I mean.

That will probably go in the CRB reprinting, since it's just some adjusted numbers.

Paizo Employee Starfinder Design Lead

Varun Creed wrote:
Marco Massoudi wrote:

I expect this book to be 160 pages, as it is the same price as the Alien Archive.

That's really small for this price though.)

What do you think the standard price for modern 160 page hardback RPG books is? to work that out, you can't look at other books of different sizes and try to extrapolate. Find other 160 page hardback full color RPG books printed this yea, and check their price.

Varun Creed wrote:
We can't use the argument anymore that Starfinder is a game where we would still need to find out the popularity.. ;-)

You might be surprised how far out these books are planned and scheduled. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

More weapons? Count me in! The weapon progression was something that kinda bothered me. Unless you're a Solarian, you'd basically be switching back and forth between different weapon styles or elements just to keep up. Here's hoping we can expand that arsenal, not only for more variety, but to also allow me to be thematically consistent while progressing through levels!

And as unlikely as this, I am also hoping for something akin to the Shield Weaves from the Phantasy Star Portable/Online series, completely segregating defense from aesthetic. It wouldn't really do much gameplay-wise, but when the only armor that matches your character flavorwise is Defrex Hide, and maybe Second Skin... I say it'd be pretty nice.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

EIGHT MONTHS! EIGHT WHOLE MONTHS!?

Not sure I'm gonna' make it man!


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

Hoping for some equipment that feels more futuristic. Data cloaks, smart ammo, smart grenades, surveillance equipment, etc.

I'm also hoping for more light armors with armor upgrade slots.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

My birthday is the last day of July. I signed on for the main book subscription service. I do hope this means that by the time my birthday rolls around I will have more toys to include in the pre-gens I intend to make for the furry con I will be attending the weekend before Halloween as well as a few things for my ysoki solarion to dream about using in starfinder society.


I'm on board for this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I would really like to see a machine, maybe something for your ship, that can break gear back down into UPB's. Since money and UPB's are interchangeable, and literally everything except drugs are made from them, why not just make a device that converts them back? It would make it so a properly outfitted group would never have to worry about going back to town unless they want to.
Just a thought...

AtD


3 people marked this as a favorite.

We could definitely use more power armour, given we only have 5 and they all have different niches, making it extremely difficult to make a long-term character focused in it.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

It would also be interesting if they added some advanced melee weapons with the Operative property.

The Exchange

Starfinder Charter Superscriber
BretI wrote:
It would also be interesting if they added some advanced melee weapons with the Operative property.

I doubt it will happen because of the damage curve with trick attack.


The Sideromancer wrote:
We could definitely use more power armour, given we only have 5 and they all have different niches, making it extremely difficult to make a long-term character focused in it.

Amen to this! I plan on going into power armor and I'm more a little worried about the gap between level 5 battle harness and the level 10 Spider Suit... It would also be nice to have more "generalist" medium-size power armor options like the battle harness. Spider/Flight are both awesome concepts, but they're also rather specialized and being Large/Huge can be a serious detriment in the wrong campaign. Having to strip down to your Second Skin (TM) because your tank can't fit inside the dungeon is not a good feeling.

I'd especially love a level 7 Power Armor. A full BAB character who's serious about his armor can spring for it at 5 (buying a level+2 armor as soon as he qualifies for Power Armor feat) and any character with medium BAB who picks the feat up at level 7 has an equal level armor option available instead of having to settle for the battle harness, an armor that's already two levels below them.


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
You might be surprised how far out these books are planned and scheduled. :)

I've always wondered about this - is there any point in making suggestions or asking for specific things when a product is announced, or has the content already been decided on and/or written by the time the book shows up on the website?

This book will start shipping in ~seven months. At what point is the content locked in?

Paizo Employee Franchise Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Kudaku wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
You might be surprised how far out these books are planned and scheduled. :)

I've always wondered about this - is there any point in making suggestions or asking for specific things when a product is announced, or has the content already been decided on and/or written by the time the book shows up on the website?

This book will start shipping in ~seven months. At what point is the content locked in?

While a book is technically still in flux until we send it to the printer, we generally have the content decided months in advance of that when we outline it and assign it to authors. Suggestions and wish lists, thus, often come after much of a book's work has been done, but that doesn't mean that we couldn't make last-minute changes to get in a particularly vital idea. It's more likely, however, that we'd look to past product threads when outlining future projects in the same vein. There's a reason, after all, that fans generally start a Bestiary request thread long before the next volume in the line has been announced.


Thanks for the inside scoop. :)


I need vehicles! Land,sea,and air. Can I get bikes and skates and skateboards. Fine spaceships and more guns.

Sovereign Court

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Would be interesting to get formulas to generate armour/weapons/vehicles to make up the missing levels for things.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
Shaudius wrote:
BretI wrote:
It would also be interesting if they added some advanced melee weapons with the Operative property.
I doubt it will happen because of the damage curve with trick attack.

Operatives need to spend a feat to get advanced melee weapons.

Others are likely to be interested in Operative weapons and some of them (such as ranged Solarians) would have the proficiency and are likely to have a better Dex than Strength.

That plus I find it hard to believe in a world with Technomancers and such, you wouldn’t get someone making a plasma dagger or something like that. Once the blueprint is available, anyone with the UPBs and skill could craft one.

Paizo Employee Starfinder Design Lead

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Mark Moreland wrote:
Kudaku wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
You might be surprised how far out these books are planned and scheduled. :)

I've always wondered about this - is there any point in making suggestions or asking for specific things when a product is announced, or has the content already been decided on and/or written by the time the book shows up on the website?

This book will start shipping in ~seven months. At what point is the content locked in?

While a book is technically still in flux until we send it to the printer, we generally have the content decided months in advance of that when we outline it and assign it to authors. Suggestions and wish lists, thus, often come after much of a book's work has been done, but that doesn't mean that we couldn't make last-minute changes to get in a particularly vital idea. It's more likely, however, that we'd look to past product threads when outlining future projects in the same vein. There's a reason, after all, that fans generally start a Bestiary request thread long before the next volume in the line has been announced.

Mark's right.

Sometimes we find that, as a result of how the art and text flow, we need to add 500 words to a section at the last minute, in which case knowing everyone desperately wants star-halfling cyber-muffins is really useful. Other times we read these threads and think "If only the book hadn't;t already shipped to the printer."

usually we're somewhere between those two extremes.

But what can't change on a dime is things like how big a book is. When scheduling the workflow, we need start and end dates not just for writing, but development, editing, art and map orders, layout, and so on. And those dates can't be before the previous books are done, and cannot push back when alter things on the schedule happen 9and there's never just one book going through the pipeline).

So even if everyone agrees six months before a release date that it's be better if a book was 64 pages longer, the schedule just can't accommodate that without pushing back everything, including products in unrelated lines that have subscribers ex-ecting monthly (or bi-monthly, or quarterly) products. And while we try to build in slack, we NEED that for when some disaster strikes, like play testing discovering a whole subsystem is broken in a very specific way very late in the process.
We can, of course, make books SMALLER, but no one ever seems to advocate for that.


Ahpook The Destroyer wrote:

I would really like to see a machine, maybe something for your ship, that can break gear back down into UPB's. Since money and UPB's are interchangeable, and literally everything except drugs are made from them, why not just make a device that converts them back? It would make it so a properly outfitted group would never have to worry about going back to town unless they want to.

Just a thought...

AtD

You can already break items down for their UPB (10%). The issue is that it doesn't say how or how long it takes to do so.


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Mark Moreland wrote:
Kudaku wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
You might be surprised how far out these books are planned and scheduled. :)

I've always wondered about this - is there any point in making suggestions or asking for specific things when a product is announced, or has the content already been decided on and/or written by the time the book shows up on the website?

This book will start shipping in ~seven months. At what point is the content locked in?

While a book is technically still in flux until we send it to the printer, we generally have the content decided months in advance of that when we outline it and assign it to authors. Suggestions and wish lists, thus, often come after much of a book's work has been done, but that doesn't mean that we couldn't make last-minute changes to get in a particularly vital idea. It's more likely, however, that we'd look to past product threads when outlining future projects in the same vein. There's a reason, after all, that fans generally start a Bestiary request thread long before the next volume in the line has been announced.

Mark's right.

Sometimes we find that, as a result of how the art and text flow, we need to add 500 words to a section at the last minute, in which case knowing everyone desperately wants star-halfling cyber-muffins is really useful. Other times we read these threads and think "If only the book hadn't;t already shipped to the printer."

usually we're somewhere between those two extremes.

But what can't change on a dime is things like how big a book is. When scheduling the workflow, we need start and end dates not just for writing, but development, editing, art and map orders, layout, and so on. And those dates can't be before the previous books are done, and cannot push back when alter things on the schedule happen 9and there's never just one book going through the pipeline).

So even if everyone agrees six months before a release date that it's be better if a book was 64 pages...

I really should check the pathfinder boards more often, missed this post for over a week. Thank you for the comprehensive reply Owen! :)

Reading between the lines here, and feel free to ignore this because I'm fishing shamelessly: Have there been any discussion on or plans to make larger Starfinder AP/rules books in the future...?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
doc chaos wrote:
I need vehicles! Land,sea,and air. Can I get bikes and skates and skateboards. Fine spaceships and more guns.
Ellias Aubec wrote:
Would be interesting to get formulas to generate armour/weapons/vehicles to make up the missing levels for things.

I'm hoping for the sum of these two. Really wanting to make a Ysoki that rides a medium sized hover bike but I have no idea how to upgrade the crummy Goblin Junkcycle at the moment as I level.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
BretI wrote:
Shaudius wrote:
BretI wrote:
It would also be interesting if they added some advanced melee weapons with the Operative property.
I doubt it will happen because of the damage curve with trick attack.

Operatives need to spend a feat to get advanced melee weapons.

Others are likely to be interested in Operative weapons and some of them (such as ranged Solarians) would have the proficiency and are likely to have a better Dex than Strength.

That plus I find it hard to believe in a world with Technomancers and such, you wouldn’t get someone making a plasma dagger or something like that. Once the blueprint is available, anyone with the UPBs and skill could craft one.

Well, there is the Inferno Knife, page 12 of Dead Suns volume 2. Not quite a plasma knife but halfway there and with the Operative tag. Since the blurb mentions its needless complexity yet it is still classified as basic melee, I could see a plasma knife being spec'd the same.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo.com / Product Discussion / Starfinder Armory All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Top Sellers
Starfinder Alien Archive
1. Starfinder Alien Archive
****( ) (based on 13 ratings)

Add Hardcover $39.99

Add PDF $9.99


2. Starfinder Pact Worlds
3. Starfinder Armory

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.