Starfinder Armory

Our Price: $39.99

Preorder expected

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Outfit yourself with only the best supplies for interstellar adventure with the hardcover Starfinder Armory! Within this directory of futuristic equipment, you'll find tons of adventuring gear for the Starfinder Roleplaying Game, from weapons, armor, and augmentations to technological items, magic items, vehicles, and more! Also included are new equipment-themed player options for every Starfinder character class! Starfinder Armory is a must-have companion volume to the Starfinder Core Rulebook. With this galactic inventory of inventive gadgets and gear, you'll always have exactly what you need to explore new worlds and wonders!

978-1-64078-041-5

Note: This product is part of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscription.

Product Availability

Preorder - Expected approximately .

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO7108


See Also:



Sign in to create or edit a product review.

51 to 93 of 93 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

I just picked up the third Dead Suns book and after seeing what lives on Eox...I need more guns please. SO MANY MORE GUNS!


I hope this book is very big to fill in the glaring gaps in weapons....armors...just about everything.


well item creation rules would be nice to have so finally community has something to bite other than rapid fire ship and monster generation


Jack Rift wrote:
Mechs? Or at least better power armor (and not ones that make players rediculous sizes.

It really needs to flesh out power armor. Right now there are a few examples to get gist of how it could work but not really enough to actually make a character designed around using it. Also battery efficiency of all but one of the core book power armors makes them unlikely that you would ever use them other than for special occasions.


Here's hoping to more special materials.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
kaid wrote:
Jack Rift wrote:
Mechs? Or at least better power armor (and not ones that make players rediculous sizes.
It really needs to flesh out power armor. Right now there are a few examples to get gist of how it could work but not really enough to actually make a character designed around using it. Also battery efficiency of all but one of the core book power armors makes them unlikely that you would ever use them other than for special occasions.

Honestly you could do a whole book on Power Armor alone. Im hoping to see a lot more expansion on things like this.


Count me as a power armor enthusiast, definitely want some more power armor.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 32

1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you can, are there plans for cursed or malfunctioning items in this book?

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
theheadkase wrote:
If you can, are there plans for cursed or malfunctioning items in this book?

Updating the "Timeworn" quality to Starfinder would be cool. That was you could have a 1859 year old plasma pistol that was found in the ruins on some forgotten alien sewer that made sense.

SM


count me in the power armors and mechs pile to


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well this will probably be cool. Personally I'm hoping for the following:

- More guns: This is a given. More weapon elements and more variations of the existing weapon lines if possible.

- More Melee Weapons: Particularly axes. Where's my crystal laser battleaxe?! The book art lied to me! =P

- More Armor: More normal armor, more powered armor (especially power armor,) and physical shields for boarding actions/CQC.

- More Equipment: What we have presently is serviceable but sparse. In particular we're missing some good "gee-wiz" gadgets.

- Formulas for making your own gadgets: I share the hope that this is a thing.

Sovereign Court

3 people marked this as a favorite.

I would like a more extended background description of how Starfinder technology works; what is possible, what isn't, how prevalent are specific technologies, what is their impact on society.

Even better would be a section on civilisation tech levels that allows us to construct new planets and societies and assign them a tech level, along with guidelines on which equipment is available at which tech level.

Extra credit for making it less than simply linear: like distinguishing civilisations that developed especially far in one direction or ignored some other branch of technology. San aquatic civilization might favour very different devices than one with a regular has atmosphere for example. And one focused on magical biotech might use far less metallic engineering.

The challenge really is to tie it to game mechanics in a practical way. I'm sure other games have tech levels, but how can we apply them to Starfinder equipment?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I'm really looking forward to more equipment! Love it! I really hope that there are some interesting new things to find beyond just missing stuff from the CRB.

We are missing some stuff like more power armor but, what I thing the game needs is more flavor and just toys to play with. The game feels like a skeleton, bare bone, it needs some meat.

Also I really hope that mechs are not going to show up in this book. I am so existed to pilot a gundam, also using piloting in no piloting would be nice. But it needs to be done well, I am hoping for this coming after a lot of thought and polishing. Mechs are not needed yet so please give it some time and get it right.

Not that I have any idea how to do that. I am just a whiny consumer asking for the stars....which is apt in a scifi game. :)

Grand Lodge

Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
What do you think the standard price for modern 160 page hardback RPG books is? to work that out, you can't look at other books of different sizes and try to extrapolate. Find other 160 page hardback full color RPG books printed this yea, and check their price.

It's normal for customers to compare similar products from the same company though. The PF Bestiaries are around 320 pages for the same price. ;-)

Anyways, looking forward to all the awesome hardcovers this year! They're looking to be the same good quality as SF Core and AA. :) Can't wait!!


MORE MECHAS!


Vidmaster7 wrote:
MORE MECHAS!

hold your cybuster mate. we need more toys for toy gods before we get our turn to akashic buster the akiton out of system


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

The more I play the more I see the holes in the current line up of gear. I really hope to see a LOT more variety of weapons within level ranges. Currently you have one maybe two choices tops within the various categories of weapons at any given level range and this really needs to be expanded upon

My second hope and most requested feature (by my players) is expanded weapon / equipment construction rules. Id love to see rules to customize weapons and build entirely new ones.

Expanded ammo types. Where is Armor piercing, Incendiary, Hallow-point etc?

Anyway just a wish list and a hope to see more of this in the future. really looking forward to the new book.


khadgar567 wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
MORE MECHAS!
hold your cybuster mate. we need more toys for toy gods before we get our turn to akashic buster the akiton out of system

More powered armor then?


space master7 wrote:
khadgar567 wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
MORE MECHAS!
hold your cybuster mate. we need more toys for toy gods before we get our turn to akashic buster the akiton out of system
More powered armor then?

we need more every think from guns to armor to powered diapers to mechs to more implants? we need to damn gear creation math so we can fix the rest of the setting


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Its actually not that hard to extrapolate what itl gear should be at I don't think. I'm interested in where this armory will take us But it wouldn't surprise me if armory books became a series like the bestiaries.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I only ask for one thing: portable personal shields. As Starfinder is based on Pathfinder, I am surprised that we have yet to see personal shields for either kinetic or energy damage. I know that shields aren’t a usual trope of sci-if outside of those used by vehicles or starships, but I really want to make a Soldier carrying an energy shield and charging a bunker, guns blazing!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Will this have treasure tables (which are much needed)?


Jack Rift wrote:
Mechs? Or at least better power armor (and not ones that make players rediculous sizes.

I have noticed the same thing. I for one REALLY! hope they introduce Mechs. The Flight Power Armor sit in a "Goldie Locks " zone that gives it the potential to be an armor that can participate in starship battle. OH I REALLY HOPE WE GET MECHS!


I hope there are bio-armored. I mean where's the "living breastplate " or "Guyver Unit". MORE SYMBIOTES. The options are limitless for those.


All this talk of Power Armor, why do we need so many Iron Men?

Also, although I know the book is finished, I am really hoping for a mutagenic ray gun or a laser that makes Fleshwarps/Rebuilt/Mutants/Drakainia-Spawn (sorry, that's the Dominion in me speaking...)


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
space master7 wrote:
khadgar567 wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
MORE MECHAS!
hold your cybuster mate. we need more toys for toy gods before we get our turn to akashic buster the akiton out of system
More powered armor then?

That is basically the same thing as asking for Mecha, if ya look closely at it :P

The present powered armor is basically everything for a strength increasing exo skeleton to a full mecha flight frame. We don't need new mecha or powered armor necessarily. What we need is a powered armor construction system like what we have for starships.... :P


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
AmbassadoroftheDominion wrote:

All this talk of Power Armor, why do we need so many Iron Men?

Also, although I know the book is finished, I am really hoping for a mutagenic ray gun or a laser that makes Fleshwarps/Rebuilt/Mutants/Drakainia-Spawn (sorry, that's the Dominion in me speaking...)

Pretty sure about half the people who play starfinder presently fantasized about mecha gameplay since before the core book came out. I know that I for one have. Especially after I saw the wondrous way they changed up starship creation in pact worlds! I mean, being able to have interceptors on your big ship? Thats like a sci-fi wet dream right there, especially if you add mechs.


Why would we want more iron men?

Have you seen Anthem trailer?


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Robert Petty wrote:
Ellias Aubec wrote:
Would be interesting to get formulas to generate armour/weapons/vehicles to make up the missing levels for things.
If there's one thing I have to have in a book like this is would be formula to create content that feel is missing.

I am opposed to this simply because it will make my extensive table calculating average damage/price of weapons a waste of time ;P


Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Big Lemon wrote:
Robert Petty wrote:
Ellias Aubec wrote:
Would be interesting to get formulas to generate armour/weapons/vehicles to make up the missing levels for things.
If there's one thing I have to have in a book like this is would be formula to create content that feel is missing.
I am opposed to this simply because it will make my extensive table calculating average damage/price of weapons a waste of time ;P

I'm seriously considering applying my newfound data analysis skills to the weapons chart to reverse-engineer the (supposed) formula for the weapons. It would be nice to have a double-check for whatever answer I get. :-)


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

Bah.. July can't come soon enough. However its going to make a sweet birthday present.


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kudaku wrote:
Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Kudaku wrote:
Reading between the lines here, and feel free to ignore this because I'm fishing shamelessly: Have there been any discussion on or plans to make larger Starfinder AP/rules books in the future...?

Many. And there will be more. We nearly have that conversation anew every time we schedule a new hardback. (Softbacks tend to be more standardized sizes, though we also periodically investigate if those make sense at their current size). Very little is done here without some thought (and often a meeting or two) going into it.

However looking at things and discussing them often can't overcome the factors that caused the original decision to get made, and there's no point in constantly declaring "We thought about changing something... but we're not going to," so many things look unconsidered and monolithic from the outside, despite us reviewing and reconsidering and analyzing on a regular basis.

Awesome! Even if you don't implement changes it's good to know that you're keeping your options in mind when looking at the publishing schedule ahead. :)

To throw in my $.02, I love Starfinder's increased focus on hardcovers over more frequent softcover material like the player companions. I feel confident that the material will be kept up to date with FAQs and erratas, and I don't feel as overwhelmed as I did when I initially tried to keep up with the Pathfinder publishing schedule and was bombarded by bi-weekly releases. However I really wouldn't mind seeing more pages added to the SF hardcovers. Alien Archives is a great book but it feels a little light, especially if you compare it to the first bestiary.

I'm also a little concerned that my groups seems to be going through Dead Suns books faster than they're being released. I've picked up the first book of Legendary Planet as a backup in case we run into a "gap month", but I'm less than thrilled with the idea of putting Dead Suns on hold - in my experience players tend to get excited...

I 100% agree with the AP release time. It is takes to long to release and the AP's are not long enough for groups that can play almost every weekend.


realized this is a MUST-HAVE, since Alien Archives name-drops specific weapons for alien races in the stat blocks, lol


Pathfinder Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
AmbassadoroftheDominion wrote:
realized this is a MUST-HAVE, since Alien Archives name-drops specific weapons for alien races in the stat blocks, lol

Luckily it would appear that some, not all, of that stuff shows up in Pact Worlds on the back pages.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

My hope is for more non-magical gear augments, specifically for weapons. Ex: Bayonets or scopes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sparrowhawk_92 wrote:
My hope is for more non-magical gear augments, specifically for weapons. Ex: Bayonets or scopes.

Absolutely this.

Also on my wishlist: Underbarrel grenade launchers, barrel mounted lights, smart bullets and variant ammo.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Black Dow wrote:
Sparrowhawk_92 wrote:
My hope is for more non-magical gear augments, specifically for weapons. Ex: Bayonets or scopes.

Absolutely this.

Also on my wishlist: Underbarrel grenade launchers, barrel mounted lights, smart bullets and variant ammo.

"I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher. Feel the weight"


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I am very excited for this upcoming book as it is much needed. However, I would be WAY more excited if I saw somewhere that Paizo is planning a full 160 page starship book which would include stats, text for each ship, and possible 2 page spread for important ship and possible floor plans when relevant.

Every space-themed RPG needs a starship book and I would be in heaven if that happened!! Paizo?


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ransal wrote:
Ahpook The Destroyer wrote:

I would really like to see a machine, maybe something for your ship, that can break gear back down into UPB's. Since money and UPB's are interchangeable, and literally everything except drugs are made from them, why not just make a device that converts them back? It would make it so a properly outfitted group would never have to worry about going back to town unless they want to.

Just a thought...

AtD

You can already break items down for their UPB (10%). The issue is that it doesn't say how or how long it takes to do so.

how? i know there's a way to scrap an item to use it as spare parts but i didn't see a way to convert it back to upbs. also it makes no sense for full price as upbs because upbs wouldn't be 100% the mass of the object,


Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
serithal wrote:
Ransal wrote:


You can already break items down for their UPB (10%). The issue is that it doesn't say how or how long it takes to do so.
how? i know there's a way to scrap an item to use it as spare parts but i didn't see a way to convert it back to upbs. also it makes no sense for full price as upbs because upbs wouldn't be 100% the mass of the object,

I don't think you can convert anything back to UPBs, I think the 10% rule is because when making similiar items there are similiar components that can be reused. Or at least that is how I understood it, don't have the book here ATM.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Abhremoch wrote:

I am very excited for this upcoming book as it is much needed. However, I would be WAY more excited if I saw somewhere that Paizo is planning a full 160 page starship book which would include stats, text for each ship, and possible 2 page spread for important ship and possible floor plans when relevant.

Every space-themed RPG needs a starship book and I would be in heaven if that happened!! Paizo?

I'd buy five copies, at least.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber
rixu wrote:
serithal wrote:
Ransal wrote:


You can already break items down for their UPB (10%). The issue is that it doesn't say how or how long it takes to do so.
how? i know there's a way to scrap an item to use it as spare parts but i didn't see a way to convert it back to upbs. also it makes no sense for full price as upbs because upbs wouldn't be 100% the mass of the object,
I don't think you can convert anything back to UPBs, I think the 10% rule is because when making similiar items there are similiar components that can be reused. Or at least that is how I understood it, don't have the book here ATM.

Yeah a few details are missing, I've had to house rule that settlements and star ships have a "De-materializer" that breaks an item down in the same time it would take to craft. It also looks like a dishwasher.

Also, I like the chaos in the cover image but I wish Altronus was not simply clenching empty fists with his other two arms. He's the only 4-armed pregen and this is the Armory!! FUSILLADE!!!


I'm REALLY psyched for this book! We really need more weapon variety to fill in the item level gaps!

Another thing I wonder though... I know the book is still a few months away, but something caught my attention: "equipment-themed player options". Does this mean we could potentially get special feats, themes, or archetypes that'd correlate to fighting styles?! As long as there aren't any crazy prerequistes, those would be so cool! I've always liked the concept of a weapon specialist! (And since I'm a Society Player with mnemonic editor in my back pocket for incorporating all the cool Pact Worlds stuff, it'd be awesome to know whether I should hold out for this book's release so I can edit those things in too. XD)

EDIT: It'd also be awesome to see operative weapons and small arms getting more love. Blaster pistols especially are really iconic for so many character concepts! (Not entirely sure how to let them shine without completely rendering two-handed rifles obsolete, but I'm sure something could be arranged! Trick shots maybe?)

51 to 93 of 93 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Starfinder Armory All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.