Pathfinder Map Pack: Frozen Sites

Pathfinder Map Pack: Frozen Sites

Add Print Edition $14.99

Add PDF $10.49

Facebook Twitter Email

Watch Your Step!

Whether your player characters are hiking at the top of the world or exploring a remote glacier, impatient players don't want to wait for the Game Master to draw the location of the next exciting encounter. This Pathfinder Map Pack provides beautifully illustrated 5" × 8" map tiles that can be used when you need to spring the next yeti attack. Inside, you'll find 18 richly crafted map tiles, with features like:

  • Avalanche
  • Frozen Lakeshore
  • Ice Cave
  • Icy Crevasse
  • Igloo
  • Snow-Covered Forest

Game Masters should always be prepared whenever characters decide to venture into frigid dangers. With Pathfinder Map Pack: Frozen Sites, you'll be ready to take your players into a harsh landscape filled with rime-covered dangers!

ISBN-13: 978-1-64078-001-9

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Maps Subscription.

Additional Product Images


(click to enlarge)
Pathfinder Map Pack: Frozen Sites Pathfinder Map Pack: Frozen Sites Pathfinder Map Pack: Frozen Sites Pathfinder Map Pack: Frozen Sites
Pathfinder Map Pack: Frozen Sites

Product Availability

Print Edition: Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 7 business days.

PDF: Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO4071


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Paizo Employee Community & Digital Content Director

Announced for December! Image and description are provisional and subject to change prior to release.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Oooo...


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Aaah...

Sovereign Court

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Cool. Just please, oh please, play nice with the old ice tunnels set.

Paizo Employee Designer

Mosaic wrote:
Cool. Just please, oh please, play nice with the old ice tunnels set.

A small part does. This set is more above-ground frozen sites.


Jason Engle's maps are always great. I'm excited.

Paizo Employee Community & Digital Content Director

Updated with final description, product image, and sample images!

Contributor

Oh god, my butt aches from all of the Acrobatics checks that Compton is going to make us roll with this map pack. TT_TT


These look really great. What I always find challenging about the map packs though is how to set up these 'feature' terrain tiles into a coherent battle map without generic terrain tiles to go with them to use to place around these feature tiles. In this pack the generic tiles would simply be white snow tiles. Anyone else have this problem?

Dark Archive

edxerox wrote:
These look really great. What I always find challenging about the map packs though is how to set up these 'feature' terrain tiles into a coherent battle map without generic terrain tiles to go with them to use to place around these feature tiles. In this pack the generic tiles would simply be white snow tiles. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, you are not alone with that.

In this special case these maps could work as underlying "background":
Winter Forest
Mountain Pass.
These two are the only flip-mats which have "ice terrain" and one is long sold out.

There are other map-packs which work better by themselves or with another map pack, but some, like Desert Sites, have the same problem.

An okay stand-in for both desert & ice is this:
Basic, even if the colors are not exactly matching, they are close enough. ;-)


Pathfinder Maps Subscriber
Marco Massoudi wrote:
edxerox wrote:
These look really great. What I always find challenging about the map packs though is how to set up these 'feature' terrain tiles into a coherent battle map without generic terrain tiles to go with them to use to place around these feature tiles. In this pack the generic tiles would simply be white snow tiles. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, you are not alone with that.

In this special case these maps could work as underlying "background":
Winter Forest
Mountain Pass.
These two are the only flip-mats which have "ice terrain" and one is long sold out.

There are other map-packs which work better by themselves or with another map pack, but some, like Desert Sites, have the same problem.

An okay stand-in for both desert & ice is this:
Basic, even if the colors are not exactly matching, they are close enough. ;-)

Exactly the very same problem here. These tiles are useless to me without a proper background. We have talked about this for long here but looks like paizo don’t care about.

These sets, like desert sites makes me think about unsubscribing from the maps.
River system and road system at least have the terrain flipmat as a background, although unfortunately the green color doesn’t match...too bad


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I thought it might be an issue for other folks. Thanks for the tips, I'll have a look out for Mountain Pass and probably get Winter Forest.

Paizo could do generic terrain tile sets with say 9 snow, 9 desert, then a sequel with 9 fields (a massive bugbear of mine) and 9 moorland. I have a big problem with moors. In the north of England I am surrounded by them. Consequently a quarter of my home brew setting is moors. Bad and interesting things happen on moors. Yet there are no moorland tiles or maps anywhere ever! So I'm going to lobby for a moors set. With heather, an old ruined farmhouse, a tarn (lake), a ruined tower, areas of peat digging, a large gnarled old tree, the bones of a dead stag or giant elk, and so on.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Map Pack: Frozen Sites All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.