Weekly Wonder—Archetypes of War, Volume VI: Siege Warfare (PFRPG) PDF
Necromancers of the Northwest
And The Walls Come Tumbling Down
There is battle, and then there is warfare. Many adventurers are familiar with wading into combat against monsters and small groups of enemies, but this is nothing next to the glory and chaos and carnage that is true war. More than simply a change in scale, the difference between war and other combat can be profound. In a war, the characters are part of something larger than themselves, contributing to the efforts of their armies, or perhaps leading those armies themselves. The priorities of a soldier are different from those of an adventurer, and often the challenges that they face are, as well. While many characters can translate their talents as adventurers to the battlefield, one who specifically focuses on warfare and battlefield tactics will have the edge on others when it comes to true war. Each installment of Weekly Wonders: Archetypes of War provides six new war-themed archetypes for a variety of classes.
For this book, we focus on siege warfare, and especially on tactics employed to break through sieges and defensive barriers. Whether it is breaking through walls and doors with brute strength, or using magic to make them twist and melt away, the characters in this book laugh at the obstacles laid to block their paths. This book contains the following archetypes:
• The sapper, an alchemist archetype specializing in using bombs for demolition purposes, including explosive mines and bombs that can collapse fortifications.
• The juggernaut, a barbarian archetype that is all but unstoppable in battle and can even crash through solid walls.
• The behemoth trainer, a hunter archetype whose animal companion grows to incredible size, and is perfect for smashing through buildings.
• The land channeler, a medium archetype that invokes the spirit of the land, turning it against his enemies as stone erodes, wood warps and twists, and the very terrain itself conspires on his behalf.
• The war mage, a wizard archetype that specializes in creating and destroying fortifications.
• A bonus archetype for the warder, from Path of War by Dreamscarred Press, the valiant defender serves as a rallying point for his allies, bolstering those nearby.
Whether you're about to embark on a campaign of military exploits (such as the official Paizo adventure path dealing with invading forces), or you just want to play a more military character, this book has lots of tantalizing options to offer. Even GMs can get in on the fun, as several of the archetypes here are perfect for militarily-inclined NPCs as well, and can make for exciting and memorable encounters.
Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.
Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product Reviews (0)
Witch Cackle and Evil Eye,
I'd like some trip optimization help,
Advice how to play a Diviner,
Gaining more HP? Low HP problems.,
Natural attacks and BAB (again....),
Darkness spell and usage,
Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.