Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Battles—Crown of Fangs

***½( ) (based on 3 ratings)
WZK72802

Add Brick $127.92 $115.13

Add Booster $15.99

Case Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Featuring friends and foes from the world of Golarion, Crown of Fangs introduces 50 unique figures for your Pathfinder Battles miniatures campaign. From fearsome skeletons, Red Mantis Assassins, and Grey Maidens, to monstrous giants and rare "dungeon dressing" inserts, Crown of Fangs provides a legion of high-utility monsters and heroes perfect for use with the new Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path hardcover or any fantasy roleplaying campaign.

Pathfinder Battles: Crown of Fangs miniatures come in three product configurations:

  • Four-figure boosters each containing 1 Large figure and 3 Medium or Small figures
  • Bricks containing 8 boosters (32 figures total)
  • Cases containing 4 bricks (128 figures total)

Purchasers should get no to very few duplicate figures in a brick. Buyers who purchase factory-sealed cases should get a nearly complete set of figures. (As with any randomized product, collation is not guaranteed.)

Note: Customers may order 1 Court of the Crimson Throne case incentive for every case of Crown of Fangs Standard Boosters purchased.

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Battles Case Subscription.

Product Availability

Brick, Booster: Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 7 business days.

Case: Unavailable

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

WZK72802


See Also:

Product Discussion (30)
Dark Archive

This could seriously use an update.
If i wouldn´t be such a minis hound, i would be wondering what was in this set. ;-)

Here is a link to the gallery:

Pathfinderminis.com

Sovereign Court

Any ideas when they will start shipping??


Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Corax "the honest thief" wrote:
Any ideas when they will start shipping??

They should go out with this month's subscription shipments per this thread.

Dark Archive

I got my billing notification yesterday, so I would expect the cases will ship today?

I'm not actually sure how many cases Paizo ships in a single day, and I have no idea how many subscribe to the cases.

Those would be pretty interesting metrics, though.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Check the thread David knott 242 linked:

Quote:
  • Begin Shipping Estimate: Monday, May 15th
  • End Shipping Estimate: Friday, May 26th
  • Shipping takes place over a period of two weeks, and there is generally no way of knowing if you'll be at the beginning or the end of the queue; however, Paizo has said they will prioritize Battles Case subscribers, so minis should ship next week.


    Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

    The main reason that they prioritize the Battles Case subscribers is that they want to ensure that you have your cases by the street date of May 31st, when they plan to make individual minis available for sale. Obviously, those of you who shelled out for the case subscription don't want to miss out on the chance to pick up whatever individual minis are missing from the case you just had delivered to you, as those individual minis tend to sell out quickly.

    Dark Archive

    David knott 242 wrote:

    The main reason that they prioritize the Battles Case subscribers is that they want to ensure that you have your cases by the street date of May 31st, when they plan to make individual minis available for sale. Obviously, those of you who shelled out for the case subscription don't want to miss out on the chance to pick up whatever individual minis are missing from the case you just had delivered to you, as those individual minis tend to sell out quickly.

    Unfortunately the street date is may 17th.

    That´s when the singles will be online from Paizo too.

    Most subscribers won´t have their bricks/cases yet (some lucky ones might) when that is the case.

    I got my case from my local store in germany YESTERDAY, but that´s just dumb luck, as i normally have to wait 3 weeks after US release.

    If you have any questions regarding the minis, ask me here or per private message. :-)


    Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
    Marco Massoudi wrote:
    David knott 242 wrote:

    The main reason that they prioritize the Battles Case subscribers is that they want to ensure that you have your cases by the street date of May 31st, when they plan to make individual minis available for sale. Obviously, those of you who shelled out for the case subscription don't want to miss out on the chance to pick up whatever individual minis are missing from the case you just had delivered to you, as those individual minis tend to sell out quickly.

    Unfortunately the street date is may 17th.

    That´s when the singles will be online from Paizo too.

    What is your source for this?

    Dark Archive

    David knott 242 wrote:
    Marco Massoudi wrote:
    David knott 242 wrote:

    The main reason that they prioritize the Battles Case subscribers is that they want to ensure that you have your cases by the street date of May 31st, when they plan to make individual minis available for sale. Obviously, those of you who shelled out for the case subscription don't want to miss out on the chance to pick up whatever individual minis are missing from the case you just had delivered to you, as those individual minis tend to sell out quickly.

    Unfortunately the street date is may 17th.

    That´s when the singles will be online from Paizo too.

    What is your source for this?

    Try your own link from six posts above and read post #12 (the 3rd from Sharaya). ;-)


    Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

    Somehow I missed that. Now I see what you are upset about.

    In that case, I hope they keep guaranteed availability of the singles going long enough to ensure that subscribers can be sure of filling in the gaps in their cases.

    Grand Lodge

    Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Subscriber

    FYI: I received a shipping notice on my case. So, things are moving.

    -Skeld

    Sovereign Court

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

    Same here.

    Silver Crusade

    Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

    So, the previews thusfar have had 51 minis (assuming the Court is all under a single "number"), but this entry mentions 52 minis. Is there a surprise in our future?

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

    My local shop just called and said my boxes are here! I know what im doing after work!

    Dark Archive

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    CanisDirus wrote:
    So, the previews thusfar have had 51 minis (assuming the Court is all under a single "number"), but this entry mentions 52 minis. Is there a surprise in our future?

    #1 (Dog) through #44 (Grey Maiden Dragon Rider) are creatures, plus 6 Dungeon Dressings for a total of 49 different minis in the blind boosters.

    The Incentive has #50, #51 & #52: Dr. Davaulus, Glorio Arkona & Gnome Executioner.

    Silver Crusade

    Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

    Ah ha - that makes much more sense now. Thank you very much, Marco!


    Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

    Finally got my case. Didn't get full set. Missing one large uncommon and one medium rare. Will post some reviews later.

    Grand Lodge

    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

    Unpacked and sorted my case. A few observations.
    First, a tiny weapons rack (no weapons) or a pedestal shouldn't count toward four pieces per box.
    Second, for the love of all that is good and holy can we have a set come out that DOES NOT include spiders? I have more spiders in my mini boxes than any other creature.
    Third, I had several pieces that were broken in box and one that is completely missing pieces (the Red Mantis Assassin missing an arm and a sword).
    Finally, for what it's worth, the boy and girl mini not very excited about having three of each of those. But them's the breaks when you buy a case.
    Overall a decent set. The best part for me was several Luekodaemons, had just used these against the party two weeks prior. Now if there was a Piscodaemon to complete the night.

    Dark Archive

    Duncan7291 wrote:
    Finally got my case. Didn't get full set. Missing one large uncommon and one medium rare. Will post some reviews later.

    A lot of people didn´t get a full set it seems, me included.

    I don´t have the "Grey Maiden Dragon Rider", "Shadowcount Sial" and "Cinnabar". And i only had one "Horned Devil".
    But i can live with that. ;-)


    Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

    I got a full set in mine, just to add another data point. Two minis came out detached from their base (one giant scorpion and one of the common skeletons).

    Dark Archive

    skizzerz wrote:
    I got a full set in mine, just to add another data point. Two minis came out detached from their base (one giant scorpion and one of the common skeletons).

    At least four people on plasticrypt don't have a full set, despite having received a sealed case. :-(

    Sczarni

    Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

    I got exactly one of each rare no duplicates ar all. Going to make selling what I don't want to offset the cost a lot harder

    Shadow Lodge

    Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

    No reclamation cavalry or gray maiden archers in my case. Plenty of horned demons, dogs and red mantis though.


    Hm... am I the only one who noticed the Rakshasa thumbs? Are they supposed to be backwards? It is that way in both the 3d model and the actual model :D


    Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

    Yep, Rakshasa are supposed to have some feature of theirs be backwards. In game I think thumbs was the right thing, but in literature I more often see hands being backwards.


    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber

    So, I tried to write a review but I was thwarted, so here are my observations in brief:

    (1) I got a full set, except for the 3 that are listed as "unique" (which I assume came with some promotion): Gnome Executioner, Doctor Davalus, Glorio.

    (2) All the figures were intact, and only Trinia Sabor suffered any bending.

    (3) I was sorely disappointed at the sheer number of "generic" figures that came in this particular AP box:
    - In Rise of the Runelords, 2 of the 65 figures were non-AP
    - In Wrath of the Righteous and Skull & Shackles it was 3 of 55
    - In Crown of Fangs we're down to 47 figures (+6 pieces of furniture), 10 of which are non-AP (and arguably 4 of the 6 bits of furniture)
    That's just too high of a percentage of non-AP figures for my tastes, especially when we're missing Laori, Asyra, Akram, and any number of really cool unique figures we could have had (Lady Andaisin, Togomor, Sermignatto).

    If I want non-AP figures, I'll buy non-AP boxes. If I'm going to spend $400 on an AP-specific case, I'd like it to be AP-specific.

    And here's my distribution, if anyone is interested:

    1 Dog 5
    2 Dream Spider 3
    3 Giant Spider 4
    4 Geist 4
    5 Emperor’s Thug 5
    6 Reclamation Infantry 3
    7 Reclamation Squire 4
    8 Halfling Rogue 3
    9 Fungal Guardian 3
    10 Halfling Archer 5
    11 Gray Maiden Guard 4
    12 Skeleton Infantry 4
    13 Skeleton Spearman 4
    14 Boy 3
    15 Girl 2
    16 Cabbagehead 4
    17 Banshee 3
    18 Wereboar 3
    19 Skeleton Champion 3
    20 Red Mantis Assassin 3
    21 Red Mantis Assassin 3
    22 Reclamation Knight 3
    23 Gray Maiden Captain 3
    24 Gray Maiden Archer 2
    25 Giant Scorpion 2
    26 Death 4
    27 Issaya 4
    28 Monstrous Skeleton 3
    29 Red Reaver 3
    30 Leukodaemon 3
    31 Bone Devil 3
    32 Horned Devil 3
    33 Raksasha 1
    34 Ury Sevenskulls 1
    35 Trinia Sabor 1
    36 Cinnabar 1
    37 Shadowcount Sial 1
    38 Jolistina Suspero 1
    39 The Emperor 1
    40 Queen Ileosa 1
    41 Reclamation Cavalry 1
    42 Reclamation Sky 1
    43 Skeleton Cavalry 1
    44 Grey Maiden Dragon 1
    45 Gnome Executioner 0
    46 Doctor Davaulus 0
    47 Glorio 0
    Totem 1
    Stocks 2
    Lectern 2
    Grave Monument 1
    Rectangle Table 1
    Well 1

    And yeah, that was another pet peeve -- even though my distribution of large minis was "fair", what the heck am I going to do with 4 Deaths? Or 4 Assayas? I'd have loved a smaller number of a wider variety of large figures. Though I do love the devils.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

    This isn't an AP specific case; Paizo/WizKids aren't doing those anymore because they don't sell as well (there's a staff post to that effect iirc, but I'm on mobile so I can't dig it up). It is themed heavily around CotCT, sure, but contains figures usable generally. Hence the name "Crown of Fangs" instead of re-using the name of the AP (as all previous AP-specific sets did).

    I believe those 3 figures you mention are found in the case incentive.


    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
    skizzerz wrote:

    This isn't an AP specific case; Paizo/WizKids aren't doing those anymore because they don't sell as well (there's a staff post to that effect iirc, but I'm on mobile so I can't dig it up). It is themed heavily around CotCT, sure, but contains figures usable generally. Hence the name "Crown of Fangs" instead of re-using the name of the AP (as all previous AP-specific sets did).

    I believe those 3 figures you mention are found in the case incentive.

    Ah, thanks for clarifying -- I was wondering why it was called "Crown of Fangs" and not "Curse of the Crimson Throne".

    But great... that means I'm going to have to save up to get Shattered Star and Reign of Winter before they're discontinued.

    Ouch! That's a lot of moolah!

    But yeah, I'm an addict. I'll figure it out... eventually...


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

    Found the post I was thinking of -- wasn't quite as dire as I stated in my post (in that it was NOT stated that AP-specific sets are completely off the table, just that generic ones sell better than AP-specific ones)


    Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
    skizzerz wrote:
    Found the post I was thinking of -- wasn't quite as dire as I stated in my post (in that it was NOT stated that AP-specific sets are completely off the table, just that generic ones sell better than AP-specific ones)

    Thanks for following up! The moths were getting worried that I was going to crack open my wallet for minis again...

    Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo.com / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Battles—Crown of Fangs All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    Paizo.com Gift Certificates
    On Sale and Clearance!

    Top Sellers

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.