Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Player's Guide to the Dragon Empire (PFRPG) PDF

***** (based on 4 ratings)

Our Price: $4.99

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Scales, claws, and elemental dragon magic, from the coin swarm to the wyvern's sting! A collection of feats, spells, and exotic animals and dragon magic for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game!

The Dragon Empire region is the exotic land of a conquering Sultana, a land of elemental gods and unstoppable legions. Learn the secrets of this The Player's Guide to the Dragon Empire has new options for those who seek adventure and fortune in this exciting realm!

This 30-page collection of materials provides players with a regional overview, plus a wide range of new powers and options for any Pathfinder RPG campaign, including:

  • New archetypes and prestige class options for Monks, Magus, and Rogues as well as Fighters and Druids, such as Elemental Exarchs, Dragon Magus, and Monk of he Fiery Fist or Wind Palm
  • Exotic animals from axebeaks to baboon and far beyond
  • 4 Magic Rugs and Carpets from the bazaar, with full magic item and construction writeups
  • 17 new spells for elementalists and dragons
  • 25 new feats and dozens of regional traits
  • Advice for playing drakes or dragonkin as PCs
  • An overview of the region, its titles, and heraldic devices—and the harem assassins!

Pick up your copy of the Player's Guide to the Dragon Empire today, and behold its thousand wonders!

Product Availability


Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

OPDPG2E


See Also:

Product Discussion (73)
1 to 50 of 73 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ah ha! It IS available here ;)


w00t!

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Quarterly

Yep, and as with the Pirates book, this one also has an Art Preview.

Here's the link to see some of the new art in the Dragon Empire book!


I love this guide, my character is Lizardfolk that draws on from kobolds/other draconic creatures. I was going to see if he could become a half-dragon, but because of the feats from the guide..that is no longer needed. However I did notice a few things in here that made me puzzled.

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Quarterly

Glad you like it! This is definitely meant to be a helpful Player's Guide for the Qadiran-type characters, as well as for kobolds and lizardfolk and PC drakes (from Book of Drakes).

The designer is Adam Roy, and I'm pretty sure he'll show to answer specific questions, either here or in the Kobold forums.


Perfect thanks for the quick response Wolfgang, I hope you make more great beautiful content like this(it's getting me back into homebrewing). Btw I noticed there is mention of Centaur race in Midgard, did the guys behind kobold press/open design make a stated out centaur race or would it be assumed to use the playing monster rules/ make my own version of a medium centaur....or should I ask Adam about that too?


Teiidae wrote:
Perfect thanks for the quick response Wolfgang, I hope you make more great beautiful content like this(it's getting me back into homebrewing). Btw I noticed there is mention of Centaur race in Midgard, did the guys behind kobold press/open design make a stated out centaur race or would it be assumed to use the playing monster rules/ make my own version of a medium centaur....or should I ask Adam about that too?

I asked that once, and got a maybe for them and Gnolls.


Well I might just make a base centaur kinda like the lamia, then make feats that support them like: Increase size, a galloping trample/spring attack,etc.

As for the Gnolls, I would love that, Gnolls and kobolds needed a boost(mostly kobolds). I love me my gnolls and other beast races in general.

in my Homebrew world I have an area based on ancient Greece, so you will be expected to find minotaurs,titans, harpies, griffons, cyclopes ,medusas and etc. Funny thing, school got me into homebrewing, it all started when I took western Civ, i was writing down notes on greece and persia just thinking to myself this is gold. Now I am taking Russian history, so there will be hordes of Mongol esque Orcs or hobgoblins. Plus Midgard has a some Slavic stuff if I am not mistaken.

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Quarterly

Yep, there's quite a bit of Slavic influence in Midgard, from gods like Perun and Yarila to the various eastern kingdoms, to the gypsies and the Master of Demon Mountain.

Well, and Baba Yaga and her daughters, of course.


How could I forget old bat Baba.


I just want to know more about this.... Dragon Magus


havoc xiii wrote:
I just want to know more about this.... Dragon Magus

Deals with the elements... acid, cold, fire, electricity... strikes, rays, blasts...


I wonder if we're going to see some minotaur action soon..*wink wink


1 person marked this as a favorite.

There is some major "minotaur action" in the Midgard Campaign Setting book, with some minor Gnoll and Centaur action...see KP's "Kobold Ecologies" for Wolfgang's take on Centaurs, and gnolls will be getting their due very soon, if my Wolfgang blackmail scheme (involving photos and videos of the Midgard Launch Afterparty...) comes to fruition....

This book focuses on the traits, feats, spells, magic items, trade goods, archetypes and prestige classes of the Dragon Empire.

The playable PC race that is featured is the Dragonkin (who, like your avatar, Teiidae, are impressive and dangerous at the same time). They are a unique truebreeding hybrid race of dragons/drakes and men, a product of the Empire's founding. They make excellent warriors, sorcerers and oracles.

Kobolds get their due in the Campaign Setting, as well as the Crossroad's Players Guide, co-written by the talented Christina Stiles and Your Humble Author. (All the really icky, gory stuff is mine) **flashes fangs***


@Teiidae, what "puzzled" you about the book? Maybe I can clear up any confusion?...there are a couple of minor typos, and one major rules gaffe I somehow managed to get past Sigfried and Miranda...let me know what puzzles you and I will post back right away...Wolfgang keeps us chained to our magic laptops 'til he gets his 3K daily wordcount, down here in the Kobold Text Mines, anyway.... ;-)

Andoran

Nice reviews mead and Oceanshieldwolf!

Adam did a really great job on this bad boy! :)


@adam- some of the traits and a few other little things had a bit of vague writing, it's nothing too bad..but i am in class right now so i will PM you tonight.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Btw...keep of the great Work guys..i will always use your material.


*keep up


yeah Adam..i just misread,sorry guys..I hope wolfgang didn't pull your chain too hard. So top notch work guys!

Andoran

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Wolfgang is a merciful and benevolent kobold overlord ... Wolfgang is a merciful and benevolent kobold overlord ...Wolfgang is a merciful and benevolent kobold overlord ...Wolfgang is a merciful and benevolent kobold overlord ...Wolfgang is a merciful and benevolent kobold overlord ...Wolfgang is a merciful and benevolent kobold overlord ...


@Teiidae - just email me at midgardmongo@gmail.com if you have any other questions. Glad you like it!

And just for the record, it is the graphic design by Marc Radle and the art by Guido Kuip, Lucas Haley, Marc Radle & Russ Nicholson that took this book from good to awesome...thanks for making me look good guys....!

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Quarterly

Thank you for the review Oceanshieldwolf, and congrats on two strong recommendation, Adam!

And yes, I have to agree that a strong set of art and a good layout never hurts. But you know, it's gotta have a fun setting and great crunch to build that visual spectacle on.


Adam, let's start with bravo on the humility and remembering to give credit to those who make the books look pretty, but Wolfgang is right, without solid design all the pretty layout and art in the world will not make a good book. It all starts with the design, which you did a great job with here.

Oh, and review's up finally, lol.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Cards Subscriber

Will this be available in print?

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Quarterly

Good question, but this is a PDF-only release.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Thanks @KTFish7 for the great and detailed review - as far as your half point deduction goes - The Kobold King already has me hard at work on fixing that oversight...keep a scaly eye posted on the Kobold Press Forums page....

Qadira

Just put this question on the main site last night so you can ignore that one if you'd like. However, I do need an answer to this particular question.

Where am I supposed to look for the prices on the equipment/draconic gear? Namely the claw, fang, and tail razors.


Adam W. Roy wrote:
Thanks @KTFish7 for the great and detailed review - as far as your half point deduction goes - The Kobold King already has me hard at work on fixing that oversight...keep a scaly eye posted on the Kobold Press Forums page....

Thrilled to see there is a fix in the works Adam, and will be keeping my eye out for it.

Contributor

kevin_video wrote:

Just put this question on the main site last night so you can ignore that one if you'd like. However, I do need an answer to this particular question.

Where am I supposed to look for the prices on the equipment/draconic gear? Namely the claw, fang, and tail razors.

Book of Drakes

Qadira

ChristinaStiles wrote:
kevin_video wrote:

Just put this question on the main site last night so you can ignore that one if you'd like. However, I do need an answer to this particular question.

Where am I supposed to look for the prices on the equipment/draconic gear? Namely the claw, fang, and tail razors.

Book of Drakes

Thank you. And I do have that book too so that'll make things even easier.


Ah, hadn't thought to check other sources for equipment prices...Thanks Christina.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Nice review, KTFish7, totally missed you had covered this one. Oo
These are also on my list, along the massive campaign setting. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

pricing and damage for steel caps and tips are in the Book of Drakes (also available at KoboldPress.com store, and a great companion book to this one - Adam Daigle and Mike Welham at their best), the prices for the mithral and adamantium razors and caps are in the list I just sent to Wolfgang and Miranda - look for it on the KoboldPress.com forums shortly, pending the approval of the Kobold King and the Queen of the Interweb Pits... ;-)

Paizo Employee Webstore Gninja Minion

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Book of Drakes is also available here. :D

Qadira

Adam W. Roy wrote:
pricing and damage for steel caps and tips are in the Book of Drakes (also available at KoboldPress.com store, and a great companion book to this one - Adam Daigle and Mike Welham at their best), the prices for the mithral and adamantium razors and caps are in the list I just sent to Wolfgang and Miranda - look for it on the KoboldPress.com forums shortly, pending the approval of the Kobold King and the Queen of the Interweb Pits... ;-)

I shall definitely be doing that.


Gninja'd! Thanks for the reminder, Liz!

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press, RPG Superstar Judge

Exotic trade goods now have pricing details on the Kobold blog!

That information will likely be rolled into a table and added to this PDF .... soon.

Qadira

Wolfgang Baur wrote:

Exotic trade goods now have pricing details on the Kobold blog!

That information will likely be rolled into a table and added to this PDF .... soon.

When it says "Price as per the PFCR", does that stand for Pathfinder Core Rulebook?

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

Yes, it does. Probably should have been edited to spell that out.

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Congrats to Adam Roy, this book is the #1 bestselling download at Paizo this week! Or at any rate, the topseller not published by Paizo itself.

Not shabby at all. Also, to celebrate, the PDF is getting an extra page added, with all the pricing details for the Exotic Goods & Animals.


WooHoo...More stuff!

Contributor

Wolfgang Baur wrote:

Congrats to Adam Roy, this book is the #1 bestselling download at Paizo this week! Or at any rate, the topseller not published by Paizo itself.

Not shabby at all. Also, to celebrate, the PDF is getting an extra page added, with all the pricing details for the Exotic Goods & Animals.

Congrats to Adam! I'm glad to see the Midgard pdfs getting a lot of love. :)

Taldor Contributor

Now I remember why the kobold on the ostrich looks so familiar... Dragonewts (from Runequest/Glorantha)!

Speaking of which, I am trying to figure out how well my homebrew India fits off the map in Midgard...

Does the map get expanded at all towards Khandaria (sp?) in this project?


I'm enjoying the Midgard books quite a lot, even started a Midgard campaign a few weeks ago. :)

One of my players made a Dragonkin sorceress, and she asked me how long is the lifespan of Dragonkin. Did we just miss it, or is there no info about that in this book or in the campaign setting book? Thanks for help in advance. :)

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

Jeff Erwin wrote:
Does the map get expanded at all towards Khandaria (sp?) in this project?

Nope, this is a Player's Guide, so the emphasis is on an overview for players, new spells, feats, and gear and other player-centric elements. The map does not get extended toward Khandiria in this one.

Saltfish wrote:
One of my players made a Dragonkin sorceress, and she asked me how long is the lifespan of Dragonkin. Did we just miss it, or is there no info about that in this book or in the campaign setting book?

There's no information about that in this book or the campaign setting book. You might default to the lizardman numbers for now, or you might work with human numbers. Dragonkin that transform into drakes and dragons are another story, of course.


Hmm i just had a thought...would it be insane to combine the effects of Claw razors and claws caps from book of drakes, and how much would it cost?


Teiidae wrote:
Hmm i just had a thought...would it be insane to combine the effects of Claw razors and claws caps from book of drakes, and how much would it cost?

Hmmmm...interesting question. If you decide as a DM that the claw razors grant a primary claw attack, then the claw razors would also grant the benefit of the claw caps....


#1 Non-Paizo Download here at Paizo.com! Thanks for the support! The more you buy, the more Wolfgang lets me write....!


Thanks for responding Adam. I cant wait till the next players guide.

1 to 50 of 73 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Player's Guide to the Dragon Empire (PFRPG) PDF All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Top Sellers
OPDPG2E
1. Player's Guide to the Dragon Empire (PFRPG) PDF
***** (based on 4 ratings)

Our Price: $4.99

Add to Cart

2. Player's Guide to the Rothenian Plains (PFRPG) PDF

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.