Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shadow Planes & Pocket Worlds: A Dark Roads and Golden Hells Supplement (PFRPG) PDF

***** (based on 1 rating)

Our Price: $2.99

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Infinity Just Got Bigger!

This 25-page supplement for Dark Roads & Golden Hells provides one exotic plane of horror, plus dozens of wondrous items, planar hazards, and 6 clever afflications, and a section on Gamemastering Infinity. It includes:

  • Mora, the Children's Table, a plane of truly disturbing horror
  • 17 magic items from dead man's eyes to the Egg of Worlds, liquid miracle, and soul lamp
  • 15 new planar hazards including non-Euclidean angles, waters of Acheron, tesseracting terrain and liminal slime, among many others
  • 7 drugs and poisons from amrit to dream spittle, and from Lethean Ale to angel's tears
  • Three new monstrous, including Arachne and Cicerone the Upfallen
  • A short-short story of the Plane of Rusty Gears, a mechanical plane with a twist
Pick up your copy of Shadow Planes & Pocket Worlds! today, and expand your infinite horizons!

Product Availability


Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

OPDSPPWE


See Also:

Product Discussion (13)
Paizo Employee Webstore Gninja Minion

Now available!

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Sounds like a nice little add on.

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

It really, really is. There just wasn't room to put everything in the print book, so the editor was faced with some tough choices about cuts.

It really says something about the talent of the designers that the editor said "I don't really recommend cutting anything, but if we have to.... Here's what I'd recommend."

I like the magical items and the planar diseases quite a bit.


Adn reviewed here, on DTRPG, posted about it on RPGaggression and sent to GMS magazine. Cheers!


The brief description of Mora by End makes this sound like one of the creepiest places for kids I've heard of in a long time. Like My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic as run by Pennywise the Clown.

Heck, I'll probably get this just for that, as I've long loved dark fairy tale type places.


Eric, from what I can recall of your different posts, I think you will definitely enjoy this one!


Endzeitgeist wrote:
Eric, from what I can recall of your different posts, I think you will definitely enjoy this one!

I have to agree, I just read it and it's very well done (though really, someone quit over Mora? Why? It doesn't strike me as all that horrific.)

Also, just one question for now. The price listed for the Angel Mask (and it's one of the best magic items I've read about in a long time --- the materialized guilt felt by a celestial at using a mortal form to lie to people? Brilliant!) seems a bit high at 30,000 GP for something that basically works as a continuous one-form version of Alter Self. Or was that price a typo?

Or is it more a case of the things being so very rare that people would pay more than normal for them simply because, how often do you find physical evidence of the stain on an angel's soul?

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

RE: Mora, I think the use of children in fantasy is sort of a minefield. At the TSR periodicals, there was a total ban on children as victims for this reason. Yes, it can be well done. Yes, it is common in fantasy literature. But clearly, it really upsets people sometimes. I suspect that was the trigger in this case, though it is only a suspicion.

That price... Seems really high, though a permanent item is always pricey. I'll ping the editor and designer on it, see if they visit this thread about it.


Wolfgang Baur wrote:
RE: Mora, I think the use of children in fantasy is sort of a minefield. At the TSR periodicals, there was a total ban on children as victims for this reason. Yes, it can be well done. Yes, it is common in fantasy literature. But clearly, it really upsets people sometimes. I suspect that was the trigger in this case, though it is only a suspicion.

I can get that. I remember wincing myself when the little wendigo-possessed kid bites it in the movie PET SEMATARY. Needle in the throat, shudder.

But I remember several Paizo authors doing some horrible things to kids. Like in 'Crown of the Kobold King', where they may have gone overboard. I think every one of the kids rescued in that adventure ends up insane, a thug, or better off dead in the long run by the notes in back!

Wolfgang Baur wrote:
That price... Seems really high, though a permanent item is always pricey. I'll ping the editor and designer on it, see if they visit this thread about it.

Okay, thanks.

Qadira Contributor; Publisher, Kobold Press; RPG Superstar Judge

Crown of the Kobold King is pretty awesome. But I admit all my old editing instincts did seize up when I realized it was crossing the old "kids in danger" line.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Eric Hinkle wrote:
Endzeitgeist wrote:
Eric, from what I can recall of your different posts, I think you will definitely enjoy this one!
I have to agree, I just read it and it's very well done (though really, someone quit over Mora? Why? It doesn't strike me as all that horrific.)

Believe me, it's been toned down so much from its initial incarnation that it's almost a different place. I haven't read it through, just scanned it, but near as I can tell, none of the frequent images that caused such discord have remained part of the final version.


gbonehead wrote:
Believe me, it's been toned down so much from its initial incarnation that it's almost a different place. I haven't read it through, just scanned it, but near as I can tell, none of the frequent images that caused such discord have remained part of the final version.

Any chance we can get an inside scoop what kinds of things were cut?


Paramo wrote:
gbonehead wrote:
Believe me, it's been toned down so much from its initial incarnation that it's almost a different place. I haven't read it through, just scanned it, but near as I can tell, none of the frequent images that caused such discord have remained part of the final version.
Any chance we can get an inside scoop what kinds of things were cut?

I'm curious about this myself.

Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Shadow Planes & Pocket Worlds: A Dark Roads and Golden Hells Supplement (PFRPG) PDF All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Top Sellers
OPDTOTOME
1. Tales of the Old Margreve (PFRPG)
***** (based on 11 ratings)

Add Print/PDF Bundle: $25.99 $20.99

Add Print Edition: $24.99 $19.99

Add PDF: $9.99


2. Midgard Campaign Setting (PFRPG/AGE)
3. Zobeck Gazetteer (PFRPG)
4. Midgard: Streets of Zobeck (PFRPG)
5. Sunken Empires (PFRPG)
6. Midgard: Alleys of Zobeck (PFRPG) PDF
7. Advanced Races #6: Kobolds (PFRPG)
8. Midgard Legends (PFRPG)
9. Journeys to the West: Fantastic Voyages in the Western Ocean (PFRPG)
10. Pirates of the Western Ocean (PFRPG) PDF

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.