Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Adventures Pathfinder Campaign Setting Pathfinder Player Companion Pathfinder Accessories Pathfinder Miniatures Pathfinder Fiction Pathfinder® Society™ Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible Products Pathfinder Apparel & Gifts Pathfinder Licensed Products
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Paths of Prestige

****( ) (based on 13 ratings)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Paths of Prestige
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Print Edition: $19.99

Add PDF: $13.99 $9.79

Non-Mint: $19.99

Facebook Twitter Email

While many legendary heroes of Golarion fit easily into the core classes of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game—the sword-swinging fighters, fireball-flinging wizards, backstabbing rogues, and others—there are some who specialize in unique styles and techniques, perfectly customizing themselves for their roles. For these characters, there are prestige classes. From the undead-hunting Knights of Ozem to the revolutionary Gray Gardeners of Galt, this book collects 30 of the most prominent faiths and factions from around the Inner Sea and transforms them into prestige classes designed to help you take advantage of the tricks and tactics of some of Golarion’s most famous (and infamous) groups, all while rooting your character firmly in the lore and societies of the Pathfinder campaign setting.

    Within this 64-page book, you’ll find new prestige class options for every character class in the Pathfinder RPG, including:
  • The Aldori swordlord, world-renowned dueling master of the turbulent north.
  • The Hellknight signifer, an armored spellcaster who uses magic to pursue the perfect, iron-fisted law of Hell.
  • The gun-toting shieldmarshal, whose bright badge brings order to the chaos of the Mana Wastes.
  • The mammoth rider, savage megafauna cavalry expert.
  • The Sleepless detective, uniquely suited to solving mysteries both magical and mundane in haunted Ustalav.
  • The winter witch, whose ice magic keeps a whole nation in thrall.
  • ...and 24 more!

Paths of Prestige is intended for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and the Pathfinder campaign setting, but can easily be used in any fantasy game setting.

By Benjamin Bruck, Jason Bulmahn, Matt Goodall, and Jason Nelson

September 13, 2012 The Winter Witch prestige class has been updated and is available for download. (1.2MB zip/PDF)

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-451-1

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting Subscription.

Product Availability


Print Edition: Ships from our warehouse in 2 to 14 business days.

PDF: Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Non-Mint: This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

PZO9249


See Also:



Product Discussion (817)
251 to 300 of 817 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hey, 1-800-DIAL-A-BARB is overworked, and those barbarians are pretty damn useful when you just gotta use more dakka.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps Subscriber

I didn't see anyone ask this specifically...

I was wondering if there is a chance that the Genie Binder PrC (from Legacy of Fire AP) might get PFRPG treatment in this book?

I know the genie binders aren't an organization or faction per se, but it is something I am wondering none the less.

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Paizo Employee Creative Director

The_Minstrel_Wyrm wrote:

I didn't see anyone ask this specifically...

I was wondering if there is a chance that the Genie Binder PrC (from Legacy of Fire AP) might get PFRPG treatment in this book?

I know the genie binders aren't an organization or faction per se, but it is something I am wondering none the less.

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Nope. There's no reprints in this book.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

I'm really curious what the Arclord of Nex is going to look like. It may be a specialist PrC (apparently each of Nex's apprenticed specialized in one form of magic), or it could be the Pathfinder take on the archmage.

Maybe it might even be one that loses on a couple caster levels, but gains extremely useful class features to make up for it. That would be difficult to pull off, though...

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mechalibur wrote:

I'm really curious what the Arclord of Nex is going to look like. It may be a specialist PrC (apparently each of Nex's apprenticed specialized in one form of magic), or it could be the Pathfinder take on the archmage.

Maybe it might even be one that loses on a couple caster levels, but gains extremely useful class features to make up for it. That would be difficult to pull off, though...

It won't be a "Pathfinder take on the Archmage." That class isn't one we're interested in doing, and in any case, it'd count as a reprint; this book has no reprints.


Are any of the other Golarion dueling schools besides the Aldori getting a prestige class? The Rondelero Duelists in Taldor come to mind.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
It won't be a "Pathfinder take on the Archmage." That class isn't one we're interested in doing, and in any case, it'd count as a reprint; this book has no reprints.

I wouldn't count it as a reprint if it were like the Stalwart Defender compared to the Dwarven Defender.

Still, good to know.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Mechalibur wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
It won't be a "Pathfinder take on the Archmage." That class isn't one we're interested in doing, and in any case, it'd count as a reprint; this book has no reprints.

I wouldn't count it as a reprint if it were like the Stalwart Defender compared to the Dwarven Defender.

Still, good to know.

Absolutely looking forward to this -Aldori Swordlord!

Cheliax

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
That Guy With the Fox wrote:
Will there be anything extra for previous prestige classes? This seems like the third time Hellknights will be published again.
Actually... the prestige class in this book is a Hellknight signifier; we've not done that class yet. It's the spellcasting version of a Hellknight...

Finally.


Will the Winter Witch PrC have an alignment requirement for entry?


PJ wrote:
Mechalibur wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
It won't be a "Pathfinder take on the Archmage." That class isn't one we're interested in doing, and in any case, it'd count as a reprint; this book has no reprints.

I wouldn't count it as a reprint if it were like the Stalwart Defender compared to the Dwarven Defender.

Still, good to know.

Absolutely looking forward to this -Aldori Swordlord!

So am I..lets hope the entry requirements don't include 'Must have been born in Brevoy'

Taldor

How will paizo make a 10 level prestige for the swirdlird when it takes 11 levels to get counterattack?!

Qadira

James Jacobs wrote:
I can't remember off the top of my head if it's a prestige class that ONLY summoners can use, though. Summoners are, after all, the rarest class to show up in Golarion, except maybe for gunslingers.

Stumbled late into the thread and my first thought when I read this was "Has James seen any open Pathfinder Society game lately?"

I find myself torn. Because I play so much PFS, I want to play rare and individualized classes. However in that environment you usually only get the chance to show off the mechanical flavor of a prestige class. To truly show off the Prestige part of the character, it really takes a longer campaign played with most of the same people. With that in mind, I'm OK with not having short (5-level) classes.

Individualization through improved roleplaying, not improved power!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Belafon wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
I can't remember off the top of my head if it's a prestige class that ONLY summoners can use, though. Summoners are, after all, the rarest class to show up in Golarion, except maybe for gunslingers.

Stumbled late into the thread and my first thought when I read this was "Has James seen any open Pathfinder Society game lately?"

I find myself torn. Because I play so much PFS, I want to play rare and individualized classes. However in that environment you usually only get the chance to show off the mechanical flavor of a prestige class. To truly show off the Prestige part of the character, it really takes a longer campaign played with most of the same people. With that in mind, I'm OK with not having short (5-level) classes.

Individualization through improved roleplaying, not improved power!

Pathfinder Society is a specific single campaign set in Golarion. It has thousands of players, but it's still only one campaign.

Qadira

James Jacobs wrote:
Belafon wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
I can't remember off the top of my head if it's a prestige class that ONLY summoners can use, though. Summoners are, after all, the rarest class to show up in Golarion, except maybe for gunslingers.

Stumbled late into the thread and my first thought when I read this was "Has James seen any open Pathfinder Society game lately?"

I find myself torn. Because I play so much PFS, I want to play rare and individualized classes. However in that environment you usually only get the chance to show off the mechanical flavor of a prestige class. To truly show off the Prestige part of the character, it really takes a longer campaign played with most of the same people. With that in mind, I'm OK with not having short (5-level) classes.

Individualization through improved roleplaying, not improved power!

Pathfinder Society is a specific single campaign set in Golarion. It has thousands of players, but it's still only one campaign.

Yah, my point (other than a snide comment about the profusion of Synthesists) was that I love the nature of the campaign - meeting and interacting with many unknown players for relatively brief periods of time is great fun - but it doesn't allow for extremely in-depth character development. For that reason even though I love prestige classes I don't subscribe to the notion that there "must be" prestige classes that can be "finished" in PFS. I think a more intimate and higher level campaign is more suited to a Prestige character and 10-level classes are fine by me.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

I've updated the image and description to reflect the finished product.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

His mount has piercings.

That's pretty badass, if having a mammoth as a mount isn't badass enough.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
I've updated the image and description to reflect the finished product.

Sweet cover,

Heck the cover alone could sell this book.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Azure_Zero wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
I've updated the image and description to reflect the finished product.

Sweet cover,

Heck the cover alone could sell this book.

That's kinda the purpose of all our covers. :-P


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I hope the artist is getting a bonus.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Interesting, so now all the prestige classes will do battle right now...fight!


Pathfinder Campaign Setting Subscriber

I love the sound of the Sleepless Detective! I have a PC in my Carrion Crown campaign who's a Gnome Bard who focuses on knowledge skills. Sounds like this PrC could be a nice fit. Can't wait to pick this up!


Mechalibur wrote:

His mount has piercings.

That's pretty badass, if having a mammoth as a mount isn't badass enough.

I look at that image and shudder. Those tusks are the mammoth's teeth, and they have a nerve running through them about as thick as your wrist (if they're anything like normal elephants). Imagine that in your tooth!

Someone should call the TSPCM&M (Taldan Society for the prevention of Cruelty to Megafauna & Monsters) on this guy.

More seriously, that is cool art, but I really do shiver when I look at that poor beast.


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

And just like that, the magic's gone :(


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Maybe they're Tusk Piercings of Continuous Cure Light Wounds?


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Eric Hinkle wrote:
I look at that image and shudder. Those tusks are the mammoth's teeth, and they have a nerve running through them about as thick as your wrist (if they're anything like normal elephants). Imagine that in your tooth!

And you are surprised that this mammoth is sooo angry?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Sadly, this cover art ain't got nothing on recent other Paizo covers. Oh well, you can't always win, sometimes it's Dwarves of Golarion or Angry Mamooths.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Gorbacz wrote:
Sadly, this cover art ain't got nothing on recent other Paizo covers. Oh well, you can't always win, sometimes it's Dwarves of Golarion or Angry Mamooths.

I don't know, I think the Mammoth is sort of cute. It looks more sad than angry.


I actually have a gunslinger character who is from the Mana Wastes and has the "Alkenstar Defender" trai so the addition of an Alkenstar specific gunslinger prestige might be very awesome :). While she's not currently in Alkenstar now, she still considers it her home and someday hopes to return there after her issues with her aunt are concluded. (Long story short, she's a natural werewolf but was raised in Alkenstar where with no magic she couldn't shift so she never really knew. Then her evil aunt showed up to "bring her back to the family" and so now she's kinda on the run trying to be a good werewolf while also dodging the evil werewolves trying to corrupt her heh)


agnelcow wrote:
I love the sound of the Sleepless Detective! I have a PC in my Carrion Crown campaign who's a Gnome Bard who focuses on knowledge skills. Sounds like this PrC could be a nice fit. Can't wait to pick this up!

You know a Sleepless Detective coming from a company based in Seattle is rather appropriate don't you think.


So James, is it still too early to ask for a spoiler in the form of the names of all 30 classes making appearances in this book?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

SquishyPoetFromBeyondTheStars wrote:
So James, is it still too early to ask for a spoiler in the form of the names of all 30 classes making appearances in this book?

Yup. The book's still 2 months or so away from release.


Man.......August is going to be an expensive month....I better start a savings jar :)

Osirion RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4; Contributor; Publisher, Legendary Games

AbsolutGrndZer0 wrote:
I actually have a gunslinger character who is from the Mana Wastes and has the "Alkenstar Defender" trai so the addition of an Alkenstar specific gunslinger prestige might be very awesome :). While she's not currently in Alkenstar now, she still considers it her home and someday hopes to return there after her issues with her aunt are concluded. (Long story short, she's a natural werewolf but was raised in Alkenstar where with no magic she couldn't shift so she never really knew. Then her evil aunt showed up to "bring her back to the family" and so now she's kinda on the run trying to be a good werewolf while also dodging the evil werewolves trying to corrupt her heh)

If the final version is close to the turnover, you should have plenty of neat stuff to do with that PrC even if you never set foot in Alkenstar.


Would an alchemist be able to take the Sleepless Detective without it being much of a problem? My mindchemist in Carrion Crown is a polymath forensic analyst (all forensic analyst disciplines. ALL OF THEM) and it'd be nice to take a PrC that helps simulate that.


I wonder is there going to be a calistrian vengence taker type prc going to be in this book??


Hey James is it still to early to ask about the names of the 30 prcs???

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steelfiredragon wrote:
Hey James is it still to early to ask about the names of the 30 prcs???

Yup. In fact, we almost NEVER post entire tables of contents for books before they're out—that's generally something we leave to folks to do on their own once the books release.


bummer... now I have to wait for this to show up in the store before I can make my final descision....

okay.... is it possible to tell us then what is the most letter that starts each prc's name then???

which would still tell nothing.....


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

Or which one your favorite is? :)


Mechalibur wrote:
Or which one your favorite is? :)

he cant tell us that either, as it would be telling whats on the table of content.

on the otherhand what he can tell us, is what page his favorite prc is on and what the paizo staff's favorite prc is on.

which is telling us nothing until its released. really its nothing but a page number.


Yay, yay, yay, yay, YAY!!!! ^_^ I am so looking forward to this book (and, like many who already posted, August in general, despite the strain it'll put on my broke college graduate wallet). One quick question, and this is just a yes/no question that doesn't require anyone to reveal any major content of this book: are there any good PrCs for illusionists? I love playing illusionist wizards, and I always get a little sad that there aren't more options available for my illusionist characters.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It might be a good idea to peruse the Faction Guide to see what type of classes are represented by an organization. These are meant to be classes that are based on factions or religions. This isn't just a grab bag of prestige classes, like 3.5 had.

Are there any illusionist factions or religions?


Eh, not that I've really seen, to be honest. Illusionists just don't really seem to get a lot of love from either Pathfinder or 3.5, at least from what I've seen. I could see some of the Varisian Wanderers or scholars from one of the arcane colleges around Golarion or from White Grotto in Absalom, but nothing aside from that. But it's all cool. I make do with what I have, and I can still pull off a very effective illusionist. ^_^ Still, it would be nice to see Paizo give the illusionist some more options. Just saying ^_-

Paizo Employee Developer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Lunar Mage wrote:
Yay, yay, yay, yay, YAY!!!! ^_^ I am so looking forward to this book (and, like many who already posted, August in general, despite the strain it'll put on my broke college graduate wallet). One quick question, and this is just a yes/no question that doesn't require anyone to reveal any major content of this book: are there any good PrCs for illusionists? I love playing illusionist wizards, and I always get a little sad that there aren't more options available for my illusionist characters.

Without spoiling any details, players who enjoy illusionists will no doubt find several of the prestige classes in this book to their liking.


James Jacobs wrote:
SquishyPoetFromBeyondTheStars wrote:
So James, is it still too early to ask for a spoiler in the form of the names of all 30 classes making appearances in this book?
Yup. The book's still 2 months or so away from release.

Other than Paladin of Irori, has there been anything mentioned by the devs not noted in the product description?

Also one prc for every class? Guess that includes Summoner. Nice, because it is easily the worst supported class for multiclassing outside of Synthesist, not even Boon Companion works because it predates Summoner (I think Boon Companion should be reprinted for both supporting Summoners and being a useful feat that deserves a less obscure book, but that is beside the point)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Due to the recent Nightglass novel, I'm guessing that the Shadowcallers will be outlined in here.


Cheapy wrote:
Due to the recent Nightglass novel, I'm guessing that the Shadowcallers will be outlined in here.

I really hope so. I haven't read the book yet but anything specific to Nidal gets my stamp of want.

However, a conjurer with the shadowcaster archetype that convinces his GM to allow him to modify his summon monster spells the same way the shadow caller (ARG p 110) can may be a good start.

Shadow Lodge

Will we see some loving for the Eagle Knights?


I for one am playing an Aldori Sworlord and a gunslinger who used to be a shieldmarshal, so this is very welcome news indeed (although I'm only lvl 2 with the Swordlord and lvl 3 with the Gunslinger).

A quick question: are there some "racial" prestige classes (like the dwarven defender or the arcane archer used to be)? I always thought that racial prestige classes added to the depth of the game and allowed for better characterization, giving some races things only they could do. After all we have racial traits and feats, I can't see why we couldn't have some prestige classes opened only to certain races, after all a cabal of dwarven secretive mage hunters wouldn't be likely to train elves in their ranks, likewise elven isolationists druids focused on reclaiming the corrupted areas of their forests wouldn't certainly be pleased with any kind of outsiders, what would be the chances for them to accept members coming from other races?
Of course these are jsut some ideas that came to mind right now, but I think my point is racial prestige classes feel right and help increasing the depth of the game lore for a better playing experience.

251 to 300 of 817 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Paths of Prestige All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.