Pathfinder Dice: Carrion Crown

****( ) (based on 2 ratings)

Our Price: $13.00

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Paizo and Q-Workshop are proud to bring you the 100%-official Carrion Crown Adventure Path dice! These masterfully crafted dice feature silver engravings on black polyhedrons.

Product Availability

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 7 business days.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

QWSSPAT37


See Also:

Average product rating:

****( ) (based on 2 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Beautiful, but not perfect

****( )

The black and silver look great and are flavorful for the AP. While not as bright as the silver from Second Darkness they are still readable. The chain motif looks decent while the dripping from the numbers is great. Then there's the ravens. I LOVE the ravens on top of the numbers. They look great and are perfect for the AP. But the ravens are only on the d10 and d00. The rest of the dice only have the chain and dripping motifs. Overall, a solid set but the disappearance of the ravens keeps me from giving this set a 5.


Best Q-Workshop dice yet.

****( )

Just received these yesterday. Beautiful dice, the numbers are clear and easy to read. The D4 is a bit more difficult because of the designs in the centre of the face, but still not impossible.

I'm only giving 4 stars because I wish Q-workshop would sell a 10 dice set, and even better if it had a 'negative' d6 opposite of the others' colour, but still this is a great set to give a new gamer.


1 to 50 of 72 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Mine!


Ordered!

Dark Archive

cool but I was hoping they would be black and pink instead of white.

The Exchange

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Eww... pink is for GIRLS! ;-)

Black and red would have been cool.

RPG Superstar 2011 Top 8

Wolfthulhu wrote:

Eww... pink is for GIRLS! ;-)

Black and red would have been cool.

My favorite 20 sider right now is pink and it's lethal when it's on a hot streak!

Dark Archive

Wolfthulhu wrote:

Eww... pink is for GIRLS! ;-)

Black and red would have been cool.

Everyone knows, pink is the new black and black is the new pink and together they are just awesome.


Apparently, from the description they're Black and Silver.

The Exchange

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Wolfthulhu wrote:

Eww... pink is for GIRLS! ;-)

Black and red would have been cool.

Everyone knows, pink is the new black and black is the new pink and together they are just awesome.

What? Wait...

But my Harley is black... you're saying it is pink? And in order for it to still be black... I have to paint it pink???

head asplode

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Now if only we could get a set of two silver on black D6 and a black on white d6 to make a 10 die set, I'd be happy ;-)


Disappointing that Serpent's Skull dice were passed over.

Dark Archive

Wolfthulhu wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Wolfthulhu wrote:

Eww... pink is for GIRLS! ;-)

Black and red would have been cool.

Everyone knows, pink is the new black and black is the new pink and together they are just awesome.

What? Wait...

But my Harley is black... you're saying it is pink? And in order for it to still be black... I have to paint it pink???

head asplode

Exactly see it really is just that simple.

Sczarni

Huh....so I guess thy don't have any special symbol in place of the highest number? That's kinda a bummer, I'd say.

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16, 2011 Top 32, 2012 Top 4

Oooooooooh. Black. Silvery. Ordered!

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

These look wonderful! I might pick them up, even though I'm not playing Carrion Crown, and they give hope to one-day seeing dice for the Council of Thieves module!


Black and pink might be a bit hard to read if they were pink numbers. But definitely getting this. I hope there will be one for Jade Regent.


The dice just arrived. They look great! I hope each adventure path gets their own dice.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Pawns, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

This has gone unavailable. Does that mean they sold out already?

Dark Archive

TwilightKnight wrote:
This has gone unavailable. Does that mean they sold out already?

I hope note, have not had a chance to order them yet.

Though even if they are I imagine we will see more made in the very near future.

Liberty's Edge

Q-Workshop makes nice dice BUT my biggest complaint is that they do not sell individual dice. You have to buy a set. This is a real bummer when you want, say, a couple extra d6 or something. The only way to do that is to keep buying an entire new set.

That's one reason I'm a big fan of Chessex dice. You can buy them in a standard set PLUS you can go to their web site and buy individual dice as well.

The fact that Q-Workshop does NOT do that is one of the main reason I don't buy their dice.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Marc Radle wrote:

Q-Workshop makes nice dice BUT my biggest complaint is that they do not sell individual dice. You have to buy a set. This is a real bummer when you want, say, a couple extra d6 or something. The only way to do that is to keep buying an entire new set.

That's one reason I'm a big fan of Chessex dice. You can buy them in a standard set PLUS you can go to their web site and buy individual dice as well.

The fact that Q-Workshop does NOT do that is one of the main reason I don't buy their dice.

Marc,

I hate to let you in on my little secret, but I have been able to order Q-workshop singles directly. I have a 10 dice runelords and a 10 dice second darkness set as a result. I wish it was easier to buy singles and get a 'reverse' D5 (White with black ink as an example for Carrion Crown)

Liberty's Edge

Really? How did you do that???


I'd like to know as well. :D


You can purchase direct from thief website, though shipping costs are expensive. As well, not sure if all lines are offered individually, but think most are.

Liberty's Edge

AJCarrington wrote:
You can purchase direct from thief website, though shipping costs are expensive. As well, not sure if all lines are offered individually, but think most are.

Hey AJ (long time, no talk)

I inquired directly to their customer service about 6 months ago and was told that they did not sell individual dice, only the sets. I also checked their site again recently and did not see any option for individual dice.

Can you point to where / how on their site you can order individual dice? Maybe I missed it???


It has been a long time...my bad... :(

I just went to their site, selected a color pattern for their dwarven dice and saw the set and individuals available for adding to your cart. Strange this isn't working for you...??? Will post some links when I get home.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Well this was three years ago. I liked the RotRL dice, and Donna liked the SD dice (they were purple!) so I e-mailed them and asked how much it would be.

Now that being said, if they don't do that anymore... yea me! :-)

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
AJCarrington wrote:

It has been a long time...my bad... :(

I just went to their site, selected a color pattern for their dwarven dice and saw the set and individuals available for adding to your cart. Strange this isn't working for you...??? Will post some links when I get home.

Fine for some dice but not for pahfinder dice. AFAIK

Contributor

We are indeed currently sold out of them! I will poke the Powers What Be about a restock.


GeraintElberion wrote:
Fine for some dice but not for pahfinder dice. AFAIK

Yep...thanks for the correction. It appears that they only offer them in complete sets...likley due to licensing requirements (both the Earthdawn and Savage Worlds sets are only available in sets).

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

*does the happy Hermit dance*
Then I guess I'm unique.

Liz, do you know if there's any way to convince/encourage Q-workshop to make 'negative' d6s of the pathfinder dice to be sold as singles? (A white Carrion Crown die with black lettering, for example)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

If we could convince Q-workshop to do *anything*, it would be to get them to make more than two sets a year so that we could actually, eventually, catch up. But they're pretty much set doing what they're doing.

Dark Archive

Vic Wertz wrote:
If we could convince Q-workshop to do *anything*, it would be to get them to make more than two sets a year so that we could actually, eventually, catch up. But they're pretty much set doing what they're doing.

Well if Q-workshop doesn't want or is unwilling or able to work with you on doing more or other things. Have you considered talking to some of the other dice companies about doing Pathfinder dice?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Though we'd love them to speed up the pace, we're happy with the products! I don't know of any other companies who make such stylish dice!

Sovereign Court

For what it's worth, Q-Workshop does make some really excellent stuff and I've been very impressed with the "themed" dice offerings for the campaigns.. but these are easily my favorite.

Dark Archive

Vic Wertz wrote:
Though we'd love them to speed up the pace, we're happy with the products! I don't know of any other companies who make such stylish dice!

Yeah they make good dice and I agree. I was just wondering if you had explored other options to see if someone else could give you the same high quality work and some of the other stuff you are looking for. I know nothing about the world of dice beyond buying them, so i don't know how many options are out there. But was just wondering based on what you said if you had considered it.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Though we'd love them to speed up the pace, we're happy with the products! I don't know of any other companies who make such stylish dice!
Yeah they make good dice and I agree. I was just wondering if you had explored other options to see if someone else could give you the same high quality work and some of the other stuff you are looking for. I know nothing about the world of dice beyond buying them, so i don't know how many options are out there. But was just wondering based on what you said if you had considered it.

Most of the other companies use the same molds for every set, with color (and sometimes material) as pretty much the only differentiator. Some of them might change up a face here or there, but I can't immediately think of any other company that thinks about each die as a little work of art.

Edit: Ok... I guess there is the IronDie folks... but they only do metal dice that cost about $6 per die (or more), and nothing but six-siders.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Any chance some of these may be back in stock by Paizocon?

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

We've got a restock in and hopefully we'll have these ready for sale again soon.

Dark Archive

So any word on when they will be ready again? I am planning hoping to add them to my September order.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dark_Mistress wrote:
So any word on when they will be ready again? I am planning hoping to add them to my September order.

Q-workshop dice restocks come from Poland; best we can tell, that seems to involve transport by burros. (Specifically, burros without tracking numbers.)

Dark Archive

So sometime between tomorrow and New Years then huh? :)

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
So any word on when they will be ready again? I am planning hoping to add them to my September order.
Q-workshop dice restocks come from Poland; best we can tell, that seems to involve transport by burros. (Specifically, burros without tracking numbers.)

I resent that remark, we have moved on to ferrying stuff via oversized chickens in Poland, ever since EU required us to leave burros alone. Q-W might be trying to cut some corners there, though.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Gorbacz wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
So any word on when they will be ready again? I am planning hoping to add them to my September order.
Q-workshop dice restocks come from Poland; best we can tell, that seems to involve transport by burros. (Specifically, burros without tracking numbers.)
I resent that remark, we have moved on to ferrying stuff via oversized chickens in Poland, ever since EU required us to leave burros alone. Q-W might be trying to cut some corners there, though.

Perhaps the burros are just used for the portion of the trip between Europe and the USA.

Dark Archive

Vic Wertz wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
So any word on when they will be ready again? I am planning hoping to add them to my September order.
Q-workshop dice restocks come from Poland; best we can tell, that seems to involve transport by burros. (Specifically, burros without tracking numbers.)
I resent that remark, we have moved on to ferrying stuff via oversized chickens in Poland, ever since EU required us to leave burros alone. Q-W might be trying to cut some corners there, though.
Perhaps the burros are just used for the portion of the trip between Europe and the USA.

Water burros or burros walking in giant wheels that turn a paddle wheel on a ship?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
So any word on when they will be ready again? I am planning hoping to add them to my September order.
Q-workshop dice restocks come from Poland; best we can tell, that seems to involve transport by burros. (Specifically, burros without tracking numbers.)
I resent that remark, we have moved on to ferrying stuff via oversized chickens in Poland, ever since EU required us to leave burros alone. Q-W might be trying to cut some corners there, though.
Perhaps the burros are just used for the portion of the trip between Europe and the USA.
Water burros or burros walking in giant wheels that turn a paddle wheel on a ship?

All I know is that it takes a really long time, and the box smells like saltwater and burro.

Silver Crusade

Wow...I guess I got what I deserved by looking into what was so interesting to talk about with a set of dice. *Walks out shaking head and wondering what burro's smell like*


Burros smell a little like donkeys... or maybe that's like little donkeys.

Scarab Sages

I was wondering if the price tag for this restock pre-order was right?

Dark Archive

Djoc wrote:
I was wondering if the price tag for this restock pre-order was right?

I sure hope not.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Our distributor has unusual data in their database on this one. We'll look into it.

1 to 50 of 72 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Dice: Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.