Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Adventures Pathfinder Campaign Setting Pathfinder Player Companion Pathfinder Accessories Pathfinder Miniatures Pathfinder Fiction Pathfinder® Society™ Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible Products Pathfinder Apparel & Gifts Pathfinder Licensed Products
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pathfinder Society Special: Race for the Runecarved Key (PFRPG) PDF

**½( )( ) (based on 14 ratings)

List Price: $3.99

Sale Price: $2.79

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

A Pathfinder Society Special designed for levels 1–12+

An ancient Thassilonian artifact has been unearthed in Magnimar and is to be auctioned off by the city government. In order to maintain good relations with those in power in the City of Monuments, the Pathfinder Society must obtain the relic without simply stealing it, although employing any other means necessary. It falls to the PCs to infiltrate the auction, sabotage the other bidders’ efforts, and call in favors from those in the Society’s debt to ensure the Runecarved Key (and the secrets it unlocks) belongs to the Pathfinders when the adventure draws to a close.

Written by Kyle Baird and Tim Hitchcock.

This scenario is designed for play in Pathfinder Society Organized Play, but can easily be adapted for use with any world. This scenario is compliant with the Open Game License (OGL) and is suitable for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

Product Availability


Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

PZOPSS0400E


See Also:

Product Discussion (127)
1 to 50 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Paizo Glitterati Robot

Announced! Cover image is a mockup.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Sounds like a lot of morally questionable actions are going to be going down, sounds like fun now what will andoran or silver crusade do though?

Paizo Employee Developer

4 people marked this as a favorite.
doc the grey wrote:
now what will andoran or silver crusade do though?

Their jobs.

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
doc the grey wrote:
Sounds like a lot of morally questionable actions are going to be going down, sounds like fun now what will andoran or silver crusade do though?

Whinge about what the right thing to do is, while everyone else makes off with the loot.

Silver Crusade

How many tables are required to run this at a convention?

Paizo Employee Developer

That hasn't been decided yet. We'll likely know mid-summer when this comes up in the development cycle.

Qadira

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Baird *AND* Hitchcock?!

Geez! I see Paizo wants to start season 4 fresh with no living PCs...

This is one way to do that.

-Pain

Shadow Lodge

You know Pain, I was thinking the same thing... Kinda glad I'm not going to GenCon this year now... :)

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Mark Moreland wrote:
That hasn't been decided yet. We'll likely know mid-summer when this comes up in the development cycle.

I would really love it if it was only 3 tables min. Some of our smaller cons/game days would like that so we could actually run it.

Qadira RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16, Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wow... this is awesome! Brutally awesome!

Qadira

Dennis Baker wrote:
Wow... this is awesome! Brutally awesome!

Ogre, I love you and all...but I think you're confusing "Brutally awesome" with "butt-puckeringly scary and something to avoid at all costs".

-Pain

Qadira RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16, Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The phrases are interchangeable based on which side of the GM screen you are on.


Product Availability wrote:
Will be available for purchase approximately Wed, Aug 7, 2013.

That's a pretty long wait. I assume that should be 2012 instead :)

Paizo Employee Developer

Nope. It will be available only to event organizers who want to offer it at conventions or large game days for the entirety of Season 4. When we launch Season 5 at Gen Con 2013, we'll make this one available to the general public.

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

No one has noted that 12+ in the levels? Nice and shiny!

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
No one has noted that 12+ in the levels? Nice and shiny!

We already knew... You gave that info out a long time ago.

Mike, memory problems at your old Age?

Mark, maybe you should keep a closer eye on him, you don't know what he might forget next!

;)

Paizo Employee Developer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Not my problem. I have too much else to worry about to start making sure Mike keeps his shoes tied.

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

Dragnmoon wrote:


We already knew... You gave that info out a long time ago.

Mike, memory problems at your old Age?

;)

Oh, I know I mentioned it before. But, no one said anything so I wanted to reinforce it. By the way, I'm not old. The Core Rulebook, page 169, advises old for a human is 53. I've got a decade to go.

Qadira RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16, Contributor

4 people marked this as a favorite.

We all figured you'd abused haste a bit too much in the AD&D years.

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

Dennis Baker wrote:
We all figured you'd abused haste a bit too much in the AD&D years.

But it helped get my AC down to -4 and increase my Thac0

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Cards, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:


We already knew... You gave that info out a long time ago.

Mike, memory problems at your old Age?

;)

Oh, I know I mentioned it before. But, no one said anything so I wanted to reinforce it. By the way, I'm not old. The Core Rulebook, page 169, advises old for a human is 53. I've got a decade to go.

Just make sure you stay off my lawn when you visit the bay area!

Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 4

Michael Brock wrote:
Dennis Baker wrote:
We all figured you'd abused haste a bit too much in the AD&D years.
But it helped get my AC down to -4 and increase my Thac0

Ah the good old days! When we lied about kissin' girls behind the bleachers and exactly how many 18's we really did roll. Along with psionics.

I got 8 years to go. I better hurry up and make 12th level so I can build a castle to retire in.

If I hadn't said, look forward to meeting you at GenCon Mike!

**********************

Kyle! Double congrats!

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

JohnF wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:


We already knew... You gave that info out a long time ago.

Mike, memory problems at your old Age?

;)

Oh, I know I mentioned it before. But, no one said anything so I wanted to reinforce it. By the way, I'm not old. The Core Rulebook, page 169, advises old for a human is 53. I've got a decade to go.

Just make sure you stay off my lawn when you visit the bay area!

You must be rich. Only rich people can afford a lawn in the Bay area. I guess drinks are on you at Kubla Con!

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

Jim Groves wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
Dennis Baker wrote:
We all figured you'd abused haste a bit too much in the AD&D years.
But it helped get my AC down to -4 and increase my Thac0

Ah the good old days! When we lied about kissin' girls behind the bleachers and exactly how many 18's we really did roll. Along with psionics.

I got 8 years to go. I better hurry up and make 12th level so I can build a castle to retire in.

If I hadn't said, look forward to meeting you at GenCon Mike!

**********************

Kyle! Double congrats!

I *really* rolled all those sixes like four times. I promise. Oh, and I really did roll 00 on my strength check. I *really* promise. And can we just say I have the levels in all the classes (fighter, thief, and Druid) so I can be a bard? Oh wait, I went back too far.......

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Cards, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
JohnF wrote:
Michael Brock wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:


We already knew... You gave that info out a long time ago.

Mike, memory problems at your old Age?

;)

Oh, I know I mentioned it before. But, no one said anything so I wanted to reinforce it. By the way, I'm not old. The Core Rulebook, page 169, advises old for a human is 53. I've got a decade to go.

Just make sure you stay off my lawn when you visit the bay area!

You must be rich. Only rich people can afford a lawn in the Bay area. I guess drinks are on you at Kubla Con!

Sorry - all my disposable income seems to be going on rulebooks, adventure paths, flip-mats, miniatures, scenarios, ...

Anyway, Azmyth's already said the first round is on him.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
No one has noted that 12+ in the levels? Nice and shiny!

Shiny? I was thinking bloody! I wonder if there will be anyone left alive to play part 2..

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

Have you ever seen pools of blood under a street light? If no one survives to Round 2, drinks are on me. :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
Have you ever seen pools of blood under a street light? If no one survives to Round 2, drinks are on me. :-)

done and done.

Grand Lodge

Michael Brock wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:


We already knew... You gave that info out a long time ago.

Mike, memory problems at your old Age?

;)

Oh, I know I mentioned it before. But, no one said anything so I wanted to reinforce it. By the way, I'm not old. The Core Rulebook, page 169, advises old for a human is 53. I've got a decade to go.

Speaking as someone who turned forty in Deceber, that table needs a serious errata.

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

1 person marked this as a favorite.

When I pointed that out to my wife (who is a year older than me), I didn't get a very nice look back. She then requested to know who wrote that chart up. I haven't told her, and for the safety of ******** ***********, I hope she doesn't find out because the next company party could get ugly ;-)

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Cards, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
When I pointed that out to my wife (who is a year older than me), I didn't get a very nice look back.

Wait until she finds out you've been posting information about her age on a public forum. . . .

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

6 people marked this as a favorite.

She already saw it this morning. I will be stopping by Pike Market to pick up flowers later today.

Osirion

14 people marked this as a favorite.

You already got me flowers from Pike Place last week. I think you might be up to jewelry, my dear. :-)

And he failed to mention that we are the same age until mid June.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

bahahahahaha!

Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 4

Go Mrs. B!

Mike, Mother's Day is the 13th, big guy. If jewelry it is, then do a combination move and do a two-for-one!

Osirion

Jim Groves wrote:

Go Mrs. B!

Mike, Mother's Day is the 13th, big guy. If jewelry it is, then do a combination move and do a two-for-one!

Oh noooo!! He doesn't get out that easy! No combo gifts...and no gifts with electrical cords.

Shadow Lodge

Not even a tanning bed?

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I suggest a serenade of your favorite goblin song; nothing says true love like a diddy with fire and baby jam that comes from the heart.

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

She's not going to be at Gen Con to protect any of you. Just fair warning.

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

Jim Groves wrote:

Go Mrs. B!

And that is Mrs. PFS.

Osirion

Black Powder Chocobo wrote:
I suggest a serenade of your favorite goblin song; nothing says true love like a diddy with fire and baby jam that comes from the heart.

LOL, that has some potential! Besides, there is a certain goblin item that I would love, and Mike knows it.

Osirion

Michael Brock wrote:
She's not going to be at Gen Con to protect any of you. Just fair warning.

But I will be at PaizoCon...just fair warning.

Contributor, RPG Superstar 2010 Top 4

Michael Brock wrote:
She's not going to be at Gen Con to protect any of you. Just fair warning.

(all safe for work)

Uh oh.

Good thing I'm only going to PaizoCon.

Michael Brock wrote:
And that is Mrs. PFS.

Yessir.

I guess if you have to get the flowers, then I have to get the six pack.

:|

Silver Crusade

How do the tiers break down for the Special? We've got some slightly disparate levels in our group, all have tickets for the Special, and we'd like to try and end up at the same table.

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game Subscriber
Jon Seraph wrote:

How do the tiers break down for the Special? We've got some slightly disparate levels in our group, all have tickets for the Special, and we'd like to try and end up at the same table.

Usually the specials are tiers 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9, and 10-11. This year there's also a 12+ tier.


Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I really hope the tiers don't break down that way. I will be 2nd level by the time of the event Friday night (at GenCon), but my friend will be 3rd. We were hoping/planning on playing at the same table.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The tiers will be that way, however, you should be fine. It can accommodate a mix of levels as long as no one is more than 1 subtier away from their "natural" subtier after the table APL is calculated.

We will likely be seating "groups of 6" first at Gen Con. For smaller groups, just muster with the most likely subtier. At 2/3 you should muster with the 3-4. You should, however, be open to playing 1-2 if that's how the tables end up breaking down.


Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Actually, just calculating, I should be 3rd level by Friday night, as I am only 1 Exp. away from 2nd level. And my friend just cracked 3rd level in our last PFS session. So by Friday, I am guessing we will be 3 and 4, respectively (assuming neither of us dies). So by that time, we should be in the same tier, anyways.

Thanks.

Qadira

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Maps, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just remember that you cannot go more than one "sub-tier" away from your level. So a level 2 should not be playing in a Sub-tier 4-5 game, but would be fine in a sub-tier 3-4 game.


Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Are we referring to just ‘special’ events on these tier rules? We’ll be ok for the special event, as I should be in the same tier (3-4), but the first event we will be a couple levels apart from one another (1 and 3).

Also, the events had a large range of levels listed. It varied from 1-5, 5-9 or even above. We signed up for the 1-5 timeslots.

1 to 50 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Society Special: Race for the Runecarved Key (PFRPG) PDF All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.