Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

1001 Spells (PFRPG)

***** (based on 6 ratings)
PSICB6806

Add Hardcover/PDF Bundle: $39.99

Add PDF: $19.99

Facebook Twitter Email

Never Cast the Same Spell Twice!

1001 Spells gives you—yes, you guessed it—1001 spells, that will help you realize the vision you've had for your spellcaster.

From spells that are cast as move, swift and immediate actions to maw of the purple worm which lets you swallow your opponents whole, or just have your dragon tattoo bite him instead. 1001 Spells brings you at least a hundred spells for each level of casting, from cantrips to orisons all the way up to the world changing spells of 9th level, making your character's spellbook truly unique.

Wholly compatible with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, It also includes spell lists for the new classes that appear in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Advanced Player's Guide and Ultimate Magic. 1001 Spells adds new agonizing choices to the creation of your character's spell list and their advancement without breaking the game.

Author: Steven D. Russell
Cover Image by Hugo Solis
Pages: 285

Product Availability


Hardcover/PDF Bundle: The PDF will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase.

PDF: Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

RIP6806E


See Also:

Product Discussion (171)
51 to 100 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

And what are the data pack requirements for the Hero Lab files? Will they install and run off of the core, or are they going to require more than that without causing errors?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looking forward to getting the Hero Lab files in addition to the consolidated PDF. I am very happy to support publishers that add the Hero Lab data sets to their products. It is important to me when making purchasing decisions.

James


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So...many...spells...


KTFish7 wrote:
And what are the data pack requirements for the Hero Lab files? Will they install and run off of the core, or are they going to require more than that without causing errors?

I experienced no errors installing it, nor has anyone who tested it.


I was meaning, do we need to have bought ultimate magic data pack, bestiary 2, things like that, or will it work for those who have purchased just the core program without any extras? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to see that you are going the route of Hero Lab, and am beyond thrilled to see other 3PP's are beginning to as well, I'm just wondering what type of minimum source requirements were established when the files were created.

I have no doubt they don't cause errors, as long as the minimum requirements are met. I just want to make sure I have the minimums before I buy and install them, that's all.


KTFish7 wrote:

I was meaning, do we need to have bought ultimate magic data pack, bestiary 2, things like that, or will it work for those who have purchased just the core program without any extras? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to see that you are going the route of Hero Lab, and am beyond thrilled to see other 3PP's are beginning to as well, I'm just wondering what type of minimum source requirements were established when the files were created.

I have no doubt they don't cause errors, as long as the minimum requirements are met. I just want to make sure I have the minimums before I buy and install them, that's all.

I did not create the file, and I have everything you mentioned, so I have put the question to both the creator of the file and wolf's lair (who we sent a copy of the file back when it was first created.)

Steve.

Update: I looked back on the turn around time of In the company of monsters form when it hits the PSI warehouse to when it was in stock at the Paizo store. and it took 24 days.So if everything stays about the same (which I would not guarantee, an example of one is not statistically useful, and there is always Murphy's Law it would be in stock around Febuary 17th. (again this is a very rough estimate).

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

As of today, Alliance has it in one of its four warehouses—South. Odds are good that it will show up in West (the warehouse we usually order from) before we place our next order from South... but either way, it should only be a few days before we have it in hand.

Paizo Employee Webstore Gninja Minion

Rite Publishing has generously granted a free PDF copy of this to everybody that purchased all ten of the previous 101 Spells series. Enjoy!


Just ordered the print/pdf. The hero lab files helped me decide.


There is a problem with the hero lab file. It will not install. I can post the error messages if needed.

Andoran

I'm also getting the error when attempting to import the files into Hero Lab. I have all the official Pathfinder add-ons and also have the d20pfsrd community dataset.

Here's the error log:

Quote:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe

3.9a 279
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005faee9
Type: bad read
major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1


freeAgent wrote:

I'm also getting the error when attempting to import the files into Hero Lab. I have all the official Pathfinder add-ons and also have the d20pfsrd community dataset.

Here's the error log:

Quote:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe

3.9a 279
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005faee9
Type: bad read
major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1

I have an email into to the creator of the file and into Wolf's Lair for help.

Thanks for the heads up.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Did you try redownloading? Did you get the same error then?

Andoran

Cheapy wrote:
Did you try redownloading? Did you get the same error then?

Yup, same error. I don't know if Paizo's "customization" process that watermarks the PDFs is somehow also altering and screwing up the .hl file or if it's just bad at the source.


I've been having the same issue. Not with this file, but with the file that comes with the Dragonrider class from SGG. Basically the same error cropping up from that.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Is the Address, from the error, the same? If so, I'd guess that it's probably Hero Lab's issue...


Looks like it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
3.9a 279
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005faee9
Type: bad read
major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1

Andoran

Sethvir wrote:

Looks like it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
3.9a 279
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005faee9
Type: bad read
major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1

Do you by chance use the d20pfsrd Community Beastiary? I ask because that's the *only* custom data I have loaded into Hero Lab right now. Everything else is the official Wolf Lair data sets.


I've seen posts on ENWorld where some who've downloaded the dataset and loaded into Hero Lab - and it worked fine. So the problem could be the way Hero Lab is originally loaded on your computer. If you placed in a directory without the standard loading procedure, that could be the problem.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yea, it is probably an error on HLs end then, if I had to wager. That's with no knowledge of hero lab other than what has been posted here of course.

Assuming Sethvir's post is from Dragonrider.


Correct it is from Dragonrider and not 1001 Spells. Posted to confirm that it isn't just happening with 1001 spells. I've also had the issue with a couple of sets I have tried from the d20pfsrd community data sets collection.

I have created numerous custom data sets in Hero Lab, including most of the SGG to Feats series as well as some other one off sets of data from other source books.

Andoran

gamer-printer wrote:
I've seen posts on ENWorld where some who've downloaded the dataset and loaded into Hero Lab - and it worked fine. So the problem could be the way Hero Lab is originally loaded on your computer. If you placed in a directory without the standard loading procedure, that could be the problem.

I'm pretty sure I used all the defaults, but I don't have an issue reinstalling it just to be sure. That's what weekends are for! :)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

freeAgent wrote:
Cheapy wrote:
Did you try redownloading? Did you get the same error then?
Yup, same error. I don't know if Paizo's "customization" process that watermarks the PDFs is somehow also altering and screwing up the .hl file or if it's just bad at the source.

We don't modify that file—we just zip it up directly along with everything else.


To use this file with hero lab you just double click on it with hero lab not running. Then hero lab loads and you can install the files. There is something wrong with the file.

Taldor

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Tales Subscriber

dragonrider, slight diversion:
The Dragonrider has never worked: I've downloaded it a dozen times and tried every bit of advice, crackpot or not, that I have been given.

herolab/sgg don't seem interested in solving the problem, just telling people it isn't a problem for them so you must be doing it wrong.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
freeAgent wrote:
Cheapy wrote:
Did you try redownloading? Did you get the same error then?
Yup, same error. I don't know if Paizo's "customization" process that watermarks the PDFs is somehow also altering and screwing up the .hl file or if it's just bad at the source.
We don't modify that file—we just zip it up directly along with everything else.

I think the issue freeAgent is asking about is if you guys try to apply the customization to non-PDF files.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Ok, try dragging the files to be imported into the program's directory. So if it's in C:\Program Files\Hero Lab, put them in there to import.

Although an update just went out for this (at least on DTRPG).


Colen from Lone Wolf Development here. Sorry about the problems you guys are having with Hero Lab - can someone who is experiencing the crash please email me at colen@wolflair.com? Also, can anyone verify if the updated file Cheapy refers to fixes the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Paizo Employee Webstore Gninja Minion

Cheapy wrote:
Although an update just went out for this (at least on DTRPG).

Updated here just a little while ago.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Liz Courts wrote:
Cheapy wrote:
Although an update just went out for this (at least on DTRPG).
Updated here just a little while ago.

Yay!

I got the e-mail announcing the DTRPG update while writing that comment, hence the qualifier!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I had zero issues with the Hero Lab file, all is working well. I can't express my happiness with having this in Hero Lab. Makes my life much easier, and I can't wait to purchase more products that support Hero Lab.

VR,
James


I am having the same thing happen with the new files. I posted a few hours ago on the Lone Wolf site but have not had a response. Hero Lab works fine without these files but will not work with them.


This is the error message I posted on the Lone Wolf site

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
3.9a 279

major: 6, minor: 0, build: 6002, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 2, spmaj: 2, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005faee9
Type: bad read


Thanks to everyone for their help.

Special thanks to Colen for taking the time away from Hero Labs development to check on this.


Colen wrote:

Colen from Lone Wolf Development here. Sorry about the problems you guys are having with Hero Lab - can someone who is experiencing the crash please email me at colen@wolflair.com? Also, can anyone verify if the updated file Cheapy refers to fixes the problem?

Thanks for your help.

I sent you the same error yesterday to your email address with the error attached for the dragonrider file.

Andoran

I'm definitely getting the same error when trying to import the new files (split out by level). I attempted to import by loading the .hl files without Hero Lab started and using the Import feature from within Hero Lab. I also tried moving the files into the Hero Lab program directory and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

It sounds like some other folks have already emailed Wolf Lair, so I'll just sit tight for now.

Shadow Lodge

I'm NOT getting the error, and I'm using the single all-in-one 1001 Spells .HL file.


Well hopefully the Wolf's Lair folks can help us figure out what is causing the error. I did find out that you do need the APG and UM (because of the new spell casting classes)

I also wanted to thank Alzrius (Shane 0'Connor) for taking the time to do a review of our prouduct. 5/5 stars snoopy happy dance of joy.

Shadow Lodge

I think I'll drop the change on this tomorrow.

Andoran

I just uninstalled Hero Lab (and deleted all HL data) and reinstalled. This time I did not set up the d20pfsrd data source, so all I have are the official Wolf Lair data sets, and everything is installed to the default location. I have UM and the APG packages (as well as all others currently available).

Unfortunately, I'm still getting that error. I saw that there is now a thread on the Wolf Lair forums for this: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=17698

I sent an email to Wolf Lair and attached the 0th Level Spells file for their reference. The same error happens with every file, levels 0-9. I'm beginning to wonder if this has something to do with the OS people are running. I noticed that PathfinderFan64 is on a 64-bit OS, and so am I (Windows 7 64-bit). I'm not sure what else it could be.

Shadow Lodge

I'm using Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, and I haven't had any of these problems.


Am going to wait for the dust to settle on the Hero Lab issues before I drop the money to buy this, shame, cause I want, but I want it because of those HeroLab files, lol.

Andoran

Kthulhu wrote:
I'm using Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, and I haven't had any of these problems.

Damn, there goes that theory. Do you have all of the Pathfinder add-on content?

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Reviewed.


Thanks dark mistress.


And reviewed here, on DTRPG and sent to GMS magazine. Great to see this!


I am awaiting notification Paizo has shipped my copy and the PDF is available for me to download. I preordered this in November so it has been a long wait.

Shadow Lodge

Is this hardcover or softcover?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

At 296 pages, I sure as hell hope it's hardcover.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Cheapy wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
freeAgent wrote:
Cheapy wrote:
Did you try redownloading? Did you get the same error then?
Yup, same error. I don't know if Paizo's "customization" process that watermarks the PDFs is somehow also altering and screwing up the .hl file or if it's just bad at the source.
We don't modify that file—we just zip it up directly along with everything else.
I think the issue freeAgent is asking about is if you guys try to apply the customization to non-PDF files.

No, we don't... which is what I meant by "we don't modify that file."

Our watermarker knows what files it should and shouldn't watermark; the ones it doesn't watermark get passed unmodified into the zipping process.

51 to 100 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / 1001 Spells (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.