Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Adventures Pathfinder Campaign Setting Pathfinder Player Companion Pathfinder Accessories Pathfinder Miniatures Pathfinder Fiction Pathfinder® Society™ Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible Products Pathfinder Apparel & Gifts Pathfinder Licensed Products
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box Bash Demos (OGL) PDF

****½ (based on 3 ratings)

Our Price: FREE

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email
Four mini-adventures, specifically designed for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box. These adventures allow a GM and players to expand their experience of the Beginner Box. Each of the included adventures revolve around Sandpoint and are set in four different areas of Varisia and can be run as a sequel to Black Fang's Dungeon found in the Game Master's Guide.

Product Availability


Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

PZO1119DE


See Also:

Product Discussion (14)
Grand Lodge

Nice demos. would like to point out though that the text in the conclusion section of the Ruins pdf is cut off:

"Any PC who elaborates on the battle with the goblins receives only a slow,"

And then nothing.

What do they receive? A slow spell? A slow round of applause? A slow yawn? A slow, cooked roast followed with some delicious pie?

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Knowing goblins they would get a slow cooked dog as a special meal.

Grand Lodge

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Knowing goblins they would get a slow cooked dog as a special meal.

I see what you did there.

Actually the context is they're regaling someone else about their battle with the goblins. yum yum.


Rant about bad mechanics implementation:
"convincing them to take
the fake scepter and leave the PCs in peace if the new arrivals
can be made indifferent (they begin the encounter with an
attitude of hostile)"

DC 35 Diplomacy check. DC 25 for Hostile, add 5 to go to unfriendly, 5 to go to indifferent. I actually don't even own the Beginner's Box (thumbing through a free product oh yeah) so I don't know the leader's Cha mod, but I assume it's over 0 so the DC just goes up

Can you guys stop putting this in your adventures? Lots of this hostile->indifferent dynamic going on in the last year. It's an impossible check for most parties unless they specifically have a diplomancer character. Even as a 10th level diplomancer bard with feats and magic items raising diplomacy (feat for +4 to perform, circlet of persuasion) I still only had a +24, making this a success only on an 11. For a 10th level character!

Sorry to rant.


Strife2002 wrote:

Nice demos. would like to point out though that the text in the conclusion section of the Ruins pdf is cut off:

"Any PC who elaborates on the battle with the goblins receives only a slow,"

And then nothing.

What do they receive? A slow spell? A slow round of applause? A slow yawn? A slow, cooked roast followed with some delicious pie?

I just saw that as well.

It looks like no answer so far, eh?


BTW, what is the recommended order to play these 4 in, if any?

Also, how would they fit in if playing them with the other available modules?

"Skeleton's Crypt" (BBHH) > “Black Fang’s Dungeon" (BBGMG) > "The Deadly Mine" (PZO1119GME.pdf) > ??

Am I missing any? Thanks.

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

koakawe wrote:
Strife2002 wrote:

Nice demos. would like to point out though that the text in the conclusion section of the Ruins pdf is cut off:

"Any PC who elaborates on the battle with the goblins receives only a slow,"

And then nothing.

What do they receive? A slow spell? A slow round of applause? A slow yawn? A slow, cooked roast followed with some delicious pie?

I just saw that as well.

It looks like no answer so far, eh?

Sorry for the last sentence being cut off due to a formatting error. We'll get that fixed in short order. Thanks for the heads up.

Paizo Employee Global Organized Play Coordinator

koakawe wrote:

BTW, what is the recommended order to play these 4 in, if any?

Also, how would they fit in if playing them with the other available modules?

"Skeleton's Crypt" (BBHH) > “Black Fang’s Dungeon" (BBGMG) > "The Deadly Mine" (PZO1119GME.pdf) > ??

Am I missing any? Thanks.

These four can be played in any order. It depends on how you want to shape your game as a GM. Do you want to start in a city and move outward to the surrounding country side or vice versa? When we were designing these, we wanted to make sure you could use them in any order you see fit for your campaign.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Michael Brock wrote:
koakawe wrote:
Strife2002 wrote:

Nice demos. would like to point out though that the text in the conclusion section of the Ruins pdf is cut off:

"Any PC who elaborates on the battle with the goblins receives only a slow,"

And then nothing.

What do they receive? A slow spell? A slow round of applause? A slow yawn? A slow, cooked roast followed with some delicious pie?

I just saw that as well.

It looks like no answer so far, eh?
Sorry for the last sentence being cut off due to a formatting error. We'll get that fixed in short order. Thanks for the heads up.

Great!

But in the meanwhile can you please throw us a bone and finish the sentence while we wait for reformatting? :)

Paizo Employee Paizo Glitterati Robot

The Ruins PDF for this product has been updated.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Chris Lambertz wrote:
The Ruins PDF for this product has been updated.

You people are excellent human beings.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

By the way, for any who just want to pencil it in, the full text is:

ruins wrote:
Any PC who elaborates on the battle with the goblins receives only a slow, chagrined shake of the head from Venture-Captain Heidmarch in response.

Lantern Lodge

Noticed u can report these for society, so what do they get as cert?

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
roger Gilbert wrote:
Noticed u can report these for society, so what do they get as cert?

There is no Cert, They are reported for GM purposes only to count towards total games GMed.

Basically if you have a Beginner Box Demo at a Store or Convention you can report a Beginner Box Bash Demo for PFS GMed for every 4 hours you ran the Demo.

There is no Character credit or Boons.

Though Some Rare Demos sponsored by Paizo may have some Boons.

Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box Bash Demos (OGL) PDF All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.