Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Pathfinder Battles—Heroes & Monsters: Black Dragon Booster

****½ (based on 9 ratings)

Our Price: $19.99

Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Pathfinder Battles: Heroes & Monsters kicks off with a gout of acid and a hideous draconic scream, for the Huge Black Dragon has taken wing! Based on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box cover by fan-favorite artist Wayne Reynolds, this giant prepainted plastic miniature is sure to strike terror in the hearts of players every time it hits the game table!

The crown jewel of the Heroes & Monsters set, the Huge Black Dragon stands over 4½" tall! Produced in extremely limited quantities as a case incentive for Heroes & Monsters miniatures, the Huge Black Dragon won't be available for long!

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Battles Case Subscription.

Product Availability


Unavailable

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

WZK70486


See Also:

Product Discussion (127)
1 to 50 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Black Dragon Booster Page wrote:
Note: You must purchase one Pathfinder Battles: Heroes & Monsters Case for each Pathfinder Battles: Heroes & Monsters Black Dragon Booster you wish to purchase.

That note should be in bright red.

Does it give some kind of notice if you try to order just the black dragon?

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

There is a bright red notice in your sidecart when you click the purchase button.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Just to double check since I changed my preorder of a case to a subscription and now can't preorder the black dragon. I am guaranteed to get a black dragon when my subscription case ships as long as I included the premium option as part of the subscription, right?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Avemar wrote:
Just to double check since I changed my preorder of a case to a subscription and now can't preorder the black dragon. I am guaranteed to get a black dragon when my subscription case ships as long as I included the premium option as part of the subscription, right?

Yes.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

Avemar wrote:
Just to double check since I changed my preorder of a case to a subscription and now can't preorder the black dragon. I am guaranteed to get a black dragon when my subscription case ships as long as I included the premium option as part of the subscription, right?

My page shows the booster in my sidecart.


I was under the impression that this miniature was given as a bonus for pre-ordering a case.

Instead, pre-ordering a case allows one to purchase this? Do I have this right?

It won't influence my pre-order either way - I'm still going to get a case. I just want to know if this is correct.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Old School Gamer wrote:

I was under the impression that this miniature was given as a bonus for pre-ordering a case.

Instead, pre-ordering a case allows one to purchase this? Do I have this right?

It won't influence my pre-order either way - I'm still going to get a case. I just want to know if this is correct.

Yes, this is correct. You don't receive the black dragon for free if you buy a case. It's just an option for you to purchase if you preorder a case.


Hobbun wrote:
Old School Gamer wrote:

I was under the impression that this miniature was given as a bonus for pre-ordering a case.

Instead, pre-ordering a case allows one to purchase this? Do I have this right?

It won't influence my pre-order either way - I'm still going to get a case. I just want to know if this is correct.

Yes, this is correct. You don't receive the black dragon for free if you buy a case. It's just an option for you to purchase if you preorder a case.

Alrighty then. Thanks muchly for the prompt reply.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Old School Gamer wrote:
Hobbun wrote:
Old School Gamer wrote:

I was under the impression that this miniature was given as a bonus for pre-ordering a case.

Instead, pre-ordering a case allows one to purchase this? Do I have this right?

It won't influence my pre-order either way - I'm still going to get a case. I just want to know if this is correct.

Yes, this is correct. You don't receive the black dragon for free if you buy a case. It's just an option for you to purchase if you preorder a case.
Alrighty then. Thanks muchly for the prompt reply.

To be clear, if you are not using the subscription, and just preordering a case normally from Paizo, I believe you need to preorder the case and also choose the Black Dragon Booster (at the top of this thread).

Although I'm pretty sure if you just choose the Black Dragon Booster, it will also force you to purchase a case. But I haven't tried it myself, so I can't say for sure.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Hobbun wrote:

To be clear, if you are not using the subscription, and just preordering a case normally from Paizo, I believe you need to preorder the case and also choose the Black Dragon Booster (at the top of this thread).

Although I'm pretty sure if you just choose the Black Dragon Booster, it will also force you to purchase a case. But I haven't tried it myself, so I can't say for sure.

Yep.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game Subscriber

Is this product available to people who would like to order a case through local retail stores?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules Subscriber
Rarok Dreadwind wrote:
Is this product available to people who would like to order a case through local retail stores?

That's 100% up to the retail store in question. They will have the ability to order the dragon as part of the order but they get to decide what happens to it.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Rarok Dreadwind wrote:
Is this product available to people who would like to order a case through local retail stores?

For every case the retailer preorders before oct 1, they have the option to order one black dragon. They don't *have* to sell it to the persom buying the case, so be careful to mention you want it when you order. The Dragon doesn't have a set price, so every location would be different until the aftermarket settles down


So 41/2" tall is that a huge? I'm wondering what the base size is?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules Subscriber
zagnabbit wrote:
So 41/2" tall is that a huge? I'm wondering what the base size is?

Press release said it's a 3" base, which means Huge.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Yes, the black dragon is Huge. Technically, its name is "Huge Black Dragon."


Erik Mona wrote:

Yes, the black dragon is Huge. Technically, its name is "Huge Black Dragon."

Unimaginative parents these days.

Liberty's Edge

Is there a chance the dragon will be available sometime in the future without having a buy a whole case? I really want one, but I really cant afford to drop that kind of money on miniatures.

Paizo Employee CEO

godsDMit wrote:
Is there a chance the dragon will be available sometime in the future without having a buy a whole case? I really want one, but I really cant afford to drop that kind of money on miniatures.

There is a chance, but we won't know until sometime next year if there are any left to sell individually. Basically, no guarantees.

Lisa

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Looks like a nice sculpt. To bad it costs a car payment to get one. No thanks. This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder if I want to continue to support Paizo. Status of my subscriptions being reconsidered.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
mindgamez wrote:

Looks like a nice sculpt. To bad it costs a car payment to get one. No thanks. This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder if I want to continue to support Paizo. Status of my subscriptions being reconsidered.

This is a licensed product put out by wizkids.... not Paizo. Besides, I'm sure you will be able to get it for under $70 in the secondary market. The only way anyone can get it first hand is from preordering a case, that includes paizo.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Cpt_kirstov wrote:
mindgamez wrote:

Looks like a nice sculpt. To bad it costs a car payment to get one. No thanks. This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder if I want to continue to support Paizo. Status of my subscriptions being reconsidered.

This is a licensed product put out by wizkids.... not Paizo. Besides, I'm sure you will be able to get it for under $70 in the secondary market. The only way anyone can get it first hand is from preordering a case, that includes paizo.

Honestly don't care who forces the artificial rarity. Boils down to this. You put a product on your site I want but won't sell it to me unless I buy $275 in stuff I don't want, expect me to reassess giving you my future business.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
mindgamez wrote:
To bad it costs a car payment to get one.

Another reason to not have a car payment. :D

-Skeld


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules Subscriber
mindgamez wrote:
Honestly don't care who forces the artificial rarity. Boils down to this. You put a product on your site I want but won't sell it to me unless I buy $275 in stuff I don't want, expect me to reassess giving you my future business.

Seriously?

I don't think if it as artificially scarce. I think of it as an incentive and reward for people who can and do commit to a bulk order. That bulk order helps ensure the product-line's survival. Just because you want the reward and can't or won't afford to support the product-line doesn't make Paizo evil.

What do you think about event-participation exclusives? A shirt, pin, module, mug, pen, mini, mousepad or other doo-dad which can only be purchased by people to attend something like Paizocon. Evil? To me, it doesn't matter that I want the doo-dad. I didn't attend (ie. support) the event, so I don't get to buy the thingie.

This isn't about rarity. This product doesn't exist so it can be sold at a high price. It exists as a reward to people who have made a bulk purchase.

Don't look at it that Paizo is doing to to spite you... they're doing it to reward me. If anything, be mad at me for having the coin to drop on a bulk purchase.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Anguish wrote:
mindgamez wrote:
Stuff
What do you think about event-participation exclusives? A shirt, pin, module, mug, pen, mini, mousepad or other doo-dad which can only be purchased by people to attend something like Paizocon. Evil? To me, it doesn't matter that I want the doo-dad. I didn't attend (ie. support) the event, so I don't get to buy the thingie.

Never said EVIL. Just Disappointed. I thought might be cool to give this mini to a friend who plays pathfinder and collects dragon statues. But I can't.

Just saying don't put it on the site as an item only to add the disclaimer saying "oh by the way, you need to buy an entire case of another item to be able to order this." I get "exclusivity" but this is just poorly presented. If you have to buy something else to get it why is this on the main product page for the Battles line as a separate item.

And the scarcity is completely artificial, I assume on the part of WizKids. I refuse to believe that there is a sudden special black dragon plastic shortage. These types of products are based on the model of make the stuff people really want hard to get unless they buy the cheaper to make stuff they don't want. This is why I won't buy random packs of any product. I would pay a premium of this item if it were offered stand alone but if you don't want to sell it to me you lose that business and some respect as well. Sorry for me it is a matter of principal.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
mindgamez wrote:


Just saying don't put it on the site as an item only to add the disclaimer saying "oh by the way, you need to buy an entire case of another item to be able to order this." I get "exclusivity" but this is just poorly presented. If you have to buy something else to get it why is this on the main product page for the Battles line as a separate item.

Because 1)people can buy a case without buying the black dragon

and 2)it has a different code for them to order from the distributor, so they HAVE to put it separately so that it gets ordered correctly.

mindgamez wrote:


And the scarcity is completely artificial, I assume on the part of WizKids. I refuse to believe that there is a sudden special black dragon plastic shortage. These types of products are based on the model of make the stuff people really want hard to get unless they buy the cheaper to make stuff they don't want. This is why I won't buy random packs of any product. I would pay a premium of this item if it were offered stand alone but if you don't want to sell it to me you lose that business and some respect as well. Sorry for me it is a matter of principal.

and you will be able to buy it individually, just not here on paizo.com (at least not right away). Each retailer decides how they going to market the black dragons in their stores. Some are grouping them with the case for free, some are allowing them to be bought with the case, similar to what paizo's doing, and others are selling them individually as a separate product. If you look around, you can most likly find someo of the third group around here somewhere

Star Voter 2013

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Cpt_kirstov wrote:
others are selling them individually as a separate product. If you look around, you can most likly find someo of the third group around here somewhere

Like any local games store that plans on selling singles. I know mine ordered 2 cases w/ dragons with the plans of selling them seprately at the price ebay stabalized at.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

Isn't all product rareness artifical? (meaning man made?)

I mean, the ToH complete is rare, because the investment involved left little room for over ordering. Ptolus as one book is out of print, but the only thing stopping more from being made is cost vs. profit.

The Huge black is the same way. It is possible* that in future sets you'll have another huge black dragon, but for people who want it a) now and b) to not sort for it, the cost vs. reward analysis has to be taken into consideration. To use another recent product, I didn't have the money (or interest) to buy the VtM 20th. I was considering the PDF when Drive Thru was kind enough to put on the page they were releasing a PoD bundle. Now that I see they've revived the WoD, the cost vs. reward analysis of buying more WoD products has changed for me, making VtM 20, WtA 20 etc more tempting.

The black dragon is priced at a certain point. That you don't want to meet that point means either a) you wait to see if the secondary market will meet your CvB expectations or b) you do without.

It's a black dragon after all, not food, water, or shelter.

*

Spoiler:
Note posssible means, "Matthew is making idle speculation, but really has no clue. I'm old enough to remember when Magic was going to be a fad after all ;-)

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Matthew Morris wrote:

The black dragon is priced at a certain point. That you don't want to meet that point means either a) you wait to see if the secondary market will meet your CvB expectations or b) you do without.

It's a black dragon after all, not food, water, or shelter.

*** spoiler omitted **

REALLY???

I am well aware I can live without this mini. I was pointing out that in my opinion you shouldn't put an item up for sale when you won't sell it without bundling it with another, vastly more expensive item.

And I am willing to meet the price point advertised except they won't sell this item at that price. Don't mark something at $14.99 if you have to get something for $274.99 to qualify to buy it. Bad Practice and I expect better from Paizo.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Matthew Morris wrote:
I'm old enough to remember when Magic was going to be a fad after all ;-)

You and me both. I remember when a friend came to me and said "Look at this new card game, it's really fun." And proceeded to show me his Beta deck with his Black Lotus and Timewalk. Innocent at the time. What do I do, I shrug it off. "Oh, looks alright." Didn't give it a second thought and didn't play for quite a few years.

Don't know how many times I've wished I listened to my friend at the time. If I knew then what I do now, would have gone out and bought Beta booster boxes by the case. Ah well.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

Hobbun wrote:
Matthew Morris wrote:
I'm old enough to remember when Magic was going to be a fad after all ;-)

You and me both. I remember when a friend came to me and said "Look at this new card game, it's really fun." And proceeded to show me his Beta deck with his Black Lotus and Timestop. Innocent at the time. What do I do, I shrug it off. "Oh, looks alright." Didn't give it a second thought and didn't play for quite a few years.

Don't know how many times I've wished I listened to my friend at the time. If I knew then what I do now, would have gone out and bought Beta booster boxes by the case. Ah well.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

My partner Donna had an Alpha set before I knew her. Her and her husband were really big in Magic before he got sick.

Funny story. the last Origins we went to, I couldn't get the Donna to stand beside the Pikachu for a picture (Donna was about 5' nothing) When one of the Pokemon demo people came up offering to teach us, I told her, "Back! I just got her cured from a 10 year Magic addicition! I don't need a card relapse!"

I got hit.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

mindgamez wrote:
bla blah blah

*looks at the rest of Matthew's original post, which was ignored*

*looks at the successful model WK has been doing with their buy the brick campaign, sees it duplicated here*
*backs away slowly, understanding there's no point continuing this 'conversation'.*


Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Maps, Modules, Tales Subscriber
mindgamez wrote:
Matthew Morris wrote:

The black dragon is priced at a certain point. That you don't want to meet that point means either a) you wait to see if the secondary market will meet your CvB expectations or b) you do without.

It's a black dragon after all, not food, water, or shelter.

*** spoiler omitted **

REALLY???

I am well aware I can live without this mini. I was pointing out that in my opinion you shouldn't put an item up for sale when you won't sell it without bundling it with another, vastly more expensive item.

And I am willing to meet the price point advertised except they won't sell this item at that price. Don't mark something at $14.99 if you have to get something for $274.99 to qualify to buy it. Bad Practice and I expect better from Paizo.

They will sell it individually (at $15, presumably) if they don't receive enough subscription orders to exhaust their stock prior to the first set being shipped.


Anguish wrote:


What do you think about event-participation exclusives? A shirt, pin, module, mug, pen, mini, mousepad or other doo-dad which can only be purchased by people to attend something like Paizocon.

I once wanted that cute mug from some company. They "gave it away". By "give away" I mean "Force you to travel many hundreds of kilometres at a very specific date and visit this shindig they were having, AND paying for admission." Just to get the mug.

Needless to say I never bought anything from those bastards. I'm entitled to get anything I want!


Matthew Morris wrote:
Isn't all product rareness artifical? (meaning man made?)

Yeah. It's not as if we were talking about diamonds or anything! ;-)

Star Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I just got my store account credit and was trying to get the black dragon with my subscription, but it shows at around 68$, including the 75% discount!! Is this a store problem or is it really the new price?

Paizo Employee PostMonster General

This is a bug we hope to have fixed soon.

Star Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Gary Teter wrote:
This is a bug we hope to have fixed soon.

Does that means that I'll be able to get a black dragon with my order at the same price it was before October 1st?

Paizo Employee PostMonster General

We've fixed the bug and I've poked your shopping cart. The black dragon is displaying the correct price now ($3.75).

Star Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Gary Teter wrote:
We've fixed the bug and I've poked your shopping cart. The black dragon is displaying the correct price now ($3.75).

Just saw that, thanks! trying to finalized my order, but i can't apply my store credit correctly... any idea? It will only let me use part of my credit. just enough in fact to pay for handling and shipping. but i can't use it to pay for the actual items.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

KaeYoss wrote:
Matthew Morris wrote:
Isn't all product rareness artifical? (meaning man made?)
Yeah. It's not as if we were talking about diamonds or anything! ;-)

Touche. Though there are some interesting articles about synthetic diamonds.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Dire Care Bear Manager

Perignan wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
We've fixed the bug and I've poked your shopping cart. The black dragon is displaying the correct price now ($3.75).
Just saw that, thanks! trying to finalized my order, but i can't apply my store credit correctly... any idea? It will only let me use part of my credit. just enough in fact to pay for handling and shipping. but i can't use it to pay for the actual items.

Store credit gets used on subscriptions in a slightly different manner than regular orders. For using store credit on a subscription like this, check out like normal and then visit your My Subscription page and make sure the little box for "use store credit on subscriptions" is checked. Checking that box will apply any available store credit to your subscription shipments.

Now, the tricky part is if you have other Paizo subscriptions which the store credit might be used on before the minis might ship (since the minis are much further spread out over time than other subs). But that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Star Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Sara Marie wrote:
Perignan wrote:
Gary Teter wrote:
We've fixed the bug and I've poked your shopping cart. The black dragon is displaying the correct price now ($3.75).
Just saw that, thanks! trying to finalized my order, but i can't apply my store credit correctly... any idea? It will only let me use part of my credit. just enough in fact to pay for handling and shipping. but i can't use it to pay for the actual items.

Store credit gets used on subscriptions in a slightly different manner than regular orders. For using store credit on a subscription like this, check out like normal and then visit your My Subscription page and make sure the little box for "use store credit on subscriptions" is checked. Checking that box will apply any available store credit to your subscription shipments.

Now, the tricky part is if you have other Paizo subscriptions which the store credit might be used on before the minis might ship (since the minis are much further spread out over time than other subs). But that's a whole other kettle of fish.

I try that (checking the box) but it still doesn't show. However, i have not completed my order. I just went a bit ahead to see if it would apply but it didn't. I'm gonna try to go ahead and see.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Dire Care Bear Manager

It's not going to show on the subscription until we are processing it for shipping. This is because you might choose to use the store credit for something else between now and when the subscription ships. Sorry for any confusion.

Star Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Sara Marie wrote:
It's not going to show on the subscription until we are processing it for shipping. This is because you might choose to use the store credit for something else between now and when the subscription ships. Sorry for any confusion.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I was mostly confuse by the fact that i could use only a part of it.

Now i just have to wait for December to arrive :)

Liberty's Edge

mindgamez wrote:
Looks like a nice sculpt. To bad it costs a car payment to get one. No thanks. This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder if I want to continue to support Paizo. Status of my subscriptions being reconsidered.
Cpt_kirstov wrote:
This is a licensed product put out by wizkids.... not Paizo. Besides, I'm sure you will be able to get it for under $70 in the secondary market. The only way anyone can get it first hand is from preordering a case, that includes paizo.
mindgamez wrote:
Honestly don't care who forces the artificial rarity. Boils down to this. You put a product on your site I want but won't sell it to me unless I buy $275 in stuff I don't want, expect me to reassess giving you my future business.

So, if a web site that carries literally thousands of items carries one that you don't like, you're going to pick up your dice and go home?

You, sir, are aptly named.

Dark Archive

Matthew Morris wrote:
I'm old enough to remember when Magic was going to be a fad after all ;-)

I still consider it a fad. Crazy kids and their devil cards...

;-)

1 to 50 of 127 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Battles—Heroes & Monsters: Black Dragon Booster All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.