Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Book of the River Nations: Complete Player's Reference for Kingdom Building (PFRPG) PDF

****½ (based on 10 ratings)

Our Price: $5.95

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

This is the complete player's reference to Kingdom Building organizes all the rules players (and GMs) need to explore new lands, build nations, and defend against invading armies consolidated into one easy to reference tome. Starting with rules included in the Kingmaker Adventure Path, this volume expands every aspect of kingdom building and mass combat and delivers new feats, spells and class options to give PCs the edge in conquering and ruling their own corner of the world.

This book compiles information from Book of the River Nations: Exploration and Kingdom Building, Feats, Spells and Secret Societies and Mass Combat.

Your PDF download now also includes a HeroLab data file!

Product Availability


Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

JBE0305E


See Also:

Product Discussion (252)
1 to 50 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Now Available for Preorder. Expected in May 2011. 48 pages. This book combines all three pdf Book of the River Nations supplements into one handy book and includes new material. Plus it comes with Jon Brazer Enterprises' PDF Guarantee.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hmm how about the people that bought the first three books? Will the new stuff by up for them? I mean i would be interested in the new stuff but not if I had to rebuy everything again.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Hmm how about the people that bought the first three books? Will the new stuff by up for them? I mean i would be interested in the new stuff but not if I had to rebuy everything again.

We're still figuring out exactly how to handle that. We have to talk to Paizo on our options.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Now with the pretty cover image. The artist did a wonderful job.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Now with the pretty cover image. The artist did a wonderful job.

Nice cover.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Is this going to include any of the Book of Beasts for the River Nations, or is it just the three kingdom and exploration expansions?

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Does this include the new book of feats you recently came out with? Asking cause if it does. i will likely wait on the feats books then. Would make this not as bad to buy.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

This will include the exploration, kingdom building, mass combat, feats, spells and secret societies sections as well as an expansion to the kingdom building, mass combat, and secret societies (archetypes and PrCs) sections.

Sorry Kvantum, no monsters inside.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Is this going to be print only? Or will you be offering a PDF too? and/or a print/PDF combo pack?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Is this going to be print only? Or will you be offering a PDF too? and/or a print/PDF combo pack?

It'll be available as a Print/PDF combo and as PDF.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:

This will include the exploration, kingdom building, mass combat, feats, spells and secret societies sections as well as an expansion to the kingdom building, mass combat, and secret societies (archetypes and PrCs) sections.

Sorry Kvantum, no monsters inside.

's cool. Just wondering which one(s) I still need to pick up in addition to this.


Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Is this going to be print only? Or will you be offering a PDF too? and/or a print/PDF combo pack?
It'll be available as a Print/PDF combo and as PDF.

I'll keep a watchful eye for when the Print/PDF combo is available as...

Dale McCoy Jr wrote:

This will include the exploration, kingdom building, mass combat, feats, spells and secret societies sections as well as an expansion to the kingdom building, mass combat, and secret societies (archetypes and PrCs) sections.

Sorry Kvantum, no monsters inside.

...this will work fine for me as I only possess the monsters book.


Hope there is decent new material, as I already have the three sections currently offered, but I'd buy the physical book anyway for use at the gaming table. PDF printouts just aren't the same as a book.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

bittergeek wrote:
Hope there is decent new material, as I already have the three sections currently offered, but I'd buy the physical book anyway for use at the gaming table. PDF printouts just aren't the same as a book.

the 3 PDFs come to about 38 pages when laid out for the book (after consolidating things like title and OGL pages) the remaining pages are going to contain new material. I'm finishing the magic item section tonight (magic crowns and kingly jewelry). we've expanded the farming section to allow for different options. Plus we added castle customizations. Just to name a few additions for the print book.

Cheliax

For those who have the pdfs, could you tell me a little about the content? Basically, what makes these products unique against, well, Golarion :-)

Sell me on...the River Nations!

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

joela wrote:

For those who have the pdfs, could you tell me a little about the content? Basically, what makes these products unique against, well, Golarion :-)

Sell me on...the River Nations!

Its not a setting. Its the Kingmaker Exploration, Kingdom Building, and Mass Combat rules expanded. The expansions include new buildings, new kingdom events, inclusion of how mass combat spells work, GMing advice, and more. Plus there are Feats, Spells, Prestige Classes, archetypes and now magic items to enhance any type of kingdom building campaign.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

BTW are you going to offer a PDF of this collected set?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Dark_Mistress wrote:
BTW are you going to offer a PDF of this collected set?

Yep! The PDF will be available around the same time as the print. Maybe a few days earlier but it'll be days before, not weeks.

And everyone that buys a print book will get a PDF for free!

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
BTW are you going to offer a PDF of this collected set?

Yep! The PDF will be available around the same time as the print. Maybe a few days earlier but it'll be days before, not weeks.

And everyone that buys a print book will get a PDF for free!

Yeah I already asked that, I had just forgotten and didn't bother to look at my own post earlier up the thread. *sigh*

So instead I'll ask, know about when this will be for sale?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Dark_Mistress wrote:


So instead I'll ask, know about when this will be for sale?

May is my best guess. Lot of things can make a date shift and at current I don't have enough experience to make a better guess.

Cheliax

Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:


So instead I'll ask, know about when this will be for sale?
May is my best guess. Lot of things can make a date shift and at current I don't have enough experience to make a better guess.

Available to order via FLGS?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

joela wrote:
Available to order via FLGS?

Yep.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Vic Wertz wrote:
joela wrote:
Available to order via FLGS?
Yep.

Also, you still get a free PDF when you purchase through your FLGS. If they take part in Bit and Mortar, your FLGS can give you the PDF, otherwise JonBrazer.com can let you know how to get it.


Still see this for Preorder. Any closer to an anticipated date? =)

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Urizen wrote:
Still see this for Preorder. Any closer to an anticipated date? =)

We're getting the test print in this week. Once we make adjustments and ship it off for the full print, we'll have a better idea.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

I didn't do a good job of explaining, so let me do better. When I get the test print back, I may need to make some minor changes or I may need tomake an overhaul. That could be 24 hours or two weeks. I think it will be on the low end, but I don't know for sure.

Then there is the print run. The first print run for the Book of Beasts was at the printer for more than a month. I don't use that printer anymore. This printer was had faster turn around times but I am cautious for other reasons.

All signs right now are pointing it to come out mid May. If things go smoothly, it could even be early May. If things take longer than expected... I might be praying for enough copies to take to PaizoCon. But for doom and gloom scenarios, I'm relatively confident it'll out in mid May.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

And... Preordered!

Osirion

So to reask the question, for those who have bought the 3 separate PDFs, will they receive updates from this new book? Or will one have to buy this book?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Masika wrote:
So to reask the question, for those who have bought the 3 separate PDFs, will they receive updates from this new book? Or will one have to buy this book?

I'd like to be able to give you a solid answer on that one. All I can say at the moment is that I am working on it. As soon as I have a solid answer one way or the other I'll be sure to say so.

Osirion

Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Masika wrote:
So to reask the question, for those who have bought the 3 separate PDFs, will they receive updates from this new book? Or will one have to buy this book?
I'd like to be able to give you a solid answer on that one. All I can say at the moment is that I am working on it. As soon as I have a solid answer one way or the other I'll be sure to say so.

Thanks for getting back quickly. I look forward to your answer.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Just a quick update: The book went to the printer this morning (about 5 minutes ago to be exact)!!!! I'm hoping it'll be back from the printer within a week. If so, expect to see it at Paizo (and your local game store) 2-3 weeks from now. If it takes longer at the printer ... it'll take longer to get out.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Preview week for the Book of the River Nations: Complete Player's Reference for Kingdom Building has begun. Today, download wallpaper for your computer monitor and see the whole cover of this beautiful book.

Andoran

Cool! Can't wait for this one!

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Preview Week for the Book of the River Nations continues with the Table of Contents.


How come this is now unavailable for pre-order?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
How come this is now unavailable for pre-order?

I believe Paizo is currently in the process of switching it over from Pre-Order print book to pre-order print/pdf bundle.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Looking forward to this, as my Kingmaker campaign is starting next week!


Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Twin Agate Dragons wrote:
How come this is now unavailable for pre-order?
I believe Paizo is currently in the process of switching it over from Pre-Order print book to pre-order print/pdf bundle.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Today we start delving into the very heart of the book. Find out what is new and exciting in the Kingdom Building section.


Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Today we start delving into the very heart of the book. Find out what is new and exciting in the Kingdom Building section.

Ooh, I love the new ideas you have listed there for developing open lands and castles, especially given that one of the first things I'd ever do in a Kingmaker campaign would be to claim the Stag Lord's castle for my very own.

Any chance of rules for how to set up your own harem? (I'm kidding, I'm kidding...)

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Looking for magic items fit for a king? Check out today's preview.


I'm liking the looks of this. I've got a couple of applications in mind for this already. :thumbsup:


I want to get this and the monster book... when I get the spare cash.

Andoran

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I just hope its available for my next order from Paizo which will be in the next week or so. Any chance? It looks awesome.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Kalraan wrote:
I just hope its available for my next order from Paizo which will be in the next week or so. Any chance? It looks awesome.

The book left the printer today. So next week is a likely possibility.

Andoran

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Veryy cool. I guess my next question is when will Paizo update it so that I can pre-order it?

Andoran

Kalraan wrote:
Veryy cool. I guess my next question is when will Paizo update it so that I can pre-order it?

Ditto.

I definitely want it but there is no button to add it to my cart

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Finishing off the Book of the River Nations: Complete Player's Reference for Kingdom Building preview week, we talk about the PDF Guarantee and we definitively answer the question about those that purchased the three separate Book of the River Nations PDFs. Check it out!

Cheliax

Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Finishing off the Book of the River Nations: Complete Player's Reference for Kingdom Building preview week, we talk about the PDF Guarantee and we definitively answer the question about those that purchased the three separate Book of the River Nations PDFs. Check it out!

Coolio.

"Odd angle"?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

joela wrote:
"Odd angle"?

Anything other than straight up and down and directly a the camera. You know, tilted a bit to the side, not directly at the camera. Just something so you didn't copy the picture directly from the website and stick it in a photo of you.

1 to 50 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Book of the River Nations: Complete Player's Reference for Kingdom Building (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Top Sellers
JBE0305E
1. Book of the River Nations: Complete Player's Reference for Kingdom Building (PFRPG)
****½ (based on 10 ratings)

Our Price: $5.95

Add to Cart

2. Book of the River Nations: Mass Combat (PFRPG) PDF
3. Book of the River Nations: Exploration and Kingdom Building (PFRPG) PDF
4. Book of Beasts: Monsters of the River Nations (PFRPG)

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.