Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Book of the River Nations: Complete Player's Reference for Kingdom Building (PFRPG) PDF

****½ (based on 10 ratings)

Our Price: $5.95

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

This is the complete player's reference to Kingdom Building organizes all the rules players (and GMs) need to explore new lands, build nations, and defend against invading armies consolidated into one easy to reference tome. Starting with rules included in the Kingmaker Adventure Path, this volume expands every aspect of kingdom building and mass combat and delivers new feats, spells and class options to give PCs the edge in conquering and ruling their own corner of the world.

This book compiles information from Book of the River Nations: Exploration and Kingdom Building, Feats, Spells and Secret Societies and Mass Combat.

Your PDF download now also includes a HeroLab data file!

Product Availability


Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

JBE0305E


See Also:

Product Discussion (252)
201 to 250 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Thanks Dale. I would have ruled that it must be claimed, but it is good to have an "official" answer,

-- david
Papa.DRB


The Book of the River Nations doubles the width of hexes (and quadruples the area of hexes).

The Kingmaker book said 12 miles from corner to corner (or 6 miles a side). James Jacobs once clarified this as 12 miles center-to-center (Approximately 7 miles a side). Both of these are much less than The Book of the River Nations' statement of 12 miles to a side.

This causes conflict with the Pathfinder overland travel rules (basically doubles the speed of travel), whereas the Kingmaker version is a mere simplification of the overland travel rules.

The Book of the River Nations also misrepresents the size of The Stolen Lands as larger than Washington State, whereas its supposed to be about the size of Maine. It also makes city districts seem like they take up much less space in a hex than they really do.

In other words, this small mistake "breaks" a lot of the assumptions that go into the Kingmaker AP.

Any chance of fixing this in the PDF?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Gamemonger wrote:

The Book of the River Nations doubles the width of hexes (and quadruples the area of hexes).

The Kingmaker book said 12 miles from corner to corner (or 6 miles a side). James Jacobs once clarified this as 12 miles center-to-center (Approximately 7 miles a side). Both of these are much less than The Book of the River Nations' statement of 12 miles to a side.

This causes conflict with the Pathfinder overland travel rules (basically doubles the speed of travel), whereas the Kingmaker version is a mere simplification of the overland travel rules.

The Book of the River Nations also misrepresents the size of The Stolen Lands as larger than Washington State, whereas its supposed to be about the size of Maine. It also makes city districts seem like they take up much less space in a hex than they really do.

In other words, this small mistake "breaks" a lot of the assumptions that go into the Kingmaker AP.

Any chance of fixing this in the PDF?

This was asked upthread I said then that I was not going to. There are several reasons why. I don't know if I shared them all in one place before so I'll share them all here:

1) It doesn't change any of the actual game mechanics itself. The travel time table is identical to the one in the Adventure. If you want to change that for your home game it makes no difference to the game itself. None. If you want to change it for your own game, rest assured that your game experience will not change. Just like the actual population number, no mechanics are actually dependent upon the size of the hex or the area of the kingdom. Simply the number of hexes your kingdom occupies.

2) This is not a slam on Paizo or anyone that works there but I do not believe that anyone there is either a mathematician or civil engineer. Infact their open calls for game designers/developers typically calls for an english or a history degree. (I'm an engineer by day job and by degree.) The way you calculate area of a hexagon is to measure a side. So my natural assumption was that the 12 miles corner to corner was that it was a typo and they actually meant 12 miles per side. Jacobs clarification came after (or atleast I didn't hear about it until after) the book had already gone to print (and mathematically speaking, you don't measure the distance between points A and B to get something that B has nothing to do with, it is poor mathematics). Before it went to print, however, I ran through ALOT of calculation models before publishing the book (including models with 6 mile sides and 7 mile sides, because I did question exactly what they meant) and I found that the 12 mile sided hex worth of farms was closer to providing the consumption reduction (the actual number was like 11.6 something miles, IIRC). Mind you, the calculations assumed alot of things that simply aren't true like the growth rate was constant from year to year and all farmers were equally skilled, but it is as historically accurate as I can make it. That was the same reason why I switched the Warden and the Marshall, historical accuracy.

3) The Book of the River Nations has sold over 1000 copies. There are only 2 other Pathfinder Compatible books that I know of that have also passed that threshold (Tome of Horrors Complete and Psionics Unleashed).

There are simply to many copies of the book out there for me to invalidate for something that neither is historically accurate nor changes the way the game is played. If there ever is a second edition of the book, we are on the list of things to look at, but that will depend on if any future books use the kingdom building rules (*cough*Shadowsfall*cough) and their relative popularity and so forth. All I can say that we'll see. But for this version, the way it is is the way it is.


Your reply is much appreciated, and your product is excellent overall. The consumption reduction per land area is a very interesting point, and the historical accuracy is appreciated. However there is one point I want to clarify in response.

Dale McCoy Jr wrote:


1) It doesn't change any of the actual game mechanics itself. The travel time table is identical to the one in the Adventure. If you want to change that for your home game it makes no difference to the game itself. None. If you want to change it for your own game, rest assured that your game experience will not change. Just like the actual population number, no mechanics are actually dependent upon the size of the hex or the area of the kingdom. Simply the number of hexes your kingdom occupies.

If this didn't affect game mechanics I wouldn't have brought it up.

The size of the hex does affect a core Pathfinder game mechanic: that of overland movement, from chapter 7 of the Core Rulebook. The travel time table is based on overland movement.

If you double the distance across a hex while keeping the travel table, you must change at least one core pathfinder rule. Either characters are able to walk for 16 hours a day instead of 8 (without taking forced march penalties), or they are able to hustle for 8 hours without issue. This has ripple effects on a variety of spells and abilities that alter overland travel abilities in various ways.

This does change the game experience, and for Kingmaker where overland travel is so important, it's a big change.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
if any future books use the kingdom building rules (*cough*Shadowsfall*cough)

Oh, now this is interesting!

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Gamemonger wrote:
The size of the hex does affect a core Pathfinder game mechanic: that of overland movement, from chapter 7 of the Core Rulebook. The travel time table is based on overland movement.

While true, the AP assumes you use the travel table on page 3 of the Book of the River Nations. That table was not changed from the core AP.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that these rules were built with more hand-wave-ism and less analysis in mind. For example, no matter how big a hex is, it takes the exact same amount of time to cross a hex whether you are following one edge of a hex or if you're going from the top corner to the bottom corner. The second distance is twice as long as the first but the travel time remains the same.

Another example: the mass combat rules for traveling across a hex are the same regardless of the army size. Militaries know that larger units move slower than smaller units. But in the mass combat rules, a unit made up of the same kind soldiers moves at the same speed regardless of size.

Short of the long, the rules really do break down if you look at them too closely. They work well if a certain level of abstraction, but if you analyze them to much, the duct tape holding it all together is going to show. While the original rule (I'm sure) were built with Chapter 7 in mind, I believe you are using more scrutiny than the rules were meant to withstand.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Alzrius wrote:
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
if any future books use the kingdom building rules (*cough*Shadowsfall*cough)
Oh, now this is interesting!

Sorry, I had a little cough in my throat. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I've just made available the Kingdom-Building Log/Calculator I created based upon these rules. To ensure broad compatibility, the format is MS Excel 2003.

If any of you find it useful, or have any bugs to report, please do so in the following thread:
Laithoron's Kingdom-Building Log

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Thank you for sharing.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Happy to do so. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Gamemonger wrote:
The size of the hex does affect a core Pathfinder game mechanic: that of overland movement, from chapter 7 of the Core Rulebook. The travel time table is based on overland movement.

While true, the AP assumes you use the travel table on page 3 of the Book of the River Nations. That table was not changed from the core AP.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that these rules were built with more hand-wave-ism and less analysis in mind. For example, no matter how big a hex is, it takes the exact same amount of time to cross a hex whether you are following one edge of a hex or if you're going from the top corner to the bottom corner. The second distance is twice as long as the first but the travel time remains the same.

Dale, while people running the Kingmaker AP can hand-wave the difference because the travel times are posted, those travel times assume the smaller hex size. They may still not be 100% accurate, because of the difference in how the hex size was described (12 miles across side-to-side vs. corner-to-corner), but they are much closer than the size your product describes (12 mile side length).

The issue is not people running the Kingmaker AP.. it is people trying to use your rules to generate their own material.

Is there room to hand-wave? Sure. Will all GMs agree that it is ok to hand-wave that much difference? No. The AP-described sizes (both versions) are more consistent with the Core Rulebook, and so are "better" in that sense. Your measurement effectively doubles speeds for land movement. +/- 5%, even 10%, is not so bad... but 100%? That can be a problem for some games.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

The only thing I can say is that Rule Zero still applies. If you do not feel it works for your game, change it to whatever you desire it to be. All I can say that it is mechanically independent of the rules and will change nothing else of game experience if you change it to any other size as long as the travel time table does not change.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

I can vouch for the differences between hex travel/exploration times and the actual size of a hex having no appreciable affect on game-play.

We've been using the BotRN kingdom building rules for quite a while now, and any discrepancy between hex sizes and travel/exploration times has never come up, despite everyone having a printed copy of the rules for their own personal reference. As Dale says, it's not a big deal.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Alzrius wrote:

I can vouch for the differences between hex travel/exploration times and the actual size of a hex having no appreciable affect on game-play.

We've been using the BotRN kingdom building rules for quite a while now, and any discrepancy between hex sizes and travel/exploration times has never come up, despite everyone having a printed copy of the rules for their own personal reference. As Dale says, it's not a big deal.

ditto...

-- david
Papa.DRB

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

I just want to say thank you to John Benbo for his wonderful review where he called this book "Indispensable!" Thank you kind sir!

Grand Lodge

So this is a expansion of the rules in kingmaker ap?I dont own kingmaker but i was considering buying the first one for their kingdom rules.Does your book include all fo those rulles and expand on them or?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

fasthd97 wrote:

So this is a expansion of the rules in kingmaker ap?I dont own kingmaker but i was considering buying the first one for their kingdom rules.Does your book include all fo those rulles and expand on them or?

Correct. You do not need the adventure paths at all for these rules. They contain everything you need to run an exploration and kingdom building game. The original so ruled are included and are expanded upon.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

I just want to say thank you to Gregg Helmberger for an awesome 5-Star Review! Thank you for the kind words!

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Beside the heartfelt congratulations for the 2.500th copy of "Book of the River Nations" sold were I have to sign in blood to get this?

"So before I make that announcement, I would like welcome E. Steev Ramsdell into the Jon Brazer Enterprises’ family. He will be in charge of creating Hero Lab files for all Jon Brazer Enterprises’ products, insuring that JBE’s products integrate as seamlessly as possible into your game. The first project he has nearly completed is the Feats, Spells, Archetypes Prestige Classes and Magic Items from the Book of the River Nations: Complete Player’s Reference for Kingdom Building. Please help us give Steev a warm welcome into RPG programming."

Best wishes to E. Steev Ramsdell too.

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I see the download has been updated today with the Hero lab files.
Great job Dale and Steev, but where is the proud annumcment of this accomplishment?

Thanks for the continual support, I have purchased the printed copy as a thank you, I had already purchased the PDF but I feel that we own something more to your and your crew. And it is a small step in the direction of the 5.000 copiues sold.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Diego Rossi wrote:
Great job Dale and Steev, but where is the proud annumcment of this accomplishment?

Making the rounds now. ;)

link

Jon Brazer Enterprises is proud to announce that the Book of the River Nations: Complete Players' Reference for Kingdom Building now includes the hero lab file for all character options.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Check it out, the picture of the new cover is up.


Thanks for the updated PDF. I just gave it a quick look-through, and offer these editing critiques in the spirit of tidiness. Otherwise, I'm quite impressed with the utility of the content.

Page 5
Kingdom Building
"Regardless of whether the players conquer an existing nation or they start their own in an uninhabited land, it is now the players' job to run that nation.”

Page 11
Magic Item Availability
"(strike)Although these(/strike)These items tend to be of a somewhat random nature, as new items are found or created and enter the economy."

Page 13
"Town Commons (4 BP): A public venue for edicts, gallows, gossip, town criers, wanted posters and flee flea markets. +1 Loyalty."

Page 14
"Mine (6 BP): A series of tunnels following the lode vein (salt, gems, mineral),."

Page 15, 2nd full paragraph, last sentence:
"The monthly BP paid helps to spread the cost of the major festivals over an entire year and sponsors additional smaller festivals, which is reflected in monthly Loyalty and Consumption."
Accident, last sentence:
"The hex does not provide any benefit this month while the workers are mourned and new workers are being trained."
Bad weather: Dubious usage -- I can't be sure it's wrong but I find "torrential winds" troubling. I associate "torrential" with water, not air. I'd suggest you use "gale-force winds" or "damaging winds" instead.

Page 18, last paragraph, 2nd sentence:
"The players should (strike)be(/strike) learn the art of kingdom building at the same time as their characters".
Last paragraph, next-to-last sentence:
"As you reward what you feel are their good choices, make their mistakes have equal consequences."

Page 19, Mass Combat, 1st paragraph:
"When fighting a war, the PCs' nation will need an army at their command."
The Army Stat Block, 2nd sentence:
"Here are the various parts of the stat block and what they mean."

Page 20, Tactics
"Close Quarters. The army is used to fighting in tight spaces, be it narrow terrain, inside ships or in underground tunnels."

Page 21, Fortification Builders, last sentence:
"This resource requires a smith to be in the city this resource is added."
Healing Potions, last sentence:
"This resource requires a shrine, temple, or cathedral to be in the city this resource is added."
"Shields (1 BP): This army possesses shields to help guard against ranged attacks. Units equipped with shields gain a +2 DV against ranged weapons. This resource requires a mill (did you mean smith??) to be in the city this resource is added."

Page 23, Training Armies, last paragraph:
"The maximum size army a kingdom can (strike)get(/strike) train is limited by the kingdom's size and the buildings in a city."
Vassal Armies, 1st paragraph, last sentence:
"The PCs' nation is still required to fund the vassal army's Constitution."

Page 28, Game Mastering Notes, 4th paragraph, 2nd sentence:
"Allow your players the chance to express their concerns while running them through a sample combat or two until they get used to the rules."
6th paragraph, 3rd sentence:
"mileux --> milieu (or possibly milieux if plural)"

Page 31, Perceptive Explorer:
"You know how to find the best vantage points and are an expert at reading the lay of the land, allowing you to speed up your exploration.

Page 33, Cover Scent.
"The affected creature can only be detected by the scent ability at half the normal distance."

Page 40, Monks of the Green Leaf, second paragraph:
"A typical monk of the green leaf finds cities to be confusing and farms to be out of balance with nature."
Elemental Fist (SU), next to last sentence:
"Starting at 4th level, a monk may spend 1 point from his ki pool to make one additional Elemental Fist attack."

Page 41, Broach of Kingly Protection
The word you are looking for here is "brooch", not "broach".

Page 42, Statue of the Learned Scholar
Here you want "poring", not "pouring" (unless he's wetting the books down with something).


Dale - I have a question about the open space stuff.

I just noticed that Aqueducts require being connected to a river, but reservoirs seem to be required be built in a hex with a body of water and allow you to build an aqueduct from there. Specifically, it's the "a natural lake or other body of water in a hex" part of the Reservoir description which makes it sound like there needs to be an existing (map-level) river or lake.

I see two possible ways to reconcile this
A) You have to build a reservoir on a river in order to build any aqueducts - change "connected to a river" in the aqueduct description to "connected to a reservoir"
B) Reservoirs are built on hexes without major bodies of water in order to start an aqueduct from them - add the word "minor" to the above quote.

Which is the intended behavior?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Bobson wrote:

Dale - I have a question about the open space stuff.

I just noticed that Aqueducts require being connected to a river, but reservoirs seem to be required be built in a hex with a body of water and allow you to build an aqueduct from there. Specifically, it's the "a natural lake or other body of water in a hex" part of the Reservoir description which makes it sound like there needs to be an existing (map-level) river or lake.

I see two possible ways to reconcile this
A) You have to build a reservoir on a river in order to build any aqueducts - change "connected to a river" in the aqueduct description to "connected to a reservoir"
B) Reservoirs are built on hexes without major bodies of water in order to start an aqueduct from them - add the word "minor" to the above quote.

Which is the intended behavior?

No, reservoirs are map level major bodies of water. You are funding their protection and maintenance, like getting dead animals out. If you want to connect an aqueduct to a res, that works.

At this point, it doesn't look like I'm going to be reprinting the book of the river nations. There have been several ap's since kingmaker so reprinting does not make much sense at this point. If you want a print book grab it while supplies last.


Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Bobson wrote:

Dale - I have a question about the open space stuff.

I just noticed that Aqueducts require being connected to a river, but reservoirs seem to be required be built in a hex with a body of water and allow you to build an aqueduct from there. Specifically, it's the "a natural lake or other body of water in a hex" part of the Reservoir description which makes it sound like there needs to be an existing (map-level) river or lake.

I see two possible ways to reconcile this
A) You have to build a reservoir on a river in order to build any aqueducts - change "connected to a river" in the aqueduct description to "connected to a reservoir"
B) Reservoirs are built on hexes without major bodies of water in order to start an aqueduct from them - add the word "minor" to the above quote.

Which is the intended behavior?

No, reservoirs are map level major bodies of water. You are funding their protection and maintenance, like getting dead animals out. If you want to connect an aqueduct to a res, that works.

At this point, it doesn't look like I'm going to be reprinting the book of the river nations. There have been several ap's since kingmaker so reprinting does not make much sense at this point. If you want a print book grab it while supplies last.

So aqueducts connect to either rivers or lakes-with-reservoirs. That makes sense. Thanks!

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

You're welcome.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

There are only a few copies left. Grab yours today before they are all gone. This is the last printing. After that, it is only available in PDF.


My group is playing Kingmaker and using the Book of the River Nations expanded rules. Sebastian is excited to kill one of our characters and I need your help!

One of the kingdom events is Assassination Attempt. It is worded as follows. One of your leaders (determined randomly) is the target of an assassination attempt. If the target is a PC, play out the attempt, using an assassin of a CR equal to the targeted PC’s level + 1. If the target is an NPC, make a Stability check to negate the attempt. If the leader is assassinated, the nation gains 1d6 Unrest points and immediately suffers vacancy penalties until the role is filled during a subsequent Improvement phase.

We randomly rolled and got a PC. (10th level) We succeed on 95% of stability rolls (only fail on one), yet having a PC rolled by these rules means that we have a near 100% chance for failure given that it would be a CR 11 character.

Do you think this implies one on one combat? Do you think it should be equivalent level +1 like CR 7 instead? (A single 10th level character is ECL 6.

Or, does Sebastian just get to kill one of our PC's? (Which he is known for and is currently salivating and licking his lips so feverishly that his keyboard at work has shorted out due to the drooling.)

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

The pc is 10th level so the assassin should be 11th level. Then it should be a one on one combat between the two. I'd establish what everyone else is doing at that moment so that way the character can run for help. The assassination attempt may come down to how well the pc can attract other party help. Happened in my campaign. The wizard was targetted, he teleported out. The assassin was killed because the fighter was alerted and helped.


Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
The pc is 10th level so the assassin should be 11th level. Then it should be a one on one combat between the two. I'd establish what everyone else is doing at that moment so that way the character can run for help. The assassination attempt may come down to how well the pc can attract other party help. Happened in my campaign. The wizard was targetted, he teleported out. The assassin was killed because the fighter was alerted and helped.

Thank you for the quick answer!! By the way, your product is amazing!!!

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Thank you very much! I hope your game is going great.


Dale, or anyone else with authority:

I love the product overall, and have been using it in my personal campaign that is not Kingmaker but is instead modeled after a scenario from Civilization IV (Age of Ice). I have mentioned this before.

I would like to make some improvements to the Kingdom Sheet (page 46 of the pdf file). It would be easiest for me to simply edit the document but of course it is protected.

Is there any way I can get my hands on an unprotected or otherwise editable version of THAT PARTICULAR PAGE? This would only be for personal use (I have no intention or desire to make money off of this), and I would even be willing to hand over any edits I made to you with permission for you to use them in future updates if you so desired.

I am trying to make the kingdom sheet both more inclusive and simpler. For example, records and effects of open space improvements and features like roads, rivers, forests, and apiaries need to be included in this sheet and currently are not.

I understand if you cannot do this, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

- Ron P.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Werebat wrote:

Dale, or anyone else with authority:

I love the product overall, and have been using it in my personal campaign that is not Kingmaker but is instead modeled after a scenario from Civilization IV (Age of Ice). I have mentioned this before.

I would like to make some improvements to the Kingdom Sheet (page 46 of the pdf file). It would be easiest for me to simply edit the document but of course it is protected.

Is there any way I can get my hands on an unprotected or otherwise editable version of THAT PARTICULAR PAGE? This would only be for personal use (I have no intention or desire to make money off of this), and I would even be willing to hand over any edits I made to you with permission for you to use them in future updates if you so desired.

I am trying to make the kingdom sheet both more inclusive and simpler. For example, records and effects of open space improvements and features like roads, rivers, forests, and apiaries need to be included in this sheet and currently are not.

I understand if you cannot do this, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

- Ron P.

Hmm, Fair enough. It is in Microsoft Publisher format (since that was what I used for layout back then). Some of them are just images but the kingdom sheet is fully editable. Download here.


Sweet! Thank you so much!

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Werebat wrote:
Sweet! Thank you so much!

You're welcome. Glad I can help.


It seems this isn't available in print in the UK - there's a copy on amazon.com but it can't be shipped here. Any suggestions, beyond just printing the PDF? I'd prefer high quality for use at the table.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Hairy Dude wrote:
It seems this isn't available in print in the UK - there's a copy on amazon.com but it can't be shipped here. Any suggestions, beyond just printing the PDF? I'd prefer high quality for use at the table.

Copies are getting harder and harder to get since we are not reprinting. I'll PM you a few ideas that may work for you. I don't want to do it here since this thread is for Paizo's web store.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

For Black Friday, this PDF will be on sale for $1.50. Be sure to grab this Highly-Acclaimed and much loved kingdom building rules this weekend for this low, LOW price.

Shadow Lodge

So, I've heard you might be putting one or two of your products on sale?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Kthulhu wrote:
So, I've heard you might be putting one or two of your products on sale?

Really? Where did you hear that rumor?


are there still print copies of this awesome product?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Your local game store may have one. I'm currently working to get it on drivethru's print
service. But paizo is currently out and so is the warehouse that sends them do distributors. Sorry.


Dale - once Ultimate Campaign comes out, are you going to consider making a version 2 of this book which would expand on the newly expanded rules? Too soon to tell?

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Truth be told, I don't know. I'm not going to reprint the UCamp rules but I will probably come up with a PDF of additional buildings and other options. That might turn into a series or a whole new set of rules added on. I was actually working on an expansion when UCamp was announced and stopped working on it since I want to see what the final rules turn out to be. I don't want to come up with a whole set of add on rules only to find out Paizo did the same thing or went a totally different direction with the same basic idea. But I would rather see the final rules before making a final determination to a course of action.

Short of the long: all options are on the table.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

This book is Powered by Hero Lab and includes a Hero Lab file in the download, making it easier to integrate into your game.


Dale McCoy Jr wrote:
Kalraan wrote:

In the Kingdom Rules it lists a Market as only needing 1 city block (by default as it doesn't say), but has the prerequisite of needing to be built adjacent to at least two houses.

However the token for the Market in the Pathfinder rules has it as a two Block space.

Which is correct?

I could be just missing something.

Sorry I didn't answer this previously Kalraan. I just noticed your question. I'll look into it and get back to you.

Any updates on this question? I've read through the rest of the discussion but didn't see an answer.

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

Paizo may say differently in Ultimate Campaign, but I am sticking by what my book says for the time being. So a 1 square market would be my answer.


Dale--

Thanks for the fast reply!

President, Jon Brazer Enterprises

BishopMcQ wrote:

Dale--

Thanks for the fast reply!

Considering the original question was posted 2 years ago, I don't think I'm going to win any speed races.

201 to 250 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Book of the River Nations: Complete Player's Reference for Kingdom Building (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Top Sellers
JBE0305E
1. Book of the River Nations: Complete Player's Reference for Kingdom Building (PFRPG)
****½ (based on 10 ratings)

Our Price: $5.95

Add to Cart

2. Book of the River Nations: Mass Combat (PFRPG) PDF
3. Book of the River Nations: Exploration and Kingdom Building (PFRPG) PDF

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.