Whether your character’s in the market for an exotic weapon, a new pet, or an unusual alchemical item to help in exploring old tombs, this book has it covered. Adventurer’s Armory is the go-to sourcebook for supplementing your character’s gear; all of the items are nonmagical and most of them are priced low enough that even 1st-level heroes can afford them!
Customize your equipment for any given adventure with the following:
New weapons and armor!
New alchemical items
Skill aids and class-specific items!
New poisons and black-market goods!
Travelers’ comforts, such as cooking supplies and tents!
Adventurer favorites, like bladed boots and spring-loaded wrist sheaths!
New uses, rules, and tricks for mundane gear!
Divine items that react to channeled energy!
Power components for spells!
An alchemist cohort to keep you supplied in the field!
This player-friendly Pathfinder Companion works best with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook or the 3.5 version of the world’s oldest fantasy roleplaying game. Although suitable for play in any fantasy world, it is optimized for the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting.
Each bimonthly 32-page Pathfinder Companion contains several player-focused articles exploring the volume’s theme as well as short articles with innovative new rules for social, magic, religious, and combat-focused characters, as well as a persona section detailing helpful NPCs and traits to better anchor the player to the campaign.
Errata for the first printing of the Adventurer's Armory is available as a free download (3.4 MB zip/PDF). Updated Thursday, July 21, 2011
This very slim 32 page addition for the Pathfinder Campaign Setting primarily adds new weapons to your Pathfinder campaign, and is easily adapted to most Fantasy Role Playing Games.
There's charts for weapons on the inside front and inside back covers. Inside, of course, there's a large section on Weapons, Armor, and Adventuring Gear, and small sections on combat, faith, magic, an NPC in the Persona section, and social info.
This book is a supplement to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. The regular weapons pages gives info on everything from Aklys to Wooden Stakes. There's a very small bit about armor and shields. There are great new Adventuring Gear items, from Area Maps to Wrist Sheaths. Even more special substances like Alchemical Grease or a Water Purification Sponge. There are tool kits and spell kits, Clothing, Food Drink and lodging, mounts pets and gear, Entertainment items, what's available on the Black Market, and converting Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting items.
Then comes the charts you will need in order to introduce all these things to your campaign. There's also a quick overview of Equipment Tricks, Channelling Foci, Alchemical components, and Equipment traits and new feats. Then there's Arayam Bismut, an alchemist for hire, who has an interesting back story, and a number of kinfolk. He might make a great NPC when GM's go looking for adventure seeds.
Although you might think the small size of this book limits its focus, I believe that it is chock full of useful gaming facts. My players use it all the time. The only thing keeping it to just three stars is the total length - I wish it had been bigger. Highly recommended.
I really enjoy the Pathfinder books. Great pictures, good quality paper, easy to read. There were a lot of really cool ideas in it.
Being a type A personality I was very disappointed with the Armoury's incompleteness... it looked like there was a rush to make a buck(this is very WOTC). Please proofread your books before sending them to the printer. I hate random pieces of errata sticking out of my books (which I treasure). :)
I love buying your products, but I will not spend extra funds on reprints. Do we send them in for the "free" revision printing
These are some of the issues I had with this product:
1 A one pound Butterfly Knife is listed as a one handed melee weapon, not a light melee weapon (this makes it more cumbersome to use).
2. The following items have listings on the charts, but no descriptions: Dogslicer, War Razor, Earthbreaker, Ogre Hook, Falcata, Kopesh, Temple Sword, Urumi, Bladed Scarf, Shoanti bola, Stoneplate Armor.
3. Several items have the opposite problem from #2 above. The following items are described, but not listed on the equipment charts: Armored Kilt, Pata, Thistle Arrow, Thorn Bow, Combat Scabbard (unsharpened).
4. Several items could have used more information, because the text given is inadequate to describe the item, or how it is used. For Example: The Sawtooth Sabre and Tent (how many people per tent size?)
5. The Garrotte is WEAK and unrealistic.
6. The Persona section is wasted space.
7. The Travelling Spellbook is listed in the "Special Substances and Items" descriptions, but is listed in the "Adventuring Gear" list.
8. The Equipment Trick feat lists the following items: boots, cloak, rope, shield, and Heavy Blade Scabbard, yet only the Heavy Blade Scabbard and Shield are described.
9. A few items are listed out of alphabetical order. For example: The Prohecies of Kalistrade before Printing Press, and Riding Dog before Combat Trained Dog in the descriptions.
10. A few of the descriptions are confusing, and seem to contradict themselves.