Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Adventures Pathfinder Campaign Setting Pathfinder Player Companion Pathfinder Accessories Pathfinder Miniatures Pathfinder Fiction Pathfinder® Society™ Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible Products Pathfinder Apparel & Gifts Pathfinder Licensed Products
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Pathfinder Chronicles: Seekers of Secrets—A Guide to the Pathfinder Society (PFRPG)

****½ (based on 3 ratings)
Pathfinder Chronicles: Seekers of Secrets—A Guide to the Pathfinder Society (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add PDF: $13.99

Print Edition: $19.99

Non-Mint: Out of print

Facebook Twitter Email

Note:This product has been superseded by the Pathfinder Society Field Guide.

At long last, the gates of the Grand Lodge have been thrown open, offering an inside glimpse of the Pathfinder Society! Packed with information about the most famous group of explorers on Golarion, this 64-page sourcebook is a must for any campaign that involves the Society, whether as employers or rivals.

    Inside, you’ll find:
  • How to join the Pathfinder Society, and the rights and responsibilities of Society members
  • The origin and secrets histories of the Pathfinder Society
  • A detailed gazetteer covering the Pathfinder Society’s reception and activities in every nation of the Inner Sea Region
  • Detailed maps and descriptions of the Grand Lodge of Absalom and the Society’s newest lodge in Magnimar, plus profiles of 15 high-ranking and notorious Pathfinders
  • Thirteen new kinds of mystical ioun stones, three new variants for each type, and rules on how to implant these bizarre magic items into living flesh
  • Rules for the mysterious compasses known as wayfinders, and how their ancient magic interacts with ioun stones
  • Three new Pathfinder prestige classes, along with sample characters for each
  • New feats and spells to help characters uncover ancient secrets—and protect their own!

This book is fully legal for play in Pathfinder Society Organized Play, Paizo’s massive world-wide organized play campaign. To learn more about Pathfinder Society Organized Play, visit paizo.com/pathfindersociety!

By Tim Hitchcock, Erik Mona, James L. Sutter, and Russ Taylor

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-178-7

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting Subscription.

Product Availability


PDF: Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Print Edition: This product is out of print.

Non-Mint: This product is out of print.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

PZO9211


See Also:



Product Discussion (143)
1 to 50 of 143 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Sweet!

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

This rocks!

Liberty's Edge

arrrrgggg!!!!! why isn't it june yet?

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

Shiny! Excellent birthday present for me! I just love giving myself birthday presents.

Paizo Employee Developer

Is this another "by James Jacobs" placeholder, or is he actually writing it?

Liberty's Edge

Very Cool!

Sovereign Court

I realize this may be too early but what about feats, prestige classes, magic items, etc.? Will we be seeing any of that?


Callous Jack wrote:
I realize this may be too early but what about feats, prestige classes, magic items, etc.? Will we be seeing any of that?

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but...

In the description they wrote:


The unplumbed secrets of the Society’s vast Grand Lodge in the fabulous city of Absalom stand ready for your campaign, accompanied by a host of new magic items, feats, and spells appropriate for Pathfinder Society characters and fully legal for use in Paizo’s massive Pathfinder Society Organized Play campaign!

You got your feats and magic items covered.. along with spells..

So all you need to know is whether there are any new prestige classes or not.

:D

Sovereign Court

Watcher wrote:

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but...

That's what I get for speed-reading through the whole thing and missing some of it.

D'oh!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

This one looks very interesting. I have a soft spot for secret societies and such.

The Pathfinder organization has this Indianna Jones adventure feel that I think works very well.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

yoda8myhead wrote:
Is this another "by James Jacobs" placeholder, or is he actually writing it?

It's another placeholder.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
houstonderek wrote:
arrrrgggg!!!!! why isn't it june yet?

Because those of us in Arizona want to enjoy 1 of our two seasons. Not Summer is just starting where highs will be in the 50s to 70s for the next 6 months. The other season called "A/C" has similar characteristics, but you can't go outside.


Very cool.

Star Voter 2013, Star Voter 2014

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
yoda8myhead wrote:
Is this another "by James Jacobs" placeholder, or is he actually writing it?
It's another placeholder.

Aaaawwwww... I thought it was totally awesome that you were the writer for this book. :(

Of course, I'm sure that whoever is the writer will be most excellent, I've yet to find fault with any of Paizo's various products.

June is my B-Day month as well... it will be a very nice present to myself.
I only wish it were coming out sooner. I intend to run "Crucible of Chaos" for gaming group #2 and told them that I want them to have ties to the Pathfinder Society, and this little gem would be awesome to have... now! (Or sooner than June anyway.) ;)
On the other hand, we aren't ready for that yet, I'm still trying to close the 4e Forgotten Realms game with "Scepter Tower of Spellgard" hoping for a TPK so I can take 'em back to v.3.5 and Pathfinder (to stay) ;) Shhhh... don't tell them.

Anyway... looking forward (eagerly so) to this book.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

Will the crunch in this one be PFRPG, 3.5, or close enough to be either one? It says that this can be used with the Pathfinder Society organized play and since by August that will be in the PFRPG format all the crunch in the book will be valid for more than two months.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Dreamweaver wrote:
Will the crunch in this one be PFRPG, 3.5, or close enough to be either one? It says that this can be used with the Pathfinder Society organized play and since by August that will be in the PFRPG format all the crunch in the book will be valid for more than two months.

We're hoping to make the crunch in this book work for both 3.5 and for PFRPG, as much as possible. In fact, the majority of the crunch in books we're releasing now should be compatible with PF RPG; things like spells and feats and magic items are going to be relatively unchanged, after all; we're taking care that, in writing the new stuff, it's easy to use for either game.

Liberty's Edge

Is Erik writing this?

Dark Archive

Stegger wrote:
Is Erik writing this?

James Jacob.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

joela wrote:
Stegger wrote:
Is Erik writing this?
James Jacob.

Actually, I'm not writing it (and there's an "s" at the end of Jacobs, FWIW). My name's used as a placeholder for products that we have to announce before the product has authors assigned, and it often takes us a bit to update the website.

And yes, Erik's writing part of this book.

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
joela wrote:
Stegger wrote:
Is Erik writing this?
James Jacob.

Actually, I'm not writing it (and there's an "s" at the end of Jacobs, FWIW). My name's used as a placeholder for products that we have to announce before the product has authors assigned, and it often takes us a bit to update the website.

And yes, Erik's writing part of this book.

Thanks for the clarification.

Liberty's Edge

Thank you for the update!

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So when do the Darklight Sisterhood get their own book? :D Come on you know they deserve it.

Scarab Sages

Nice, can't wait to see it, and I greatly hope we can see other organizations detailed too (hint, Hellknights and Riftwardens, hint) ;)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Dark_Mistress wrote:
So when do the Darklight Sisterhood get their own book? :D Come on you know they deserve it.

We've probably said all we'll ever be saying about the Darklight Sisterhood, honestly.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Dyvynarth wrote:
Nice, can't wait to see it, and I greatly hope we can see other organizations detailed too (hint, Hellknights and Riftwardens, hint) ;)

As a followup to my previous post... We try to create more than we can ever follow up on. In doing so, we're trying to leave significant portions of Golarion open for individual GMs to make their own. Hellknights, with the upcoming Cheliax AP, are going to get some extensive coverage during the Council of Theives Adventure Path, but Riftwardens don't yet have much on the schedule at all.


Dyvynarth wrote:
Nice, can't wait to see it, and I greatly hope we can see other organizations detailed too (hint, Hellknights and Riftwardens, hint) ;)

Off topic...

But if we're discussing the detailing of Hellknights and Riftwardens, I'd like to chime in for Magesmiths!

(As mentioned in RotFL)

Cross posted with James: I wager we'll never see magesmiths referenced again, but a guy can ask! You do have Magnimarian Golemworks to consider, so it might be a viable class...

Paizo Employee Developer

Firmly believing that the squeaky wheel gets the most grease, yoda8myhead proceeds to ask the same question he asked in another thread...

So who are the official authors on this one, Vic?

Contributor

yoda8myhead wrote:

Firmly believing that the squeaky wheel gets the most grease, yoda8myhead proceeds to ask the same question he asked in another thread...

So who are the official authors on this one, Vic?

Erik, Tim Hitchcock, James Sutter, and Russ Taylor, with some additional material by yours truly.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Sean K Reynolds wrote:
yoda8myhead wrote:

Firmly believing that the squeaky wheel gets the most grease, yoda8myhead proceeds to ask the same question he asked in another thread...

So who are the official authors on this one, Vic?

Erik, Tim Hitchcock, James Sutter, and Russ Taylor, with some additional material by yours truly.

...and... updated listing.

Contributor

I'm just trying to add a little excitement to Vic's life by sometimes emailing him about these, sometimes posting in the thread, sometimes an exploding cake....

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Sean K Reynolds wrote:
I'm just trying to add a little excitement to Vic's life by sometimes emailing him about these, sometimes posting in the thread, sometimes an exploding cake....

...or sometimes waiting until yoda8myhead sends an exploding cake.

Paizo Employee Developer

Vic Wertz wrote:
Sean K Reynolds wrote:
I'm just trying to add a little excitement to Vic's life by sometimes emailing him about these, sometimes posting in the thread, sometimes an exploding cake....
...or sometimes waiting until yoda8myhead sends an exploding cake.

I hope your office closure tomorrow doesn't result in my most recent delivery going off with no one there to see it.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

yoda8myhead wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Sean K Reynolds wrote:
I'm just trying to add a little excitement to Vic's life by sometimes emailing him about these, sometimes posting in the thread, sometimes an exploding cake....
...or sometimes waiting until yoda8myhead sends an exploding cake.
I hope your office closure tomorrow doesn't result in my most recent delivery going off with no one there to see it.

We'll have the mailman forward any packages from you directly to Cosmo's house.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
So when do the Darklight Sisterhood get their own book? :D Come on you know they deserve it.
We've probably said all we'll ever be saying about the Darklight Sisterhood, honestly.

I was kidding... mostly. :D


houstonderek wrote:
arrrrgggg!!!!! why isn't it june yet?

It's almost June! Only 11 months to go!

Spoiler:
I want this book! Can't wait for September!

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6, Contributor , Dedicated Voter 2013

I'm hoping you'll all find this one worth the wait - especially since the delay means it will be a full Pathfinder RPG product. Paizo got some of the best to do the bulk of this book, I'm flattered I got to tag along for the rest :)


Russ Taylor wrote:
I'm hoping you'll all find this one worth the wait - especially since the delay means it will be a full Pathfinder RPG product. Paizo got some of the best to do the bulk of this book, I'm flattered I got to tag along for the rest :)

Honestly I wanted it OGL, not PFRPG, but I get the impression the difference isn't that significant.

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6, Contributor , Dedicated Voter 2013

Wolf Munroe wrote:
Honestly I wanted it OGL, not PFRPG, but I get the impression the difference isn't that significant.

I worked on a lot of rules-related material for the book, and most of what I turned over would work equivalently in either system.


Russ Taylor wrote:
Wolf Munroe wrote:
Honestly I wanted it OGL, not PFRPG, but I get the impression the difference isn't that significant.
I worked on a lot of rules-related material for the book, and most of what I turned over would work equivalently in either system.

Sweet.

Sovereign Court

Pushed back to September?
*weep*

Star Voter 2013

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

SO cool, I just love the whole PF Society, I have yoinked it for my current 4E campaign, and will keep it when we swap to PFRPG once it is finished :-)

The Exchange

I'm really looking forward to this one I must say. :) September, next month, not terribly long to wait. I dearly love the Pathfinder Society.

Paizo Employee Developer

Aw :-( I was so sure we'd see a final cover for this one since Princes of Darkness and Sixfold Trial went live today. I guess that gives me something else to look forward to next week.

Contributor

yoda8myhead wrote:
Aw :-( I was so sure we'd see a final cover for this one since Princes of Darkness and Sixfold Trial went live today. I guess that gives me something else to look forward to next week.

Seekers isn't quite out the door yet. ;)

Paizo Employee Developer

Sean K Reynolds wrote:
yoda8myhead wrote:
Aw :-( I was so sure we'd see a final cover for this one since Princes of Darkness and Sixfold Trial went live today. I guess that gives me something else to look forward to next week.
Seekers isn't quite out the door yet. ;)

Now is it out the door? It says it's expected next month, so I hope it is! And that we can see the cover! And that we can have the final back cover text! And for a million dollars?

Dark Archive

yoda8myhead wrote:
And for a million dollars?

You need to say that in an Austin Power's accent.

Spoiler:
Support the Pathfinder wiki.

Contributor

I hope, hope, hope that this product goes to the printer today. We're starting to think it's cursed.

DAMN YOU EANDO KLINE AND YOUR MUMMY'S CURSE!

Dark Archive

SKR posted on Twitter that SoS is out the door (to the printers, I presume).

Paizo Employee Developer

joela wrote:
SKR posted on Twitter that SoS is out the door (to the printers, I presume).

W00t!

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Now it is off to the printers any chance to see the final cover?

1 to 50 of 143 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Chronicles: Seekers of Secrets—A Guide to the Pathfinder Society (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.