Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Adventures Pathfinder Campaign Setting Pathfinder Player Companion Pathfinder Accessories Pathfinder Miniatures Pathfinder Fiction Pathfinder® Society™ Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible Products Pathfinder Apparel & Gifts Pathfinder Licensed Products
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pathfinder Module: Crypt of the Everflame (PFRPG)

****½ (based on 32 ratings)
Pathfinder Module: Crypt of the Everflame (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add PDF: $9.99

Non-Mint: Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

An adventure for 1st-level characters

The young heroes of the town of Kassen are ready for their coming-of-age ceremony, an old tradition in which they retrieve a piece of the eternal flame burning in the tomb of the town’s founder. Yet when they arrive there, they find only the corpses of their fellow townsfolk, dead bandits, and mysterious animated skeletons. The novice heroes must brave the traps and perils of the Crypt of the Everflame, discover the source of the corruption that has awakened an ancient evil, and defeat a menace that seeks vengeance against Kassen and its people.

Crypt of the Everflame is a dungeon adventure for 1st-level characters, written for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and compatible with the 3.5 edition of the world’s oldest RPG. The adventure map uses the same layout as the 2009 edition of Paizo’s GameMastery Flip-Mat: Dungeon. This adventure is set in the forested land of Nirmathas in the Pathfinder Chronicles campaign setting, but can easily be set in any game world. It can be used on its own or combined with its sequels, Masks of the Living God and City of Golden Death to create an even greater campaign arc.

Designed specifically for the new Pathfinder Roleplaying Game rules and designed by the new game’s primary designer, Crypt of the Everflame spotlights exciting new rules updates and character abilities, making the ideal introductory adventure for Pathfinder RPG players. A new era in fantasy roleplaying begins here!

Written by Jason Bulmahn.

Pathfinder Modules are 32-page, high-quality, full-color, adventures using the Open Game License to work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the standard 3.5 fantasy RPG rules set. This Pathfinder Module includes four pre-made characters so players can jump right into the action, and full-color maps to enhance play.

ISBN 13: 978-1-60125-186-2

Crypt of the Everflame is sanctioned for use in Pathfinder Society Organized Play. Its Chronicle Sheet and additional rules for running this module are a free download (217 KB zip/PDF).

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Modules Subscription.

Product Availability


PDF: Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Non-Mint: Unavailable This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

PZO9520NM


See Also:



Product Discussion (155)
101 to 150 of 155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Cheliax

Wolf Munroe wrote:
Coridan wrote:
Just put a little chart on the credits page (where it says the levels and stuff for the adventure) or even better set up a little chart with the module type, level range, and maybe even content warnings on the back cover!
Is one of the content warnings "may contain content from Nicolas Logue" or is that too vague?

Or, "If you read this, you may be Pett-rified"! ;)

Qadira

joela wrote:
Nameless wrote:

OOO, a new classification. I wonder what B is for?

Beginner? Basic?

Booyah??


I'm planning on running this as my first PFRPG module at the start of a new campaign and, maybe I'm being a little picky, but I was wondering where the town of Kassen is exactly.

I know it's in Nirmathas and I'm guessing it's on the river West of Tamran.

It would be great if a mini map of the geographical location could be included in modules.

Other than that small point it looks like a fun intro to the new campaign.

Keep up the good work!


Caylyn wrote:

I know it's in Nirmathas and I'm guessing it's on the river West of Tamran.

No. Tamran is much further away. It is somewhere along the river at the northern border near Lastwall. "...on the banks of the Tourondel River, making it a natural stopover from those travelling up and down the river to Skelt."

Caylyn wrote:

It would be great if a mini map of the geographical location could be included in modules.

Definitely. I was confused by the gorge and the entrance on the player's map, so I wanted to look at the GM's map of the area, but that's the only one.


Ashkecker wrote:
Caylyn wrote:

I know it's in Nirmathas and I'm guessing it's on the river West of Tamran.

No. Tamran is much further away. It is somewhere along the river at the northern border near Lastwall. "...on the banks of the Tourondel River, making it a natural stopover from those travelling up and down the river to Skelt."

Caylyn wrote:

It would be great if a mini map of the geographical location could be included in modules.

Definitely. I was confused by the gorge and the entrance on the player's map, so I wanted to look at the GM's map of the area, but that's the only one.

*laughs* I was looking on the wrong river! No wonder I couldn't figure it out.

A minor gripe about the Campaign Setting map...we need river names on there too if you're going to reference them in modules.

Cheers

Taldor PaizoCon Founder, Wayfinder Editor-in-Chief

Jason DID show us where Kassen was on the map during the playtest. Correct, it was south of the river that borders Lastwall, south of the Fangwood.

And as I recall, there were comments about river names (or the lack thereof) on the map as well.

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Timitius wrote:

Jason DID show us where Kassen was on the map during the playtest. Correct, it was south of the river that borders Lastwall, south of the Fangwood.

Did he show where along the Tourondel River Kassen is (closer to Lake Encarthan, near the western edge or the center Fangwood, etc)? Like Caylyn, I'm about to usher in a new campaign with CotE, and knowing where along the river the town is makes a lot of difference in how much of a threat Belkzen poses (among other things).

Also, isn't the entirety of the forest north and south of the Tourondel River the Fangwood? The text in the campaign setting under the entry for Nirmathas would suggest that, and not that the Fangwood was contained solely within the borders of Lastwall.

Taldor PaizoCon Founder, Wayfinder Editor-in-Chief

IconoclasticScream wrote:
Did he show where along the Tourondel River Kassen is (closer to Lake Encarthan, near the western edge or the center Fangwood, etc)?

OK, Jason's going to have to confirm this one, as I cannot precisely remember...but I THINK that Kassen lies right around (maybe just west of) that large bend in the river that points north, along the Eastern edge of the Fangwood.

IconoclasticScream wrote:
Also, isn't the entirety of the forest north and south of the Tourondel River the Fangwood? The text in the campaign setting under the entry for Nirmathas would suggest that, and not that the Fangwood was contained solely within the borders of Lastwall.

True, that's how I read it too...the Fangwood is in Nirmathas as well. I was merely referring to the map and the labeling therein.

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Timitius wrote:
IconoclasticScream wrote:
Also, isn't the entirety of the forest north and south of the Tourondel River the Fangwood? The text in the campaign setting under the entry for Nirmathas would suggest that, and not that the Fangwood was contained solely within the borders of Lastwall.
True, that's how I read it too...the Fangwood is in Nirmathas as well. I was merely referring to the map and the labeling therein.

So sorry, Timitius. I wasn't trying to correct you, just to see if you (or anyone else) had come to the same conclusion I had.

Taldor PaizoCon Founder, Wayfinder Editor-in-Chief

IconoclasticScream wrote:
So sorry, Timitius. I wasn't trying to correct you, just to see if you (or anyone else) had come to the same conclusion I had.

No, no, no problem at all. Not offended at all. It was a good clarification, and I was more than happy to confirm that I read it the same way!

BTW: You really are going to love playing this one. It had a good, old-school feel to it. And it is a wonderful way to bring the players' characters together to be a party.

Osirion

Anyone know what Experience track this uses? I didn't see any mentioned in the module. I did a quick calc of all the experience the party can get, and it looks like they just barely hit 3rd at the end on the Fast track, wheras with Medium they are about halfway to 3rd by the end.

Since the 2nd adventure in the series starts at 3rd level, should this use the Fast track? Or is Medium the default?

Cheliax

Karui Kage wrote:

Anyone know what Experience track this uses? I didn't see any mentioned in the module. I did a quick calc of all the experience the party can get, and it looks like they just barely hit 3rd at the end on the Fast track, wheras with Medium they are about halfway to 3rd by the end.

Since the 2nd adventure in the series starts at 3rd level, should this use the Fast track? Or is Medium the default?

Medium, they said.


I just bought this module at my FLGS tonight and I'm considering using it when I kick off my campaign later this month. Still deciding whether to use Golarion or a homebrew setting. If I do use Golarion and start with CotE, I want to make sure I understand where the heck Kassen is located. I've read through this thread's discussion of it and it would seem to lie on the south side of the river that splits the Fangwood in two, near the large bend in the river on the eastern edge of the forest.

If the above location is correct, I guess my question is this. Does the river also mark the border between Nirmathas and Lastwall?

Osirion RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4; Contributor; Publisher, Legendary Games

Toric wrote:

I just bought this module at my FLGS tonight and I'm considering using it when I kick off my campaign later this month. Still deciding whether to use Golarion or a homebrew setting. If I do use Golarion and start with CotE, I want to make sure I understand where the heck Kassen is located. I've read through this thread's discussion of it and it would seem to lie on the south side of the river that splits the Fangwood in two, near the large bend in the river on the eastern edge of the forest.

If the above location is correct, I guess my question is this. Does the river also mark the border between Nirmathas and Lastwall?

Hi there. I wrote the Nirmathas piece for the Campaign Setting, and the answer is:

The Tourondel is the northern river that forms the border with Lastwall.

The Marideth River is the one that flows through the Fangwood and hits Lake Encarthan at Tamran.

I'll have to look at the module more closely (I only skimmed the PDF of it), but if the supporting text in the module is referring to the latter river, then it was probably just a geography mix-up and change the name in the mod to the Marideth River.

Osirion RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4; Contributor; Publisher, Legendary Games

Jason Nelson wrote:
Toric wrote:

I just bought this module at my FLGS tonight and I'm considering using it when I kick off my campaign later this month. Still deciding whether to use Golarion or a homebrew setting. If I do use Golarion and start with CotE, I want to make sure I understand where the heck Kassen is located. I've read through this thread's discussion of it and it would seem to lie on the south side of the river that splits the Fangwood in two, near the large bend in the river on the eastern edge of the forest.

If the above location is correct, I guess my question is this. Does the river also mark the border between Nirmathas and Lastwall?

Hi there. I wrote the Nirmathas piece for the Campaign Setting, and the answer is:

The Tourondel is the northern river that forms the border with Lastwall.

The Marideth River is the one that flows through the Fangwood and hits Lake Encarthan at Tamran.

I'll have to look at the module more closely (I only skimmed the PDF of it), but if the supporting text in the module is referring to the latter river, then it was probably just a geography mix-up and change the name in the mod to the Marideth River.

Having reread the module last night, I don't think there's anything in there that suggests the river should be anything other than the Tourondel, the north-side river of Nirmathas. The flavor text indicates it is not far from Belkzen, which supports a northwestern frontier placement, as well as stating that it's a logging town downriver from Skelt.

If you are looking for a geographic spot for Kassen, bearing in mind that the poster map in the PCCS is not hyper-accurate, I would probably place it at around the point on the river where it crosses the dashed red line of the Lastwall border (and is also close to the southern tip of Belkzen). This is about the point where the river enters the vicinity of the Fangwood (and also near enough to the hills to support the short overland trip to get to the Crypt).

Andoran

I'm actually thinking about adapting this adventure so that it takes place in Ptolus. Instead of a being a rite of passage, the events in the crypt will be an Adventure Tour that has gone terribly wrong.

Adventure Tours are these pseudo-dangerous delves created by the Delver's Guild to provide adventure for those willing to pay the price. Each of the characters will be rich, yet somewhat naive, individuals who find themselves locked within the crypt, the only way out being the key towards the end of the dungeon. It is sort of a fantasy version of Westworld

This is going to be a one-shot for my crew and a new player, so this should be a lot of fun.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
alleynbard wrote:

I'm actually thinking about adapting this adventure so that it takes place in Ptolus. Instead of a being a rite of passage, the events in the crypt will be an Adventure Tour that has gone terribly wrong.

Adventure Tours are these pseudo-dangerous delves created by the Delver's Guild to provide adventure for those willing to pay the price. Each of the characters will be rich, yet somewhat naive, individuals who find themselves locked within the crypt, the only way out being the key towards the end of the dungeon. It is sort of a fantasy version of Westworld

This is going to be a one-shot for my crew and a new player, so this should be a lot of fun.

Fantastic idea. I just might steal it. One of those "Everyone inside is an actor; you're never in any real danger" things, and they don't start to think something's gone wrong until they recognize one of the corpses as the guy who had them sign their waivers....


Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

Ah-hahaha!

Andoran

Joana wrote:


Fantastic idea. I just might steal it. One of those "Everyone inside is an actor; you're never in any real danger" things, and they don't start to think something's gone wrong until they recognize one of the corpses as the guy who had them sign their waivers....

Exactly. I am glad I could help. :)

The pre-gens I am using are classed PCs, but all of them lead rather mundane lives. The cleric is a scribe, the fighter is a body guard that rarely sees combat, the sorcerer is a lab assistant, the ranger is a guide with little business due to a nasty attitude and blatant ineptness, and the rogue is an acrobatic performer. The five of them likely dream of being adventurers but this is the only way they feel they express those desires. So individually they visit the Adventure Tours office to go on an "adventure".

I imagined the crypt was quite real, that the people buried there really are figures from the past. It just so happens that the Delver's Guild uses the place for one of their "adventure tours". Adventurers likely explored the place long ago and the guild felt this would be a perfect location for one of their various tours. Pretty much the rest of the module will remain intact.

Spoiler:

I imagine the delvers keep this place under guard, but I figure the bandits paid off the guards and offered to share some of the wealth. Unfortunately, no one was warned that the crypt wasn't safe anymore. That will require me to truncate the timeline a bit. I will assume the bandits arrived just a day or two ago. The murdered tour employees arrived that morning.

I do intend to have a guide accompany the PCs into the crypt, sort of a narrator for the adventure. I guess the guide is kind of like a DM, providing a modicum of control over the events transpiring in the dungeon. That way, the guide can die at the hands of a creature (the shadow, I hope), making the characters realize that something has gone wrong. For most of the first level, things will seem normal as most of the traps are harmless and the creatures appear to operating normally to the PCs. But the guide will start to get nervous since she is realizing something isn't right (the skeletons are real and not illusions, there are some blood smears that shouldn't be there, etc). Observant PCs will notice this change in behavior and might have some forewarning of what is happening.

This scenario will also help introduce my upcoming Ptolus game. They poor, trapped party will find documents that will uncover the location of a hidden dungeon, long lost in the mists of time. The Delver's Guild lay claim to these documents and open the dungeon to exploration. Perhaps the PCs get get advance notice of this new site because of close contacts in the Delver's Guild. Adventure in and out of the dungeon will ensue. It should be noted I am using Monte Cook's Dungeonaday for the dungeon location.

I am running this one shot on Saturday so I will make sure I post how it goes.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Colour me jealous, Allen

Andoran

Matthew Morris wrote:
Colour me jealous, Allen

<sheepish grin> Sorry. I understand what you are going through. I went through years without a game. I have been very fortunate lately to have a group of people interested in gaming that exceeds the spots at my table.

Andoran

So my adaptation went very well. The group chose their characters from the group of pre-gens and everyone played their character well. I liked how they interacted almost immediately.

The scenario was easily changed. Most of it remained intact. The primary creatures were illusions while most of the traps were real. It just so happens they were altered to make them less dangerous. The story behind the crypt was true, it just so happened that the Delver's Guild of Ptolus assumed the crypt would be safe. They didn't bet on anyone invading the crypt and messing things up.

Some spoilers:

Spoiler:

Everything went terrible wrong when the group found Roldare. Soon after, their guide died and they were left to navigate the dungeons alone. Fortunately they had a map. The people who invaded the crypt were Balacazars (members of the largest criminal organization in the city), seeking clues on the location of a legendary dungeon known as Dragon's Delve. Why they wanted to get there is still a mystery. But the documents that the thieves were carrying will provide the catalyst to start my new campaign.

One other thing I changed. The story behind Asar and Kassen was altered slightly. Asar was in love with Kassen, but Kassen did not return those feelings. In fact, he eventually rejected Asar quite harshly. I omitted the ghost of Kassen (since this was a one shot, my players didn't take the gear in any case) and opened the final scene with Asar gazing into the open sarcophagus of Kassen, gently stroking his face. Asar's love was something more akin to obsession and it meant his death was not a restful one.

The amulets that the two wore in the various murals were a gift from Asar. These are also the clues that will lead to Dragon's Delve. He had hoped that Kassen would join him in exploring the dungeons. But by going all "Fatal Attraction" on Kassen, those dreams were dashed. The amulets are still in the dungeon and the group from the campaign will have to go find them if they want to locate the Dragon's Delve under the city.

So overall, a roaring success. It was an odd mix of Jurassic Park and Westworld with a dash of The Haunting thrown in. The players had a great time and the stage is now set for my new Ptolus campaign.


Question about using the Flip-Mat that goes with the adventure.

I assume that you set out the flip-mat at the start of the adventure? If this is a dungeon crawl and the players don't know the layout of the Crypt ahead of time, then I assume that laying the map out for use is a bit of a spoiler? Has anyone done this already? How have you managed that issue? Just covered up the unexplored portions of the map with a sheet of paper or somesuch?

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Basilforth wrote:
How have you managed that issue? Just covered up the unexplored portions of the map with a sheet of paper or somesuch

There's another thread somewhere in which a few of us batted some ideas around on this. I used post-it notes that could be removed to more-or-less reveal line-of-sight. We just wrapped up a session using the map like that about an hour ago, and it's working like a charm.


IconoclasticScream wrote:
Basilforth wrote:
How have you managed that issue? Just covered up the unexplored portions of the map with a sheet of paper or somesuch
There's another thread somewhere in which a few of us batted some ideas around on this. I used post-it notes that could be removed to more-or-less reveal line-of-sight. We just wrapped up a session using the map like that about an hour ago, and it's working like a charm.

Sweet! post it notes to the rescue

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps Subscriber

I was contemplating running this during a local convention here in Alaska and was looking at the pre-generated characters.

THis is where I noticed that Iconic Seoni was in a few of the art work pictures but Merisiel was one of the four on the back page/cover.

Was this intentional or just a mishap? Not that it matters that much at all but was more just curious.

Sean

PS Sorry if this was already pointed out...I do have a RSS feed to just about everything but seem to still miss some posts.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

thenorthman wrote:

I was contemplating running this during a local convention here in Alaska and was looking at the pre-generated characters.

THis is where I noticed that Iconic Seoni was in a few of the art work pictures but Merisiel was one of the four on the back page/cover.

Was this intentional or just a mishap? Not that it matters that much at all but was more just curious.

Sean

PS Sorry if this was already pointed out...I do have a RSS feed to just about everything but seem to still miss some posts.

Although we try to match the four pre-generated characters with the art for a particular module, sometimes that's a luxury we just can't enjoy (especially since we generally order art months before we have to actually decide who appears in the pre-gen section of a particular adventure).


Hi,

I began this adventure with some friends last night (me as the DM), and just have some questions about the dungeon layout (in particular, bypassing doors). I'm going to try to use the spoiler thing so others don't see them, but I've not used them before so bear with me please. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I have a hard copy of the module (not the pdf).

spoiler:
Should I ignore the stairs leading west from room 4 and the stairs leading east from room 9? I see no reference to where they go in the map or the room descriptions.

Also, the door leading south from room 2. It slams shut after 1 round of using the levers, right? How do characters on the southern side get it open to get back into room 2?

Similar question for the westernmost southern door in room 6. The eastern door is opened by the key from room 5, but what about the western door? Merisiel cannot open it, and there is no indication of what key opens it.

I have workarounds for each of these, but I was wondering if there was something I missed? Thanks!

Cheliax

Dosgamer wrote:

Hi,

I began this adventure with some friends last night (me as the DM), and just have some questions about the dungeon layout (in particular, bypassing doors). I'm going to try to use the spoiler thing so others don't see them, but I've not used them before so bear with me please. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I have a hard copy of the module (not the pdf).

** spoiler omitted **

I have workarounds for each of these, but I was wondering if there was something I missed? Thanks!

You didn't miss anything. I think this is a case of where the map was made with no pre-thought to the adventure it was to be used with.

Spoiler:
It's easy to cover though as you've probably already devised. I'd go with collapsed sections. You could always save it for later as either a mini adventure or tying in another bigger adventure. Of course you could simply leave it out when you draw out the map for the players; if you draw out the map.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
dm4hire wrote:
Dosgamer wrote:

Hi,

I began this adventure with some friends last night (me as the DM), and just have some questions about the dungeon layout (in particular, bypassing doors). I'm going to try to use the spoiler thing so others don't see them, but I've not used them before so bear with me please. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I have a hard copy of the module (not the pdf).

** spoiler omitted **

I have workarounds for each of these, but I was wondering if there was something I missed? Thanks!

You didn't miss anything. I think this is a case of where the map was made with no pre-thought to the adventure it was to be used with.

** spoiler omitted **

From the GM reference thread.

Spoiler:

Sean K Reynolds wrote:

Jason says he intended for the passages from 9 and 4 to connect.

(and)
Jason says he planned to put a key for the door between 6/8 in area 2, or meant that door to be unlocked. Use whichever solution you prefer. :)

Cheliax

Leonal wrote:
From the GM reference thread.

You know, now that you mention that thread I remember reading it. Just another example of how old I'm getting. :-(


Thanks for the link to the DM stuff. I didn't even know those threads were there. *grin*

Looks like they were just oversights, and I'll stick with my workarounds for them. Thanks again!

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Regarding the door from Area 2,

Spoiler:
I would simply rule that it could be opened easily from the South side, so characters could go back the way they came without any trouble. My group ended up just propping the door open, so it never came up.


Tamago wrote:

Regarding the door from Area 2,

** spoiler omitted **

Exactly what I was going to do as well, hehe. The characters just don't realize it yet. They think it's unopenable. *wink*


Nameless wrote:

OOO, a new classification. I wonder what B is for?

Bitchin'?

Anyway, this sounds like a classic hook for a 1st level adventure, can't wait to see the final result!

I don't see a B anywhere. The OGL modules seemed to have it clearly printed on them but these new PFRPG modules don't appear to have it on them, after getting the book I couldn't find it in the book. Most people talking about the B appear to have been talking prior to release. Is this a new direction for the modules, less classifications? Or is it that I'm just bloody well blind and can't see where the new spot is on the PFRPG modules where the classification is given?

Contributor

We no longer use letter codes to define if an adventure is part of a series/a dungeon adventure/city adventure/and so on. That info is now part of the back cover text "This dungeon and exploration adventure is for 5th-level characters blah blah blah...."

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Sean K Reynolds wrote:
We no longer use letter codes to define if an adventure is part of a series/a dungeon adventure/city adventure/and so on. That info is now part of the back cover text "This dungeon and exploration adventure is for 5th-level characters blah blah blah...."

So B stands for Blah? :D


Purchased today and really enjoyed it for a starter dungeon. It does a good job of catching that classic 'coming-of-age' hero thing . . . I'm either going to run this or an updated Curse of the Crimson Thrones for my group . . . I'll find out tomorrow.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules, Tales Subscriber

Creating maps for a VTT game, and while I'm able to get the map from the middle of the book without the key layer, the same can't be said of the first map, which appears to have been a part of the cover.

Any chance this could be "corrected" (or someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong with Acrobat Reader 8) so I can use an unmarked map that isn't all badly gimp/paint/ps hacked up?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Squeatus wrote:

Creating maps for a VTT game, and while I'm able to get the map from the middle of the book without the key layer, the same can't be said of the first map, which appears to have been a part of the cover.

Any chance this could be "corrected" (or someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong with Acrobat Reader 8) so I can use an unmarked map that isn't all badly gimp/paint/ps hacked up?

I haven't tried with Adobe Reader, but a program like SomePDF is able to get the maps extracted without any labels.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules, Tales Subscriber
Leonal wrote:
I haven't tried with Adobe Reader, but a program like SomePDF is able to get the maps extracted without any labels.

I'll give it a try with some kind of extraction tool like you mentioned.

Edit/Update: SomePDF worked just fine. Thanks for the tip.

Not sure why Reader 8 would do most but not all. I heard good things about 7, but now I really don't have to worry about that anymore. :)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Squeatus wrote:

Creating maps for a VTT game, and while I'm able to get the map from the middle of the book without the key layer, the same can't be said of the first map, which appears to have been a part of the cover.

Any chance this could be "corrected" (or someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong with Acrobat Reader 8) so I can use an unmarked map that isn't all badly gimp/paint/ps hacked up?

Full-page objects can usually only be selected in Adobe Reader 8 or lower by ctrl-clicking (Win) or option-clicking (OS X). (In Reader 9 or higher, I don't think they can be selected at all.)


Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but when I entered all of Merisiel's data in TOS+, I noticed that she has a medium load!!

RiTz21


I asked that question in this thread. (It's question #3.) Two people answered, including James Jacobs himself.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

She has a backpack. It can easily be dropped to ground when she has to fight.

All characters should drop their (usually overfilled) backpacks and bags of holding when they engage in combat IMO, but that's a topic for another discussion.


This adventure seems to be designed for 4 players. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should modify it for possibly 7? For example, there is an encounter featuring 3 wolves... should I just increase the number to 5 or 6?

Thanks in advance!


Trollish wrote:

This adventure seems to be designed for 4 players. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should modify it for possibly 7? For example, there is an encounter featuring 3 wolves... should I just increase the number to 5 or 6?

Thanks in advance!

That's exactly how I would handle it Trollish, just add a few to the overall number for the encounters where it makes sense. When it doesn't make sense, increase the creature's CR itself by slapping on some templates, or giving them allies.


Thanks, and I think I should change it up using templates as you suggest rather than simply throwing more numbers at them each time. Perhaps make the wolves more robust for example.


I'd throw an enlightened wolf in there personally, just to really throw them off.

Or, go one step further...check out the book The Noble Wild for rules for PC animals, and give one or two of the wolves some levels in ranger, or sorcerer. That's the type of thing that keeps a group on their toes.

Taldor

I'm looking for some modules to run for a school RPG club. Can anyone tell me how Crypt of the Everflame is for content? Is there anything here that I shouldn't really let 13-year-old GM's read? (P.S. I teach in a fairly conservative community. Not extremists...but conservative.)

101 to 150 of 155 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Module: Crypt of the Everflame (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.