Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Adventures Pathfinder Campaign Setting Pathfinder Player Companion Pathfinder Accessories Pathfinder Miniatures Pathfinder Fiction Pathfinder® Society™ Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible Products Pathfinder Apparel & Gifts Pathfinder Licensed Products
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Pathfinder Adventure Path #25: The Bastards of Erebus (Council of Thieves 1 of 6) (PFRPG)

***½( ) (based on 18 ratings)
Pathfinder Adventure Path #25: The Bastards of Erebus (Council of Thieves 1 of 6) (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add PDF: $13.99

Non-Mint: Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Chapter 1: "The Bastards of Erebus"
by Sean K Reynolds

The city of Westcrown is dying. Since being stripped of its station as the capital of Cheliax, the wealth and prestige of the city has gradually slipped away, leaving the desperate people to fend for themselves in a city beset by criminals, a corrupt nobility, and a shadowy curse. Can the PCs fight back against champions of both the law and the criminal world?

    This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path launches the Council of Thieves Adventure Path, and includes:
  • "The Bastards of Erebus," a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 1st-level characters, by Sean K Reynolds
  • A gazetteer of Westcrown, the shadow-haunted City of Twilight, by Steven Schend
  • An investigation into the lives of tieflings, along with hundreds of fiendish variations, by Amber Scott
  • A deadly mystery of nobility and intrigue for Pathfinder Varian Jeggare and his tiefling bodyguard Radovan in a new series of the Pathfinder's Jounal, by Dave Gross
  • Six terrifying new monsters by Mike Ferguson, Sean K Reynolds, and F. Wesley Schneider

A Pathfinder Roleplaying Game adventure for characters of 1st to 3rd level. The Council of Thieves Adventure Path is the first to take full advantage of the new Pathfinder Roleplaying Game rules, and works with both the Pathfinder RPG and the standard 3.5 fantasy RPG rules set.

Pathfinder Adventure Path is Paizo Publishing's monthly 96-page, perfect-bound, full-color softcover book printed on high-quality paper. It contains an in-depth Adventure Path scenario, stats for about a half-dozen new monsters, and several support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Pathfinder Adventure Path volumes use the Open Game License and work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the standard 3.5 fantasy RPG rules set.

ISBN–13: 978-1-60125-190-9

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscription.

Product Availability


PDF: Fulfilled immediately. Will be added to your My Downloads Page immediately upon purchase of PDF.

Non-Mint: Unavailable This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

PZO9025


See Also:



Product Discussion (311)
1 to 50 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Osirion

Wow. That sounds so awesome! I can only imagine what this thing will entail!

*shivers with delight*

EDIT: What happened to the Set Pieces?

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Cards, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

We've done drow and giants...is the Slave Lords corollary?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

No mention of the set piece for this issue?

-Skeld

Qadira

Wow! I want to buy this on the title alone! Also, isn't it a bit early for them to say what the set-pieces will be? They just finished putting up the Legacy of Fire APs, and they haven't written them yet!


Looking forward to it. I hope they cut the set pieces, I am not a big fan of them.

Qadira

DitheringFool wrote:
We've done drow and giants...is the Slave Lords corollary?

I thinks slavery is actually going to be a theme in LoF... you know, the Carrion King, Jennis, aladin, slaves...

this AP sounds grate, and I love seeing a new AP anounced... but frankly, don't you guys think it's time to try fighting something difrent from thives and thugs? me and my players, we are having quit enogh of that in Shadow in the Sky.


So, given the name of the AP, can we expect a mostly urban campaign with lors of demons, devils and thieves trying to control a single city or the begining of a huge transformation in Cheliax ?

Glad to see you're planning an official AP with PFRPG.

Andoran

AH yeah... this is one I'll be keeping my eye on!
It truly sounds like an excellent adventure path!
Now...
You did say Erebus right! As in... oh... never mind ;)
I'll keep that idea for later!

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Wasn't the elf in this mock-up cover already on an SD mockup?

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Wow, the Hellknights revealed, that's exciting!

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Will this be another [primarily] urban adventure path like CoCT?

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

My wish would be for half urban & half dungeon

I am also hoping to run this in Sept 2009, when I kick off my Fall 2009 campaign. Looking forward to getting this one!

Cheliax

Is this going to be another mostly urban/city campaign like CotCT?
Regardless it sounds wicked cool!

edit: Didnt see those last posts in the store catalog preview asking the same question. Man I hate it when that happens!

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Callous Jack wrote:
Will this be another [primarily] urban adventure path like CoCT?

But if it is urban, will it be urbane?


This sounds like awesome sauce.


"The Council of Thieves Adventure Path is the first to take full advantage of the new Pathfinder Roleplaying Game rules, and works with both the Pathfinder RPG and the standard 3.5 fantasy RPG rules set."

AND

"Pathfinder uses the Open Game License and works with both the Pathfinder RPG and the standard 3.5 fantasy RPG rules set."

Does that mean that statistics for both D&D 3.5E and for Pathfinder RPG will be presented in the product, or does it merely indicate that the Pathfinder RPG statistics in the product are mostly backward-compatible with D&D 3.5E?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Roman wrote:

Does that mean that statistics for both D&D 3.5E and for Pathfinder RPG will be presented in the product, or does it merely indicate that the Pathfinder RPG statistics in the product are mostly backward-compatible with D&D 3.5E?

The latter.


Vic Wertz wrote:
Roman wrote:

Does that mean that statistics for both D&D 3.5E and for Pathfinder RPG will be presented in the product, or does it merely indicate that the Pathfinder RPG statistics in the product are mostly backward-compatible with D&D 3.5E?

The latter.

Thanks for the clarification. It is what I suspected, but I wanted to be sure that I am understanding it correctly.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm really hoping this path has an "Ill met in Lankhmar" sort of feel, with more city adventures than the usual adventure path. Something like the old "B6: The Veiled Society" would be cool too. I'm sure whatever they do, it'll be great.

Paizo Employee Editor-in-Chief

Skeld wrote:

No mention of the set piece for this issue?

-Skeld

Oh, they're in there, no worries. Should be doing open calls for them by then too, so keep an eye out!

And, this one has my favorite title so far!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I hope that in this campaign arc we see an article on the church of Azmodeus. Please? Pretty please? :)

Cheliax

I second the motion.

Paizo Employee Developer

Anonymous wrote:
I hope that in this campaign arc we see an article on the church of Azmodeus. Please? Pretty please? :)

James has revealed in the Tuesday night chats that Iomedae and Asmodeus will be the featured deities in PF 26 and 29 but I don't know which will appear in which issue. It seems that the good deity has been first in the other paths though.


If they cut the Set Pieces, and I really hope they don't (I haven't played #15's yet, but it looks like a riot) I would like to see them collected in the Scenario Guide, which is published with the first adventure. This would give me incentive to actually buy the SG. I usually don't bother. I'm actually going to run "Second Darkness" in Eberron, since with a little modification, it seems like it will work.

I really want to find out more about the Drow houses and those runes. 15's prestigue class was wonderful at expounding, but I want to know if there are any connections between Drow and demon runes and if other houses are affiliated with certain demons...

Cheliax

GreatKhanArtist wrote:
I really want to find out more about the Drow houses and those runes. 15's prestigue class was wonderful at expounding, but I want to know if there are any connections between Drow and demon runes and if other houses are affiliated with certain demons...

You might have noticed, that there are as many house runes, as there are demon lords. So, each house is tied to a certain demon lord. James talks a little about the connections in this thread.

Cheliax

Anyone know what level this AP will take the players to?

Sczarni

This sound so cool and can't wait.


Looks good - but this many APs out and we still don't have one that starts at higher level so that it can take the players to 20? Very disappointing ;(


Hiddendragon wrote:
Looks good - but this many APs out and we still don't have one that starts at higher level so that it can take the players to 20? Very disappointing ;(

Well this is the first AP that uses new rules, I think it wouldn't be wise to introduce new rules set with an AP that doesn't start at level one...


Wow, man. I got this tingly feeling when I saw the cover and realized I'm hopelessly hooked on Pathfinder APs.

Osirion RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Kruelaid wrote:
Wow, man. I got this tingly feeling when I saw the cover and realized I'm hopelessly hooked on Pathfinder APs.

Junkie...

;)-

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Kruelaid wrote:
Wow, man. I got this tingly feeling when I saw the cover and realized I'm hopelessly hooked on Pathfinder APs.

And that's just a mockup!


I once took part in an 'all thieves' game back in 2nd edition. After the long running campaign we had been playing, it was a welcome change. This has already had me thinking of that campaign, every character had to be of a class that had thieving skills. Of course, that is when I had to convert the 1st edition Monk into 2nd edition. It was an awesome 6 month campaign.

In the game we were low level initiates of a Thieves Guild and had to earn our keep, starting doing side-jobs to increase our street cred and to make money. All while dodging thieves from our own guild to avoid being screwed over for doing non-guild jobs and keeping all the profits.

We broke into temples to steal relics, the palace, a wizard's tower, all kinds of goodies. It'll be very interesting to see what this AP turns out to be.

I'm not hoping for that exactly...but a spiritual successor to that campaign would certainly be neat. And it will be awesome to see an AP in all its PFRPG glory.

Designer, RPG Superstar Judge

Hey, we need to update the author on this one. ;)

Paizo Employee Developer

Sean K Reynolds wrote:
Hey, we need to update the author on this one. ;)

Yes you do. Who is it? I'll assign Gary or Vic to change the description if you tell me who's writing it.

Paizo Employee CEO

yoda8myhead wrote:
Sean K Reynolds wrote:
Hey, we need to update the author on this one. ;)
Yes you do. Who is it? I'll assign Gary or Vic to change the description if you tell me who's writing it.

Look above your post!

-Lisa


Yasha0006 wrote:

I once took part in an 'all thieves' game back in 2nd edition. After the long running campaign we had been playing, it was a welcome change. This has already had me thinking of that campaign, every character had to be of a class that had thieving skills. Of course, that is when I had to convert the 1st edition Monk into 2nd edition. It was an awesome 6 month campaign.

In the game we were low level initiates of a Thieves Guild and had to earn our keep, starting doing side-jobs to increase our street cred and to make money. All while dodging thieves from our own guild to avoid being screwed over for doing non-guild jobs and keeping all the profits.

We broke into temples to steal relics, the palace, a wizard's tower, all kinds of goodies. It'll be very interesting to see what this AP turns out to be.

I'm not hoping for that exactly...but a spiritual successor to that campaign would certainly be neat. And it will be awesome to see an AP in all its PFRPG glory.

Haha I too took part in an all theif game in 2e. We actually were all multi-classed with thief. The setting was a wizard in the past knew the world would become corrupt so he set up a thieves guild to train freedom fighters with an orphanage as a front and recruiting center basically. Then play proceeded from there.


Since this will be the first AP using the final PFRPG rules and they have a swashbuckler on the cover, does this mean that we might get a new class? :D Then he could just be a duellist >_>

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

While I don't know for sure I imagine considering the main goal of the PFRPG that it will just be the core rules, classes ect. Just tweaked and fixed here and there with out a lot of totally new stuff. But I might be wrong to.

Though seeing some optional core classes would be nice, I always liked them more than PrC's myself. I would like to see a temptress or houri class done by Paizo. I like the one Mongoose did for Conan but felt it could have been a bit more. Plus with the boosts to the core classes in PFRPG other classes like that would also need a boost. I do hope the PFRGP sells well and we see some paizo splat books come out for it or 3pp ones.

Paizo Employee Developer

DeathCon 00 wrote:
Since this will be the first AP using the final PFRPG rules and they have a swashbuckler on the cover, does this mean that we might get a new class? :D Then he could just be a duellist >_>

The image to which you are referring is just placeholder art. I imagine we'll see the final cover for this between late May and the middle of June.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Sean K Reynolds wrote:
Hey, we need to update the author on this one. ;)

Updated.

Paizo Employee Developer

Vic Wertz wrote:
Sean K Reynolds wrote:
Hey, we need to update the author on this one. ;)
Updated.

Slightly off-topic, but shouldn't product announcements be coming sometime soon?

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Question for Sean and the playtesters. What terrain are you guys using? Is that Dwarven Forge?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mr Baron wrote:
Question for Sean and the playtesters. What terrain are you guys using? Is that Dwarven Forge?

It is. We've got a LOT of that stuff sitting around the conference room. It's pretty handy stuff!

Taldor

In this scenario, my curiosity asks, what conditions were the Alea color magnets used to mark? Please, if you can share?

Paizo Employee Developer

James Jacobs wrote:
Mr Baron wrote:
Question for Sean and the playtesters. What terrain are you guys using? Is that Dwarven Forge?
It is. We've got a LOT of that stuff sitting around the conference room. It's pretty handy stuff!

You've even got a loaf of banana bread from the recipe I suggested to Sean, from what it looks like. Glad to see you're using it. Hope everyone liked it.

Cheliax

yoda8myhead wrote:
You've even got a loaf of banana bread from the recipe I suggested to Sean, from what it looks like. Glad to see you're using it. Hope everyone liked it.

Probobly helped make the tpk more breadable for the players.

Designer, RPG Superstar Judge

Pax Veritas wrote:
In this scenario, my curiosity asks, what conditions were the Alea color magnets used to mark? Please, if you can share?

Given Hank's druid's proclivity for using the entangle spell*, I'm pretty sure all of those indicate that the character is entangled.

*So much that on the marker board his character is listed as "Nadasha the Entangler."

Contributor

Sean K Reynolds wrote:

Given Hank's druid's proclivity for using the entangle spell*, I'm pretty sure all of those indicate that the character is entangled.

*So much that on the marker board his character is listed as "Nadasha the Entangler."

Indeed. ;) And I've decided that the verbal component of entangle is Shazaam!!! I just need to convince Jason to make it official.

1 to 50 of 311 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Adventure Path #25: The Bastards of Erebus (Council of Thieves 1 of 6) (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.