Welcome to the Crystal Caves... the ideal source for all things crystalline for your miniature needs. WorldWorks' first Megabash, Crystal Caves is a fan-built (yes, staff members can still be fans) model set derived from previous works; in this case, mostly CaveWorks. Designed to be ultimately flexible, Crystal Caves has a huge variety of options and capabilities, and instructions to go from a basic, novice level of skill all the way into advanced tips and tricks, even some of my best kitbashing secrets.
Crystal Caves holds to the earlier CaveWorks masterboard design, but is also set up to accommodate the newer PaperLinX format for connecting tiles together. It even takes the system one step further, designing various sizes and shapes of chambers that can be interconnected in a variety of ways. The old riser system of CaveWorks is alive and well... and improved on. New tips and tricks let you take your risers in a variety of different shapes and directions.
There are pieces included to transition smoothly from a CaveWorks environment into a Crystal Caves one, but that is hardly the only set that Crystal Caves can be used with. As shown, there are other places where the crystals can emerge and find use.
The most amazing part about Crystal Caves is the breadth of support. While the list below tells you what model pieces are in the set, keep in mind that every crystal ground section is provided in 1", 1.5", and Gridless format (as appropriate), and that every last facet of crystal comes in NINE different colors: Red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, black and white!
WorldWorksGames PDF terrain sets offer gamers a visually stunning and cost-effective alternative to other, more expensive gaming terrain solutions. “Print, Build & Play!”—it really is as simple as that! Download the terrain, open the PDF, print to cardstock on your home printer; build as many items as you need and PLAY! Our models are easy to build for any skill level, come with richly illustrated instructions and your environment can be as big or as small as your game requires, for just pennies a page! All of that backed by a level of detail and presentation unmatched in the industry. Our commitment is to making your game experience come to life without breaking the bank!
Crystal Caves includes the following items:
- Two styles of bridge: narrow and wide
- Transition pieces: Long, high, and entrance caves with partial-crystal walls and partly-crystallized pillars
- Four different sizes of crystals, from tiny to huge, including bases
- A huge assortment of crystal "elements"... free-standing bits of crystal, or pieces to add to other larger parts and embellish them further
- Five heights of hexagonal pillars, and two sizes of 3D crystal spires
- Different wall styles and entrances of varied width for an incredibly flexible system of laying out chambers
- Risers of different heights, and instructions on how to customize them in many different shapes and formats
- Four standees... a demonling, a crystal elemental, a crystalline spider (or scorpion), and a MASSIVE crystal golem
And remember, that's everything in 9 different colors, and all in 1" grid, 1.5" grid, and Gridless formats! There are over 650 unique model items in this set. And as always, WorldWorks' online user forums and comprehensive customer support are there when you need them.
So what are you waiting for? Get crystallized!
Download the FREE promo pack featuring full-size images!
Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at