Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Adventures Pathfinder Campaign Setting Pathfinder Player Companion Pathfinder Accessories Pathfinder Miniatures Pathfinder Fiction Pathfinder® Society™ Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatible Products Pathfinder Apparel & Gifts Pathfinder Licensed Products
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pathfinder Player Companion Ongoing Subscription

Start your subscription with either
or
Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the Stars (PFRPG) Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the Stars (PFRPG) Preorder - Expected approximately . Start with this Product

You may change your starting volume during checkout.

Subscription Price:
Cover Price

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Pathfinder Player Companion is an invaluable resource for Pathfinder Roleplaying Game players and Game Masters. Each monthly 32-page Pathfinder Player Companion contains several player-focused articles exploring the volume’s theme as well as short articles with innovative new rules for all types of characters, as well as traits to better anchor the player to the campaign.

With your ongoing Pathfinder Player Companion subscription, we'll automatically send you every new volume as it's released, charging your credit card automatically as we ship each volume. You only need to sign up once, and never need to worry about renewal notices or missed volumes!

After we ship your subscriber copy, you'lll be able to download a PDF of that volume—a $8.99 value—for FREE! (Note that you only get free PDFs for releases shipped as part of your subscription; you do not get free PDFs when purchasing older volumes that are not sent as subscriber copies.)

If you have other Paizo subscriptions, you can combine them to save money on shipping.

When you start an ongoing subscription, any existing preorders for products covered by your subscription are automatically cancelled (or have their quantity reduced by one if you've preordered more than one of an item).

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at webmaster@paizo.com.

45496

Upcoming products in this subscription


Pathfinder Player Companion: People of the Stars (PFRPG)
Pathfinder Player Companion: Champions of Corruption (PFRPG)
Pathfinder Player Companion: Advanced Class Origins (PFRPG)
Pathfinder Player Companion: Ranged Tactics Toolbox (PFRPG)
Pathfinder Player Companion: Giant Hunter's Handbook (PFRPG)
Pathfinder Player Companion: Familiar Folio (PFRPG)

See Also:

Product Discussion (87)
1 to 50 of 87 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm in!!!


Wellllll..... The Players were wanting something just for them. Please, please, please remember that I can only afford so much right now.


FYI, if you subscribe this weekend your "Pathfinder Companion subscriber" tag won't appear until after Monday. Gary's gotta sleep. :-)


Sharoth wrote:
Wellllll..... The Players were wanting something just for them. Please, please, please remember that I can only afford so much right now.

Which is why we went for $9.99 instead of something higher. :-)


Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Wellllll..... The Players were wanting something just for them. Please, please, please remember that I can only afford so much right now.
Which is why we went for $9.99 instead of something higher. :-)

Ok. I was not mad or anything like that. I am jsut scrimping slightly now and I really, really want to support you all over at Paizo.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules Subscriber

So if I subscribe I can spend my saved gamemastery dollars (due to the reduction in product)on companion stuff?

Is this going to alternate months with the modules


Well, I signed up ASAP once I noticed that, despite my pocketbook getting mad at me.


Werecorpse wrote:

So if I subscribe I can spend my saved gamemastery dollars (due to the reduction in product)on companion stuff?

Is this going to alternate months with the modules

Yes and yes.

And save $3 or so overall since the Pathfinder Companion is slightly less than the Pathfinder Modules.

Starting in August:

August - Pathfinder Companion: Second Darkness
September - Pathfinder Module D4: Hungry are the Dead
October - Pathfinder Companion: Elves of Golarion
November - Pathfinder Module J4: The Pact Stone Pyramid
December - Pathfinder Companion: Osirion, The Land of Pharaohs
January - Pathfinder Module S1: Clash of the Kingslayers

...and so on.


Sharoth wrote:
Well, I signed up ASAP once I noticed that, despite my pocketbook getting mad at me.

See above. "Mad" is the new "happy".


Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Well, I signed up ASAP once I noticed that, despite my pocketbook getting mad at me.
See above. "Mad" is the new "happy".

~laughter~ Ok. I can live with what you all have done. I could have even lived with a module and a companion once a month.


Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Gary's gotta sleep. :-)

Why?


Good question. I'll go poke him with a stick and ask.

Andoran

Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Which is why we went for $9.99 instead of something higher. :-)

So then with Pathfinder Advantage, this subscription will be $8.50 a month. Is that correct?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

SlayerMac wrote:
Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Which is why we went for $9.99 instead of something higher. :-)
So then with Pathfinder Advantage, this subscription will be $8.50 a month. Is that correct?

Your math appears to be correct!

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Paizo, good to see you guys are trying to get some Player business back instead of just DMs. This looks like some really solid product. I'm looking forward to it.

Paizo Employee PostMonster General

Ow!

Stop that!

I'm tryin' a take a nap here!


I'm in like Flynn!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Gary! Answer your phone!

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Vic Wertz wrote:
SlayerMac wrote:
Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Which is why we went for $9.99 instead of something higher. :-)
So then with Pathfinder Advantage, this subscription will be $8.50 a month. Is that correct?
Your math appears to be correct!

Not quite. Shouldn't in be every other month?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Ross Byers wrote:
Not quite. Shouldn't in be every other month?

D'oh!

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Maps Subscriber

I second that. I'm really looking forward to reading the first one when it arrives.


Done did subscribed! Can't wait!

Osirion

Did something happen to the GameMastey line?


fray wrote:
Did something happen to the GameMastey line?

You should read this thread.

Andoran

I´m in :-)

Will there be a Pathfinder Complete or Pathfinder Charter Complete tag available?

Cheliax

As long as it stays 3.X, I'm in.
I'd like a "Pathfinder Complete Addict" tag. ;-)

Osirion RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the "Pathfinder Companion: Second Darkness" has been added to my current Side Cart. If I am reading that correctly, that means that my stuff will keep stacking up until August without being sent ('cause I think the same thing happened when I subscribed to Pathfinder Chronicles).


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

With the Pathfinder Modules going bimonthly this subscription is a no-brainer to me. So I added my subscription yesterday and now I only have to figure out if my budget can encompass the Chronicles subscription too.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
flash_cxxi wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the "Pathfinder Companion: Second Darkness" has been added to my current Side Cart. If I am reading that correctly, that means that my stuff will keep stacking up until August without being sent ('cause I think the same thing happened when I subscribed to Pathfinder Chronicles).

Oooh, same here. Good catch!

Edit: it's also not showing up in My Subscriptions. No biggie, just FYI.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
golem101 wrote:
As long as it stays 3.X, I'm in.

Ditto!

golem101 wrote:
I'd like a "Pathfinder Complete Addict" tag. ;-)

Same ;p

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

You... You've mental control facilities!

Why else would I subscribe to this as soon as I've seen it?

"Cos Paizo guys work just wonderfully and every bought product has been a succeed for you?" -Answered my conscience.

Oh, yeah, that'd work.

:D

I'm already in.

WotC'll have serious problems maintaining me as a customer, 'cos I won't have enough money for both Paizo and them!

Andoran

golem101 wrote:
I'd like a "Pathfinder Complete Addict" tag.

Then we can start a new 6 step "recovery" program:

Me: Hi I'm Lori.
Group: Hi Lori.
Me: I am a Pathfinder complete addict.
Group: That's OK, we have a nice 6 step adventure path for you.
Me: I thought you were going to help with my addiction?
Group: Oh, we are, dear. We are... (muh ah ha ha) Because after that 6 step program, there will be another 6 step program...and another.
Me: (Fails Will save) Opens pocketbook...takes a slow look at the VISA card and slowly gives it to my "sponsor" (Cosmo).

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Stegger wrote:

I´m in :-)

Will there be a Pathfinder Complete or Pathfinder Charter Complete tag available?

We have something in the works... give us a couple of weeks.

Grand Lodge

to quote the Pathfinder Companion, Second Darkness thread

Vic Wertz wrote:
Ross Byers wrote:
So this is what happened to the free Player's Guide?
Yep. We will be sending a free copy along with subscriber copies of Pathfinder 13. So you're getting 32 pages instead of 16!

How does this affect future pathfinder APs and Pathfinder Companion releases? will I get all Pathfinder Companion releases free as part of my AP charter subscription?

or will Second Darkness be the last in the AP Players guides with Pathfinder Companion replacing the Players Guides for future APs in a more general term?

I really liked the idea that I can simply hand my players guide to my players without them getting hold of adventure information. The traits in Curse of the crimson throne players guide are also an awesome addition.

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Quijenoth wrote:


How does this affect future pathfinder APs and Pathfinder Companion releases? will I get all Pathfinder Companion releases free as part of my AP charter subscription?

or will Second Darkness be the last in the AP Players guides with Pathfinder Companion replacing the Players Guides for future APs in a more general term?

I really liked the idea that I can simply hand my players guide to my players without them getting hold of adventure information. The traits in Curse of the crimson throne players guide are also an awesome addition.

Pathfinder Companion is a separate subscription from the AP. It is not included.

The Second Darkness Player's Guide no longer exists. It has been replaced by Pathfinder Companion: Second Darkness, which will be free with your AP subscription. The first dose is free, as they say.


¡WoW! Another pathfinder line ¡¡I'm in!!


I just subcribed.

Andoran

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Quijenoth wrote:
I really liked the idea that I can simply hand my players guide to my players without them getting hold of adventure information. The traits in Curse of the crimson throne players guide are also an awesome addition.

The Companions are going to be completely player-friendly. Kind of like expanded Guides, with material that's all perfectly safe for players, as well as being about Golarion as a whole and the different aspects of it.


My wife is going to go bonkers when she realises I have added another subscription :-)

maybe I should start putting these through as business expenses?

Looking forward to the first one, August is sooo long away.

Qadira

So if the first one is free via my Pathfinder subscription then if I subscribe to this it'd start with the second one?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Vic Wertz wrote:
Stegger wrote:

I´m in :-)

Will there be a Pathfinder Complete or Pathfinder Charter Complete tag available?

We have something in the works... give us a couple of weeks.

Did I say weeks? I meant days.

Behold: The Pathfinder Superscriber!


SUPERSCRIBER!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Mark Peyton wrote:
So if the first one is free via my Pathfinder subscription then if I subscribe to this it'd start with the second one?

Correct—the first one you'd pay for would be the second one.

Andoran

You guys are awesome. Now, eventually you might release a whole new slew of products, and I might not be watching. If that happens will the 'superscriber tag' go away? So it might clue me in to a whole new product line?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

DeadDMWalking wrote:
You guys are awesome. Now, eventually you might release a whole new slew of products, and I might not be watching. If that happens will the 'superscriber tag' go away? So it might clue me in to a whole new product line?

Erm... good question. And one that we won't need to answer anytime soon!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

This is a test of the Superscriber System.

On an entirely unrelated topic, where's the Titanic Games Subscription?
Which, if you're a Pathfinder Superscriber, Planet Stories Subscriber, and Titanic Games Subscriber, nets you the coveted Paizo Deluxe Superscriber Tag!!!!!

Ha!

Andoran

Chiaroscuro wrote:

This is a test of the Superscriber System.

On an entirely unrelated topic, where's the Titanic Games Subscription?
Which, if you're a Pathfinder Superscriber, Planet Stories Subscriber, and Titanic Games Subscriber, nets you the coveted Paizo Deluxe Superscriber Tag!!!!!

Ha!

Nah! Then you qualify for the "my Paizo bill is larger than my mortage payment" tag.

Andoran

Vic Wertz wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Stegger wrote:

I´m in :-)

Will there be a Pathfinder Complete or Pathfinder Charter Complete tag available?

We have something in the works... give us a couple of weeks.

Did I say weeks? I meant days.

Behold: The Pathfinder Superscriber!

Fantastic!!! Thank you.

CHARTER........


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Is this a seperate subscription from Pathfinder and Pathfinder Chronicles?


Nyarlathotep wrote:

Is this a seperate subscription from Pathfinder and Pathfinder Chronicles?

SHORT ANSWER

Yes it is. It only ships once every other month, not monthly.

LONG ANSWER
The Modules used to come every month. Now they will come every other month. It is still a seperate subscription.. though it has been renamed Pathfinder Modules...

This new Companion series will alternate with the Modules, but it also is it's own subscription.

So the break down...

1.) Pathfinder... unchanged as you know it.
2.) PF Chronicles... no set schedules, and unchanged as you know it.
3.) PF Modules (used to be GameMastery)- now every other month
4.) PF Companion - brand new concept, every other month, alternating with the modules (but unrelated to the modules)

1 to 50 of 87 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Player Companion Subscription All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.