Just under "The Citadel of the Four" lies the "Shaft Level". The sixth level of the Dungeon Under the Mountain layout tells its own tale. The level is divided in half—the upper half belonged to a warlike deep dwarves tribe which waged war on the dark trolls living below. The dwarves conquered and built, gnawing the trolls' caverns foot by foot. In the end the two factions destroyed themselves leaving a ruined territory hunted by surviving monsters and small bands of marauders.
The Dungeon Under the Mountain is a massive dungeon you can locate anywhere in your campaign world. Each level contains hundreds of rooms ready to be filled with the critters of your choice and with the devious traps you prefer.
This product contains a single king-size (22"x34") map, as well as the same map divided into eight US letter sheets for easy printing. Since these products are completely vector-based, you can select small portions of the dungeon and scale them as you see fit without sacrificing print resolution. If you like, you can print out every single room in battlemap-scale, for use with your miniatures.
The exclusive "Rule Your Dungeon" feature allows you to customize the look of your dungeon, make it more print- friendly (black and white), add the furniture, toggle the grid, hide the room numbers and more. On each sheet, you will find a large button that will not be printed (so don't worry if it covers some rooms). Clicking this button displays options detailed below. Please be aware that each time you make a choice it is reflected throughout the whole document (the 22"x34" map, and the single pieces).
Here are the available options:
- Numbers: hides room numbers; useful if you want to use your own room numbers
- Furniture: hides furniture, doors and the like and allows you to print and draw your own rooms
- Grid: activate/deactivate the grid
- Teleport: activate/deactivate the teleport (green) areas
- Water: activate/deactivate the water (blue) areas
- Main Areas: activate/deactivate the main (orange) areas
- Secondary Areas: activate/deactivate the secondary (yellow) areas
- Fill: activate/deactivate the black in the walls (to save printer ink)
- Toggle White/Yellow: this option toggles the rooms' background from yellow to white and vice versa
- All: activate all options (if any one is disabled) or deactivate all options (if all are activated)
This product offers a variety of uses. You can simply take it straight, fill the rooms and start your favourite dungeon crawl campaign. The dungeon has suggested key areas, but if you want customization, it lies just few clicks away! Using the "Rule the Dungeon" feature you can alter the map to suit your needs. Want a blank dungeon without features? Want just the key areas over a white background? Want to print only some portions of the dungeon? Want to make handouts for your players with the dungeon without features? You can do all that and more!
Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at